Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2005, 05:20 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
+100........Thank you; Wilric44 for your comment , Vision619 for your "attempt" at explaining and resolving issues and trying to defend VRT . Thank you sdboxer and USN HM 350Z for your patronage , and especially to ActionJackson, 350Z4jag, kjbalto, and Gary Evans for your un bias opinions and trying to shed some light on, and make sense out of all of this.

We will post a dyno sheet and some info as soon as we can, after JWT dyno's USN HM 350Z,s car later today (or tomorrow) hopefully.....Stay posted.....
One dyno isn't going to do it bud...in your sig you say that you have FOUR 500+rwhp cars. Prove it. Show us four different 500+rwhp dynos and we'll stop bothering you.

When you make a claim...be able to back it up. That's all we ask.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:25 AM
wilric44

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your Welcome WA2GOOD. Everyone here who has a proven reputation has accomplished that through hard work. No one has tried to satisfy anothers curiosity.

Now if I remember correctly the thread stated "Are there any VRT customers with the JWT kit." I hope this brings everything back on topic. Anything else should be placed in the discussion forum. There are some very professional people reading the threads on my350z.com, do not spoil the reputation of this site. Have respect for a reputable forum.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:30 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by kjbalto
Okay, I used to respect everybody's comments on this board but frankly, I can't believe what this is turning to here. I am very interested in the JWT kit and am eager to read as much info on it as I can. I am sick of reading these posts going back and forth like you guys are in the fourth grade. Come on, stop it here!!! VRT, do me a favor and stop responding to these idiots. You have nothing to prove. If I were you guys I would just get on Jim Wolf's *** to release the damn kit so it will prove itself. You have the kit on your cars and everybody knows that now. You proved that. I would say just post a dyno sheet and be done with it. I don't blame these guys for wanting to see a dyno sheet because that's how they're comparing all the kits on this board. By you saying that's not something you care about does make it look like your numbers aren't that impressive. I can't wait to see the dyno sheet from JWT today like you said you are getting. I hope this pissing contest stops here. I really can't believe all this tomfoolery. Don't pay for anybody to fly to Cali. If you want to pay for something, pay for my car to be taken out there and I'll pay for you to install the kit on my car! lol I'm in NY.

1. Jim Wolf has a dyno sheet posted on his website regarding performance of the kit.
2. Sport Z Magazine tested the kit in the 2005 summer issue along with 5 other turbo kits. Dyno testing was included in the article.

Between the two dyno's performed above (on the same type of dyno btw) you should have a good picture of how the kit performs without having to bring in a specific tuner into the issue. How the kit performs and how VRT handles installs & PR are two different issues. I am sure Jim Wolf knows how to tune his own kit thus anything any tuner does is not going to add bundles of hp when they tune it if it operates within safe limits.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:54 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Cool

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
One dyno isn't going to do it bud...in your sig you say that you have FOUR 500+rwhp cars. Prove it. Show us four different 500+rwhp dynos and we'll stop bothering you.

No problem, will do. (even though you are incorrect "again" about what my sig says) There is no claim that "I" have made, that I can not back up, just a matter of wasting my (better spent on our business and getting customers cars done) time, I still believe that even THEN, it will not be the end of your rants against VRT . No doubt, you will waste time, space, and energy on these forums and find something else to nit-pick about even after I post them

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 11-10-2005 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 06:50 AM
max2000jp

No problem, will do. (even though you are incorrect "again" about what my sig says) There is no claim that "I" have made, that I can not back up, just a matter of wasting my (better spent on our business and getting customers cars done) time, I still believe that even THEN, it will not be the end of your rants against VRT . No doubt, you will waste time, space, and energy on these forums and find something else to nit-pick about even after I post them
Maybe is it because you edited you sig? I checked your website and it makes a lot of claims that you simply cannot backup, such as "dominates racetracks", the BS about "for the money spent, VRT cars are untouchable", etc. etc. Sounds like another shop making unfounded claims trying to make a name for themselves. My car smokes Vettes and Porsches at HPDEs too.....I don't brag about beating inexperienced drivers though.

People are asking for simple dynos. A reputable shop should be able to post dyno numbers easily.
Old 11-10-2005, 07:11 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by zland
1. Jim Wolf has a dyno sheet posted on his website regarding performance of the kit.
2. Sport Z Magazine tested the kit in the 2005 summer issue along with 5 other turbo kits. Dyno testing was included in the article.

Between the two dyno's performed above (on the same type of dyno btw) you should have a good picture of how the kit performs without having to bring in a specific tuner into the issue. How the kit performs and how VRT handles installs & PR are two different issues. I am sure Jim Wolf knows how to tune his own kit thus anything any tuner does is not going to add bundles of hp when they tune it if it operates within safe limits.
Well said...
Old 11-10-2005, 07:26 AM
vision619

Who's "WE". Do you speak for the everyone on these boards?
Old 11-10-2005, 07:38 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by Gary Evans
What is a sensible post doing in this pissing contest thread? I’m going to have to agree that VRT should stick to building and not get into the travel business. Don’t waste your time and money trying to make everyone happy for it will accomplish nothing. The fact that Jim Wolf is doing business with VRT tells me more than anything I’m going to find in this thread.
+1 ...

I personally heard someone ask Mike from VRT last night "why don't you just post the dyno sheets". His response was "what for, they're just going to find something else to bash us for and I really don't have time for all of this. Just let it go, we have cars to concentrate on".

You know what he's right.

Oh yeah, one more thing. A pass on a $200,000 car is a pass whether it's sanctioned or SCCA, ... you can call it what you want. Those guys are driving their cars as fast as they possibly can on a racetrack. How is that not a race? And VRT never claimed to have a race car, only over and over again daily driven cars you can take to the track and dominate with which I have personally seen them do time and time again.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:11 AM
max2000jp

Originally Posted by vision619
Oh yeah, one more thing. A pass on a $200,000 car is a pass whether it's sanctioned or SCCA, ... you can call it what you want. Those guys are driving their cars as fast as they possibly can on a racetrack. How is that not a race? And VRT never claimed to have a race car, only over and over again daily driven cars you can take to the track and dominate with which I have personally seen them do time and time again.
Quit posting in this thread about racing. Your knowledge is apparently lacking. VRT's video clearly shows a HPDE that they are running in. Again, there is a difference btwn road racing and a HPDE. For all I know, VRT could be running in the novice class with a fully prepped Z Again, just because you have a 200K car, doesn't mean you know how to drive.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:19 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

December 10th is a dyno day that VRT can attend to make their dyno runs on an unbiased dyno that 20+ other G's and Z's will be on.Bring it! Shut the nay sayers up and if you have the baddest car their then SFR will pay for your run.Afterall, we built your first 510 WHP Z so if you decide to post that chart here it should be taken down since that was SFR built and not VRT built.

It would be nice to see what you have done since then.488 WHP on the dynojet the last time I was there and you guys were dynoing wasnt impressive..... considering you have a built motor,turbos,cams,etc.....and were running 14 psi when I just made 476 on the same dyno on a stock motor,heads,cams,everything else at 10.4 psi.I am 12 horsepower away from you with 4 psi less boost and another 10-12K in my pocket.Now you might see why your posts and your claims are not making people on the boards ooooh and ahhhhhh like you might have thought.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

and the award for the most useless thread on my350z is.........

if this ain't the winner, it's in the top 5

again, some of you guys have WAY too much time on your hands, and think about this stuff WAY too much - stop taking everything so seriously, enjoy your car and pay less attention to others
Old 11-10-2005, 08:32 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

For those of you wanting to look at a dyno spreadsheet on the Jim Wolf TT (as well as the GReddy, PE, SFR, Turbonetics, & APS kits), look at on page 8 of the fall 2005 issue of Sport Z magazine. We took the dyno charts (taking from the full article which is in the 2005 summer issue) and put them on a spread sheet and plotted hp/torque numbers starting at 2000 rpm at increments of 500rpms up to 6500rpm. This allows a reader to quickly see what a car dyno’ed at a specific rpm.

What impressed all 3 of the Sport Z Magazine testers with the JWT kit was how well it performed under the curve so to speak. A quick way of determining this is to look at the mean hp number. This simply means the car performed comparatively very well at all rpm levels, not just peak hp/tq numbers. The result is power you will feel when driving throughout the rpm spectrum, not just peak numbers felt in the higher rpm range that peak numbers indicate. In other words, be aware that reading peak numbers can be deceptive when considering overall performance.

The dyno was on a dynapack and testing was performed by Churches automotive (in the Wilmington area) who does a great job of keeping all variables constant. Testing procedures were agreed upon by all participants prior to testing and several of the kit makers were there during testing to observe. The JWT kit had a NIMO exhaust on it and JWT flywheel/clutch during this test. Here are the JWT numbers:

2000 rpm = 120/315 (hp/tq)
2500rpm = 175/362
3000rpm = 230/397
3500rpm = 292/430
4000rpm = 328/430
4500rpm = 370/430
5000rpm = 415/428
5500rpm = 428/390
6000rpm = 430/375
6500rpm = 430/345

Peak hp = 432.4 @ 6220rpm
Mean hp = 295.8
Peak tq = 435.1 @ 3376rpm
Mean tq = 390.2

Refer to the fall issue for all turbo kit numbers and the narrative on the kits.

I hope this help those seeking to find out performance levels of this kit. Since it is the only kit we tested that has not been released and some people are waiting for it, I feel it might be helpful to provide as much info as we have on it. Of course when it is released, other dyno’s will be posted from owners of the kit and more info is always a good thing. The bottom line is that on this day and this dyno, following agreed upon testing procedures, this is how the JWT kit performed.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Nealoc187

No doubt, you will waste time, space, and energy on these forums and find something else to nit-pick about even after I post them

Since when is it "nitpicking" to expose the crux of your argument as fraudulent? Your website claimed 600hp and 137mph traps, now mysteriously the 137mph trap claim has vanished from your website since people have questioned it, and the trap speed claim has miraculously gone down a full 10mph to 127mph with an ET of 11.4 as opposed to the previously claimed 11.2... yet still with no timeslip. That's not nitpicking, that's blasting your entire lie to smithereens. You don't have a car that went 11.2 @ 137mph like your website previously claimed. Simple as that. You lied, you were caught in the lie, and yet still refuse to respond to any posts about it or admit that fact.

I'm sure we'll just get another post about how this is all a "waste of your time" and all that jazz. Perhaps, but is it not also a waste of your time to make fraudulent claims about your products and services on the internet. It seems like it'd be more "worth your time" to prove the claims were not fraudulent and shut folks like me up. Instead you just dodge the post, because you lied and you can't provide said proof. The solution is simple. Prove to me you're not a liar.

Once you start lying about the products and services you provide, your credibility is shot.

You will gloss over this post as well. I suppose I've just "wasted my time" (a full 2 minutes) posting this. Ah well. C'est la Vie.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:01 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by zland
For those of you wanting to look at a dyno spreadsheet on the Jim Wolf TT (as well as the GReddy, PE, SFR, Turbonetics, & APS kits), look at on page 8 of the fall 2005 issue of Sport Z magazine. We took the dyno charts (taking from the full article which is in the 2005 summer issue) and put them on a spread sheet and plotted hp/torque numbers starting at 2000 rpm at increments of 500rpms up to 6500rpm. This allows a reader to quickly see what a car dyno’ed at a specific rpm.

What impressed all 3 of the Sport Z Magazine testers with the JWT kit was how well it performed under the curve so to speak. A quick way of determining this is to look at the mean hp number. This simply means the car performed comparatively very well at all rpm levels, not just peak hp/tq numbers. The result is power you will feel when driving throughout the rpm spectrum, not just peak numbers felt in the higher rpm range that peak numbers indicate. In other words, be aware that reading peak numbers can be deceptive when considering overall performance.

The dyno was on a dynapack and testing was performed by Churches automotive (in the Wilmington area) who does a great job of keeping all variables constant. Testing procedures were agreed upon by all participants prior to testing and several of the kit makers were there during testing to observe. The JWT kit had a NIMO exhaust on it and JWT flywheel/clutch during this test. Here are the JWT numbers:

2000 rpm = 120/315 (hp/tq)
2500rpm = 175/362
3000rpm = 230/397
3500rpm = 292/430
4000rpm = 328/430
4500rpm = 370/430
5000rpm = 415/428
5500rpm = 428/390
6000rpm = 430/375
6500rpm = 430/345

Peak hp = 432.4 @ 6220rpm
Mean hp = 295.8
Peak tq = 435.1 @ 3376rpm
Mean tq = 390.2

Refer to the fall issue for all turbo kit numbers and the narrative on the kits.

I hope this help those seeking to find out performance levels of this kit. Since it is the only kit we tested that has not been released and some people are waiting for it, I feel it might be helpful to provide as much info as we have on it. Of course when it is released, other dyno’s will be posted from owners of the kit and more info is always a good thing. The bottom line is that on this day and this dyno, following agreed upon testing procedures, this is how the JWT kit performed.

Edited post...its just not worth starting ANOTHER argument. Lets just say that Jim Wolf has been less then revealing when it comes to his kit and who has them.

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 11-10-2005 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:06 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by vision619
So when these drivers stick their arms out the window, wave...pull to the side of the track, and don't accelerate it's a pass??? Wow...I've been doing it wrong all this time.

You talk about taking street cars to a track and "dominating", I fail to see how you can "dominate" at an HPDE. You are obviously too stupid to realize that they don't allow RACING at HPDE's, Lapping days...etc. Now they do allow racing and real passing at sactioned racing events..which I'm pretty sure you need a license to race competitively, and when you show me some race results on SCCA's or another website where VRT "dominated" then I'll shut up.

You sir are a moron.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:07 AM
MIAPLAYA

So when these drivers stick their arms out the window, wave...pull to the side of the track, and don't accelerate it's a pass??? Wow...I've been doing it wrong all this time.

You talk about taking street cars to a track and "dominating", I fail to see how you can "dominate" at an HPDE. You are obviously too stupid to realize that they don't allow RACING at HPDE's, Lapping days...etc. Now they do allow racing and real passing at sactioned racing events..which I'm pretty sure you need a license to race competitively, and when you show me some race results on SCCA's or another website where VRT "dominated" then I'll shut up.

You sir are a moron.
So are you flying out here or what Briguy?
Old 11-10-2005, 11:11 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
again, some of you guys have WAY too much time on your hands, and think about this stuff WAY too much - stop taking everything so seriously, enjoy your car and pay less attention to others
I work 4-5 hours out of an 8 hour day at work, and I have nothing else to do while I'm here on break...so I will spend my time on here making sure that lying outfits like VRT don't get undeserved respect on these forums.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:12 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
So are you flying out here or what Briguy?
Mike hasn't gotten back to me...so I'm assuming I won't be coming out there, I let him know that I don't want to just "look" at their cars...I want to see what they can do on a dyno in person and on a dragstrip in person if I'm going to waste my time going out there.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:14 AM
MIAPLAYA

Mike hasn't gotten back to me...so I'm assuming I won't be coming out there, I let him know that I don't want to just "look" at their cars...I want to see what they can do on a dyno in person and on a dragstrip in person if I'm going to waste my time going out there.
Gotcha....
Old 11-10-2005, 11:20 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Gotcha....
You have a PM

Quick Reply: Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???