Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?
View Poll Results: If had money, Turbo for Z or ZO6 down payement?
Turbo The Z
47.42%
Put it towards a Vette
37.32%
Neither, save money for different car
15.26%
Voters: 426. You may not vote on this poll

If had money, Turbo for Z or ZO6 down payement?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 06:57 PM
JdMfREaK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how bout a z06 TT lol aps makes a kit , no but serious im one to love my Z but bone stock 500 breaking hps is ****ING nice and i could imagine how sexy
Old 09-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ktown z
When you mod a car it never drives like oem! There are headaches everywhere you look and you are always adusting things (if your **** like me). For the price I paid to get everything done to my car I could have paid off a new Z06. I love my Z to death but would rather have a ZO6 IMO.
I agree with your statement totally!!!
Old 09-06-2007, 02:33 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by DDS_RACER
Is this line supposed to be funny!?

Assuming your guess was validated through an accurate pole, it would only hold true with regards to FI 350z's WITHOUT forged engines. I have defined and stated numerous times already, we are basing this discussion around TT 350z's with BUILT engines.

It's the only way a 350z can beat a Z06, duh!
lol @ the fact that you missed my whole point. Obviously, many cars can be made faster than another much faster car as long as the person the finances. My whole point is just the fact that VERY little FI 350Z's have the potential to outrun a stock 350Z. Face it, not many of the FI 350Z's aren't pushing 500+rwhp nor are the majority of FI 350Z's built. That's my whole point.

BTW, where did you get your 1 in 10 result from? Did you in fact take a poll or a random sampling? Have you ever taken a stat course before....probably not b/c if you did you would know better then to announce something that isn't backed with fact. You would also know that alot of time and money goes into getting accurate statistics which are derived from complex probability formulas, expensive poles, distribution/sampling, and techniques for the collection and analysis of data. In other words, your 1 in 10 guess is really pretty hysterical. It's not what you think, it's what you can prove.
Take a look at most FI threads in here. How many of them are pushing 500+ rwhp on built engines? Once again, im being realistic. If you like, how about you make a poll? I'm really not going to spend my time on something im already sure of. Even more, we are on an enthusiast forum. More people will be pushing higher HP here than in the general FI population outside of this forum. 9/10 is something of an educated guess for ALL forced induction 350Z's. If I were a little more conservative, I would say 8/10

WE HAVE ALREADY ESTABLISHED THIS. A twin turbo 350z on a built engine can definitely make over 520 whp (on high-boost) and beat up a Z06. I'm not concerned with how many Z's you think a z06 can beat. I'm trying to inform the OP of the potential he has with his car so that during his decision-making he can weigh all his options. And the fact that only a handful of Z's can beat a Z06 is actually advantageous for us... since the Z is looked upon as the underdog we have the element of surprise going in.
We are on completely different pages. I never said a 350Z can't out accelerate a stock C6 Z06. My whole point was that not many have the ability to do so. Which you in return stated you weren't concerned about.

I am being realistic. To think that a 350z with $25-30k in pure racing mods will not outperform a stock Z06 is entirely unrealistic.
I'm sure a 350Z with 25-30K in mods will out accelerate a C6 Z06. But then again, when & where did I ever state that a 350Z with 25-30k in mods would not out accelerate a C6 Z06?

You're changing the topic -- the stock Z06 has been emphasized this whole time. Too many variables once you start adding in what a modded Z06 can do. That is a separate discussion all together.
True, the discussion was about a highly modded 350Z against a stock C6 Z06. But a set of slicks to help the C6 Z06 with traction, a big issue for that car, wouldn't hurt

We accounted for this in the equation (~10%). You obviously did not read very carefully.
No personal offense intended what so ever, but I think you better go back and re-read my points. Because your point has nothing to do with my point. Whereas I was speaking on the likely hood (in quanties) of a TT/ST 350Z, in general, of beating the C6 Z06 were low, you are speaking of potential. Out of all the TT/ST 350Z's out there, not many will beat a C6 Z06. But I'm sure there are a number of members here who can potentially outpace a C6 Z06.

Never said it would be an easy task. But then again that's why God created reputable shops like GTM and Forged.
Thank you for going back to my point That was exactly my whole claim in my previous post.

And yes, Forged and GTM are the right places for such highly modded VQ's

PS. Don't take anything personal or offensive. You were just on a different page than I was; completely different claims.

---

To the OP, goodluck with your decision. Either way, you're going to have a fun car!

Old 09-06-2007, 02:57 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why does everyone's FI Z need to be faster than a Z06 in the first place?

Just about every single one of us could have bought a used C5 or Z06 when we bought our brand new 350Z. What stopped us?

For me, it was that I like the Z. As much of a better deal that the vette would have been, it just didn't appeal to me. Most FI people just want more power from their favorite affordable non-exotic car. There's always going to be a faster car though

If people are so concerned about beating Z06's, then there's other cheaper options out there to do it, but we all chose the Z/G
Old 09-06-2007, 04:53 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by sentry65
why does everyone's FI Z need to be faster than a Z06 in the first place?

Just about every single one of us could have bought a used C5 or Z06 when we bought our brand new 350Z. What stopped us?

For me, it was that I like the Z. As much of a better deal that the vette would have been, it just didn't appeal to me. Most FI people just want more power from their favorite affordable non-exotic car. There's always going to be a faster car though

If people are so concerned about beating Z06's, then there's other cheaper options out there to do it, but we all chose the Z/G

Good point. The only reason I even talked about the subject was because I had to reply to something I disagreed on.

Anyhow, we can't compare out VQ's to supercar level, no matter if we mod them to mimic such performance.

Too bad most of us can't afford a C6 Z06

PS. Can't really compare the C5 to a C6 in terms of value, especially a C6 Z06.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Zexy

Originally Posted by skaterbasist

no matter if we mod them to mimic such performance.
Performance wise? I disagree.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Zexy

Too bad most of us can't afford a C6 Z06

Not all of us have 100k + incomes. Be happy and thankful with what you can afford and mod.
Old 09-06-2007, 04:57 PM
skaterbasist

Originally Posted by Zexy
Performance wise? I disagree.
I think you mis-interpreted my point.

If we mod a 350Z to be as fast or faster than a C6 Z06, does that make it comparable? If we mod a C6 Z06 to be as fast or faster to a Saleen S7, does that make it comparable?

I think not

Old 09-08-2007, 04:26 PM
DDS_RACER

Obviously, many cars can be made faster than another much faster car as long as the person the finances.
What's obvious here is that you need some serious help in establishing a good sentence.

Face it, not many of the FI 350Z's aren't pushing 500+rwhp nor are the majority of FI 350Z's built.

pssst ....you used a double negative and your sentence actually reads: "Face it, many of the FI 350z's are pushing 500+rwhp..."

Who says we don't need no education.

My whole point is just the fact that VERY little FI 350Z's have the potential to outrun a stock 350Z.

This may sound crazy, but shouldn't the FI Z be faster than the stock Z?

You meant ZO6?? Oh well then your "whole point" is still "VERY little" intelligent since you were discussing "potential."

Also, did they teach you "VERY little" in school? pssst here's another grammar tip: it's "very few" not "very little."

But then again, when & where did I ever state that a 350Z with 25-30k in mods would not out accelerate a C6 Z06?
You didn't. The going rate on a fully built 350z is roughly around $25-30k. I was counting on you to make that connection. I guess my expectations were too high.

Take a look at most FI threads in here. How many of them are pushing 500+ rwhp on built engines?
hahahaaha Here we go again.... we beat this point to a pulp earlier in the thread, but I'll clarify it once more since you're special:

A twin turbo 350z on a built engine can definitely make over 520 whp (on high-boost) and beat up a Z06. I'm not concerned with how many Z's you think a z06 can beat. I'm trying to inform the OP of the potential he has with his car so that during his decision-making he can weigh all his options.
And because you are so special I'll even repost what Gurgen wrote:

Originally Posted by Gurgen
The G35/Z is truly not a slouch either though... just look at the numerous shouts, especially the last G37 one...and trust me, an FI upgrade to a current VQ35DE would put one in that territory easily.
You see Skater, it doesn't take much to push an FI Z on a built platform into the "500+ club". The fact that I have to explain something so obvious makes me wonder if you're not related to the OP who started the thread "What turns on the 2007 front lights" ...

https://my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/299859-what-turns-on-the-2007-front-bumper-lights.html

Once again, im being realistic. If you like, how about you make a poll? I'm really not going to spend my time on something im already sure of.
Sure, this way I can waste MY time proving/disproving a fictional number you pulled out of your ***.

9/10 is something of an educated guess for ALL forced induction 350Z's. If I were a little more conservative, I would say 8/10
"Educated" guess? And you have clearly demonstrated the extent of your education based off what? The details of your grammar skills?!

As I've stated before, it's not what you think, it's what you can prove. Everything on this thread has either been proven with straigtforward math (ie Gurgen's calculations) or backed up with fact.

Out of all the TT/ST 350Z's out there, not many will beat a C6 Z06. But I'm sure there are a number of members here who can potentially outpace a C6 Z06.
NEWSFLASH everybody: Skater now believes there are members here that can outpace a ZO6 with their FI Z's!!!

Wait a second. I'm confused. Didn't he just state:

Take a look at most FI threads in here. How many of them are pushing 500+ rwhp on built engines?
-AND-

not many of the FI 350Z's aren't pushing 500+rwhp
Skater, if we ignore your double negative, and if "not many of the FI 350z's are pushing 500 +whp", how the hell can a "number of members" with their FI Z's beat a Z06?!?!

Skater, overall your statements sound pretty ridiculous not to mention hysterical. BTW, you really need to proofread your posts, half the crap you write I end up having to correct. Despite the fact that people will never take your remarks seriously, I would encourage you to carry on and keep posting because you give us all a good laugh on here. And just so we're clear, my comments to you, well, nothing personal <---------sound familiar?

Still laughing....

Last edited by DDS_RACER; 09-11-2007 at 05:28 PM.