Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My unenviable experience concerning BuiltZMotors

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:09 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mforrest100
I like what I see going on with MRC as well, but the biggest factor is the warranty, which they do not offer.
Mike
MRC's warranty is the same as FP .. they are both direct distributers of GTM Engines.. if you order an Engine from GTM or where ever they get them from.. and something goes wrong with the engine.. MRC is not going to leave you standing with your d!ck in your hand telling you no .. its GTM's problem. The main issue here is that people need to get everything done at the same shop.. Install and Tune..

problem with this story is..

Todd Built the Engine
Don Installed it
Some shop in AZ tried to Tune it
Sam Tore the engine down

too many points of failure here..

if you go to FP or MRC .. their is one single point of failure.. FP or MRC ..
Old 08-10-2007, 09:10 AM
Gman2004

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taurran
He called around to every shop and passed the word around, which eventually made it to Gman who was told to come on here and call Chris/Jeremy out.
I was orginally informed by doug through pm's. I pm'd doug cause he gave the impression he knew something was going on. A few days later (without investigating) I was told by someone else. I know you don't t believe me, but no one asked me to post, I did so on my on own free will.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:11 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by Gman2004
I was orginally informed by doug through pm's. I pm'd doug cause he gave the impression he knew something was going on. A few days later (without investigating) I was told by someone else. I know you don't t believe me, but no one asked me to post, I did so on my on own free will.
Ok, well, that's another issue entirely which I don't care to argue at length. I didn't meant to take this discussion too far off base.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:12 AM
doug

Doug, it's 3rd party information. There were only 3 people that knew everything that was going on, and only one that let any out. That's how it happened.
let me break some stuff down for you..

My Information:

My information was built purely on speculation..

- the guy from Orlando came online and posted Chris blew his motor - Nothing to do with Todd
- seem strange to me that Chris just got his car back and was enjoying the power and took it back already - Nothing to do with Todd
- chris said he was waiting on JT to tune it with the FCon even though JT wasn't going for training in 2 weeks - Nothing to do with Todd

GMan's Confirmation:

- GMan's confirmation was from another vendor on this forum who i won't name - Nothing to do with Todd
Old 08-10-2007, 09:13 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by doug
MRC's warranty is the same as FP .. they are both direct distributers of GTM Engines.. if you order an Engine from GTM or where ever they get them from.. and something goes wrong with the engine.. MRC is not going to leave you standing with your d!ck in your hand telling you no .. its GTM's problem. The main issue here is that people need to get everything done at the same shop.. Install and Tune..

problem with this story is..

Todd Built the Engine
Don Installed it
Some shop in AZ tried to Tune it
Sam Tore the engine down

too many points of failure here..

if you go to FP or MRC .. their is one single point of failure.. FP or MRC ..
I know that's the root problem and I agree. The only reason I see for anyone to order an engine from a mail order engine building business is if you lived in the middle of BFE and had no major shop to build, install, and complete all the work.

That's how these messes happen, and that's the reason no one wants to take full responsiblity.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:13 AM
Gman2004

actually you are wrong.. Gman's information had nothing to do with Todd.. it came from two sources.. 1 of which was myself.. and the other GMan can choose to disclose if he wants..

+1. I've met Todd twice in person. Once at CP race several years ago and sometime last year at Forged. Todd never asked me to post anything, in fact I haven't talked with him since I was at Forged last year.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:14 AM
Nismo350ZRT

You will never have all the facts. The only people that have those are the direct parties involved. I'm basing my opinion on the character of the individuals and shops involved. Take it for what it's worth. I don't trust Todd or BZM.

Trust me the phone calls happen. There's a network of shops that partake in this forum business and if anything happens, calls go out. Some shops choose to take part in this forum discussion, some don't.
You're opinioin is horribly biased. Since you're not posting up the actual PM then we can assume you are lying and spreading gossip.
taurran

- GMan's confirmation was from another vendor on this forum who i won't name - Nothing to do with Todd
Another vendor which recieved information from Todd, and with an agenda. Yes...
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the threatening PM, Todd.
So, are you going to post the PM Todd sent you?

This forum is equivalent of a male soap opera...
Old 08-10-2007, 09:15 AM
doug

I know that's the root problem and I agree. The only reason I see for anyone to order an engine from a mail order engine building business is if you lived in the middle of BFE and had no major shop to build, install, and complete all the work.

That's how these messes happen, and that's the reason no one wants to take full responsiblity.
just so you know.. that post was directed to Mforrest when he said MRC didn't have a warranty.. just wanted to be clear on that
Old 08-10-2007, 09:15 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
You're opinioin is horribly biased. Since you're not posting up the actual PM then we can assume you are lying and spreading gossip.
Go ahead and assume that. That's your prerogative.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:16 AM
doug

Another vendor which recieved information from Todd, and with an agenda. Yes...
actually no.. the information came from PF .. and i am done.. thats all i can say without violating GMan's confidence.

/Chris Motor Situation
Old 08-10-2007, 09:16 AM
doug

Originally Posted by Philthy
So, are you going to post the PM Todd sent you?

This forum is equivalent of a male soap opera...
yes Phil and you know you are loving it

i don't know what makes my day go by faster.. writing code.. or reading the drama in the F/I Forum.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:20 AM
Philthy
Boost Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes Phil and you know you are loving it

i don't know what makes my day go by faster.. writing code.. or reading the drama in the F/I Forum.
Yes, I must say it does make the day go by faster... Now where's that PM?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:24 AM
taurran

actually no.. the information came from PF .. and i am done.. thats all i can say without violating GMan's confidence.

/Chris Motor Situation
I'll just say that when the engine builder immediately jumps on an issue and points fingers at tuning/shop problems rather than taking an objective mindset to fix a problem, it doesn't exactly breed confidence in that vendor's willingness to help. This happened in both of these circumstances.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:26 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Todd msg'd me saying Jeremy called him and "told" Todd to make me stfu. Obviously this isn't the complete truth as Jeremy doesn't give a sh*t about forum drama and really wants no part of it, nor do I speak on his behalf.

The truth about it is that Todd has been calling around to all the shops (FP, PF, MRC, etc) trying to get them to log on here and back him up against GTM.

Just another lie on his part, and a big reason why I haven't believed the story he's telling. He did the same thing when he heard Chris was having issues with his motor. He called around to every shop and passed the word around, which eventually made it to Gman who was told to come on here and call Chris/Jeremy out.

He's really just a gossip ***** and will do anything to defame whoever has a complaint with his work. I have a good feeling the reason why Don/GTM weren't comfortable sending him the motor is because they did not trust him to be truthful with a breakdown/analysis. Todd is the type of person that would lie or do anything to save face on the forums, including lying about it being a tuning issue or dropping in a bent valve.

They'd rather just deal with working around the "warranty" he offers and they tried to get an unbiased analysis of the motor. Now BZM is trying to be the "good guy" by offering a warranty that he never intended on honoring before, and is bashing GTM in the process to save his rep.

This is all about reputation, no mistakes here, and a shop that will do anything and everything to maintain it (BZM). I have every reason to believe that GTM IS telling the truth and trying to help Don in every way. They have enough business that they don't need to lie about it. I have no reason to believe otherwise.

/case

edit: fixed typo
WHAT?????? I called Jeremy yesterday to make sure he and I were on good terms, because after the whole bearing issue on Chris' setup, I though Jeremy and I had squared everything away, I sent him a crank, set of bearings and Jeremy rebuilt the engine and had the exact same issue the second time around absolving me from any error.

I called Jeremy to make sure he didn't have any hard feelings and he simply said that you, Tauran are always putting in comments where they are not welcome, and that you instigate and try to provoke drama, that's all....

Juilian: have I contacted you in any way?
Sharif: I forwarded him JoeDirt's pm to me to get his opinion of the situation, he'm my friend and I trust his feedback...

as far as the others... who have I contacted here..pls speak out....

In reality, I have been contacted by many by pm, telling me they support what I am doing, that they are behind me, unsolicited.

I just got another pm from you Tauran: calling me a liar, saying I've fooled everyone... what is your problem? If you have some personal grudge against me, call me up and we'll sort it out. Don't post blatant lies on a forum continuing this drama. GROW UP

TODD
Old 08-10-2007, 09:27 AM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by Gman2004
+1. I've met Todd twice in person. Once at CP race several years ago and sometime last year at Forged. Todd never asked me to post anything, in fact I haven't talked with him since I was at Forged last year.

I was racking my brain trying to think if I ever spoke with you as well, I start to hear others' lies and think I'm going crazy. Thanks for validating that Tauran is full of it.

-TODD
Old 08-10-2007, 09:28 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
WHAT?????? I called Jeremy yesterday to make sure he and I were on good terms, because after the whole bearing issue on Chris' setup, I though Jeremy and I had squared everything away, I sent him a crank, set of bearings and Jeremy rebuilt the engine and had the exact same issue the second time around absolving me from any error.

I called Jeremy to make sure he didn't have any hard feelings and he simply said that you, Tauran are always putting in comments where they are not welcome, and that you instigate and try to provoke drama, that's all....

Juilian: have I contacted you in any way?
Sharif: I forwarded him JoeDirt's pm to me to get his opinion of the situation, he'm my friend and I trust his feedback...

as far as the others... who have I contacted here..pls speak out....

In reality, I have been contacted by many by pm, telling me they support what I am doing, that they are behind me, unsolicited.

I just got another pm from you Tauran: calling me a liar, saying I've fooled everyone... what is your problem? If you have some personal grudge against me, call me up and we'll sort it out. Don't post blatant lies on a forum continuing this drama. GROW UP

TODD
Pot/kettle/black.

I've only sent you one PM, in reply to your original "jeremy called me" PM. (the one I referred to in my post)

You just proved you lied about Jeremy calling you by stating you called him. Who's lying?
Old 08-10-2007, 09:30 AM
taurran

I was racking my brain trying to think if I ever spoke with you as well, I start to hear others' lies and think I'm going crazy. Thanks for validating that Tauran is full of it.

-TODD
Well, you certainly speak to other shops. You're playing nothing but a tit-for-tat game here, Todd. If you were seriously interested in being the better man here you'd just ignore this and do the right thing.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Gman2004

-TODD
How could you forget our little drive in my car on I-75 doing 140+mph? Remember that Mustang that rev'ed on us. Although that didn't really happen in real life it was just a dream I had.

Quick Reply: My unenviable experience concerning BuiltZMotors