Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 10:50 AM
max2000jp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vision619
On another note, Dyno sheets from VRT are on the way. They are literally on the way to the Dyno Shop as we speak so hopefully we can get back on topic soon. However I know what numbers this car produces and I'm telling you, It's impressive. No BS.
That's all everyone was asking, simple dynos and timeslips. Is that too much to ask of a reputable performance shop? AMS posts videos of their 1/4 mile runs and dynoes straight on their website to backup their claims. VRT still makes a lot of bogus claims when it comes to what their cars can do. First, lets see the dynos and timeslips and we can go from there.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:55 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by max2000jp
That's all everyone was asking, simple dynos and timeslips. Is that too much to ask of a reputable performance shop? AMS posts videos of their 1/4 mile runs and dynoes straight on their website to backup their claims. VRT still makes a lot of bogus claims when it comes to what their cars can do. First, lets see the dynos and timeslips and we can go from there.
Ok, I just said dyno sheets are on the way ... and let's clear this up.

VRT does not build drag cars
These cars are not set up in any way shape or form to get an accurate slip on what they are capable of in a drag enviornment. Any number produced from a 1/4 mile run would be well below what the car is actually capable of producing. Does that not make sense?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:58 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
I think he asked about pics and vids showing your power production under the impression you had a JWT kit installed by VRT. Not just because he wanted to see your car.
Hmm. Maybe. Oh well. My bad.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:02 AM
max2000jp

These cars are not set up in any way shape or form to get an accurate slip on what they are capable of in a drag enviornment. Any number produced from a 1/4 mile run would be well below what the car is actually capable of producing. Does that not make sense?
I honestly don't think that VRT knows much about building cars in general, but that's my opinion. The Z was never built as a "drag car", so therefore VRT's excuse is BS. Put some Mickey Thompson ET streets on the car and take it to the track. Again, 350Z's are built for handling and if you look on this forum's drag racing section you will see they do pretty well in 1/4 racing. Also, what good is power if you can't put it down to the ground. Seems like they need to go to the drawing board and find a traction solution.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Nealoc187

It makes perfect sense, but the issue is that VRT claimed certain 1/4 mile numbers which were obviously fake, and claimed certain dyno numbers which were also obviously fake. They hadn't produced these numbers that they made claims to, which means they were lying. That is the point I've been trying to get across. They lied.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Gman2004

Ok you lost me on that one. Why would their set up produce lower times on the drag strip? If the car has the power then nothing else should matter. There are cars on this board with a basic TT set up and no other mods other than wheels and tires are that getting really good times. If VRT is building cars from the motor to the suspension then they should be getting the same track times if not better.

I think I will put on my hard hat now, cause the BS is really starting to fly in here.

Last edited by Gman2004; 11-11-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Nealoc187

. double post
Old 11-11-2005, 11:29 AM
nissansource

Wow that was some great reading for when your bored at work. Glad to see the forums are still bashing a company for trying.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by nissansource
Wow that was some great reading for when your bored at work. Glad to see the forums are still bashing a company for lying.
I fixed your post for you.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
vision619

It makes perfect sense, but the issue is that VRT claimed certain 1/4 mile numbers which were obviously fake, and claimed certain dyno numbers which were also obviously fake. They hadn't produced these numbers that they made claims to, which means they were lying. That is the point I've been trying to get across. They lied.
Edited ... Here you go ... for all the non-believers. No one is lying. You are simply trying to make it look that way. Numers don't lie. Also if you notice Jim only ran the car to 5,200rpm.

Last edited by vision619; 01-14-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:44 PM
ActionJackson

Holy cow that's a ton of torque below the stock power curve

Last edited by ActionJackson; 11-11-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Nealoc187

Edited ... Here you go ... for all the non-believers. No one is lying. You are simply trying to make it look that way. Numers don't lie. Also if you notice Jim only ran the car to 5,200rpm.
I don't know if english is your second language or something, but I don't know how I can make this any more clear. So I will spell it out for you a 9th time in big capital letters:

THEY CLAIMED 600WHP AND 137MPH TRAP SPEEDS. THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE A 600WHP CAR ACCORDING TO THAT DYNO, AND THEY STILL DON'T HAVE 137MPH TRAP SPEEDS. THAT IS THE ONLY THING I HAVE SAID THIS ENTIRE THREAD.

THEY LIED ABOUT HAVING 600WHP CARS AND 137MPH TRAP SPEEDS 3 WEEKS AGO.

That dyno does NOT say 600whp, therefor they STILL don't have a 600whp car, and they still LIED about HAVING a 600whp car. Since when does 475whp come anywhere close to being able to claim 600whp?

Last edited by Nealoc187; 11-11-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:30 PM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not said anything in this entire thread because I just wanted to see the dyno. I don't know what to think after seeing that. The last time I saw curves like that was for a modified Duramax Turbo Diesel truck. That is an awful lot of torque at even 2000 rpm. It doesn't seem consistent with most graphs. I don't want to call BS because it is not my place to do so but it just doesn't look right.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Why are you guys being so hard on VRT?

An easy solution is to call up JWT and ask them if VRT has their TT kit installed on the cars they claim it's installed on.

If they really are the only shop in the USA with JWT TT kits for the 350Z, then I would bet that JWT will know what cars their kits are on.

I'm more concerned on the time frame release of the JWT TT kit, rather than whether or not VRT got the luxury of having some pre-release kits from JWT.

It wouldn't be too suprising if they are speaking the truth, some/most companies like to have a shop test their products.

BTW, when are you guys going to become a sponsor? So much free advertising you guys are getting.

Last edited by Brandon@Forged; 11-11-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:36 PM
vision619

Nevermind .... not worth all this time

Last edited by vision619; 11-11-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:38 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by Brandon@Forged

An easy solution is to call up JWT and ask them if VRT has their TT kit installed on the cars they claim it's installed on.

If they really are the only shop in the USA with JWT TT kits for the 350Z, then I would bet that JWT will know what cars their kits are on.

I'm more concerned on the time frame release of the JWT TT kit, rather than whether or not VRT got the luxury of having some pre-release kits from JWT.

It wouldn't be too suprising if they are speaking the truth, some/most companies like to have a shop test their products.
Brandon, MiaPlaya from these boards has already seen all 5 cars. That's been put to rest already.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by Brandon@Forged

I know they have some JWT TT kits. I called JWT about 3 weeks ago and asked them and Ben said "they have a couple kits."

I also asked ben about the timeframe for public release of the kit and he said they are currently in the process of getting CARB approval, and that it is going to be the first of the year at a minimum before the kit is ready for public purchase.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Nealoc187

Prove It

How do you know there's not a built 600 HP car? People asked for a dyno chart on the Prototype JWT kit, it was provided to give people an idea of what this kit is capable of.

How do I know there isn't one? Because they can't provide proof of one - that's how. When someone makes a claim the ownus is on THEM to prove their claim. They claimed 600whp and they claimed 137mph through the traps. They can't prove it, because neither number ever happened. If it had happened, they would have posted it already to shut all the naysayers up. Instead they just changed the info on their website and mysteriously the 600whp claim and the 137mph trap claim VANISHED...
Old 11-11-2005, 01:45 PM
vision619

How do I know there isn't one? Because they can't provide proof of one - that's how. When someone makes a claim the ownus is on THEM to prove their claim. They claimed 600whp and they claimed 137mph through the traps. They can't prove it, because neither number ever happened. If it had happened, they would have posted it already to shut all the naysayers up. Instead they just changed the info on their website and mysteriously the 600whp claim and the 137mph trap claim VANISHED...

Ok, you win.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:45 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Nevermind .... not worth all this time
It was on their friggen website..and now those claimes myseteriously disappeared...

That dyno you posted proves absolutely NOTHING...it doesn't show a car with over 500rwhp like VRT has claimed..and to be honest..it doesn't even look like a dyno of a boosted 350Z...especially with the peak torque numbers and the power starting to level off just after 5000rpms....

I will say it one more time...

VRT claimes to have multiple 500+whp cars...where are their dyno's for them?

Quick Reply: Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???