Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 09:19 AM
VRT
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My bad. You did say 5.

See you Wednesday and hopefully there aren't so many cars on the lil' Willow track so we can get some great times. The list of attendees is huge so we will see. FYI, we are doing the Opentrackracing.com day at Big Willow the same day so I would like you to ride on the big track to show you how the cars can handle and perform at 130-150 instead of only up to 110 on Streets.

Michael
Old 11-09-2005, 09:21 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by VRT
My bad. You did say 5.

See you Wednesday and hopefully there aren't so many cars on the lil' Willow track so we can get some great times. The list of attendees is huge so we will see. FYI, we are doing the Opentrackracing.com day at Big Willow the same day so I would like you to ride on the big track to show you how the cars can handle and perform at 130-150 instead of only up to 110 on Streets.

Michael
I'd be happy too. Are you guys looking to possibly attend that dyno day on Dec 10?
Old 11-09-2005, 09:23 AM
VRT
Banned

I am going to NY yet perhaps Scott or Dayton will. Will let you know. I am sure we can get a few cars there.

M
Old 11-09-2005, 09:26 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by VRT
I am going to NY yet perhaps Scott or Dayton will. Will let you know. I am sure we can get a few cars there.

M
Sounds good.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:03 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
That's great, my comment was short so that I wouldn't have to waste my breath with a long winded speech of what I thought about you with your narrowminded holier than thou attitude that you seem to partake in any discussion about VRT. VRT here said they'd personally fly you down to take a look, why haven't you taken them up on that offer yet? Afraid you'd be proven wrong on all of your supposed real "Facts" that you seem to have that nobody else seems to know about?
They offered to fly me down an hour and a half ago...and this is the first time I've looked at this thread since then. I gladly accept. VRT you can PM me with the details on how you're going to pay for my ticket and stay.

As for you Mr. Jackson...I haven't been proven wrong here yet....(besides about the number of kits that they have...and as Miaplaya said there is a descrepency with what JWT says and VRT has)

show me proof that VRT hasn't blown up 5 motors
show me proof that their cars make 500+rwhp
show me proof that they actually know what they are doing and talking about...
you can't

Just take your 12 year IQ and leave you troll, and let us adults have a nice discussion on the development of the JWT TT kit.
You think I'm a troll??? You obviously haven't been around here very long.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:04 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by VRT
Read my post above Smart Guy...

"FYI - BriGuyMax - The only motors we ever blew were motors built by SFR and/or had the SFR kit on them do to a problem with piston squirters being wedge between the rod and the external SFR oil pump. Your numbers are skewed, 2 motors (one built by SFR) and one stock while using the SFR kit. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. And if you would ever like to visit my garage at our facility, let me know and I will fly you out JUST TO FINALLY GET YOU TO STOP TALKING SH... and GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT...."
PM me and we can work out details of you flying me down to San Diego.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:05 AM
EM-EFER

The JWT is the twin intercooler kit isnt it? I don't think there is any other kit like that.
Right there is the way to tell if its a JWT setup.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:08 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by lukesnyder
The JWT is the twin intercooler kit isnt it? I don't think there is any other kit like that.
Right there is the way to tell if its a JWT setup.
Depending on what car you are referring to there are more then one twin intrcooler kit but yes the JWT kit uses twin intercoolers for the G and a sort of twin for the Z.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:29 AM
theking

Back to the question that I have asked with no answer(not hating just asking). Besides the pull through maf(which is only good to about 425whp) what makes the JWT kit different? I'm just interested in what is being done on the built motor setups. I know JWT has experience with using Lightning and Cobra MAFs and I am wondering if this is what you guys are running on these built motors. Are you still using a BAP to up the fuel pressure? Thanks in advance.

Briguymax, why are you so angry? We know how you feel towards this whole situation. Now you'r just looking like a jerk.

Last edited by theking; 11-09-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:51 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

FYI - BriGuyMax - The only motors we ever blew were motors built by SFR and/or had the SFR kit on them do to a problem with piston squirters being wedge between the rod and the external SFR oil pump. Your numbers are skewed, 2 motors (one built by SFR) and one stock while using the SFR kit. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. And if you would ever like to visit my garage at our facility, let me know and I will fly you out JUST TO FINALLY GET YOU TO STOP TALKING SH... and GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT....

Mike,

Lets gets the facts straight........Your only motor we built for you, never blew (ands you are using the term blew loosely) after we had diagnosed the piston squirter problem! We found out.We told you about it,we offered to fix it and then we even DYNOED IT AFTER THE FACT, because your mechanic from Nissan said it would be ok and you agreed.We offered to take car of the problem after the dyno and the International Auto Salon show and you wanted it done immediately which we were not able to do. So you continued to drive your car and another squirter broke so that is our fault? It was your decision based on a reccomendation from your mechanic and these are the straight facts.

As far as the SFR turbo kit that was on that car,well it was set-up for a low compression motor running a pretty good amount of boost and race fuel.You cant just slap it on a high compression motor with 11.60 psi wastegate springs,alot of timing advance and expect everything to be a ok on 91 octane pump fuel. I mean this is obserd for someone to do and then to blame it on the kit is ridiculous. A word of advice is: that it is all in the tuning my friend.

Like I said, bring what you have to the dyno day on December 10th and let the cars speak for themselves.We will be there with our fleet of SFR twin-turboed cars so it should be fun.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:56 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by TurboTim
FYI - BriGuyMax - The only motors we ever blew were motors built by SFR and/or had the SFR kit on them do to a problem with piston squirters being wedge between the rod and the external SFR oil pump. Your numbers are skewed, 2 motors (one built by SFR) and one stock while using the SFR kit. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. And if you would ever like to visit my garage at our facility, let me know and I will fly you out JUST TO FINALLY GET YOU TO STOP TALKING SH... and GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT....

Mike,

Lets gets the facts straight........Your only motor we built for you, never blew (ands you are using the term blew loosely) after we had diagnosed the piston squirter problem! We found out.We told you about it,we offered to fix it and then we even DYNOED IT AFTER THE FACT, because your mechanic from Nissan said it would be ok and you agreed.We offered to take car of the problem after the dyno and the International Auto Salon show and you wanted it done immediately which we were not able to do. So you continued to drive your car and another squirter broke so that is our fault? It was your decision based on a reccomendation from your mechanic and these are the straight facts.

As far as the SFR turbo kit that was on that car,well it was set-up for a low compression motor running a pretty good amount of boost and race fuel.You cant just slap it on a high compression motor with 11.60 psi wastegate springs,alot of timing advance and expect everything to be a ok on 91 octane pump fuel. I mean this is obserd for someone to do and then to blame it on the kit is ridiculous. A word of advice is: that it is all in the tuning my friend.

Like I said, bring what you have to the dyno day on December 10th and let the cars speak for themselves.We will be there with our fleet of SFR twin-turboed cars so it should be fun.
Turbonetics will be there too!!! Lets make it happen Cappin.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:29 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Smile Dyno numbers, or overall cars performance? You choose!

I know this discussion bored and most of you are very "into" dyno numbers. The fact of the matter is, we at VRT DO NOT want to, nor need to try to make BIG 600+ hp numbers, it is not our goal and objective at all. I understand people being impressed by big dyno numbers, after all it is kinda cool, and a true measure of horse power. But that is not at all our goal at VRT. I am more than sure that we can make some very high hp (5 second) dyno runs, if that was our goal. IMO, JMO, the dyno isn't the Holly Grail (say all do all) of performance, just a tool for measuring and tuning one particular aspect of a cars overall performance. I for one (IMHO) think it is more important and much more impressive to be able to take a given car (on gas bought at the corner convenience store) to a dyno and run some respectable numbers (400-550 to the wheels), then DRIVE that (without touching it at all) same car a few hundred miles to a (real) road racing track day, and again run some VERY respectable and impressive lap times, then (following the theme of NOT touching or tuning the car) use that same sports luxury car (G), or sports car (Z) for your daily commute to work, running errands, etc.

That IMO, is a WELL rounded car, and THAT is what our goal and objective is at VRT!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:32 AM
illZ

So, take it down the 1/4 mile and see what happens.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:20 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by theking
Briguymax, why are you so angry? We know how you feel towards this whole situation. Now you'r just looking like a jerk.
I am a jerk. I also don't let outfits like VRT "take me for a ride". I'm not a sucker..and up to this point all VRT has done is appeal to the "suckers".

VRT constantly contradicts themselves...they list 500+whp in their sigs, but keep skirting the issue when asked to dyno on an independent dyno. They say it's all about how the car preforms on a road course and if you can drive it on the street. GREAT...my car does all of those things for a lot less $$. So do many other turbo Zs...I want to know why they think that they are so special and why they can make comments like "The JWT twin turbo kit is the best on the market".

This Mike guy (who I guess owns VRT) offered to fly me down to see their "facility", and since I accepted he hasn't gotten back to me.

Last edited by BriGuyMax; 11-09-2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:22 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by illZ
So, take it down the 1/4 mile and see what happens.
+1 Just because the VRT cars aren't "DRAG CARS" doesn't mean they can't go to a dragstrip and do some shakedown passes to see how their cars stack up in a straight line against other TTs out there. I mean isn't that basically the biggest part of what VRT is offering? Significantly more power? The best way to test that is on a drag strip.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
I know this discussion bored and most of you are very "into" dyno numbers. The fact of the matter is, we at VRT DO NOT want to, nor need to try to make BIG 600+ hp numbers, it is not our goal and objective at all. I understand people being impressed by big dyno numbers, after all it is kinda cool, and a true measure of horse power. But that is not at all our goal at VRT. I am more than sure that we can make some very high hp (5 second) dyno runs, if that was our goal. IMO, JMO, the dyno isn't the Holly Grail (say all do all) of performance, just a tool for measuring and tuning one particular aspect of a cars overall performance. I for one (IMHO) think it is more important and much more impressive to be able to take a given car (on gas bought at the corner convenience store) to a dyno and run some respectable numbers (400-550 to the wheels), then DRIVE that (without touching it at all) same car a few hundred miles to a (real) road racing track day, and again run some VERY respectable and impressive lap times, then (following the theme of NOT touching or tuning the car) use that same sports luxury car (G), or sports car (Z) for your daily commute to work, running errands, etc.

That IMO, is a WELL rounded car, and THAT is what our goal and objective is at VRT!

That is the biggest copout and swiftest backpedaling I've ever seen. You came to this board and one of the FIRST things you were claiming were your 600+hp cars (which apparently don't exist from your admission in this post, and from what a little birdie told me, 510whp is the highest you've had a car dyno), your OBVIOUSLY fake 1/4 mile times 11.3 @ 137 with a fake 600hp LOL(which another little birdie told me are G-Tech times), your MULTIPLE blown motors because you "tuners" apparently don't understand tuning that well, as you try to run too stiff wastegate springs with too much timing advance on too high compression motors.

We ask you for proof of ANY of these claims and you simple ignore the requests. If you could actually provide a dyno sheet, a timeslip, ANYTHING concrete people would get off your back. But since you backpedal and then dodge the requests for proof after you yourself made the claims WEEKS ago, you continually prove yourself to be nothing but a joke, another typical "business" which is actually run out of some guys home garage. You have enough mechanical knowhow to install some turbo kits, not hard to do in the slightest, and then you come on the boards purporting to be some incredible tuners with all these fabulous claims of what your glorious cars can do, and then when people ask you for proof, you suddenly change the subject and say "well we actually aren't really impressed with dyno numbers blah blah blah copout blah." If you make the claims, back them up. Otherwise don't make the claims, because it just makes you look bad.

Briguymax has taken you up on your offer, which I'm POSITIVE will prove to be a false offer to fly him out there and show him your shop. This will probably be just one more instance of you backpedaling away from showing anyone a single modicum of proof to support all the claims your "company" has made.

I predict this post too will be totally skipped over by anyone associated with VRT, the claims will again go unproven, the offer to fly BriGuyMax out there will be reneged, and VRT will continue to walk the same line as they have since I saw them start posting, with fabulous claims of how great their supercars are, and absolutely zero proof of any kind. Feel free to prove me wrong by showing us all the proof we've been requesting for weeks now. Or just keep saying "dynos don't mean anything, we want to make supercars that can drive hundreds of miles on the track" after claiming all these hard, concrete numbers a couple weeks ago.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:36 PM
illZ

Do you realize how much $$$ and kits would be sold if you could really provide in car video of hundreds of track hours?

That would be the ultimate ad!
Old 11-09-2005, 02:38 PM
ActionJackson

Errm... did you not read them possibly attending SFR's dyno day in San Diego December 10th? At least then we'll have some real HP #s and maybe some track time slips by attendees. All this screaming for proof about this and that is kinda pointless when they've already started making efforts to show off their cars lately, and at local meets. It'll come eventually, no need to put a company down anymore than you guys already have when they're making more of an effort than in the past to prove their #s.

What yours & bri's posts come off of is kinda like fighting a mob threatening to burn somone at the stake with the first claim that someone was a witch during the witch hunts in salem, no matter what you say once you're accused you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.

Last edited by ActionJackson; 11-09-2005 at 02:41 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:43 PM
theking

IMHO it doesn't matter the peak horsepower number. Me and most of the guys on the board just get a little offended when you claim the JWT kit is the best kit you have tested and then won't run on a dyno day that other cars that we can compare your setups to are running at and you won't show up. I'm sure your cars are great on a road circuit but this forum is about power output and not suspension. It is after all the FI section of this board. I know the turbos in the JWT kit are very good spooling turbos and most of us are just interested in the area under the curve as compared to the other kits running that day. Since road race setup is very subjective and some people like tighter suspension with a power-on oversteer while others like a neutral setup much closer to the edge. Please let's put all this stupid talk to rest and show up at the dyno day where other kits we know are running. I'm sure you guys will do great.
Originally Posted by WA2GOOD

Old 11-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Nealoc187

Originally Posted by ActionJackson
no matter what you say once you're accused you're damned if you do, and damned if you don't.
They aren't damned if they do. If they show some proof of the claims they've made I will gladly backpedal myself and say "ok guys, I was wrong, you guys did do what you claimed."

I've got no vested interest in this, I live thousands of miles from them, and wouldn't ever consider a JWT turbo kit anyways after my experiences with the company. The simple fact is that they made outlandish claims, and they hoot and hollar about how marvelous they are at transforming Zs into Enzo killing supercars, and then when they are asked for WEEKS for proof, they fail to produce. So in essence what they've done is no different than my little nephew coming on here, making a post saying "hey guys I can build you a supercar out of your Z for $20000 and it will put down 600+hp and trap 137mph in the 1/4." Then he can go back to playing with his Hot Wheels and Tonka Trucks and never worry about providing any proof, because he has none to provide.

My point is if these guys lied about what their cars have done (put down 600+ and trap 137mph on the drag strip), which I believe they did, then why should I or anyone else believe anything they have to say? If they HAD the proof of this it would take all of 3.5 seconds to take a digital picture of the 600hp dyno sheet and the 137mph trapping timeslip and post it on here, and then this and all other threads/posts questioning these guys integrity and tuning abilities wouldn't even exist. But instead they just backpedal and say such things aren't important to them. Which to me and anyone else who's been modding cars for years sounds an awful lot like "well we don't have proof because we lied about all those numbers, we posted them hoping no one would question them, and now that people have, we can't do anything other than backpedal and dodge their questions because we DON'T HAVE the proof they are requesting."

Last edited by Nealoc187; 11-09-2005 at 03:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???