Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My APS Extreme TT with built motor story...

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again guys. All the support here means a lot to me at this point in time. Many people don't understand our passion...how we see our cars as a kid growing up. It's a really difficult time for me right now.

Originally Posted by BamBam
Alex, I really don't know what to suggest to you man. I am in the same boat (blown built engine within the first month); spent over 6 figures and not sure if I can continue this madness. I know that most rational people will tell you to cut your losses, as have most of my non-car friends. BUT I guess you have to think about why you started down this path. Was it for the journey? The sense of accomplishment? OR the goal of having a car that will kick everyone else’s @$$..

Despite what some might say after spending this much, finding another $10 - 15k might not be easy, which I can very much understand. But think about what is going to make you happy: Having a stock trouble free super car, or having a car that is custom/ unique and is designed around your personality.

I don't think anyone can tell you what to do, but hopefully everyone’s opinions will help lead you towards your hearts path.

Good luck bro I know it is a very tough decision you have to make.
--B
Thanks B. I know you're in the same boat, so the reply coming from you is even more significant. Most people won't understand how easy it is to go over 6 figures when you're going all out. But as you can relate, it's reality. We'll see where I go from here. Thanks again.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:43 PM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
Thanks B. I know you're in the same boat, so the reply coming from you is even more significant. Most people won't understand how easy it is to go over 6 figures when you're going all out. But as you can relate, it's reality. We'll see where I go from here. Thanks again.
Well good luck with whatever you decide bro. To me it was like trying to put my Dog down.. A lot of people said it would be for the best, but I just can't do it. Too much time, effort, and care has gone into her... For me, it might take a long time before I get her up and running again, but I do have bigger plans for her.

As for parting her out... I just don't think I could do it, I would rather just sell it outright, then do the disassembly..
--B
Old 12-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Originally Posted by BamBam
Well good luck with whatever you decide bro. To me it was like trying to put my Dog down.. A lot of people said it would be for the best, but I just can't do it. Too much time, effort, and care has gone into her... For me, it might take a long time before I get her up and running again, but I do have bigger plans for her.

As for parting her out... I just don't think I could do it, I would rather just sell it outright, then do the disassembly..
--B
yea parting out is hard...very hard. I'm still preparing myself for that day... If not, then we'll be losing out even more.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:18 PM
B-Unit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

either way ur gonna lose money in the end of this car thing. so u might as well finish it.

parting a car out is a *****. trust me, im doing it right now.

-B_
Old 12-20-2006, 06:48 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Originally Posted by B-Unit
either way ur gonna lose money in the end of this car thing. so u might as well finish it.

parting a car out is a *****. trust me, im doing it right now.

-B_
You have to draw the line somewhere...
Old 12-20-2006, 08:01 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Originally Posted by BlackSpec02
If in the unfortunate case that you decide to cut her loose then im sure a lot of us will be looking for that parts for sale thread!
It's starting...just posted some parts in the classifieds...
Old 12-20-2006, 09:03 PM
MIAPLAYA

Really sucks to hear. Your car has come a long way and is almost there. But I can't blame you for giving it up after all the money you have already spent and how much more you would have to spend to get it up and running.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:21 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Really sucks to hear. Your car has come a long way and is almost there. But I can't blame you for giving it up after all the money you have already spent and how much more you would have to spend to get it up and running.
Thanks MIA. Best of luck to you and TN as well.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:25 PM
MIAPLAYA

Thanks MIA. Best of luck to you and TN as well.
Thank Nitrouz it will be sad to see you and your car go... A lot of guys planned to follow in your footsteps..
Old 12-20-2006, 09:32 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Thank Nitrouz it will be sad to see you and your car go... A lot of guys planned to follow in your footsteps..
I'm still considering...so it's not concluded just yet.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:33 PM
sugarspunZ

Received 665 Likes on 524 Posts

damn alex that really sucks bro. i was really looking forward to seeing your car in action.
as long as you can swing it i would say keep your car. we have never met, but i would imagine you are young guy(less that 35) and have little to loose. we only live once. go ballz out bro.
whatever you decide to do bro i wish you all the best.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:33 PM
MIAPLAYA

Oh gotcha. Didn't mean to jump the gun. Just saw your post about the parts already posted for sale and assumed it was a done deal.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:42 PM
rookie

I say you or someone ask GTM to sponsor you with their stroker kit.....

How many customers will have an extreme kit and all the supporting mods including the EM to support the the power potential?

Perfect testing situation to me....
Old 12-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Oh gotcha. Didn't mean to jump the gun. Just saw your post about the parts already posted for sale and assumed it was a done deal.
No problem man. Just selling the parts I had stacked in my closet for a while as backup parts... then I'm going to decide for sure.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:47 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by rookie
I say you or someone ask GTM to sponsor you with their stroker kit.....

How many customers will have an extreme kit and all the supporting mods including the EM to support the the power potential?

Perfect testing situation to me....
Very true...someone needs to run this as an "example of what you can do" car. Theres only a few people I think we all exepcted to see running this soon. (Nitrouz, Bam Bam, Philthy, etc). Aside from Injected Performance with their AEBS stroked motor is there anyone else on the boards running a stroker kit?
Old 12-20-2006, 09:47 PM
G3po

So things didn't go as planned......

I had the motor built locally in Norcal, with everything installed. Sam@GTM has been nothing but excellent and sent us an Fcon V-Pro with a base tune to break the engine in with. Drove it down to Socal for him to tune.

Alex aka. Nitrouz
Sorry to hear you dilema, I'm curious how many miles did you break the fresh block in before treking down to SoCal? It is a common rule of thumb to avoid long distance hwy driving on a fresh block ,especially with hard to seat cro-moly rings.

Last edited by G3po; 12-20-2006 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:49 PM
MIAPLAYA

No problem man. Just selling the parts I had stacked in my closet for a while as backup parts... then I'm going to decide for sure.
Best of luck with the decision.... its going to be a tough one...
Old 12-20-2006, 09:55 PM
G3po

It's starting...just posted some parts in the classifieds...

If you decide to sell the FCON V-Pro ,I'd be game, please give a pm if you decide to part out. Again sorry for the situation.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:58 PM
G3po

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Alex, I am really sorry to see this thread. I am sorry that something went wrong with the machining process....this is definately a first that I am aware of. The good news, is that if you decide to move forward, Sam and his team will take care of you, and all the work will be done in house.

And just for the record, we've distributed at least 100 sets of Arias ED pistons, and havent had any failures to date....even with amatuer tuners at the controls. I know it doesnt make this situation any better, but we use the Arias ED pistons, becuase are hands down the strongest pistons on the market.

If you need to talk, dont hesitate.
Sharif , how do you recommend breaking in the rings that come with the EDs?
Old 12-20-2006, 10:08 PM
G3po

yea I broke it in according to Sam and Rob's procedures...kept it outta boost (max 2psi), and not go past 4500rpms.
The advice shoulda be ,

a) keep outta boost
b) keep RPM below 4500rpm
c) vary the load and RPM, no "extended cruising" at constant load and RPM, Chro-molies will not breakin properly at a constant cruise. They need to be "loaded and unloaded" briskly during the first few 100 miles. And contrarily ,OEM style Ductile Iron rings will break-in under almost any conditon just fine.

Quick Reply: My APS Extreme TT with built motor story...