Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS single TUrbo? yes or no

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 05:30 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

This thread is awesome
Old 10-18-2006, 06:24 PM
synth19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, where have you been... you APS fanboy!!!!

Originally Posted by Zivman
This thread is awesome
Old 10-18-2006, 06:35 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

My stock 2003 VQ35DE with 380cc Power Enterprise injectors, FPR and Walboro pump upgrades handled 400 rwhp for 27000 miles with no major issues; except that I blew my head gasket 3 times. And, what I noted was all 3 times were after a gas fill up; coincidence !? The final gasket failure was at the pocono's race track and that was after wah wah gas.

With non oxygenated 93 octane gas and bolts capable of 95 + lbs torque, most of our stock internals should be pretty stable for street use @ 400 rwhp.

G
Old 10-18-2006, 06:57 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by synth19
Dude, where have you been... you APS fanboy!!!!
I have been following it from the beginning. Everything that needed to be said has been said, and then some
Old 10-18-2006, 07:10 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C
APS in last 6 months, has making a point to not go over 360-380whp on a stock block with their TT kit.
My buddy has the APS car from Aus. He's around 430 hp right now, stock block with the reg. unichip. This was the thier test car that has had every Z product created on it(exhaust/TT/single T/extrerme kit/fuel kit/etc).
Old 10-18-2006, 08:45 PM
leeboyNY
Kimchi Eater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been following it from the beginning. Everything that needed to be said has been said, and then some

Yeah, no kidding... When I was writing my post, I was like 'I remember reading what I'm writing right now... Oh~ Zivman wrote something similar....' Hahaha~~~
Old 10-18-2006, 08:51 PM
zman1910

Originally Posted by BrianLG35C

***To me, in 2006, Peter strongly suggests not to go over 380whp. But not so back in 2005. But then again I haven't heard of anyone blowing their motor running 400whp or less on an APS TT with stock internals.
Whats funny is I don't even know if that 380whp is the same as GRD's 380whp(or any other dyno for that matter) since all dynos measure differently. I guess it would be better to say no more than 100 whp increase or something to that nature.
Old 10-18-2006, 08:56 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by Oleg
Not that I am obligated to explain anything to you, kid, but I happen to still be a fan of the Z, and would like to see how it evolves through aftermarket.
I myself, however, will achieve my goals through an LS2 car, which can make a whole of a lot more power then the Z bolt-on to bolt-on. Simple as that, I have a few other real financial commitments that simply cannot allow me to justify spending almost twice as much $$ to continue the Z project.
KID... this coming from a 28 year old. It appears that obviously you're at your wits end, but hey, I hope someday you finally move over to the domestic forums and annoy them with your constant bantering about how scared you are to put work into your car. And yes, we all surely will miss your trash talking of the 350z.

Originally Posted by zivman
What do you know, I agree with Zivman. This is surely a sign of the apocalypse.

Originally Posted by tig488
taurran, im hurt by that statement.
haha. No worries tig, you know you fall into that small category of chill APS owners.
Old 10-19-2006, 04:39 AM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by zman1910
Whats funny is I don't even know if that 380whp is the same as GRD's 380whp(or any other dyno for that matter) since all dynos measure differently. I guess it would be better to say no more than 100 whp increase or something to that nature.
I agree that would be a better recommendation by APS as long as you obviously get an accurate baseline first. Who knows, I'm still mad at myself for letting GRD tune it to 442whp.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:59 AM
Oleg

Originally Posted by taurran
KID... this coming from a 28 year old. It appears that obviously you're at your wits end, but hey, I hope someday you finally move over to the domestic forums and annoy them with your constant bantering about how scared you are to put work into your car. And yes, we all surely will miss your trash talking of the 350z.
OK, fine whatever, you win this argument. Obviously buying an economy FI kit and paying someone to install it makes you an ultimate authority on cars.

Well, here is an advise from someone old and wise: how about you use that awesome acquired knowledge and put me on your ignore list so you would not have to be as annoyed as you are now.

Just one final question though, you've been relpying to me referring to yourself as "we" and not "I". I am assuming that you are only referring to yourself, since noone is backing you up on that. Do you have a bit of the old Gollum syndrome going on? Do you call your Z "precious" too?

Last edited by Oleg; 10-19-2006 at 01:51 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:09 PM
Zivman

OK, fine whatever, you win this argument. Obviously buying an economy FI kit and paying someone to install it makes you an ultimate authority on cars.

Well, here is an advise from someone old and wise: how about you use that awesome acquired knowledge and put me on your ignore list so you would not have to be as annoyed as you are now.

Just one final question though, you've been relpying to me referring to yourself as "we" and not "I". I am assuming that you are only referring to yourself, since noone is backing you up on that. Do you have a bit of the old Gollum syndrome going on? Do you call your Z "precious" too?
See, now this is a good post. Made following this BS thread worthwhile
Old 10-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Oleg

See, now this is a good post. Made following this BS thread worthwhile

This is fun.
This taurran guy takes everything so personally...
I really like it when when he begins to critisize the APS TT for "antiquated" EMS and "quasi" FRS, but since TN ST "still produces a healthy amount of torque" it's OK to have even more primitive fuel/EMS solutions. Talk about bias/self-contradiction.

But my personal favorite is when the TN camp starts to use the 1.5 and 2.0 upgrades as arguments. These systems are perfect. They did not blow any motors, they never had any problems, etc. Why?
BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT OUT YET!!!!!!!!!
People should be disallowed to use these to support their arguments until they are out, and we know the price...
Just my opinion.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:54 PM
taurran

This is fun.
This taurran guy takes everything so personally...
I really like it when when he begins to critisize the APS TT for "antiquated" EMS and "quasi" FRS, but since TN ST "still produces a healthy amount of torque" it's OK to have even more primitive fuel/EMS solutions. Talk about bias/self-contradiction.
Listen, KID. (remember when you first started name-calling? I take this personal?)

The reason why people don't respond to these threads is they want no part of it, and by most it has been deemed a complete and utter waste of time. Especially when arguing with someone like yourself, who obviously has no understanding of the subject other than what he was told on these forums. It's already been established that arguing with you is a complete waste of time, as apprent in your previous threads. You've wasted hundreds of hours of people's time in these discussions only to not have the ***** to boost your motor, and then trash talk the Z on multiple occasions because you deem it inferior to and less reliable than other cars like a LS1 swapped FD (which you stated would have no issues whatsoever).

First off, quit twisting the meaning of my statement out of context, and go back and attempt to actually comprehend it (this IS how you form all of your arguments). It was stated in relation to this whole "completeness" issue that was started by the APS marketing machine and fans such as yourself. It was stated that the APS system is totally "complete", when in fact it contains, and you pay for, an archaic form of engine management, and a quasi "complete" fuel return system. There is no refutable evedence to prove me wrong. Say otherwise to those who have blown their motor on this kit or are just looking for more power. Ask them how complete it is.

Keep in mind that at no time in that statement did I compare it to the Turbonetics kit in any way. YOU were the one that build that comparison in your own thick head and decided to throw it back at me. In fact, both kits are known to accomplish their goals (with the turbonetics kit aimed at more moderate power output). Both kits also have tuner versions which allow buyers to bypass all issues with the "completeness" of each kit. If you want both kits to truly be "complete", then get the tuner version and build your own, nuff said.

It's common knowledge that none of the kits on the market now blow motors. I've said time and time again that each kit works well for its intended purpose, and none is perfect (bias my a**). Many blown motors are biproducts by pushing a kit past its intended horsepower and boost levels, incorrect installation, and incorrect upkeep. HOWEVER, the vast majority of them blow just to variations in the factory build and power levels that are run.

If you don't want to run the risk of blowing your stock motor, turn down the boost. It's as simple as that. Torque cannot snap connecting rods if it is not present. Then again, this may be beyond your simplistic reasoning.

But my personal favorite is when the TN camp starts to use the 1.5 and 2.0 upgrades as arguments. These systems are perfect. They did not blow any motors, they never had any problems, etc. Why?
BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT OUT YET!!!!!!!!!
People should be disallowed to use these to support their arguments until they are out, and we know the price...
Just my opinion.
So what? What does this have ANYTHING to do with this conversation. The only point is that there are options for those who have the stage 1 kit that want more. The only reason it could be compared to the APS kit in this thread is because you WANT it to be. I never in one instance compared having the stage options to the APS ST kit. You did.

Your ***-backwards reasoning seems to base a kits worth on how many motors have been blown on it rather than the actual reason WHY they blew in each occurance. Perhaps this reasoning is why you never had the ***** to boost your Z.

In the end, your opinion has wasted more [of my] time than its worth. I think you've passed your word quota for the day, so give it a rest.

Last edited by taurran; 10-19-2006 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:59 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Some times it is more fun to just read the post rather then jump into a heated debate. All main points of view seem to be covered so I will continue to watch you guys tear each other apart....
Old 10-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Oleg

Listen, KID. (remember when you first started name-calling? I take this personal?)

BLAH.... BLAH... BLAH...

...so give it a rest.

Then why so combative? Come on, it's just internet...
Old 10-19-2006, 03:16 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by zland
Some times it is more fun to just read the post rather then jump into a heated debate. All main points of view seem to be covered so I will continue to watch you guys tear each other apart....
Right, although some people like to continue to drag things out by trying to start new debates based on assumptions they've formed due to lack of real understanding.

I personally don't know why I let myself get sucked into these stupid debates (yeah, its one of my many flaws). Neither side ever wins and it is always just the same garbage regurgitated over and over. That, and some people just refuse to let an issue rest by beating the same dead horse over and over. Shame on me for even getting involved and putting myself in the position to have to defend my statements to certain dense individuals.

Maybe we should just see about merging them into one giant thread and putting in it's own forum labeled "Got too much time on your hands?".
Old 10-19-2006, 03:23 PM
Oleg

Originally Posted by zland
You know, this is the funny part, I am at work (I work the 4-12 shift in a hospital). I may have too much free time on my hands, but I get nicely compensated for every second of it. If I would be off today, the last thing I would be doing is arguing online. There is just way too much stuff to do in Manhattan and my350z.com occupies only a small fraction of my free time.

Now, what's taurran's excuse?

Last edited by Oleg; 10-19-2006 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:28 PM
taurran

You know, this is the funny part, I am at work (I work the 4-12 shift in a hospital). I may have too much free time on my hands, but I get nicely compensated for every second of it. If I would be off today, the last thing I would be doing is arguing online.

Now, what's taurran's excuse?

Keep on trolling. You know with statements like this, that is all you're doing. I have no need to justify my posting habits to you.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:31 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Craig for a military boy... you do let Oleg get under your skin real easy
Old 10-19-2006, 03:32 PM
Zivman

You've wasted hundreds of hours of people's time in these discussions only to not have the ***** to boost your motor, and then trash talk the Z on multiple occasions because you deem it inferior to and less reliable than other cars like a LS1 swapped FD (which you stated would have no issues whatsoever).
Oleg, he got you there. I feel in order to bad mouth the FI players, you should at least be part of the game.

Quick Reply: APS single TUrbo? yes or no