Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

MRC's first POWER LAB Single Turbo install!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UMW350Z
Yea, this is not what i need then. This is only for people pushing high horsepower who are not getting adequate fuel delivery. my problem is the fuel delivery....because the line pops off!
When did MRC replace the clip? Has it come of since it was replaced?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:37 PM
UMW350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was replaced 2 nights ago, I drove it around some and it has been sitting in the garage since. It is more likely to happen at idle (it also popped off while I was in nuetral waiting to shift on the highway). Apparently since the engine isn't sucking it down actively, there is more volume build-up when idling at that spot, and more likely to pop off.

Since the fuel dumped all over the garage last time, I have been gun-shy to get in there and try it again since. My landlord lives there with me and he was *less than pleased* when the whole house began to reek of gas (it was a mess).
Old 07-02-2008, 02:34 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess you found your smelling issue.

Adding a fuel return system would replace the line all together.
I'm not sure why it would keep popping off, I had mine off twice and it went back on with ease, zero issues, then once it went to FT he replaced it with the return kit.

something to think about adding to your to do list.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:37 PM
UMW350Z

actually the smelling issue was/is not gas....still not sure what that is all about either...
Old 07-02-2008, 06:58 PM
DanielW
Banned

Originally Posted by blasian
I believe it had something to do with that shift module thing and him getting into it with KPierson or something like that

Julian is Like Farva on super troopers.... Julian.... Your suspension continues!
Old 07-02-2008, 07:01 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Julian's suspension is permanent bro.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:03 PM
SlideFox

Originally Posted by JAMEZ@CiNcity
Julian's suspension is permanent bro.
He still posts on Driver
Old 07-03-2008, 06:32 AM
dpm@mrc
Vendor - Former Vendor

They put in a new clip, but i never saw it to see if the old one was broken. i am afraid of it happening again. I am really irked that this made me pay $250 for a tow for something that wasn't my fault nor should have EVER been a problem (it must have been an install issue). No offer for compensation, but I never even asked yet....but should I even expect it? maybe not...

I really don't want to ***** in here about these issues, but this is dragging out at this point (almsot a month since I picked up the car). I don't want to anger Julian or the shop (my rule of thumb is don't **** off waiters, lawyers or the guy working on your car) but I think they should be trying to finish the car first (like fix the door dent, put in the catch can...which should have been done before the car was picked up), not taking on projects that push me back and back, but that is just my humble opinion, not meant to be a slam. I know they have time/space/lift restrictions...but still, they should be trying to accomdate, right?

The master and slave cylinders in the clutch are my fault...i let someone adjust the clutch and now it's effed up...the engagement point keeps shifting around and the pedal sticks
I appologize on behalf of MRC for the problems you are having, however any issues you have with the shop or Julian you should always bring it to the shop or julian first. Expressing your anger for a two cost you didn't ask to be compensated looks bad on everyone. You are a valued customer of MRC and MRC appreciates your business.. This isn't a situation with your parents yelling at you, Yes we know Julian gets animated at times, he is just a big emotional guy, but this is a business transaction and if you are unhappy with any parts of the transaction you have to let both parties be aware. Bottling up feelings or thoughts never helps anyone because no one is equipped to read minds.

Its more of a damage for MRC for you to be angry than for Julian to be angry.. you have an issue or concern... SPEAK UP.. he won't BITE you.. **** him off all you want.. YOU are spending YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY.. you deserve the service you PAY FOR.. just speak up man.. IF you give the impression everythign is fine.. then everyone will ASSUME everything is fine.

I suggest you get your thoughts together.. decide what is it you want done.. how you want to be compensated for the tow and have a DISCUSSION with Julian on how this can be done.. if you are worried about your fuel clip blowing off again.. leave the car with julian for a couple days and have him drive it around and test it..

MRC is here to work with you man.. not bully you and take your money.. you make it seem like MRC is a bunch of thugs or Mobsters.. just give julian a call and have a discussion.. speak up
Old 07-03-2008, 06:36 AM
SlideFox

^^That is what goods shops do! I knew MRC would take care of there customers!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:38 AM
dpm@mrc
Vendor - Former Vendor

What does a fuel return system do? MRC never mentioned a need for it, even after my problem

usually when Julian decides the needs of a customer, he will ask a couple questions and then determine what is best. Now i wasn't present at the conversation you and julian had, but i know if you gave any indication of BUDGET or a desire to keep low HP numbers say under 400 whp.. he won't suggest a return fuel system.

This whole bad exprience of yours appears to be alot of MISCOMMUNICATION.. and maybe even a LACK of RESEARCH on your part..

i can't tell you how many people in here don't have Forced Induction on their cars and know what a Return Fuel System is.. its apart of research and its apart of the knowledge you gain before entering into Forced Induction.

Don't assume your Tuner/Installer will know EVERYTHING you need and want, and the suttle hints or body langauge you give will determine the products that are offerend to you..

If julian says to me.. hey.. how much you looking to spend.. and i shrug my shoulders and say.. i'm not looking to spend alot.. just want a nice reliable setup.. right then and there he has crossed off the F-Con, Built Motor, Return Fuel System.. and maybe some other goodies you might not NEED YET..

hopefully the communication block will be removed and everyone is happy.. but as i said prior.. you need to have a conversation with Julian and stop worring if you **** him off.. he doesn't want you upset.. and he sure as hell doesn't want you telling the whole board he is doing a sh!tty job.. here is there to help you.. just work with him and communicate
Old 07-03-2008, 06:43 AM
dpm@mrc
Vendor - Former Vendor

It was replaced 2 nights ago, I drove it around some and it has been sitting in the garage since. It is more likely to happen at idle (it also popped off while I was in nuetral waiting to shift on the highway). Apparently since the engine isn't sucking it down actively, there is more volume build-up when idling at that spot, and more likely to pop off.

Since the fuel dumped all over the garage last time, I have been gun-shy to get in there and try it again since. My landlord lives there with me and he was *less than pleased* when the whole house began to reek of gas (it was a mess).
actually the smelling issue was/is not gas....still not sure what that is all about either...
If you are able to.. drop the car off and let them keep it for 2 or more days..

I know i have done it before.. and i know rome has done it..

i'll tell you a little story about my car.. one day i saw oil under my car.. i called Julian and told him about it.. he said check the oil and keep putting in oil just in case its low before i can bring it down to MRC..

My gf and i drove 2 1/2 hours to NJ late one evening for Matt to look at the car.. Matt saw the main seal was leaking and was unable to do the job right away because Greddy Turbo's require you to do alot more work to get to it.. i pleaded with Matt to let me take the car home and come back on a day where i had more time.. Matt refused to let me leave the shop like that.

Julian offered to put my gf and i up in a hotel for the night while the car would be ready the next day.. I refused because i never thought julian should have had to pay that amount of money just for me to leave my car for a day.. I asked him to drop us at the bus station.. then i took the bus back to NYC.. and met a friend in Harlem to take us back to Connecticut.. all in all about a 5 - 6 hour trip back.

However.. Matt got it done the next day.. Julian kept the car for another 2 days and drove it around just to make sure the problem was fixed.. and i appreciated that. Now thats the service you get when you communicate and say what you want.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:54 AM
coachk
Banned

You da man, Dougie....

Last edited by coachk; 07-03-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:15 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

I hope this all gets worked out for UMW. I've been following this product release and in particular this build as a bench mark. And a few weeks later issues are still being spoken of. I myself am rooting for MRC to correct all technical issues relating to what the end user has issues with IE: AC lines and fuel issues. Alot of guys with join dates that are in the last year are new owners and are (speaking for myself) looking for reputable shops to latch onto and this really deters one when after a turbo install the end user has no AC, fuel issues as well as heat issues. Again fingers crossed for UMW. It is refreshing that a rep came on the boards to do some disaster recovery.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 AM
dpm@mrc
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
I hope this all gets worked out for UMW. I've been following this product release and in particular this build as a bench mark. And a few weeks later issues are still being spoken of. I myself am rooting for MRC to correct all technical issues relating to what the end user has issues with IE: AC lines and fuel issues. Alot of guys with join dates that are in the last year are new owners and are (speaking for myself) looking for reputable shops to latch onto and this really deters one when after a turbo install the end user has no AC, fuel issues as well as heat issues. Again fingers crossed for UMW. It is refreshing that a rep came on the boards to do some disaster recovery.
take this event as a learning experience.. what to do.. what not to do.. what to ask for.. what not to ask for.. what you may need.. what you may not need.

This community is growing and learning day by day.. at one point we all thought we needed sleeved, cammed built motors to pass 500 whp.. now guys are making 600 whp with stock heads and non-sleeved motors.. we learn everyday as we go along.

The Powerlab Kit maybe new, but this kit has been in development for some time and alot of time, effort, research and design has gone into this kit, don't let this experience shy you away from the Kit or Forced Induction on a whole. This Kit is probably the best engineered Single Turbo Kit on the market for the 350z/G right now.. and i can say that with full confidence.

Breakdown's in transactions are usually started by miscommunication, and then miscommunication leads to frustration.. and then frustration leads to uncomfortableness and then uncomfortableness blow up into bigger situations than they need to be.

For you i am going to advise you to ask questions.. ask questions.. ask questions.. there is no such thing as a stupid question when you are spending money.. NEVER.. would you put 20k into a stock without asking your broker or an expert first? would you go to a new resturant and try a meal you have never heard of before asking someone first?

Contact the Intense Guys... Contact Jeffie.. they live, eat, breathe, ****, the powerlab kit.. contact MRC.. contact GWB if you have to.. ask ask ask.. leave no stone un turned.. delay your project if you are not 100% comfortable on what you want to do and how you want to do it and if its reliable to you.. its ok to have doubts..

Oleg and Motormouth are a few i can name off the top of my head who have extensive FI knowledge and own N/A cars.. they research.. they learn.. and when and if they do take the plunge.. they know exactly what they need.

Don't rush into FI.. take your time.. learn, learn, learn.. ask, ask ask.. search search search.. some of these ST guys love questions.. the will love to help you out if you have questions.. don't be shy.. just keep learning, searching and asking

Good Luck on your future Choice though.. be it Powerlab or be it with MRC..
Old 07-03-2008, 07:28 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Even if UMW did posted ... i mean the board knows mrc hasnt had any major issues with their customers so, its all good, he probably just wanted to vent a lil but i think we all expect good outcome given the parties involved.

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 07-03-2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by dpm@mrc
take this event as a learning experience.. what to do.. what not to do.. what to ask for.. what not to ask for.. what you may need.. what you may not need.

This community is growing and learning day by day.. at one point we all thought we needed sleeved, cammed built motors to pass 500 whp.. now guys are making 600 whp with stock heads and non-sleeved motors.. we learn everyday as we go along.

The Powerlab Kit maybe new, but this kit has been in development for some time and alot of time, effort, research and design has gone into this kit, don't let this experience shy you away from the Kit or Forced Induction on a whole. This Kit is probably the best engineered Single Turbo Kit on the market for the 350z/G right now.. and i can say that with full confidence.

Breakdown's in transactions are usually started by miscommunication, and then miscommunication leads to frustration.. and then frustration leads to uncomfortableness and then uncomfortableness blow up into bigger situations than they need to be.

For you i am going to advise you to ask questions.. ask questions.. ask questions.. there is no such thing as a stupid question when you are spending money.. NEVER.. would you put 20k into a stock without asking your broker or an expert first? would you go to a new resturant and try a meal you have never heard of before asking someone first?

Contact the Intense Guys... Contact Jeffie.. they live, eat, breathe, ****, the powerlab kit.. contact MRC.. contact GWB if you have to.. ask ask ask.. leave no stone un turned.. delay your project if you are not 100% comfortable on what you want to do and how you want to do it and if its reliable to you.. its ok to have doubts..

Oleg and Motormouth are a few i can name off the top of my head who have extensive FI knowledge and own N/A cars.. they research.. they learn.. and when and if they do take the plunge.. they know exactly what they need.

Don't rush into FI.. take your time.. learn, learn, learn.. ask, ask ask.. search search search.. some of these ST guys love questions.. the will love to help you out if you have questions.. don't be shy.. just keep learning, searching and asking

Good Luck on your future Choice though.. be it Powerlab or be it with MRC..

Again it's refreshing to see that you MRC guys come back to the boards to try and fix the situation. Honestly speaking i myself joined this particular board to learn and within a few weeks i was at MRC getting a Dyno (this board specifically sent me and what little $ i had to MRC) and just trying to sponge up as much info as possible. As a Man I guess u could say like happy endings lol
Old 07-03-2008, 08:17 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Hey, who is this dpm guy - new hire at MRC or just new to the boards? Nice posts - very professional.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:22 AM
r0mey
350Z-holic

^ its not a new hire but a mrc customer. I guess you could say hes the new voice of MRC
Old 07-03-2008, 09:31 AM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by rcdash
Hey, who is this dpm guy - new hire at MRC or just new to the boards? Nice posts - very professional.
^^^^ Check out my post ^^^^
Old 07-03-2008, 08:25 PM
UMW350Z

I am working out all of the issues with MRC and Julian/MRC is making good on everything. I should not have voiced my problems here, this was not the proper way to handle the situation. Please close the thread.