Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forced Induction Cooling: Upgraded Fan Results..wow

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 11:05 AM
taurran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ron - I agree, I have no idea who the guy was who was bashing. I was responding to Alberto's attitude that you shouldn't be modding a car if you care about money.

Yeah, but you know how things add up. $100 here $50 there, the next thing you know you're spending $1000 more than you should. That, to me, is a brand new audio receiver, new couch, or a brand new PC. There's a big difference in perspective here.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
I was responding to Alberto's attitude that you shouldn't be modding a car if you care about money.
I didnt say it like that. I said if your complaining about a quality fan shroud that costs $250 then you need to find a new hobby, you pay to play, some like to pay 1/2 and get 1/2 the product then they "laugh" at those that pay for good parts.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:12 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Here lately, every time I come to the FI forums, it feels as if I've stepped foot onto some alternate planet in some far away galaxy in the far stretches of the universe.

Does anyone here not realize, it doesn't matter if Sharif sells this piece for $250, $1,000, or $1,000,000........as a buyer in our economy, the buyer has the choice to buy or not to buy a product. It's really remarkable if you think about it.

You have the choice to buy something. If you want to debate the costs associated with fabricating a custom shroud, have the courtesy and start your own thread and talk to yourself.

I don't think Sharif has a gun pointed at anyone forcing them to buy this product.....especially some noob that's doing nothing more than trolling these forums.

If I were Sharif instead of pointing a gun and making people buy this shroud, I'd point it at the ****'s taking this thread off topic. Oh no....did I say that out loud? See what happens when you step foot into bizzaro world and onto planet "whiny b!tch".
Old 07-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alberto and Taurran, I like both of you guys. And you have perfectly good points. Taurran, you are 100% right, and that I ONLY suggest this shroud to guys that have overheating issues, particularly guys that track their cars. If you 1/4 mile your car, or drive it on the street, you really dont need this fan/shroud setup, although a cooler engine is a happier engine, regardless of use. Our cars are cruising around in the sub 180F range, instead of 200F during the hot summer months.
roncfpz

Ron - I agree, I have no idea who the guy was who was bashing. I was responding to Alberto's attitude that you shouldn't be modding a car if you care about money.

Yeah, but you know how things add up. $100 here $50 there, the next thing you know you're spending $1000 more than you should. That, to me, is a brand new audio receiver, new couch, or a brand new PC. There's a big difference in perspective here.
Completely understood and valid. It's all relative, $1000 for some is lunch money, not me. Let's let the market decide if the price is too high or not. Mr. go-fast (and others) could have left it at that.
taurran

Originally Posted by Alberto
I didnt say it like that. I said if your complaining about a quality fan shroud that costs $250 then you need to find a new hobby, you pay to play, some like to pay 1/2 and get 1/2 the product then they "laugh" at those that pay for good parts.
Sure, you get what you pay for.

But that's not the absolute rule 100% of the time. People seem to follow that blindly here.

Note: I'm not saying this in relation to Shops or anthing, or even this shrould. Just parts in general. We're well off topic now.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:15 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

So Back On Topic!!!

When Can We See More Pics Of This Installed On The Car?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:17 AM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Here lately, every time I come to the FI forums, it feels as if I've stepped foot onto some alternate planet in some far away galaxy in the far stretches of the universe.

Does anyone here not realize, it doesn't matter if Sharif sells this piece for $250, $1,000, or $1,000,000........as a buyer in our economy, the buyer has the choice to buy or not to buy a product. It's really remarkable if you think about it.

You have the choice to buy something. If you want to debate the costs associated with fabricating a custom shroud, have the courtesy and start your own thread and talk to yourself.

I don't think Sharif has a gun pointed at anyone forcing them to buy this product.....especially some noob that's doing nothing more than trolling these forums.

If I were Sharif instead of pointing a gun and making people buy this shroud, I'd point it at the ****'s taking this thread off topic. Oh no....did I say that out loud? See what happens when you step foot into bizzaro world and onto planet "whiny b!tch".
You stated it better than I, Robin.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:19 AM
taurran

You're off base if you're referring to me. I could care less what Sharif charges for it. I know if people need and want it, they will buy. It's more about the attitude of looking down on anyone who pays less that I was responding to.

Trying to turn it into a shop vs shop debate was completely uncalled for...

Besides, any type of bump to this thread is of benefit to Sharif. It keeps the product at the top of the forum listing..
Old 07-19-2007, 11:19 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Taurran, you are 100% right, and that I ONLY suggest this shroud to guys that have overheating issues, particularly guys that track their cars. If you 1/4 mile your car, or drive it on the street, you really dont need this fan/shroud setup, although a cooler engine is a happier engine, regardless of use. Our cars are cruising around in the sub 180F range, instead of 200F during the hot summer months.
being that its 118º and really dry outside right now... i think a lot of cars here experience temps like if they were on the track probably lol
Old 07-19-2007, 11:23 AM
buzzardmountain

Originally Posted by roncfpz
You stated it better than I, Robin.
Jesus Christ.....have I lost my mind?

Some people will never be happy. He could charge $20 for this and I swear to god....someone would b!tch that it wasn't $10......

As a business owner myself....some people will never be satisfied.

Don't like the product? Don't buy it.....

Don't like the price? Don't buy it....

Don't like the way it's welded? Don't buy it.....

Don't know if it's a benefit? Don't buy it.....

It's your money......spend your money.....don't try to spend someone elses. I have a sense there's a Democrat or two in these forums.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:29 AM
roncfpz

I have a sense there's a Democrat or two in these forums.

Noooooooooooooooo! They'll want me to pay for their parts.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:30 AM
taurran

Jesus Christ.....have I lost my mind?

Some people will never be happy. He could charge $20 for this and I swear to god....someone would b!tch that it wasn't $10......

As a business owner myself....some people will never be satisfied.

Don't like the product? Don't buy it.....

Don't like the price? Don't buy it....

Don't like the way it's welded? Don't buy it.....

Don't know if it's a benefit? Don't buy it.....

It's your money......spend your money.....don't try to spend someone elses. I have a sense there's a Democrat or two in these forums.
Actually, price in general does matter. That's what MIAPLAYA was getting at in his large post. You're absolutely right, but ignoring the big picture.

Anyway, I think you're the only one still arguing anything..........
Old 07-19-2007, 11:30 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Noooooooooooooooo! They'll want me to pay for their parts.

ok now its seriously getting OTed
Old 07-19-2007, 11:33 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

Yeah, good thing Sharif doens't have a gun...

... or does he?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:36 AM
roncfpz

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

Sharif can offer 2 shrouds; the Democrat and the Republican shroud.

The Democrat shroud is free and is paid for from tax dollars from the wealthy.

The Republican shroud is $250 but you get a tax deduction for the cost.

See, now we are all happy.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:36 AM
buzzardmountain

Anyway, I think you're the only one still arguing anything..........
Okay.....I apologize.....you were still trying to "argue"/make a point at the 3:14 mark.

The post you quoted of mine was at 3:23...........guess I'm 9 minutes late.

Maybe I type too slow.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:39 AM
buzzardmountain

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GhzOD1amluc
Old 07-19-2007, 11:51 AM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
The honest truth is that every community thinks "their" parts are over priced. This sentiment is as old as cars. I have to admit when I bought my Z and started looking at parts prices I was floored. I went from the SE-R crowd where an intake was $100 to the Z where JUST THE POP CHARGER was $100. Exhaust prices for a full catback were $500 MAX and here good luck with that search. But its a side affect of the owners and vendors in the end. The higher you go up the food chain in vehicle costs the more income (obviously) owners have to spend on parts. The industry isn't stupid. They are going to price accordingly. You go market a $7,000 turbo kit to the Hyundai crowd and they are going to laugh in your face. Here its damn near standard. Granted some parts are going to cost more. R&D costs, quality, etc are all going to come into play. The difference between the Z and other communities is that even today the Z is a relative newb in aftermarket parts. We are struggling to find more then one full stand alone thats truely reliable while other cars have 5-10 available. Because of that people producing parts HAVE to charge more because they are breaking new ground. Development costs money and its going to be reflected in the finished goods price. In 10 years the Z will be much more like Honda, 240, SE-R crowd and parts will be cheaper as the age and income segment for the Z will move down and people won't be willing to pay these prices. Additionally manufacturers will begin copying what was successful in the past and then selling it for cheaper. Why? Because they didn't have to spend a dime on R&D. It was paid for them by the company they are copying. That in the end is what drives prices so low in other communities. The standard for reliable quality parts was set long ago by other companies and while they made their R&D money back copy cat parts showed up and the original companies have to lower their prices to compete. In the end I still feel the Z community is just a bit inflated on pricing for certain items. I haven't seen prices drop since I've been here on pretty much anything. Quality and reliability have improved for sure but the price point has remained. I would expect the trend to continue for some time. Eventually the VQ like the small block 350 and B series motors before it will become an open book and parts prices will have to drop as copy cats start running around. Until then I don't mind paying top dollar for quality parts because I don't own my car 10 years from now I own it today. But there must be a limit to what everyone finds reasonable. If you feel the cost for the part is unwarranted find another one. If you can make your own thats just as effective good, do it. But if you can't make it, and you can't find a reasonable alternative then pay to play. Speed is money, how fast do you want to go?
your a mind reader ,well put ,but we dont want copycats we want refiners
Old 07-19-2007, 12:02 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Spoken like a seasoned CFP.

Quick Reply: Forced Induction Cooling: Upgraded Fan Results..wow