Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics complete

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008 | 10:45 PM
Chudson coupe

Default Turbonetics complete

Finally picked up the car from Vinny Ten Racing today. I've been 3 weeks without it, mostly because I took two weeks to install the turbonetics kit myself (a few hours at night, after work days). I messed up the fuel pressure regulator without knowing it and it wouldnt start, shipped it to Vinny's, and he squeezed me in and fixed it right away. He also went through the rest of the kit and anything that I didn't get quite right he fixed. Now the whole kit has been done professionally. It took me 4 hours and 2 trains to get to his shop, but I hung out there for a while, saw some sick 350z's , and he took me for a ride in mine. It's everything I wanted and more, a big thanks to Vinny, and also the TN guys, (Eric and Brian) that helped me troubleshoot on the phone when I was having trouble myself. Both TN and VTR really put some effort into helping me and really gave me some confidence that their customer service will be there if something should happen to go wrong. Car is running like a top, and I love it.

I've got about 70,000 miles on the car, so whenever the time comes for a new clutch I hope to also have Vinny upgrade the engine. Right now, when I'm not pushing the car, it feels smooth like stock, when I floor it, I hit the power around 3k and it pulls hard until I let off around 5k-5.5k (I'd go farther but its a daily driver and it reaches peak hp around there so no point in taking any chances). I've been pretty easy on it so far, and it feels great, I'm not into dumping the clutch, just some nice easy pulls, so I think it will last for a while (until I'm ready for a clutch and built engine). I took my roomate for a ride, he has a 97 bpu supra and he was pretty impressed. I think we'd be about even if we were to race. anyways, glad I tried to install it myself, I almost got the whole thing done, and also glad I had Vinny go through it all (he cought a few other things, like a leaking valve cover - letting oil into the spark plug holes), everything is perfect now and it was deffinitely worth the cost.
Old 03-28-2008 | 10:52 PM
JETPILOT

What did the car dyno and what was the AFR? Whay is it only making peak power at 5500 rpm? Enjoy!

JET
Old 03-28-2008 | 11:03 PM
Chudson coupe

I'll post the dyno sheet tomorrow after I scan the paper in. No idea why it peaks where it does, maybe because its just using the reflash and hasn't been tuned? But its a stock engine, so if its peaking before the redline, there's never a need to redline it, and I'm pretty cautious of that, so hopefully it will last quite a while. I've also heard the flash sometimes has problems in the cold weather (i'm in NY) so I'm being extra cautious until it warms up, I'll also eventually get a piggyback and bigger injectors (just so they aren't running close to full capacity), and a better muffler, so I think I'll wait to tune until this. but on the reflash, even while being cautious, the car feels amazing, at least to me anyways.

Last edited by Chudson coupe; 03-29-2008 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-29-2008 | 03:32 AM
350Z400rwhp

Glad to hear everything worked out. Just remember its the mid range torque that is bad on the VQ not the high end horsepower. I would leave the exhaust as it flows pretty well and just save your money for a utec, injectors and a good tune. You might be suprised though, many have had good luck and just ran with the flash for a long time. I'm jealous though, I was going to get the TN kit too but decided to go with the Vortech to put less stress on my connecting rods There is nothing like a turbo.
Old 03-29-2008 | 06:07 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

iam 20 min from you.... now when are u going to give me a ride?? im seriouss! lol
Old 03-29-2008 | 07:31 AM
Chudson coupe

well I'm around all day, we could meet up somewhere, check on the regional northeast, we've got a thread started for poughkeepsie, we had 2 Z's, my G, a mustang Gt, and a tt supra together last night, we're going to try to get together once a week or so, especially when its nicer out. pm me and i'll show you what its like.
Old 03-29-2008 | 05:00 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Chudson coupe
well I'm around all day, we could meet up somewhere, check on the regional northeast, we've got a thread started for poughkeepsie, we had 2 Z's, my G, a mustang Gt, and a tt supra together last night, we're going to try to get together once a week or so, especially when its nicer out. pm me and i'll show you what its like.
sweett.. PM sent
Old 03-29-2008 | 07:03 PM
iknowitsfast

congrats man, glad you finally got it put together and on the road. BTW, what exhaust system do you have right now?
Old 03-29-2008 | 07:29 PM
Zridder19

turbonetics blows..... seals n oil
Old 03-29-2008 | 07:38 PM
Duke52

Congrats! +1 for the dyno sheet!

Do you guys think you might be up for a meet up at Lime Rock? I think it's about an hour from Poughkeepsie. There's a car show in August that it would be pretty cool to go to with a bunch of turbo z's!

I pick mine up tomorrow
Old 03-29-2008 | 07:43 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Duke52
Congrats! +1 for the dyno sheet!

Do you guys think you might be up for a meet up at Lime Rock? I think it's about an hour from Poughkeepsie. There's a car show in August that it would be pretty cool to go to with a bunch of turbo z's!

I pick mine up tomorrow

Hey come on.. Im N/A here.. no need to be left outt geez.. haha.... I heard about that too.. illl be down for it.. send me a PM
Old 03-30-2008 | 06:05 AM
Chudson coupe

I just have the stock exhaust, so I have the midpipe with the resonator, and then the muffler. I'm only going to get a new muffler if I find a great deal, I don't think the power gain will be that great, so its mainly a cosmetic decision. I think I'll hold off and save up for a clutch and built engine, VTR has a bunch in the shop, and I was there when the blue Z with the stage 2 engine and JWT 700 kit was just getting finished up, I wouldn't mind having an engine like that. Thats probably next year though, I just want to be sure I've got the funds available in case I blow the engine, its my daily driver. They were picking on me about my snow tires haha.
Old 11-11-2008 | 06:57 PM
tylerxfire

ill be going to vinny, glad to hear you are happy with everything.
Old 11-11-2008 | 07:51 PM
SlideFox

What is with the thread resurrection??
Old 11-11-2008 | 08:03 PM
tylerxfire

called search button, searching for vinny ten credability, since thats where my car is about to be built.