Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

TurboXS Announces the Z UTEC Release

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 07:11 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

also, since the basic UTEC doesnt include the wideband feedback, knock feedback, and the pressure sensor for FI , what do those cost?
I need to know what I would need to order. I do not want to buy the UTEC and find that I didnt buy everything I needed when I go to install it.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:23 PM
ThetunerFestNJ
Banned

Originally Posted by 35ounces
also, since the basic UTEC doesnt include the wideband feedback, knock feedback, and the pressure sensor for FI , what do those cost?
I need to know what I would need to order. I do not want to buy the UTEC and find that I didnt buy everything I needed when I go to install it.
Good questions.
Jermain, can you post all this information for people to make a better informed purchase..I so want one of these!!
Old 10-13-2005, 10:43 PM
accordfreak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I can use a map sensor.. like a 3 bar map sensor, can I eliminate the MAF sensor all together? i'm new to vehicles with MAF's. thanks
Old 10-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OK - I'll make it easy so everyone can understand

350Ounces - active knock correction is a standard feature of the UTEC - there is nothing else needed to buy and nothing to wire in. You can set the sensitivity via the utec itself, or just leave it as it comes from TXS and it will detec knock on the same sensitivity as the stock ecu does, and retard as much in the event of an knock event as much as the stock ecu does.

As far as datalogging with a wideband, in order to do so, you must purchase a Tuner or Tuner Pro. The UTEC will not integrate with any other wideband on the market aside from the Tuner or Tuner Pro. You can read all about the differences between the Tuner and Tuner Pro on any number of websites, including Turbo XS's. If you do not buy a Tuner, the UTEC still can datalog a host of parameters from timing to knock to boost to TPS - all configurable inside the UTEC "software". However, if you want to datalog wideband 02 as part of the mix, a Tuner or Tuner Pro is required.

If your car is FI, you would need to purchase the MAP sensor as well ($119.00 with the wiring harness that enables it to plug into the UTEC). This is a proprietary Turbo XS 5 (five) bar sensor. The stock MAF will still be retained for crusing, idle, and similar no boost driving scenarios. The MAP sensor is there for situations where boost is present - again, ensuring smooth idling, smooth driveability, without all the hiccups pure MAP based tuning can cause for novices and experts alike
Old 10-14-2005, 08:20 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

too many UTEC threads going! I posted on motoring: http://www.350zmotoring.com/forums/s...405#post445405
the local tuner god prefers eManage.
Old 10-15-2005, 12:45 PM
ThetunerFestNJ
Banned

Jermain
Any updates??
Old 10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
aalzuhair

Thanks Jermaine

To answer your question, I was just checking to see if I would have the ability to increase idle speed should I need to.

One last question if I may, with the UTEC installed, which ecu (stock ECU or UTEC) will control valve timing?

Thanks,

Az
Old 10-16-2005, 11:01 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by aalzuhair
Thanks Jermaine

To answer your question, I was just checking to see if I would have the ability to increase idle speed should I need to.

One last question if I may, with the UTEC installed, which ecu (stock ECU or UTEC) will control valve timing?

Thanks,

Az
Az,

The UTEC will have the ability to control VTC. Initial release version will not but it is a software that we are definitely implementing.

Thanks,

Jermaine@turboxs.com
Old 10-16-2005, 06:27 PM
aalzuhair

Jermaine, when do you think you will release a software version that would include all of these things.

Thanks,
Az
Old 10-17-2005, 06:38 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by aalzuhair
Jermaine, when do you think you will release a software version that would include all of these things.

Thanks,
Az
Az,

Our engineers are busting their hump to get me software immediately. I will probably have an update later on this week.

Thanks,

Jermaine~

P.S. I will be tuninig the MRC beast again this week with stiffer w/g spring
Old 10-17-2005, 06:48 AM
NoObTuNeR

What base maps will be downloadable at the time of release? Say we wanted a base map for just intake or exhaust mods. Or maybe if we got the aps tt tuner kit, will there be a base map we can use till we can get a proper tune? How far are you guys from the glen burnie area?

Brian
Old 10-17-2005, 07:07 AM
damen

hey jermaine do you think you'd be able to tune my single turbo G35 coupe? if so just let me know when i can drop it off since your local to me. hehehehe
Old 10-18-2005, 08:45 AM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

hey ... sponsor me. haha i have a 05 g35 aps tt.. i need to save some money somewhere i just blew my motor.. building my internals now ...

but for real.. im probably ditching my unichip for this.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:31 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by NoObTuNeR
What base maps will be downloadable at the time of release? Say we wanted a base map for just intake or exhaust mods. Or maybe if we got the aps tt tuner kit, will there be a base map we can use till we can get a proper tune? How far are you guys from the glen burnie area?

Brian
I will have basic base maps upon release.
stock car
Intake, Exhaust
Intake, Exhaust and Headers..

I will have many maps to choose from to keep you guys happy

hey jermaine do you think you'd be able to tune my single turbo G35 coupe? if so just let me know when i can drop it off since your local to me. hehehehe
Yes I can tune it.. Only if you let me pick up hot chicks in it..

Jermaine~
Old 10-19-2005, 07:52 PM
Gman2004

does anyone know what kind of boost controller they used on the MRC car in conjunction with the UTEC?
Old 10-19-2005, 09:56 PM
theking

+1? Were you using the UTEC to actuate a boost solenoid or using a standalone controller?
Originally Posted by Gman2004
does anyone know what kind of boost controller they used on the MRC car in conjunction with the UTEC?
Old 10-20-2005, 04:35 AM
damen

Originally Posted by BlackTuner

Yes I can tune it.. Only if you let me pick up hot chicks in it..

Jermaine~

hey we can roll together, this is howard's homecoming this weekend. let me know if your trying to roll.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:55 AM
Julian@RACEMRC
Banned

Hey all,
I have been folowing the UTEC threads with some interest,as you know. We have loaned Jermain one of our APS equiped TT cars for product development and testing. Jermain has been making some progress with our car and will be tuning either today or tommorow with the upgraded actuators and larger injectors. We are really excited about the UTEC comming to the 350Z market and are convinced it will be a whole new revolution in tuning VQ motors for years to come. The featuers the UTEC will have along with the free software updates and customer service will make the UTEC far more marketable than the Emanage IMO.some will dissagree with me on this,but only time will tell.Adam from Z1 and I both agree that over the EU the choice will be obviously clear cut.UTEC. We will be carrying UTEC's for the 350Z and will continue to work with Jermain on this project well into the future. We should have the car back later this week and be doing some 1/4 mile passes to prove that OUR cars are not DYNO QUEENS but are street,drift,and track proven. The 350Z community has come a long way in the past 2 years alone!!
Old 10-20-2005, 07:26 AM
BlackTuner

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Gman,

We are using our DTEC-BC.

It offers some cool features like:

RPM & Gear Based Boost Control
Closed Loop Boost Control
5 Boost Maps
45 PSI Map Sensor (also the same sensor used on the Z UTEC.)
Includes our Knock Lite

We can also add an additional solenoid to allow you to control the upper and lower port on a external waste-gate. This gives you the ability to apply and control the amount of positive pressure being applied to the top side of your waste-gate.Using manifold pressure to help seat your waste-gate, the advantage of this is that you can run very low waste-gate springs like (3-4 Psi.) so that you can launch on very low boost without blowing away the tires using the gear based boost control. Once you are in higher traction situations you can start ramping your boost to your higher boost targets.

Jermaine@turboxs.com
Old 10-20-2005, 07:31 AM
theking

That's what I thought! This is great! I've only heard good things about this controller.
Originally Posted by BlackTuner
Gman,

We are using our DTEC-BC.

It offers some cool features like:

RPM & Gear Based Boost Control
Closed Loop Boost Control
5 Boost Maps
45 PSI Map Sensor (also the same sensor used on the Z UTEC.)
Includes our Knock Lite

We can also add an additional solenoid to allow you to control the upper and lower port on a external waste-gate. This gives you the ability to apply and control the amount of positive pressure being applied to the top side of your waste-gate.Using manifold pressure to help seat your waste-gate, the advantage of this is that you can run very low waste-gate springs like (3-4 Psi.) so that you can launch on very low boost without blowing away the tires using the gear based boost control. Once you are in higher traction situations you can start ramping your boost to your higher boost targets.

Jermaine@turboxs.com

Quick Reply: TurboXS Announces the Z UTEC Release