Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 10:50 AM
max2000jp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vision619
On another note, Dyno sheets from VRT are on the way. They are literally on the way to the Dyno Shop as we speak so hopefully we can get back on topic soon. However I know what numbers this car produces and I'm telling you, It's impressive. No BS.
That's all everyone was asking, simple dynos and timeslips. Is that too much to ask of a reputable performance shop? AMS posts videos of their 1/4 mile runs and dynoes straight on their website to backup their claims. VRT still makes a lot of bogus claims when it comes to what their cars can do. First, lets see the dynos and timeslips and we can go from there.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:55 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by max2000jp
That's all everyone was asking, simple dynos and timeslips. Is that too much to ask of a reputable performance shop? AMS posts videos of their 1/4 mile runs and dynoes straight on their website to backup their claims. VRT still makes a lot of bogus claims when it comes to what their cars can do. First, lets see the dynos and timeslips and we can go from there.
Ok, I just said dyno sheets are on the way ... and let's clear this up.

VRT does not build drag cars
These cars are not set up in any way shape or form to get an accurate slip on what they are capable of in a drag enviornment. Any number produced from a 1/4 mile run would be well below what the car is actually capable of producing. Does that not make sense?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:58 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
I think he asked about pics and vids showing your power production under the impression you had a JWT kit installed by VRT. Not just because he wanted to see your car.
Hmm. Maybe. Oh well. My bad.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:02 AM
max2000jp

These cars are not set up in any way shape or form to get an accurate slip on what they are capable of in a drag enviornment. Any number produced from a 1/4 mile run would be well below what the car is actually capable of producing. Does that not make sense?
I honestly don't think that VRT knows much about building cars in general, but that's my opinion. The Z was never built as a "drag car", so therefore VRT's excuse is BS. Put some Mickey Thompson ET streets on the car and take it to the track. Again, 350Z's are built for handling and if you look on this forum's drag racing section you will see they do pretty well in 1/4 racing. Also, what good is power if you can't put it down to the ground. Seems like they need to go to the drawing board and find a traction solution.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Nealoc187

It makes perfect sense, but the issue is that VRT claimed certain 1/4 mile numbers which were obviously fake, and claimed certain dyno numbers which were also obviously fake. They hadn't produced these numbers that they made claims to, which means they were lying. That is the point I've been trying to get across. They lied.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:03 AM
Gman2004

Ok you lost me on that one. Why would their set up produce lower times on the drag strip? If the car has the power then nothing else should matter. There are cars on this board with a basic TT set up and no other mods other than wheels and tires are that getting really good times. If VRT is building cars from the motor to the suspension then they should be getting the same track times if not better.

I think I will put on my hard hat now, cause the BS is really starting to fly in here.

Last edited by Gman2004; 11-11-2005 at 11:08 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:06 AM
Nealoc187

. double post
Old 11-11-2005, 11:29 AM
nissansource

Wow that was some great reading for when your bored at work. Glad to see the forums are still bashing a company for trying.
Old 11-11-2005, 11:34 AM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by nissansource
Wow that was some great reading for when your bored at work. Glad to see the forums are still bashing a company for lying.
I fixed your post for you.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:28 PM
vision619

It makes perfect sense, but the issue is that VRT claimed certain 1/4 mile numbers which were obviously fake, and claimed certain dyno numbers which were also obviously fake. They hadn't produced these numbers that they made claims to, which means they were lying. That is the point I've been trying to get across. They lied.
Edited ... Here you go ... for all the non-believers. No one is lying. You are simply trying to make it look that way. Numers don't lie. Also if you notice Jim only ran the car to 5,200rpm.

Last edited by vision619; 01-14-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:44 PM
ActionJackson

Holy cow that's a ton of torque below the stock power curve

Last edited by ActionJackson; 11-11-2005 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Nealoc187

Edited ... Here you go ... for all the non-believers. No one is lying. You are simply trying to make it look that way. Numers don't lie. Also if you notice Jim only ran the car to 5,200rpm.
I don't know if english is your second language or something, but I don't know how I can make this any more clear. So I will spell it out for you a 9th time in big capital letters:

THEY CLAIMED 600WHP AND 137MPH TRAP SPEEDS. THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE A 600WHP CAR ACCORDING TO THAT DYNO, AND THEY STILL DON'T HAVE 137MPH TRAP SPEEDS. THAT IS THE ONLY THING I HAVE SAID THIS ENTIRE THREAD.

THEY LIED ABOUT HAVING 600WHP CARS AND 137MPH TRAP SPEEDS 3 WEEKS AGO.

That dyno does NOT say 600whp, therefor they STILL don't have a 600whp car, and they still LIED about HAVING a 600whp car. Since when does 475whp come anywhere close to being able to claim 600whp?

Last edited by Nealoc187; 11-11-2005 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:30 PM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not said anything in this entire thread because I just wanted to see the dyno. I don't know what to think after seeing that. The last time I saw curves like that was for a modified Duramax Turbo Diesel truck. That is an awful lot of torque at even 2000 rpm. It doesn't seem consistent with most graphs. I don't want to call BS because it is not my place to do so but it just doesn't look right.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:34 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Why are you guys being so hard on VRT?

An easy solution is to call up JWT and ask them if VRT has their TT kit installed on the cars they claim it's installed on.

If they really are the only shop in the USA with JWT TT kits for the 350Z, then I would bet that JWT will know what cars their kits are on.

I'm more concerned on the time frame release of the JWT TT kit, rather than whether or not VRT got the luxury of having some pre-release kits from JWT.

It wouldn't be too suprising if they are speaking the truth, some/most companies like to have a shop test their products.

BTW, when are you guys going to become a sponsor? So much free advertising you guys are getting.

Last edited by Brandon@Forged; 11-11-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:36 PM
vision619

Nevermind .... not worth all this time

Last edited by vision619; 11-11-2005 at 01:41 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:38 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by Brandon@Forged

An easy solution is to call up JWT and ask them if VRT has their TT kit installed on the cars they claim it's installed on.

If they really are the only shop in the USA with JWT TT kits for the 350Z, then I would bet that JWT will know what cars their kits are on.

I'm more concerned on the time frame release of the JWT TT kit, rather than whether or not VRT got the luxury of having some pre-release kits from JWT.

It wouldn't be too suprising if they are speaking the truth, some/most companies like to have a shop test their products.
Brandon, MiaPlaya from these boards has already seen all 5 cars. That's been put to rest already.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by Brandon@Forged

I know they have some JWT TT kits. I called JWT about 3 weeks ago and asked them and Ben said "they have a couple kits."

I also asked ben about the timeframe for public release of the kit and he said they are currently in the process of getting CARB approval, and that it is going to be the first of the year at a minimum before the kit is ready for public purchase.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Nealoc187

Prove It

How do you know there's not a built 600 HP car? People asked for a dyno chart on the Prototype JWT kit, it was provided to give people an idea of what this kit is capable of.

How do I know there isn't one? Because they can't provide proof of one - that's how. When someone makes a claim the ownus is on THEM to prove their claim. They claimed 600whp and they claimed 137mph through the traps. They can't prove it, because neither number ever happened. If it had happened, they would have posted it already to shut all the naysayers up. Instead they just changed the info on their website and mysteriously the 600whp claim and the 137mph trap claim VANISHED...
Old 11-11-2005, 01:45 PM
vision619

How do I know there isn't one? Because they can't provide proof of one - that's how. When someone makes a claim the ownus is on THEM to prove their claim. They claimed 600whp and they claimed 137mph through the traps. They can't prove it, because neither number ever happened. If it had happened, they would have posted it already to shut all the naysayers up. Instead they just changed the info on their website and mysteriously the 600whp claim and the 137mph trap claim VANISHED...

Ok, you win.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:45 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Nevermind .... not worth all this time
It was on their friggen website..and now those claimes myseteriously disappeared...

That dyno you posted proves absolutely NOTHING...it doesn't show a car with over 500rwhp like VRT has claimed..and to be honest..it doesn't even look like a dyno of a boosted 350Z...especially with the peak torque numbers and the power starting to level off just after 5000rpms....

I will say it one more time...

VRT claimes to have multiple 500+whp cars...where are their dyno's for them?
Old 11-11-2005, 02:00 PM
350Z4JAG

***Unsubscribing

Peace!
???? What happened to this post?? Why let yourself be pulled back into this useless cr@p!!???
Old 11-11-2005, 02:06 PM
nissansource

Man oh man i think its a game of how in the world did vrt get this kit b4 anyone else and being jelouse. and damn who cares about the hp claims you guys are being Very very harsh they already proved alot of what you needed right??? so fine they fibbed on the hp and OVER exagerated maybe? who cares simply be happy another company is working on the awsome Z car.

PS. i know im mad that clark or jim didnt give me access to the kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:25 PM
350Z4JAG

Man oh man i think its a game of how in the world did vrt get this kit b4 anyone else and being jelouse. and damn who cares about the hp claims you guys are being Very very harsh they already proved alot of what you needed right??? so fine they fibbed on the hp and OVER exagerated maybe? who cares simply be happy another company is working on the awsome Z car.

PS. i know im mad that clark or jim didnt give me access to the kit!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1
I think the main problem is everyone bashing that the mystical grail of TT kits(JWT) are out there and only a rare few have the info from them that is on everyones mind. Yes it looks like a couple of the phrases and words used by VRT where a bit cocky and tends to lead to attempts to tear down whatever good they have achieved. Everyone should step back and be a little more constuctive with the posts and try to get more info on what the kit takes to install, A/F readings, modifications with plumbing etc... Dyno numbers from anyone are great don't get me wrong. They just don't prove the reliabilty and strength of a kit in the long run. My 2 cents are spent....
Old 11-11-2005, 02:38 PM
max2000jp

Originally Posted by 350Z4JAG
+1
Everyone should step back and be a little more constuctive with the posts and try to get more info on what the kit takes to install, A/F readings, modifications with plumbing etc... Dyno numbers from anyone are great don't get me wrong. They just don't prove the reliabilty and strength of a kit in the long run. My 2 cents are spent....
Calling JWT would be your best bet for that kind of information
Old 11-11-2005, 02:59 PM
Nealoc187

It has nothing to do with jealousy... I don't even own a 350Z. So jealousy over VRT having a JWT TT kit is a non-issue for me.

Personally it seems like this thread is winding down. It was a heated debate for a little while and I think it's been sufficiently proven that VRT was lying about what sort of numbers they had achieved with the JWT kits. There was no 600whp JWT TT kit installed or in the posession of VRT, there were no trap speeds anywhere NEAR 137mph that VRT had anything to do with. The fact that they recently deleted both of those fraudulent claims off their website is evidence enough of that.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:06 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by 350Z4JAG
+1
I think the main problem is everyone bashing that the mystical grail of TT kits(JWT) are out there and only a rare few have the info from them that is on everyones mind. Yes it looks like a couple of the phrases and words used by VRT where a bit cocky and tends to lead to attempts to tear down whatever good they have achieved. Everyone should step back and be a little more constuctive with the posts and try to get more info on what the kit takes to install, A/F readings, modifications with plumbing etc... Dyno numbers from anyone are great don't get me wrong. They just don't prove the reliabilty and strength of a kit in the long run. My 2 cents are spent....
Kindly notice that the people bashing VRT either don't own 350Zs...or already have TURBO Z's that make as much or more power than VRTs cars...

So who's jealous?
Old 11-11-2005, 04:49 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Talking F Y I

I don't know if english is your second language or something, but I don't know how I can make this any more clear. So I will spell it out for you a 9th time in big capital letters:

THEY CLAIMED 600WHP AND 137MPH TRAP SPEEDS. THEY STILL DO NOT HAVE A 600WHP CAR ACCORDING TO THAT DYNO, AND THEY STILL DON'T HAVE 137MPH TRAP SPEEDS. THAT IS THE ONLY THING I HAVE SAID THIS ENTIRE THREAD.

THEY LIED ABOUT HAVING 600WHP CARS AND 137MPH TRAP SPEEDS 3 WEEKS AGO.

That dyno does NOT say 600whp, therefor they STILL don't have a 600whp car, and they still LIED about HAVING a 600whp car. Since when does 475whp come anywhere close to being able to claim 600whp?
If you are going to quote facts at least get them straight......We NEVER claimed 600 WHEEL horse power from one of our cars. Only close to 600HP or aka, 600 BHP, horse power at the crank. NEVER 600 Whp! Only 500 WHP which we have done a couple times.

AND BTW, this latest car we dynoed still has the "very restrictive" stock cats in it, and it was the first dyno session ever on this car.......Do to the lack of miles on this BRAND NEW VRT built motor, we, meaning Jim W., Clark, US (VRT), and the owner (John), opted to only run it conservatively and at only 5k'ish RPM..........as for monster horsepower numbers, remember these are only GT28 turbochargers....IMO it's torque numbers speak for them selves. They are as real as the car itself, just ask jim wolf who dynoed it.

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 11-11-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:17 PM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
If you are going to quote facts at least get them straight......We NEVER claimed 600 WHEEL horse power from one of our cars. Only close to 600HP or aka, 600 BHP, horse power at the crank. NEVER 600 Whp! Only 500 WHP which we have done a couple times.
OK - I swear I saw whp on the website but being as it's not on there any more I'll take your word for it, perhaps I just figured it was WHP because WHP is the language tuners speak in. In that case I understand the claim a little better then, though I'm not sure how you arrived at that # other than just multiplying by drivetrain loss which does a couple things. 1) gives a rough estimate of how much hp a car puts out at the crank and 2) is pretty misleading IMHO when 99.9999% of the tuning world uses WHP as the standard measure of how much power a car puts out. Thank you for clearing point up though.

About the multiple 500+whp dynos. Why not post any of those up? I believe those are BriGuyMax's main issue. I'm sure if you could you'd like the opportunity to prove his assumptions to be off base. So why is the only dyno plot we've seen posted in this entire flamefest of a thread one that still doesn't live up to the claims of the company (475ish whp vs the multiple cars at 500+ that you folks have?)

The 11.2 @ 137mph issue has still never been reconciled by anyone associated with VRT however, and is still a glaring misrepresentation of what any of the cars built by VRT are capable of. Infact the point has never even been refuted or argued by anyone associated with VRT, it has been totally ignored in all of my posts, and in everyone else's posts. So are we to assume this was a flat out lie, since you don't even bother to defend it now? One might even wonder where you folks came up with the 11.4 @ 127mph number - since as you mentioned before, you folks are so vehemently opposed to drag racing...

Then there's the issue of the claims of "road racing" vs just going out for some HDPE's and being waved by by slower drivers at Willow...

Still some questions I haven't seen answers to.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:40 PM
nissansource

OK if not 600 the kit has EVERY potential to run at that HP cmon look how much boost it has and its barely pushing those turbos. this kit is a great kit and everyone knows it will hit that hp mark very very easy so if they havnt done it by now it will be done look how damn close it is and its not even pushing 15psi yet!@!@!@! it will hit that mark on upper level hp cars
Old 11-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Nealoc187

No one ever said it doesn't have the potential to flow 600hp. Every turbo and twin turbo kit out there for the 350z could flow 600hp for the most part.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:56 PM
COJ_General

After catching up with everything...VRT had NEVER claimed 600whp! Yes they did claim 500whp but never 600whp. And let me tell you, alot of you guys bashing VRT will never let anything go!!!!! Man, first it was "NO WAY THEY HAVE JWT KITS" and they have them! Next it was "NO, JWT SAYS THEY HAVE 2, NOT 5"...and they proved that last week! Now they provide a dyno sheet and of course, its BS! out of the people who live in SD and giving VRT crap, why don't you just go to their shop and see for yourself....stop your complaining.....as for Briguymax, STFU! as you can see from the title - Any VRT customers with the JWT kit??? its not: Briguymax being a little Biatch! Dude if you don't want to contribute good and valid info, stop posting here....everyone obviously knows your feelings towards VRT, and i for one am sick and tired of your crying and wanting more and more and more proof! They've already done a lot and there is no need for a perfectly good thread to be thrown down the drain because of a jack@$$ like yourself! Good day!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:58 PM
nissansource

[QUOTE=COJ_General]After catching up with everything...VRT had NEVER claimed 600whp! Yes they did claim 500whp but never 600whp. And let me tell you, alot of you guys bashing VRT will never let anything go!!!!! Man, first it was "NO WAY THEY HAVE JWT KITS" and they have them! Next it was "NO, JWT SAYS THEY HAVE 2, NOT 5"...and they proved that last week! Now they provide a dyno sheet and of course, its BS! out of the people who live in SD and giving VRT crap, why don't you just go to their shop and see for yourself....stop your complaining.....as for Briguymax, STFU! as you can see from the title - Any VRT customers with the JWT kit??? its not: Briguymax being a little Biatch! Dude if you don't want to contribute good and valid info, stop posting here....everyone obviously knows your feelings towards VRT, and i for one am sick and tired of your crying and wanting more and more and more proof! They've already done a lot and there is no need for a perfectly good thread to be thrown down the drain because of a jack@$$ like yourself! Good day! [/QUO

well said
Old 11-11-2005, 07:17 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by COJ_General
After catching up with everything...VRT had NEVER claimed 600whp! Yes they did claim 500whp but never 600whp. And let me tell you, alot of you guys bashing VRT will never let anything go!!!!! Man, first it was "NO WAY THEY HAVE JWT KITS" and they have them! Next it was "NO, JWT SAYS THEY HAVE 2, NOT 5"...and they proved that last week! Now they provide a dyno sheet and of course, its BS! out of the people who live in SD and giving VRT crap, why don't you just go to their shop and see for yourself....stop your complaining.....as for Briguymax, STFU! as you can see from the title - Any VRT customers with the JWT kit??? its not: Briguymax being a little Biatch! Dude if you don't want to contribute good and valid info, stop posting here....everyone obviously knows your feelings towards VRT, and i for one am sick and tired of your crying and wanting more and more and more proof! They've already done a lot and there is no need for a perfectly good thread to be thrown down the drain because of a jack@$$ like yourself! Good day!
"Good day!" means you're leaving...right?
Old 11-11-2005, 07:26 PM
ActionJackson

No it means your *** should go troll oh and don't let the door hit you on your behind on the way out.

Last edited by ActionJackson; 11-11-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:31 PM
ActionJackson

OK if not 600 the kit has EVERY potential to run at that HP cmon look how much boost it has and its barely pushing those turbos. this kit is a great kit and everyone knows it will hit that hp mark very very easy so if they havnt done it by now it will be done look how damn close it is and its not even pushing 15psi yet!@!@!@! it will hit that mark on upper level hp cars
Back to the topic, if it is true that the dyno was cut around 5200 rpm then those are impressive numbers indeed. I would like to see the dyno numbers when you guys go out to SFR's dyno event next month on a broken in car.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:53 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
No it means your *** should go troll oh and don't let the door hit you on your behind on the way out.

I don't understand run on sentences. You're going to have to break it down a little better for me.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:35 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I have got a suggestion that will hopefully turn this thread from being somewhat negative into a positive one. How about the guys that have the JWT TT's installed in their cars give some of the guys that live in so. cal a ride that are interested in the kit so they can see first hand if they like it or not? This way it gives some positive PR/exposure to VRT, and the guys that are interested in the kit can see if the JWT TT is worth waiting for them or if not, able to buy another product now.

I have driven all the kits thus it is easier for me to know what I like about each kit but for those that have not, driving them really helps in the decision making process.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:47 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Good idea Jeff (Zland). I got my car back today and I am having a blast with it. I will be at big willow springs on wed if anyone would like to come take a ride.

By the way the Torque is REAL as I found out while I was ruining my tires all the way to 3rd gear.

I will be leaving for Virginia on Dec 2nd and I am looking to buy some good wheels and tires that will be able to handle the power the car is producing.

Thanks for all your patients while waiting for my dyno slips.

John
Old 11-11-2005, 08:55 PM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by COJ_General
You mean good and valid info like VRT's fake track times? Their lies about being road racers who actually just do lapping days? That kind of good and valid info? If you consider that good info I shudder to think of what you consider bad info.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Nealoc187

USN was that your car who's dyno was just posted?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

That was my dyno from Jim Wolf's shop. He finished tuning it last night.

John
Old 11-11-2005, 09:08 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

What page is the dyno posted on? I cannot find it on this thread, maybe my pc is not loading it up?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
That was my dyno from Jim Wolf's shop. He finished tuning it last night.

John
That is a nice healthy TQ number. Get some more flow going and you will have HP to match it. Congrats. Enjoy that car I'm sure it's lots of fun.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:10 PM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by zland
What page is the dyno posted on? I cannot find it on this thread, maybe my pc is not loading it up?

It's post # 210
Old 11-11-2005, 09:12 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Weird, my pc is not showing the thumbnail of post 210 and others. I must have some security setting turned on and dont know it. I wish I know how to change the setting....
Old 11-11-2005, 09:13 PM
VRT
Banned

Here is the USN_HM Dyno Chart Again from 11/10/05.

Thank you.

M
Attached Thumbnails Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???-jwt_jonn_y_z.jpg  
Old 11-11-2005, 09:15 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Post #246 still not working for me. I wonder why? Thanks for posting again anyways.....suggestions?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:18 PM
ActionJackson

Default Can you see it now?

Old 11-11-2005, 09:22 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

No, I did install a newer version of zone alarm pro. it must be turning off something to prevent it from loading those picks?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:23 PM
ActionJackson

What web browser are you using? If it's IE you might have disabled Images or animations from loading under security settings.

Quick Reply: Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???