Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Utec and high hp numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007 | 12:34 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by MRC Motorsports
Ohh...Sexy...

I need to loos about 25 lbs of fat right now to be happy with my looks.Here is a picture of me 2 summers ago at my peak shape..
<-- *shudders* ... needs to find his happy place.
Old 01-16-2007 | 12:34 PM
wtf no turbo

Fight odds, someone had to do it.

Julian vs Alberto-Julian in the big early favorite here 8 to 1 for the mere fact bert is a punk and Julian has guns as a last resort.

MaxZ vs Alberto-With the substantial reach advantage here I have to say Max 5-3

Oldschool vs Gman-Well Gman definitly has the size advantage here but never bet against a Marine. Oldscool 3to2

Dutchboy vs Dutchboy No comment on this but it will be a snoozer.

Sharif vs Turbotim- Have to go with Tim here since he is not scared to tune a UTEC

UTEC vs FCON-Go with the UTEC here and buy a nice 42 plasma for the bedroom with the money you save.
Old 01-16-2007 | 12:36 PM
doug

Originally Posted by wtf no turbo

Julian vs Alberto-Julian in the big early favorite here 8 to 1 for the mere fact bert is a punk and Julian has guns as a last resort.

Oldschool vs Gman-Well Gman definitly has the size advantage here but never bet against a Marine. Oldscool 3to2

Sharif vs Turbotim- Have to go with Tim here since he is not scared to tune a UTEC

UTEC vs FCON-Go with the UTEC here and buy a nice 42 plasma for the bedroom with the money you save.
doug vs maximumsportZ - Doug shoots MaximumsportZ dead
Old 01-16-2007 | 12:38 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Damn my comp is acting up, I saw the outline of video-that dude got smacked hard. Gotta DL a codec or something...
Old 01-16-2007 | 12:46 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by Alberto
2X my weight? Ha-not anytime soon...
"Naturally" it's very tough to do. Once you start getting into low rep high weight workouts your joints start to feel it. My goal was to get four plates on each side (about twice my weight), but everytime I got close my joints just started to feel like I had arthritis.

Dedication is the key and I really don't have much of that right now.
Old 01-16-2007 | 01:07 PM
dutchboy

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:13 PM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Talking

Fixed

And Last but not least ...

Me vs. my junks - lord knows I beat it to death on a constant basis.

Old 01-16-2007 | 01:17 PM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
"Naturally" it's very tough to do. Once you start getting into low rep high weight workouts your joints start to feel it. My goal was to get four plates on each side (about twice my weight), but everytime I got close my joints just started to feel like I had arthritis.

Dedication is the key and I really don't have much of that right now.
Did it 15 years ago when I was 180lbs.(360lbs.) but not now, I'm heavier and too many nagging injuries from years of bodybuilding.
Old 01-16-2007 | 01:22 PM
BrianLG35C

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I am out too! Got to go to the gym and put some more meat on my bones. I'll leave ya'll with some of my motivation. I watch this just before going to the gym everyday. See ya later skinny biatches! LOL

The Blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPr7B3d1eWg
Hey, that's you spotting him, isn't it!
Old 01-16-2007 | 01:38 PM
BlackTuner

Lets chop it up!

I really hate to say it, but any hiccups in the tune part throttle or not they are not due to resolution limitations. I tune both FCON and UTEC, hiccups can be found in both units. If you feeling like you are capable you can always tuned the Z from idle to peak boost. Certain features with the UTEC allow you to be a bit lazy. But lets be honest tuning doesn't stop on the dyno with a flat AFR curve and some high hp numbers. Allowing the factory ecu to still drive the car is an strength as well as a weakness. The strength's of the UTEC is that anyone who has a laptop is willing to play with tuning them CAN, when honestly they probably shouldn’t be touching anything ECU related. So at times you have people who shouldn't be tuning the radio in your car, now they are running around touting the crown. Making an engine management that is as powerful and complicated as the UTEC for a fraction of what you pay for an FCON is just ground breaking. The Retail price of the UTEC is $1049 and if the FCON was accessible to each and every single one of the price ****** on the internet it would either be just as inexpensive or it wouldn't exist.

The biggest feature of the UTEC is that it allows you to keep your factory ecu in the car so you can pass emissions. More than half of the board on the UTEC is devoted to just making sure the car runs without CEL's. It is much more complicated to do that than to just drive the car and give everyone the features that they do not exactly understand or when it comes down to it does not make a big difference in the way the car runs at all.

Those that have tuned the UTEC know is limitations, and tune around them. The UTEC does way to much "reading ahead", and extrapolating, which makes the tune ever more challenging with only 9 load columns to work with. With the FCON, each column represents 1/2 a PSI. On the UTEC scaled to 20psi for high boost, each load column represents more than 2 PSI.
I think the term we are looking for here is interpolating... If you are going to run 20 psi, you can scale the map so you are making best use of the 10 columns. On a Subaru we push over 30 psi, and over 500whp Stock block NO PROBLEMS! All that really matters is RPM and Boost... platform doesn't matter!

Closed Loop and Open Loop AF Feedback (FCON is always learning and making adjustments)
I have played with this feature, it good in theory if you aren't confident in your tuning ability. But most well versed tuners will might use it while on the dyno and turn it off when the customer picks up the vehicle. Why, because the $200 o2 fails/often and any values it learns good or bad are applied to it's map. Which can lead to poor drive ability or a damaged motor. It's a good thing you can set it authority right?

Low Impedance Injectors

Controls large low impedence injectors easily. Our FCON cars wth 1000cc injectors start just like stock...no throttle blipping or user input needed
Yeah, that's great while low impedance injectors are cheap, but you are paying 4k to have the ability to use them. The UTEC does not allow use of them because we want you to be able to revert back to stock very easily. 90% of the customers will already have the proper injectors that are made for the car.

VERY tight overboost fuel cut. No reading ahead.
It's nice when accurate over boost protection gets a bad rap. I think what you mean is there is not a time & psi limit on the over boost function. As we do not allow 1 millisecond of over boosting to keep you from hurting your engine. If your car goes over the limit at all, over boost is enabled.

Jermaine~
www.turboxs.com
301-977-4727

Last edited by BlackTuner; 01-16-2007 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2007 | 01:48 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Don't take this the wrong way and I am not calling you out, but most people that make statements like the one above are just making up an excuse for their lack of discipline to follow a proper diet. Getting the "metro sexual ripped look" if you don't have it naturally is a 24/7 job. No ding dongs and chit like that, and at midnight when your stomach is growling there's no cheating! You take the pain until it's time to eat again and then try to convice yourself about how good that oat meal and those egg whites taste. A very small portion of the population has what it takes to stick with a diet like that where you count every freaking calorie!
I used to have dicipline with eating when I weighed 218 with a 34 waist and benched over 405lbs.But life gets in the way.Working 2 jobs, kids,injuries,ect..Not making excuses, simply admitting that I am way to lazy and lack the dicipline now to do all that..I prefer a maintained look over an overly obsessed look like most bodybuilders have.Just my opinion..I do however admire the hard work it takes to get that ripped, just not within my abilities, or genetics.
Old 01-16-2007 | 01:55 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackTuner
Lets chop it up!

I really hate to say it, but any hiccups in the tune part throttle or not they are not due to resolution limitations. I tune both FCON and UTEC, hiccups can be found in both units. If you feeling like you are capable you can always tuned the Z from idle to peak boost. Certain features with the UTEC allow you to be a bit lazy. But lets be honest tuning doesn't stop on the dyno with a flat AFR curve and some high hp numbers. Allowing the factory ecu to still drive the car is an strength as well as a weakness. The strength's of the UTEC is that anyone who has a laptop is willing to play with tuning them CAN, when honestly they probably shouldn’t be touching anything ECU related. So at times you have people who shouldn't be tuning the radio in your car, now they are running around touting the crown. Making an engine management that is as powerful and complicated as the UTEC for a fraction of what you pay for an FCON is just ground breaking. The Retail price of the UTEC is $1049 and if the FCON was accessible to each and every single one of the price ****** on the internet it would either be just as inexpensive or it wouldn't exist.

The biggest feature of the UTEC is that it allows you to keep your factory ecu in the car so you can pass emissions. More than half of the board on the UTEC is devoted to just making sure the car runs without CEL's. It is much more complicated to do that than to just drive the car and give everyone the features that they do not exactly understand or when it comes down to it does not make a big difference in the way the car runs at all.

I think the term we are looking for here is interpolating... If you are going to run 20 psi, you can scale the map so you are making best use of the 10 columns. On a Subaru we push over 30 psi, and over 500whp Stock block NO PROBLEMS! All that really matters is RPM and Boost... platform doesn't matter!

I have played with this feature, it good in theory if you aren't confident in your tuning ability. But most well versed tuners will might use it while on the dyno and turn it off when the customer picks up the vehicle. Why, because the $200 o2 fails/often and any values it learns good or bad are applied to it's map. Which can lead to poor drive ability or a damaged motor. It's a good thing you can set it authority right?

Yeah, that's great while low impedance injectors are cheap, but you are paying 4k to have the ability to use them. The UTEC does not allow use of them because we want you to be able to revert back to stock very easily. 90% of the customers will already have the proper injectors that are made for the car.

It's nice when accurate over boost protection gets a bad rap. I think what you mean is there is not a time & psi limit on the over boost function. As we do not allow 1 millisecond of over boosting to keep you from hurting your engine. If your car goes over the limit at all, over boost is enabled.

Jermaine~
www.turboxs.com
301-977-4727
Good write up Jermaine, Im glad you posted.. Just to see what some of your dealers are pushing and what others are putting down as inferior, when 2 months ago that all they sold or talked about..Ironic aint it..
Old 01-16-2007 | 01:55 PM
350Z_LEE

Originally Posted by doug
haha dam
Old 01-16-2007 | 01:57 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by 350Z_LEE
Dam, I was supposed to run this customers credit like an hour ago and got sidetracked reading this thread. Good job!

P.S. If I was a buisness owner, I would conduct myself accordingly. Not that I would have got tuned there, SGP is my tuner, but I lost some respect for MRC after reading the threats and all. Pretty unprofessional.

and +1 to Jeremy and shariff too. Seem like 2 good buisness/guys.
Wow, I lost a customer that wont be driving all the way from New Orleans to have me tune his weaksauce procharged car.. Should I close my doors now?
Old 01-16-2007 | 01:58 PM
rocks

I was searching old posts on here the other day and ran across dealers pushing the emanage like it was some rare material or some crap. Then i saw utec pushing, now i see the fcon. I like the utec i just dont like the software and i want cam control. I also want to be able to tune my car with a wideband on the road (without paying someone). The utec cant really be beat for the price and they use it on some crazy high horsepower subarus with no problem. I dont see what the deal is with people saying that it works at 450hp but wont work at 600hp when its doing the exact same thing.
Old 01-16-2007 | 03:04 PM
Oleg

...to have me tune his weaksauce procharged car
Julian, with the love between you and Alberto, it's strange to see you using his favorite word...
Old 01-16-2007 | 03:10 PM
Oleg

Oh, and sorry for the thread highjack...
Old 01-16-2007 | 03:21 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Oleg
Oh, and sorry for the thread highjack...
Anything that involves YOU and the JACKING process, is accepted as standard operating procedures..
Old 01-16-2007 | 04:17 PM
Oleg

Anything that involves YOU and the JACKING process, is accepted as standard operating procedures..
We all like to JACK once in a while...
Old 01-16-2007 | 04:49 PM
maximumsportZ

I love the predictions.

Originally Posted by doug
Only cowards run to their water guns, come on, I'm indian I have bigger guns than you.

Man up so I can drop you on your shoulders.

Quick Reply: Utec and high hp numbers.