Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

**I'm BACK** With a Forged Build, Twins, DD vs DJ comparison and more**

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 08:05 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Exclamation **I'm BACK** With a Forged Build, Twins, DD vs DJ comparison and more**

EDIT-tons of pics, dyno charts and dyno vid posted later

Nice to be back guys, 1 day short of 3 months from the day of blowing my stock block I'm back on the road with a completely new set-up and new found power. When I blew the stock block I told myself all I wanted/needed was around 550whp(Dynojet) to run my 1/4 goals, anything more would be a bonus. So, I quickly found a good stock longblock and started thinking where I would take it. The choice was clear-Sharif @ Forged. Like most of us I have read of all the quality work, good customer service, great tunes, etc that have come from Forged Performance and I wanted to see for myself. After talking with Sharif and figuring things out, myself along with the help of a friend trailered the car down 731 miles from my house to his shop. Now the fun begins-here is what I went with:

*Greddy TT
*Arias ED Pistons 9:1 .020" over
*Pauter Rods
*Darton Mid Sleeves
*HKS Head Gasket
*JWT S1 cams and valvetrain
*Forged Performance 3" Downpipes w/open dumps
*APS 3" TD Exhaust
*Koyo Radiator (slim)
*AAM oil pan spacer with stainless return lines
*ATS Triple Disc Clutch
*RC 750cc Injectors
*Blitz SBC-iD EBC
*Tial 1 bar wastegate springs

I also did little things like a Braille 11.5lb battery, Greddy catch can, Powder coated Timing Cover and Plenum, and added a UTEC map switch, and Im prolly forgetting some stuff now...

I did not give Sharif any whp goals to hit, I told him about what I wanted in power, but above all else, I wanted a safe, reliable tune I could beat on daily. With that in mind he went to work, did his magic and provided me with the following numbers--on 93 octane all 5th gear pulls, and more importantly a VERY conservative tune...

Dyno Dynamics STD correction (No BS Dj correction)

13psi - 488whp 470ft/lbs
15psi - 541whp 540ft/lbs

Dynojet STD Correction

13psi - 525whp 494ft/lbs
15psi - 578whp 562ft/lbs

First impression driving, the car is nasty fast, even in "low" boost in comparison to my TN set-up, its way faster. Low boost gets me wheelspin at will in 2nd gear even with the 285's out back in warm weather. Up top in low boost the car pulls like a raped ape-all the way to my 159mph limiter as I found out I still had when I took a friend out. Wait-I paid Technosquare to remove that NA, or did TN when they flashed the ECU put that limiter back on? Thats not a huge issue now though I'll deal with that later. I thought my TN set-up had good top end, this is so much nastier High boost gets me additonal peak power, but more importantly the midrange TQ and the way the TQ builds-its unexplainable-the car simply rockets forward on the highway on any boost level, passing cars is a fun experience, before you know it, your 145mph in 5th ready for 6th. And the funnest part of it all, is the sound when the wategate opens and dumps-its loud and will scare small children within a 2 mile radius Obviously with this block, and additonal fuel needs met, I could do a higher boost/race gas map, but for now this is all I wanted and some. I'm so happy with the work and tune (no hiccups or issues on the drive back), I just cant stress that enough

I'd like to thank Sharif for sending me pics throughout the process, and always getting back to me-keeping me informed from day to day, I felt like I bugged him at times. And his awesome tech Devon for the countless hours spent on my car, and in taking tons of pics for me throughout the entire build, and in letting me crash at his place. Best thing for me was that they worked on my car and treated it like it was their own. The attention to detail in running lines under the hood, and wires for the EBC and map switch are excellent-you couldnt hope for any better work. I'm more than happy with everything, I'd recommend them to you for anything you coul dever want done/need. Truly good people and an awesome shop

I'd also like to thank Mike who got me a nice deal on the longblock, Kirk who took a weekend and hooked me up on the towing of the car to Georgia, and to Nowell, who busted his a$$ with me on short notice when we took the TN kit off my car the day before it went to Forged.

I have many pics-including the dyno charts of course and I've already made a video when we went down the street to the Dynojet, but I can't post them now, I promise to do so later.

I can't wait to get this beast on the track, it sure will be fun trying to keep up with the engine revving/shifting Questions, comments? As always feel free to ask...

Last edited by Alberto; 09-19-2006 at 06:26 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking forward to the pics and some track times.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:11 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Alberto..
Old 09-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Sam405

nice to see you back =) Im almost done with my build. I got the built motor now im waiting to sell the greddy kit and buy the extreme!! now we need times!!! and vid's
Old 09-18-2006, 08:17 AM
tig488

haha, congrats man, i knew it was your car when i saw it in the shop but i swore i wouldnt tell, i bet the car hauls major *** now. have fun with the new power and be careful. i guess its already broken in?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I'll have a dyno vid posted today. Give me to this weekend I'll def post some vids for you guys...Turbo XS RFL + Dumps = LOUD.

Edit-yes, its broken in, all is well with the new motor-running strong.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:20 AM
JeffesonM

congratulations... can't wait to see some new times
Old 09-18-2006, 08:20 AM
savvy

i miss watching your videos....get some new ones up....i still love watching the videos of you shifting (also like a raped ape), now you have the car to match.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Vinny@VTR

Awesome dude.....i'm looking forward to a track day now!!!! Did you go with the stock TD-05's or did you upgrade to TD-06's on your GReddy kit?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:27 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by noah@prfmcemotor
Awesome dude.....i'm looking forward to a track day now!!!! Did you go with the stock TD-05's or did you upgrade to TD-06's on your GReddy kit?
TD06 turbines with the same 18G compressors wouldn't do much. Now if he did TD06 turbines with 60-1 wheels that would be another story..
Old 09-18-2006, 08:29 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by savvy
i miss watching your videos....get some new ones up....i still love watching the videos of you shifting (also like a raped ape), now you have the car to match.
+1 i loved those videos
Old 09-18-2006, 08:30 AM
slinksZ

Congrats i can not wait to get some stuff paid off so I can get a similiar set up.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Kirkster

I got one of the first rides in Alberto's new setup and it is nasty nasty... Good thing he knows how to powershift because the first three gears go by oh so quickly with much mind blowing ferocity...

One word. WOW...
Old 09-18-2006, 08:31 AM
charlie_rdstr_Z

That was actually pretty quick. Sounds like you will have to ease the pedal or you will spin everywhere. What are your predictions on the track?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Osix350Z
Banned

Originally Posted by savvy

HERE IT COMES Bert... Take your belt off and drop your pants buddy.. Here comes an "e-line" of meat gaggers on their knees.. LOL..

jk guys, don't get up..

Congrats on the new power house.. I think I'll just stick with my TN setup......... ::for now::
Old 09-18-2006, 08:40 AM
EM-EFER

So now you wont be so grumpy?
Old 09-18-2006, 08:46 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used this quote on Brent's (BamBam) setup and I'll use it on yours as well ...
to quote "Animal Mother" from FMJ (Full Metal Jacket) ... "F*cking Hardcore"
Old 09-18-2006, 08:58 AM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alberto.... awesome...best wishes to you.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:01 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OHHHHHHH........ what a suprise.

Enjoy!

JET
Old 09-18-2006, 09:06 AM
chimmike

what I find incredible is you made almost 60whp from 2psi more boost!

Quick Reply: **I'm BACK** With a Forged Build, Twins, DD vs DJ comparison and more**