Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Utec and high hp numbers.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 11:44 AM
Gman2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
I "tought" him how to change his own oil, I ended up just doing it as he didnt really want to learn, I couldnt comprehend how you could own such a mod'd car and not know how to change your oil. To each their own....
Well besides not knowing how to work on cars, I don't have the patience. The few times I've tried to do my own work I get fustrated with a rusty bolt or some chit and try to beat it off.

I have changed my oil in the past. When I was in the Marines and stationed in Camp Pendleton I use to take my car to the base hobby shop and change the oil and spark plugs myself on my 1985 RX-7. That car was so easy to work on. Lots of space in engine bay!
Old 01-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Nismo350ZRT

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Agreed funny ending, but at least no more arguing. LOL

Funny thing is I use to be happy, but somewhere along the line I developed a bad case of musclerexia. I look in the mirror and see a skinny guy. People around me say I am huge, but I don't think I am that big. In comparison to the normal population I am huge, but I have bodybuilder standards so I constantly focus on what needs improvement and what empty spaces need more mass.
Gman, I thought it was called the Adonis complex? That's what I tell ppl I have.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:49 AM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah changing the oil on this car isn't really super hard, but it's just a PITA to get such a low car up on ramps or jacked up first, then take off the plastic undertray etc before you can even get your hand on the oil filter.

I'm too lazy to do that or at least seems like a drag thinking about doing all that stuff first. I just have it done while it's on the lift getting other work done at my tuner shop and they basically charge me for 15 min of labor aside from the oil that I bring them. I'd still rather do it myself than have a normal oil changing shop or nissan do it

Actually I'd just rather not have some grunt at one of those places trying to figure out how to drive my car into the bay

I love my wife's jeep - it's already lifted high up so you just crawl under there and change the oil. About as easy as it gets

Last edited by sentry65; 01-16-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
Gman, I thought it was called the Adonis complex? That's what I tell ppl I have.
Yes it's called Adonis complex. I like to use musclerexia cause it sounds funny and most people will understand will out having to explain what it means.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by sentry65
yeah changing the oil on this car isn't really super hard, but it's just a PITA to get such a low car up on ramps or jacked up first, then take off the plastic undertray etc before you can even get your hand on the oil filter.

I'm too lazy to do that. I just have it done while it's on the lift getting other work done. I'd still rather do it myself than have a normal oil changing shop or nissan do it and overcharge for labor.

Actually most of it is I'd just rather not have some grunt trying to figure out how to drive my car into the bay
Yeah it's a ***** to change the oil on our cars, but definately not hard. One other thing though WTF do you do with the dirty oil? I rather just bring my oil and filter to a jiffy lube and pay the $15 for them to change it for me so I don't have to deal with cleaning up the mess and throwing away the dirty oil.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:53 AM
Nismo350ZRT

Yes it's called Adonis complex. I like to use musclerexia cause it sounds funny and most people will understand will out having to explain what it means.
LOL. I'm an idiot. I didn't get the word play with anorexia. No doubt it's funnier...I think I'll try it out.
Old 01-16-2007, 11:58 AM
sentry65
the burninator

I dump my oil down the kitchen sink - lol jk

lol nah I put the oil in a canister of some kind and after it's completely full of oil/coolant, etc late at night I leave a gift for a local oil change shop by one of their garage doors. It's actually kinda fun, my wife and I do it as a "hit and run" style - dim the lights etc lol
They ripped me off in the past so I feel no pitty for them, and really probably isn't any extra hassle for them since they store the crap in barrels that they take somewhere

normally you're supposed to take it to a shop and pay a $5 disposal fee
I agree though, it's almost just easier to have a shop do it and not deal with the mess.
I take my celica (daily driver) to shops. That car is a PITA to change just about anything on - especially the air filter. Those engineers need to be slapped or something

Last edited by sentry65; 01-16-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Or you can go to the dump and recylce it for free. I usually put it in empty oil bottles and trash em-I know I know...
Old 01-16-2007, 12:04 PM
EM-EFER

Alright... IAM OUTA THIS THREAD ... I LL LET YOU MEAT HEADS KEEP BUMPIN NAUGHTIES AND TOUCHIN YOURSELF'S WHILE IAM MACKIN ON YOUR HOES
Old 01-16-2007, 12:04 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Originally Posted by Alberto
Or you can go to the dump and recylce it for free. I usually put it in empty oil bottles and trash em-I know I know...
hehe well you're just putting it back where it came from - the ground
Old 01-16-2007, 12:05 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let us all hold hands and sing 'true' from Spandex Ballet.. I'll start..
'So true funny how it seems
always in time, but never in line for dreams.
Head over heels when toe to toe.
This is the sound of my soul,
this is the sound ...'
Old 01-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Havok_RLS2

What the FUKC just happen?

After reading through this damn thread I feel like I've just lost 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back again. And for WHAT?!?!?!

Nothing.

I hate all of you! So there!

sike.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2

What the FUKC just happen?

After reading through this damn thread I feel like I've just lost 30 minutes of my life that I'll never get back again. And for WHAT?!?!?!

Nothing.
You won't those 30 minutes back? Build a mothafuking time machine!

j/k LOL
Old 01-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't take this the wrong way and I am not calling you out, but most people that make statements like the one above are just making up an excuse for their lack of discipline to follow a proper diet. Getting the "metro sexual ripped look" if you don't have it naturally is a 24/7 job. No ding dongs and chit like that, and at midnight when your stomach is growling there's no cheating! You take the pain until it's time to eat again and then try to convice yourself about how good that oat meal and those egg whites taste. A very small portion of the population has what it takes to stick with a diet like that where you count every freaking calorie!

It really comes down to what your goals are. Fighters don't have the body builder look cuz they train like fighters. I was hard into body building for a while. Got ripped in all, but when it was time to train for fighting, your workouts go more toward strength than the way you look. Some have good genes and can have both at the same time. I'm a hard gainer but when I train for strenth and stamina...you gotta have a little fat. Totally ripped...I slow down quicker...gotta little fat in the tank.....I last longer in the ring. Weight class is another variable. If you try and get to or stay in a particular weight class...that puts another twist on your looks. And the way I train to throw down is ALOT harder than BB training....by a long shot -and I use to do 2-a-days hitting 5 exercises per muscle group when BBing (2 muscle groups per visit to the gym).

This is a weird ending to FI thread...have to agree with you Bert.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:20 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by EM-EFER
Alright... IAM OUTA THIS THREAD ... I LL LET YOU MEAT HEADS KEEP BUMPIN NAUGHTIES AND TOUCHIN YOURSELF'S WHILE IAM MACKIN ON YOUR HOES
I am out too! Got to go to the gym and put some more meat on my bones. I'll leave ya'll with some of my motivation. I watch this just before going to the gym everyday. See ya later skinny biatches! LOL

The Blade!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPr7B3d1eWg
Old 01-16-2007, 12:23 PM
350Z_LEE

Dam, I was supposed to run this customers credit like an hour ago and got sidetracked reading this thread. Good job!

P.S. If I was a buisness owner, I would conduct myself accordingly. Not that I would have got tuned there, SGP is my tuner, but I lost some respect for MRC after reading the threats and all. Pretty unprofessional.

and +1 to Jeremy and shariff too. Seem like 2 good buisness/guys.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:25 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by maximumsportZ
Wow this thread was entertaining!

BTW, 6'4" 210 here, who wants some???
you are 6'1 at most.. don't embelish yourself
Old 01-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Ozzie@Hppracing

This thread is funny.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:30 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Z_LEE
Dam, I was supposed to run this customers credit like an hour ago and got sidetracked reading this thread. Good job!

P.S. If I was a buisness owner, I would conduct myself accordingly. Not that I would have got tuned there, SGP is my tuner, but I lost some respect for MRC after reading the threats and all. Pretty unprofessional.

and +1 to Jeremy and shariff too. Seem like 2 good buisness/guys.
quite frankly i don't care of Julian tunes my car in a dress.. if he knows his ****..t hats all that matters.. and his has 100% customer satisfaction... i don't know one other Vendor on this board that has 100% customer satisfaction.. do you? don't worry i will wait..

I would rather put my car in the hands of Julian than the retards in CT.. thats why i drive 4 hours everytime i need any work done. So you can make your assumption based on online personalities and ignore peoples abilities.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:33 PM
Ozzie@Hppracing

Customer Service goes the looongest way in this business. Along with producing cars that run like they are supposed to.

YOU GUYS SHOULD CHILL OUT OR THIS WILL HAPPEN!!!

http://www.filecabi.net/video/trueromslap.html

Quick Reply: Utec and high hp numbers.