Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Haltec help

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 12:34 AM
tyrone coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haltec help

Hi,

I need the wiring diagrame for the Haltec or please indicate which pin for external boost control solenoid and what colour is the Wire.

For launch control B12 ,what coulour?

I did serch but could not find the info.

Thanks
Old 01-29-2008, 03:00 AM
sa@lol

A** Ext Map Sensor: The 4 wide connector is for an external map sensor. The unit comes with an internal 2.5bar map sensor (supports up to 22psi of boost). If you are going over that, you will need to use an external MAP sensor.
1. Sensor ground
2. MAP signal
3. +5v

B** Boost control solenoid: The two free wires (black/blue) are for connecting a boost control solenoid. The wires are interchangeable, so there is no +/- to be concerned with.

** Air temp sensor:
The oem MAF contains the stock air temp sensor; removing the MAF requires the addition of an air temp sensor by making the following changes:

1. The new air temp sensor will have two wires - they are interchangeable.
C20 - Cut wire and run one lead from the air temp sensor in here.
C16 - Do not cut- attach other air temp sensor lead to this wire.

2. Calibrate the new air temp sensor under Calibrations:Air Temp Sensor

** AFR Sensor:
To use an external wideband with the Haltech.
1. Cut the existing wire and terminate the wire side that is not attached to the Haltech. Attach the wire from the wideband analog out, to the remaining wire running to the Haltech as follows:
Wideband #1 ---> Haltech Pin C7
Wideband #2 ---> Haltech Pin C9
2. Calibrate the Haltech software the same as the wideband analog out.
Attached Thumbnails Haltec help-untitled.jpg   Haltec help-haltech-platinum-350z-b12-reve-ecu-connector-092007.jpg  

Last edited by sa@lol; 01-29-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:03 AM
sa@lol

Sorry i forget about the launch control. I'll get the color for you when i go home but i think it's black.

Thanks to Hal for all of the above info.
Old 01-29-2008, 03:48 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Great info - thanks for sharing. Is pin 11 below pin 10 or below pin 1 in the above diagram? Pins 1, 11, and 23 should all be stacked in a column for connector C if it follows standard numbering scheme... (just confirming; and 1, 7, and 18 should be stacked for connectors B and A)

Last edited by rcdash; 01-29-2008 at 03:53 AM.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:04 AM
sa@lol

Originally Posted by rcdash
Great info - thanks for sharing. Is pin 11 below pin 10 or below pin 1 in the above diagram? Pins 1, 11, and 23 should all be stacked in a column for connector C if it follows standard numbering scheme... (just confirming; and 1, 7, and 18 should be stacked for connectors B and A)

Pin 11 below pin 1.

So its 1, 7, 18 for connector A. 1, 7, 17 for connector B and 1, 11, 23 for connector C. Hope i help.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:29 AM
rcdash

Perfect - thanks.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:59 AM
tyrone coupe

You are a life saver man Thanks.

To set the launch control do we have to splice into the wiring loom and split the wire to pin B12?
Old 01-29-2008, 05:20 AM
sa@lol

Originally Posted by tyrone coupe
You are a life saver man Thanks.

To set the launch control do we have to splice into the wiring loom and split the wire to pin B12?

Yes. basically you need to put a switch in there to open the ground circuit.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI: You can use the MAP sensor connector for the WB which means you don't need to cut anything. Haltech will need to modify the map for you so that input is now for the WB. (This means you cannot run an external MAP sensor but if you are never going to exceed the 22psi then this would be a better option)
Old 02-19-2008, 02:46 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MR RIZK
FYI: You can use the MAP sensor connector for the WB which means you don't need to cut anything. Haltech will need to modify the map for you so that input is now for the WB. (This means you cannot run an external MAP sensor but if you are never going to exceed the 22psi then this would be a better option)
I would not suggest this to the public, as it has to be handled on a one-by-one basis and gets all different versions of maps circulating.

Also, it is much more likely someone will need to upgrade to a larger map sensor down the road than them wanting to switch back to reading off of the stock o2 sensors.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:50 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by sa@lol
** AFR Sensor:
To use an external wideband with the Haltech.
1. Cut the existing wire and terminate the wire side that is not attached to the Haltech. Attach the wire from the wideband analog out, to the remaining wire running to the Haltech as follows:
Wideband #1 ---> Haltech Pin C7
Wideband #2 ---> Haltech Pin C9
2. Calibrate the Haltech software the same as the wideband analog out.
One other thing to note: if you will only be using 1 wideband, wire it into both #1 and #2. This is required for o2 feedback to work, as it reads and corrects specific to the wideband for each side. So, here are some modified instructions:

Widebands - Aftermarket
To use 1 aftermarket wideband:
1. Cut wires C7 and C9 coming from Haltech ECU. Attach the aftermarket wideband analog out wire to the remaining wires going into the Haltech ECU C7 + C9.
2. Calibrate the new sensors under Calibrations:Lambda Sensor 1 and 2

To use 2 aftermarket widebands:
1. Cut wire C7 coming from Haltech ECU for wideband bank 1. Attach wideband bank 1 to the remaining wire going into the Haltech ECU C7.
2. Cut wire C9 coming from Haltech ECU for wideband bank 2. Attach wideband bank 2 to the remaining wire going into the Haltech ECU C9.
3. Calibrate the new sensors under Calibrations:Lambda Sensor 1 and 2
Old 02-24-2008, 07:10 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

this information was not in the manual..I was looking for it all night..lol
Old 02-24-2008, 07:29 AM
rcdash

1. Is anyone using O2 feedback during boost? The stock widebands seem to work pretty well in the 13-15 range (low load).

2. What's the advantage of getting new widebands, other than being more accurate as the AFR dips below 13?

3. With new widebands, is it advisable to set target AFRs across all load sites? (My understanding was that this was "tricky").

4. Can stock O2 sensors be replaced to increase accuracy for the richer parts of the map - or is it the stock ECU electronics that cause the inaccuracy?

5. I have a single aftermarket wideband and the readings from side to side vary minimally. Is there any advantage of getting two widebands - perhaps as a failsafe (i.e. will the Haltech recognize that 1 is way off and not use it or at least signal an alert of some kind - that would be cool)?

Last edited by rcdash; 02-24-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rcdash
1. Is anyone using O2 feedback during boost? The stock widebands seem to work pretty well in the 13-15 range (low load).

2. What's the advantage of getting new widebands, other than being more accurate as the AFR dips below 13?

3. With new widebands, is it advisable to set target AFRs across all load sites? (My understanding was that this was "tricky").

4. Can stock O2 sensors be replaced to increase accuracy for the richer parts of the map - or is it the stock ECU electronics that cause the inaccuracy?

5. I have a single aftermarket wideband and the readings from side to side vary minimally. Is there any advantage of getting two widebands - perhaps as a failsafe (i.e. will the Haltech recognize that 1 is way off and not use it or at least signal an alert of some kind - that would be cool)?
1. I would be careful using o2 feedback during boost, and definitely would not do it using the stock widebands.

2. I believe you answered your own question, aftermarket widebands are calibrated to read accurately below 13:1, 12:1, 11:1 AFR The stock ones get very sporadic below 12 to 12.5:1

3. I am not sure what is so tricky about this, but again see #1 - use caution when using o2 feedback in boost. Make sure your base tune is good to begin with.

4. The stock heater circuits are the problem, so you would need to add new wideband sensors with controllers, such as your standard AEM UEGO or innovate kit.

5. With two widebands, Haltech will make its changed individually bank to bank. There are adjustable minimum and maximum values for the o2 control in the newest software, allowing you to set how much it can correct, max TPS, max RPM, max MAP.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:42 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
1. I would be careful using o2 feedback during boost, and definitely would not do it using the stock widebands.

2. I believe you answered your own question, aftermarket widebands are calibrated to read accurately below 13:1, 12:1, 11:1 AFR The stock ones get very sporadic below 12 to 12.5:1

3. I am not sure what is so tricky about this, but again see #1 - use caution when using o2 feedback in boost. Make sure your base tune is good to begin with.

4. The stock heater circuits are the problem, so you would need to add new wideband sensors with controllers, such as your standard AEM UEGO or innovate kit.

5. With two widebands, Haltech will make its changed individually bank to bank. There are adjustable minimum and maximum values for the o2 control in the newest software, allowing you to set how much it can correct, max TPS, max RPM, max MAP.
So the Haltech can do auto fuel correction with the addition of a "quality" wideband? So it is just a 0-5V analog signal it needs to see? Also say a customer has a single wideband, and want to set up A/F feedback off the Single wideband to control both banks..How would he do it?
Old 02-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
So the Haltech can do auto fuel correction with the addition of a "quality" wideband? So it is just a 0-5V analog signal it needs to see? Also say a customer has a single wideband, and want to set up A/F feedback off the Single wideband to control both banks..How would he do it?
Yes it will, and yes standard analog out signal will work (0-5v). The instructions above cover how to setup the Haltech for 1 or 2 widebands. To use 1, you will need to attach the wideband analog out to both wideband wires on the Haltech so that it will make changes to both banks from that one signal.

To use 1 aftermarket wideband:
1. Cut wires C7 and C9 coming from Haltech ECU. Attach the aftermarket wideband analog out wire to the remaining wires going into the Haltech ECU C7 + C9.
2. Calibrate the new sensors under Calibrations:Lambda Sensor 1 and 2

To use 2 aftermarket widebands:
1. Cut wire C7 coming from Haltech ECU for wideband bank 1. Attach wideband bank 1 to the remaining wire going into the Haltech ECU C7.
2. Cut wire C9 coming from Haltech ECU for wideband bank 2. Attach wideband bank 2 to the remaining wire going into the Haltech ECU C9.
3. Calibrate the new sensors under Calibrations:Lambda Sensor 1 and 2

Old 02-24-2008, 11:48 AM
rcdash

Very nice Hal - thanks for the complete and super fast response.