Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forced Induction Cooling: Upgraded Fan Results..wow

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
some pay double and get 1/2 the product, with that mentality you need **** lube
I work on my car, WTF have you done but run your mouth? Better yet post a pic of your car, Id like to see what a d!ck like you can put together...
Old 07-19-2007, 02:51 PM
mario23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man...this thread went to hell today!
Do I see a recurring trend here?
I'll say it again...Nice work Sharif.
Looks like a good idea.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:56 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by Alberto
I work on my car, WTF have you done but run your mouth? Better yet post a pic of your car, Id like to see what a d!ck like you can put together...
who needs the vagisil now?in order to salvage whats left of this thread please start a new one....maybe you can call it "i have more posts than you so i must be smarter" again sorry sharif ,but they keep posting
Old 07-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who needs the vagisil now?in order to salvage whats left of this thread please start a new one....maybe you can call it "i have more posts than you so i must be smarter" again sorry sharif ,but they keep posting
as do you, so why dont you all drop it!
Old 07-19-2007, 03:04 PM
go-fast
Banned

dropped
Old 07-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Alberto will drop it too.

Booger, I have been swamped catching up from the Salt Flats run, so I will try to get the wiring directions posted. Aside from the basics of hooking up a pair of relays, the trigger wire to the stock fan is all you need. And I will get that for you.

Like I mentioned earlier, I still havent sorted out how to get the fans to kick in with the AC.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:55 PM
booger

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

Booger, I have been swamped catching up from the Salt Flats run, so I will try to get the wiring directions posted. Aside from the basics of hooking up a pair of relays, the trigger wire to the stock fan is all you need. And I will get that for you.

Like I mentioned earlier, I still havent sorted out how to get the fans to kick in with the AC.
Oh..sorry , I had thought you had it all figured out . Wasnt trying to be pushy
Old 07-19-2007, 07:51 PM
KTaylor

The air being forced through the two openings for the two fans can cool better than the two fans just being mounted on the radiator?

Basically having trouble see why you didnt leave surface out side of the fans open instead of blocking the air flow off and being forced into the fan openings.

Looks great though!
Old 07-19-2007, 07:54 PM
westpak
SFZCC

The fans pull air not push and the shroud helps pull air through the entire radiator as oppossed to just where the fans are if put directly on the radiator, then you would miss the corners and additional space around the fans.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Q45tech

You might find some of these equations useful:
http://www.nmbtech.com/html/fans/eng...ering_101.html

Also knowing the rpm of the operating fan can then allow you to create a back pressure [suction loss] graph.

At zero car speed and at various track speeds to optimize the enclosure.

Unfortunately, unlike computer board fans, large fan don't usually have a tachometer signal lead so you must measure the current pulse [divide by 4 for a 4 pole fan] and use a timer to calculate rpm.

Many of these are off the shelf choices in electronic world.

Some expensive Digital VOM have a rpm function [for measuring engine speed as the points close/open].

Last edited by Q45tech; 07-20-2007 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:31 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Sharif,

The low speed for the stock fans kick in when relays 1 turns on. This should turn on whenever the AC is on. Perhaps you are currently triggering off of relay 2 or 3. See attached pages... Hope it helps.

EDIT: The attached is from the service manual for a 2004 G35 coupe, but I think it should be the same, but don't know that for certain.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EC468-473.pdf (197.7 KB, 321 views)
Old 07-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by rcdash
Sharif,

The low speed for the stock fans kick in when relays 1 turns on. This should turn on whenever the AC is on. Perhaps you are currently triggering off of relay 2 or 3. See attached pages... Hope it helps.

EDIT: The attached is from the service manual for a 2004 G35 coupe, but I think it should be the same, but don't know that for certain.
Sweet....you are exactly correct. The only reason we didnt try, is becuase Jose's car didnt have AC, and we were in a hurry to get to the track.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:00 AM
booger

Originally Posted by rcdash
Sharif,

Thank you....This will do nicely !!!!!!!
Old 07-20-2007, 09:30 AM
KTaylor

Originally Posted by westpak
The fans pull air not push and the shroud helps pull air through the entire radiator as oppossed to just where the fans are if put directly on the radiator, then you would miss the corners and additional space around the fans.
Thanks, well explained.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by westpak
Exactly. Take a look at the stock fan shroud, and it is completely sealed, except for the openings for the fans.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:19 AM
rcdash

Sharif, I sent you a note about using your shroud with the stock fans, but it sounds like that is not worthwhile given that the stock shroud is completely sealed (didn't know that - I only have a service manual to go by since you have my car!).

Thought maybe your shroud design had some magic in it since you were seeing temp reductions even at speed. Perhaps this is due to relative low pressure zones from the pull fans, even at speed...

Thoughts?
Old 07-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

The stock shroud is sealed, except for the area around the OEM fans..just like ours. Chris originally looked at the stock shroud, and the work involved in getting them to fit, didnt seem realistic. And we save a lot of room with the shroud we made...so not even certain the fans would clear with the stock shroud.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:48 AM
rcdash

Got it - thanks - (plz ignore the note I sent you then)
Old 07-20-2007, 11:22 PM
go-fast
Banned

a nice trick for increasing airflow at speed is to add "trap" doors in the corners of the shroud that are normally closed until you can ovecome their resistance with mph.spring loaded is nice but same effect can be had with heavy rubber flapper.you might want to incorporate somthing similiar in your design so that in staights you get full flow ,yet decel and corners it automatically reverts to pulling through fans.
Old 07-21-2007, 08:10 AM
failsafe306

a nice trick for increasing airflow at speed is to add "trap" doors in the corners of the shroud that are normally closed until you can ovecome their resistance with mph.spring loaded is nice but same effect can be had with heavy rubber flapper.you might want to incorporate somthing similiar in your design so that in staights you get full flow ,yet decel and corners it automatically reverts to pulling through fans.
nice

Quick Reply: Forced Induction Cooling: Upgraded Fan Results..wow