Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My APS Extreme TT with built motor story...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 05:24 PM
Oleg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not worried... He'll be back.
Give him another week of being upset, then wait till his post New Years hangover clears, then the old mod bug will make itself known again.

Then it's a GTM stroker longblock with one of their custom gearsets....
Alex, we believe in you...

Besides, not in any hell will someone obsessed with his car enough to put into it almost triple of it costs, will abandon the project after a hickup (unless he has a bunch of other projects on forums that we don't know about...)
Old 12-23-2006, 06:10 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alex, no matter what your decision, I just want say that it's really an honor working on your Z. The amount of effort and passion that went into your car is infinite and I admire and respect you for that.

As of our current situation, I think this is only a little bump in the road of a long journey. You can only come out stronger in the end. AS I have said many times before, GTM is behind you all the way and will do whatever it takes to serve your best interest.

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS
Old 12-24-2006, 06:55 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
Alex, no matter what your decision, I just want say that it's really an honor working on your Z. The amount of effort and passion that went into your car is infinite and I admire and respect you for that.

As of our current situation, I think this is only a little bump in the road of a long journey. You can only come out stronger in the end. AS I have said many times before, GTM is behind you all the way and will do whatever it takes to serve your best interest.

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

You are lucky to have a shop like GTM in Southern California! They are so geared towards EVERYTHING for the vq35, and Sam's tuning expertise is top notch! Get that motor fixed up so we can see some huge numbers!!!! That's what credit cards are for

Good luck!

TODD
Old 12-24-2006, 12:02 PM
bloodwings19

Sorry about your car, but you do have your Yamaha R1 to ride out your pain? Good Luck on whatever road you take.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Kevins350z

man file a complaint to BAR and see what they say about your case.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:46 AM
barthelb
Master

Alex, you can buy my built motor. I hear its almost finished as is my bank account. Who built the motor by the way. Someones gotta pay for the mistake, if not than no one should buy from them. So either way they'll pay. These aftermarket companies need to get the heat.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:33 AM
vodkarocket

Damn, this was a sad thread to read. Unfortunately, these kind of things go with the trials and tribulations of modding a car.

When I met you briefly, I remember the passion you had about building up your car to be unique, and I hope that passion stays with you so you can complete the project and realize what you've worked for. Besides, when your car starts getting media coverage, I want to be able to say "hey, that's my 3.3FD in that beast!"
Old 01-02-2007, 02:06 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Alex, what's the latest? Parting? Repairing? Engine apart?
Old 01-02-2007, 05:27 PM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

This is my greatest fear, to get so invloved with a project and have it go boom so to speak.

Youve got the support. I hope you get fixed up b/c once you take it out and you know its running well and you romp on it youll never look back.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by barthelb
Alex, you can buy my built motor. I hear its almost finished as is my bank account. Who built the motor by the way. Someones gotta pay for the mistake, if not than no one should buy from them. So either way they'll pay. These aftermarket companies need to get the heat.
same guy that built yours. Your stroker crank was bought from Sam I think.

No one is paying for anything...so I think I'll just stop here...maybe.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:31 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Originally Posted by scotts300
Alex, what's the latest? Parting? Repairing? Engine apart?
still at square 1.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Originally Posted by meatbag
This is my greatest fear, to get so invloved with a project and have it go boom so to speak.

Youve got the support. I hope you get fixed up b/c once you take it out and you know its running well and you romp on it youll never look back.
Thanks man...but I'm still thinking since I'll have no financial support from any of the shops or companies I dealt with.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Gators2001

damn...

I feel your pain
Old 01-02-2007, 09:33 PM
TT-Z
Reppin' the Jersey Shore

sorry you got screwed over man...but Rob did screw you over if he's not paying for anything. First off, you were building with the Extreme kit, and what did he expect? That you were going to run 13-15psi? He should have known his limits and his lack of knowledge and experience and told you beforehand. You shouldn't have to pay for HIS R&D, period. Good thing you're with Sam now. He knows what he's doing, and I hope you get your car back on the road again. Sorry about your financial loss, but hopefully people will finally realize that Z Car can't build high hp engines.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:25 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Unfortunately this is all you can expect from this chicken **** Rob.

Shops like this from my experience, and believe me i have perhaps the greatest experience with ALL/ANY shops in CA (NorCal and SoCal) represent the status quo in this industry. Why? NO one wants to take pride in their work, invests as little as possible into their shop, their knowledge, and the work itself for the highest possible return... with one huge exception - GTM. tha'ts why like it was mentioned above, GTM is the ONLY way to go.... and we arelucky to have them in calif. And I mean TRULY the only way to go. With VERY few exceptions, you either have to go to GTM or NOT do it at all.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:40 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GurgenPB
Unfortunately this is all you can expect from this chicken **** Rob.

Shops like this from my experience, and believe me i have perhaps the greatest experience with ALL/ANY shops in CA (NorCal and SoCal) represent the status quo in this industry. Why? NO one wants to take pride in their work, invests as little as possible into their shop, their knowledge, and the work itself for the highest possible return... with one huge exception - GTM. tha'ts why like it was mentioned above, GTM is the ONLY way to go.... and we arelucky to have them in calif. And I mean TRULY the only way to go. With VERY few exceptions, you either have to go to GTM or NOT do it at all.
I hate to add gas to the fire, here, but you have seriously miscategorized Rob and his shop. When it comes to pride, investment, pure passion, and the blood, sweat, and tears it takes to run a shop, Rob has done an incredible job. With what you said above, and with what we as a community know about ZCG, you must not have the "greatest experience with ALL/ANY shops in CA", because what you have stated as a generalization is completely inaccurate in this instance.

Call JWT and ask them, as I'm sure THEY are the ones with the greatest experience in CA as well as the US and beyond. Hell, maybe you could call Pete Brock or John Morton directly and ask them. I'm confident they would affirm the same. ZCG is a business fueled by passion which pays the bills, not raping customers for said highest return.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:15 AM
TT-Z
Reppin' the Jersey Shore

Originally Posted by scotts300
I hate to add gas to the fire, here, but you have seriously miscategorized Rob and his shop. When it comes to pride, investment, pure passion, and the blood, sweat, and tears it takes to run a shop, Rob has done an incredible job. With what you said above, and with what we as a community know about ZCG, you must not have the "greatest experience with ALL/ANY shops in CA", because what you have stated as a generalization is completely inaccurate in this instance.

Call JWT and ask them, as I'm sure THEY are the ones with the greatest experience in CA as well as the US and beyond. Hell, maybe you could call Pete Brock or John Morton directly and ask them. I'm confident they would affirm the same. ZCG is a business fueled by passion which pays the bills, not raping customers for said highest return.
I agree with all the qualities you claimed of Rob. But the trust is that he is losing people left and right now. He might not realize it, but he is. His shop is dying a slow death because of the lack of knowledge and experience. It doesnt matte how much passion he has, or how much sweat he went through. This is a TUNING SHOP, so if he cant get the basics of his job right, it doesnt matter how much effort he puts in.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:26 AM
o snap its eric

In all fairness lets say ZCG is a good shop. One that will not rape you on the cost however don't expect them to give high HP. I like to think ZCG has a shop that will increase the performance of your car along with reliability. They don't push the envelope however if one was to ask them to make them an high HP car who are they to reject revenue. If you want high hp go with other shops out in CA. There are many shops in CA who has done high power cars. As long as they have a good running rep of high power cars should give you a peace of mind even though all the high power cars are not from 350zs.

I've been to their shop and done business with them. They are stand up guys. Heck i wouldn't mind letting them install and tune a supercharger or turbo(s) for a mild tune. Anything radical i will go elsewhere. As said time and time before, its about the tuning.

Yes its hard to find a good shop these days but in Nitrouz's case, its even harder because he's been to many other shops to have his car worked on. I believe one should stick with one shop through out the whole process so if anything were to go wrong there is only one shop to blame unless the shop was totally incompetent to complete the job.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Through all the ups and downs, I'd have to say that Rob and his crew are stand up guys. He's been trying to help me in many other ways than finanacially as well, which would have been lacking from most other shops. From my dealings with him so far, he is a definitely a nice guy. We'll see how it goes after we really find out what's wrong with the block, but so far, he has given me the confidence to think that he'll do the right thing if it comes down to it, even if it's not financially.

To say he's chickin $hit is overboard imo. Maybe you've had different opinions on him through your transactions, but not mine. Yes i do agree that they lack some experience compared to big name shops, as shown with using the popular Arias pistons, but at the end, I'm sure he'll be a stand up guy and do what's right.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

i can't believe noone is even trying to give you pricing at cost to help you out at least.
Even if he is a nice guy, its just greedy from the motor builder in particular not to do this....

GOOD LUCK ALEX!!!!! i hope the project goes on

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 01-03-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Quick Reply: My APS Extreme TT with built motor story...