Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 03:13 PM
VRT
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BriGuyMax

Sorry I wasn't around to post immediately about you coming to an event in California. Do me a favor, go to our website and sign-up. Put in the comments you are BriGuyMax.
http://www.ViolentRacing.com

I will get your number and privately call you and arrange the time and place for you to fly to Cali and personally view our cars. No problems.

If you live in Chicago, we need some time to arrange the flight yet we will make something happen. NOTE: I am certainly not flying you to Cali for a vacation, yet to prove a point so don't think I will pay your hotel, rental car, etc. We will pay for a round trip flight.

IMPORTANT: I hate wasting good positive energy on BS, yet I believe this is worth my time since NO MATTER WHAT WE DO WE ARE STILL HATED FOR IT. MOST of You all doubted we had any satisfied customer cars or any JWT kits and we produced them. You doubt our cars are great performers, No problem let's go to the track, and you can strap on a helmet, and experience things yourself.

But let's please STOP ALL OF THIS MUDSLINGING. It is a waist of time and Energy.

Michael
Old 11-09-2005, 03:22 PM
tinman

I know this discussion bored and most of you are very "into" dyno numbers. The fact of the matter is, we at VRT DO NOT want to, nor need to try to make BIG 600+ hp numbers, it is not our goal and objective at all. I understand people being impressed by big dyno numbers, after all it is kinda cool, and a true measure of horse power. But that is not at all our goal at VRT. I am more than sure that we can make some very high hp (5 second) dyno runs, if that was our goal. IMO, JMO, the dyno isn't the Holly Grail (say all do all) of performance, just a tool for measuring and tuning one particular aspect of a cars overall performance. I for one (IMHO) think it is more important and much more impressive to be able to take a given car (on gas bought at the corner convenience store) to a dyno and run some respectable numbers (400-550 to the wheels), then DRIVE that (without touching it at all) same car a few hundred miles to a (real) road racing track day, and again run some VERY respectable and impressive lap times, then (following the theme of NOT touching or tuning the car) use that same sports luxury car (G), or sports car (Z) for your daily commute to work, running errands, etc.

That IMO, is a WELL rounded car, and THAT is what our goal and objective is at VRT!
Well Mr Scott..may i say something here?
you are right about us here "into" dyno numbers.as long as i can remember,folks here on this board and others boards are using dyno numbers and 1/4 run to gage the car's performance.
ii's ok if VRT not into it,i totally respect your company's goal but look like you are in the wrong place here.
for your infomation,all cars here are for daily driving cars.yes believe it or not we actually drive these cars.there are none that built just for drag race or dyno runs only.if there is,you can bet it north of 1000.
they also has wheels,brakes,suspension,body kit,sound system ect...but instead of doing autocross like you,they take it to 1/4 mile run or dyno run it sometimes.
and yes i'm sure you guys can handle 5sec dyno.eventhough it's not your goal but the sake of your company,will you do it? please be sure that this is not a challenge.believe me,i wouldn't want to go up against your supercar fleet.especially that "Stillen Stage 5" LOL.this is an friendly invitation or simply "show us what you got".
oh one more thing..please do not say "Dyno Queens" i feel offended by that word and i'm speaking for anyone here on the '400' '500' and '600' clubs.
hope to see all of you on 12/10
your friendly member.
Old 11-09-2005, 03:57 PM
VRT
Banned

Default Attention.......FYI...........

Attention-----We, at VRT will have a car dynoed at Jim Wolf Technology by Jim Wolf himself tomorrow.

Stay posted

Thank you,

Scott @ VRT
Old 11-09-2005, 04:27 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Well I've seen the JWT kit before. The kit performs that a fact. They run a fuel set up like Vortech. An FMU and bigger fuel pump that kicks up the fuel pressure under boost but uses stock injectors. This is for CARB of course but not the way I would like a fuel system. However on their built motors they said they had bigger injectors but I didn't find out what size they were. Most of what you can see is piping on the JWT kit. Not like the APS or Greddy either. Theres MORE piping in the engine bay running across the radiator up innto the throttle body up from the turbo...just a LOT of piping. Some like that, others dont. Its up to you I guess. Other then that I can't speak to performance of the cars. I did not see any dyno charts, track slips, transponder times or anything like that. VRT told me the three built motor cars put down 505-510 on pump gas daily and the stock motor cars are making about 430 to the wheels on pump gas. I don't know what kind of boost that is at and again I didn't see the dyno sheets but thats what they told me. I will be on the track with them at the same time next Wed for MPG and I can get lap times there I guess. Also there is the dyno day on Dec 10 which I hope they attend and I can get numbers from that. I didn't go for a ride in any of the cars and there were no races to gauge performance other then some chirping of tires out of the parking lot. Keep in mind I am not knocking anyone here this is what I saw with my own eyes last night.
Miaplaya participated in the Sport Z Magazine turbo article (thanks again by the way) with his Turbonetics kit. The JWT was there at the same time being tested thus he has seen this kit and seen it dyno'ed before as well.

Unfortunately this entire thread is focused on the tuners claims and not on the JWT kit itself which I think most of you would rather learn more about. Hopefully the kit will be released soon and there will be more discussion on the kit by owners with numerious dyno's from numerious installers etc.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:36 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by zland
Miaplaya participated in the Sport Z Magazine turbo article (thanks again by the way) with his Turbonetics kit. The JWT was there at the same time being tested thus he has seen this kit and seen it dyno'ed before as well.

Unfortunately this entire thread is focused on the tuners claims and not on the JWT kit itself which I think most of you would rather learn more about. Hopefully the kit will be released soon and there will be more discussion on the kit by owners with numerious dyno's from numerious installers etc.
I enjoyed the oppurtunity to participate in the test. I also look forward to seeing some numbers on this kit "out of box" from other sources.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:04 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VRT
BriGuyMax

Sorry I wasn't around to post immediately about you coming to an event in California. Do me a favor, go to our website and sign-up. Put in the comments you are BriGuyMax.
http://www.ViolentRacing.com

I will get your number and privately call you and arrange the time and place for you to fly to Cali and personally view our cars. No problems.

If you live in Chicago, we need some time to arrange the flight yet we will make something happen. NOTE: I am certainly not flying you to Cali for a vacation, yet to prove a point so don't think I will pay your hotel, rental car, etc. We will pay for a round trip flight.

IMPORTANT: I hate wasting good positive energy on BS, yet I believe this is worth my time since NO MATTER WHAT WE DO WE ARE STILL HATED FOR IT. MOST of You all doubted we had any satisfied customer cars or any JWT kits and we produced them. You doubt our cars are great performers, No problem let's go to the track, and you can strap on a helmet, and experience things yourself.

But let's please STOP ALL OF THIS MUDSLINGING. It is a waist of time and Energy.

Michael
You have a PM...
Old 11-09-2005, 05:07 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I enjoyed the oppurtunity to participate in the test. I also look forward to seeing some numbers on this kit "out of box" from other sources.
I agree 100%. A lot of things happen during dynoing even when good testing procedures are followed. Once a number of dyno's are posted from various sources, a more accurate picture will be available.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:19 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by zland
A lot of things happen during dynoing even when good testing procedures are followed.
I couldn't agree more...
Old 11-09-2005, 05:45 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by VRT
Attention-----We, at VRT will have a car dynoed at Jim Wolf Technology by Jim Wolf himself tomorrow.

Stay posted

Thank you,

Scott @ VRT
Bump......
Old 11-09-2005, 06:46 PM
vision619

You know what you guys. You guys are in to Dyno's and 1/4 miles and VRT is into Road Racing. It's Apples and Oranges man. Different builds. You guys need to just agree to disagree, get it over with and start talking about making these cars better in all aspects.

Just look at the video and watch carefully at the very end and listen to what they are saying. WATCH THE VIDEO!!! It's all there if you pay attention!! All the Dyno stuff your looking for.

Pay special attention to the very end of the video.

Watch It Here

Last edited by vision619; 11-09-2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:05 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by vision619
You know what you guys. You guys are in to Dyno's and 1/4 miles and VRT is into Road Racing. It's Apples and Oranges man. Different builds. You guys need to just agree to disagree, get it over with and start talking about making these cars better in all aspects.

Just look at the video and watch carefully at the very end and listen to what they are saying. WATCH THE VIDEO!!! It's all there if you pay attention!! All the Dyno stuff your looking for.

Pay special attention to the very end of the video.

Watch It Here
NEWS FLASH....THIS is the FORCED INDUCTION FORUM...WE COULD GIVE A RATS @SS ABOUT ROAD RACING. Make it go like stink and you sell stuff...

Secondly...if VRT is so "INTO ROAD RACING" then why don't they have a car in competition. They like lapping days...but lapping days are HARDLY "road racing".

Furthermore...it's really hard to guage performance on a road course...since 85% of it is driver.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:04 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
NEWS FLASH....THIS is the FORCED INDUCTION FORUM...WE COULD GIVE A RATS @SS ABOUT ROAD RACING. Make it go like stink and you sell stuff...

Secondly...if VRT is so "INTO ROAD RACING" then why don't they have a car in competition. They like lapping days...but lapping days are HARDLY "road racing".

Furthermore...it's really hard to guage performance on a road course...since 85% of it is driver.
Isn't forced induction used in road racing dumb a$$ among many other forms of racing?

Secondly, what the hell is a lapping day? We go out and race against $$$ 996 Twin Turbo Porsche’s, Ferrari's, NSX's, M3's, Lambo's and the list just goes on. And these cars are all mostly built and "TOWED" to the track. Let me give you an example. The last event we were at, Car & Driver was testing the 06' Corvette Z06 (which might I add is a bad a$$ car) for their review in the magazine. PS ... Watch out for that thing. It's a f'ing monster.

Furthermore, as you have said, since VRT is all a bunch of liars and losers I can only assume you think they can't drive either. So what makes you think the guy in the Supercharged NSX that gets his car lowered from a 16 wheeling SEMI's Elevator that it's been towed in, is a ****ty'er driver than one of the VRT guys. YET ... that car got BEAT DOWN just like all the others.

Just show up to a track day. Then after that, I will respect your opinion. Until then your just a scab starting trouble on these boards. You talk, VRT delivers. There’s nothing more to say. So keep posting your dribble until your bedtime. Maybe someone else will acknowledge your vast superiority in the world of Nissan performance. You bore me, but your fun to volley with so keep em' comin!
Old 11-09-2005, 08:10 PM
wilric44

Aaaaamen, Aaaaamen Aaaamen, Let Me Hear You Aaaaamen
Old 11-09-2005, 08:17 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Isn't forced induction used in road racing dumb a$$ among many other forms of racing?

Secondly, what the hell is a lapping day? We go out and race against $$$ 996 Twin Turbo Porsche’s, Ferrari's, NSX's, M3's, Lambo's and the list just goes on. And these cars are all mostly built and "TOWED" to the track. Let me give you an example. The last event we were at, Car & Driver was testing the 06' Corvette Z06 (which might I add is a bad a$$ car) for their review in the magazine. PS ... Watch out for that thing. It's a f'ing monster.

Furthermore, as you have said, since VRT is all a bunch of liars and losers I can only assume you think they can't drive either. So what makes you think the guy in the Supercharged NSX that gets his car lowered from a 16 wheeling SEMI's Elevator that it's been towed in, is a ****ty'er driver than one of the VRT guys. YET ... that car got BEAT DOWN just like all the others.

Just show up to a track day. Then after that, I will respect your opinion. Until then your just a scab starting trouble on these boards. You talk, VRT delivers. There’s nothing more to say. So keep posting your dribble until your bedtime. Maybe someone else will acknowledge your vast superiority in the world of Nissan performance. You bore me, but your fun to volley with so keep em' comin!
Let me shed a little light on a LAPPING DAY vs. a ROAD RACE. Drivers don't WAVE other drivers by during "real" road racing. All I saw in the VRT video was drivers WAVING VRT cars by on the straights. I didn't see any actual RACING taking place. Furthermore...if the NSX in the video was the "supercharged" one that you are referring to...my GRANDMOTHER could take a better line.

Show me VRT's car that they use in real competition...since you say they do. Do they race with SCCA?? Do you even know what SCCA is? And if they did want to actually COMPETE in real road racing..they sure as hell wouldn't be using street cars with full interiors and big @ss rims.

I myself have been to plenty of track days, in my car and on my motorcycle. But I don't have to prove anything in this thread. The burden of proof is all on VRT. So far they've skirted every IMPORTANT question and comment.

Do they pay you to sit on here and call me names like a 10 year old?

Last edited by BriGuyMax; 11-09-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:39 PM
max2000jp

You don't understand what the difference between road racing and HPDEs/Open Track days. Road racing is timed and usually santioned by an organization like NASA or SCCA. Is VRT's car gutted and caged? If not, it's nothing special. How about this, you guys are giving Brian a hard time, bring your "Race Car" Z to Chicago and I'll have a handful of cars to run you. I've got a lowly 95 Mustang that would love to run you. It's even got a low tech Holley carb on it. I can also arrange for some real race cars to run you. Cars with cages, fuel cells, fire systems....I am babling, I am sure VRT's car has all of that and then some. And because you guys are such great drivers and your car is capable, my friend whom holds a SCCA comp license and won national competitions will be driving.

Last edited by max2000jp; 11-09-2005 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:08 PM
Nealoc187

You talk, VRT delivers
LOL that is the most ironic statement I've heard in quite a while, being as the folks at VRT are the ones who made claims which they have YET to be able to support with any sort of evidence. So who talks again? And who delivers?

Also, notice my post about providing proof of their fake numbers was once again passed directly over, just as I predicted it would be... any requests for proof of their claims go entirely without response.

I don't need to go into the "road racing" claims because that too has been disproven. They do lapping days and HPDEs, they don't "road race".
Old 11-09-2005, 11:53 PM
G352NV

Oh boy this again.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:01 AM
kjbalto

Okay, I used to respect everybody's comments on this board but frankly, I can't believe what this is turning to here. I am very interested in the JWT kit and am eager to read as much info on it as I can. I am sick of reading these posts going back and forth like you guys are in the fourth grade. Come on, stop it here!!! VRT, do me a favor and stop responding to these idiots. You have nothing to prove. If I were you guys I would just get on Jim Wolf's *** to release the damn kit so it will prove itself. You have the kit on your cars and everybody knows that now. You proved that. I would say just post a dyno sheet and be done with it. I don't blame these guys for wanting to see a dyno sheet because that's how they're comparing all the kits on this board. By you saying that's not something you care about does make it look like your numbers aren't that impressive. I can't wait to see the dyno sheet from JWT today like you said you are getting. I hope this pissing contest stops here. I really can't believe all this tomfoolery. Don't pay for anybody to fly to Cali. If you want to pay for something, pay for my car to be taken out there and I'll pay for you to install the kit on my car! lol I'm in NY.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:45 AM
Gary Evans

Originally Posted by kjbalto
Okay, I used to respect everybody's comments on this board but frankly, I can't believe what this is turning to here. I am very interested in the JWT kit and am eager to read as much info on it as I can. I am sick of reading these posts going back and forth like you guys are in the fourth grade. Come on, stop it here!!! VRT, do me a favor and stop responding to these idiots. You have nothing to prove. If I were you guys I would just get on Jim Wolf's *** to release the damn kit so it will prove itself. You have the kit on your cars and everybody knows that now. You proved that. I would say just post a dyno sheet and be done with it. I don't blame these guys for wanting to see a dyno sheet because that's how they're comparing all the kits on this board. By you saying that's not something you care about does make it look like your numbers aren't that impressive. I can't wait to see the dyno sheet from JWT today like you said you are getting. I hope this pissing contest stops here. I really can't believe all this tomfoolery. Don't pay for anybody to fly to Cali. If you want to pay for something, pay for my car to be taken out there and I'll pay for you to install the kit on my car! lol I'm in NY.
What is a sensible post doing in this pissing contest thread? I’m going to have to agree that VRT should stick to building and not get into the travel business. Don’t waste your time and money trying to make everyone happy for it will accomplish nothing. The fact that Jim Wolf is doing business with VRT tells me more than anything I’m going to find in this thread.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:03 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Gary Evans
What is a sensible post doing in this pissing contest thread? I’m going to have to agree that VRT should stick to building and not get into the travel business. Don’t waste your time and money trying to make everyone happy for it will accomplish nothing. The fact that Jim Wolf is doing business with VRT tells me more than anything I’m going to find in this thread.
+100........Thank you; Wilric44 for your comment , Vision619 for your "attempt" at explaining and resolving issues and trying to defend VRT . Thank you sdboxer and USN HM 350Z for your patronage , and especially to ActionJackson, 350Z4jag, kjbalto, and Gary Evans for your un bias opinions and trying to shed some light on, and make sense out of all of this.

We will post a dyno sheet and some info as soon as we can, after JWT dyno's USN HM 350Z,s car later today (or tomorrow) hopefully.....Stay posted.....

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 11-10-2005 at 05:06 AM.

Quick Reply: Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???