Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Greddty TT K&N air filter replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 06:18 PM
Greddytwin350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Some of you remember the old thread where everyone was asking questions and there really wasn't any solid answers. Well, I installed the new filters yesterday and they fit perfect. I would suggest this to everyone with the Greddy kit. Greddy filters FTL! Part # RU-3390, your local autozone can order them for you.
ZU L8R I called and talked to K&N today to discuss what filters I could possibly use for my application. I liked the fitment of the filters you are using. He told me that on my setup up to 9psi that I would be way under cfm's under WOT with the filters you are using. I am having them make me 2 custom filters using the base of this filter. Here is the dimensions:

Base OD: 5.875"
Length/height: 3.75"
Top OD: 5" with an X-Stream top!!!!!!!
Inlet: 2.75"

With this size filter and the X-stream top that put the CFM on the pair around 800cfm. That was good all the way up to 12-13 psi. I gave them my CC # and in 4-6 weeks I should have them! Guys I will post pics of them once I receive them. I will have a scu # with them and if anyone wants to also order them he can simply use it and call K&N and order them to. THIS FILTER SHOULD FIT PERFECTLY AND FLOW AS GOOD AS THE CHEAP FOAMS! PLUS THEY WILL LOOK GREAT! ZU L8R be careful under WOT. I was told the filters you are using only flow like 300 cfm apiece. Thats only 600 as a pair. Thats not enough if you have an aggressive tune. Not trying to sound like a know it all. Just trying to help. Thanks guys for all the info, I love this site! RAM
Old 04-30-2009, 06:35 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay for everyone who is still not sure what will fit and what will not fit. I will tell you right now that the K&N RU-5111 filters fit absoultly perfect. No fitments issues what so ever. And guess what they are only $32 each!
Old 04-30-2009, 06:40 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Greddytwin350Z
ZU L8R I called and talked to K&N today to discuss what filters I could possibly use for my application. I liked the fitment of the filters you are using. He told me that on my setup up to 9psi that I would be way under cfm's under WOT with the filters you are using. I am having them make me 2 custom filters using the base of this filter. Here is the dimensions:

Base OD: 5.875"
Length/height: 3.75"
Top OD: 5" with an X-Stream top!!!!!!!
Inlet: 2.75"

With this size filter and the X-stream top that put the CFM on the pair around 800cfm. That was good all the way up to 12-13 psi. I gave them my CC # and in 4-6 weeks I should have them! Guys I will post pics of them once I receive them. I will have a scu # with them and if anyone wants to also order them he can simply use it and call K&N and order them to. THIS FILTER SHOULD FIT PERFECTLY AND FLOW AS GOOD AS THE CHEAP FOAMS! PLUS THEY WILL LOOK GREAT! ZU L8R be careful under WOT. I was told the filters you are using only flow like 300 cfm apiece. Thats only 600 as a pair. Thats not enough if you have an aggressive tune. Not trying to sound like a know it all. Just trying to help. Thanks guys for all the info, I love this site! RAM
he doesn't need to be careful.. he owns a viper now
Old 05-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Chomorro

Originally Posted by chopperman
Okay for everyone who is still not sure what will fit and what will not fit. I will tell you right now that the K&N RU-5111 filters fit absoultly perfect. No fitments issues what so ever. And guess what they are only $32 each!
Do these receive the required cfm needed? Can you post pics
Old 05-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Dirty Dave

Originally Posted by Chomorro
Do these receive the required cfm needed? Can you post pics
+ 1 need new filters would like to order soon.