Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 05:28 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rudeg_v2.0
queue jeopardy music...
do doo do doo do doo do doo..... Do doo do doo do dooooo doooo......
Old 12-15-2008, 05:49 PM
ACI318

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wellllllll, I left SGP a voice mail like Thursday last week, there was a short period of time that the mailbox was not full. Mark just got off the phone with me and I am going to SGP this week to get my car tuned. I have done business in the past with SGP, and I am sure I will get the same quality work I have recieved in the past. It did take him like 5 days to answer my voicemail, but Im sure he is just busy. Plus if he is still returning calls at 8:30 at night means to me that he does still care about his customers. Sorry to hear that some of you guys are having hard times with him, and I hope he makes everything right in the end.

P.S. I did just leave one voicemail, and I did not call them back after it. They answered my message, and I am thankful for it.

Last edited by ACI318; 12-15-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:02 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ACI318
Wellllllll, I left SGP a voice mail like Thursday last week, there was a short period of time that the mailbox was not full. Mark just got off the phone with me and I am going to SGP this week to get my car tuned. I have done business in the past with SGP, and I am sure I will get the same quality work I have recieved in the past. It did take him like 5 days to answer my voicemail, but Im sure he is just busy. Plus if he is still returning calls at 8:30 at night means to me that he does still care about his customers. Sorry to hear that some of you guys are having hard times with him, and I hope he makes everything right in the end.

P.S. I did just leave one voicemail, and I did not call them back after it. They answered my message, and I am thankful for it.
Maybe its just because I'm not a kid anymore, but a callback after 5 days is not my idea of customer service. Getting customers business in does not seem to be the problem, getting your parts or cars out does.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:30 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
Maybe its just because I'm not a kid anymore, but a callback after 5 days is not my idea of customer service. Getting customers business in does not seem to be the problem, getting your parts or cars out does.

+1

in any case it would be nice if mark could spend 10 minutes of his time to tell someone at least to post for him with a quick message to some of the members here waiting for news.. at the very very least but nothin....

hey ACI318 if you are going to sgp for a tune.. you better talk specifics with him and ask him to tell you something to post to respond to turismo, rude (and other members here i might be missing). If you have nothin solid like that to report back you might as well not ever come back on my350z...i imagine you joined the site to share and learn your Z experiences right? time for you to do your duty!
Old 12-15-2008, 06:35 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by INTENSEPOWER
Update:

Mark called me today to inform me that my customer's trans will be shipping out this week. We spoke briefly about the issues surrounding what's transpired at SGP in the last few months. He said that he has 9 projects going currently, and they have had his (and his staff's) full attention lately. Some conflicting info was relayed to me regarding some of what's been stated in this thread by certain users, but I'm not one to reveal such private info. I will say though, that he was confident in his abilities to keep his doors open and ship projects. Last, he stated that he will be making a public thread (or something of that nature) with detailed explanation, and acknowledged his communications to be poor in nature.

DISCLOSURES:
*This update in no way is a validation or defense of SGP, however I do believe him to be an honest man. Until concrete evidence of his demise is presented, I will try to stay neutral.

**Don't shoot the messenger.
If you are a customer of SGP and would like me to relay any information to him, I will try my best. I have nothing to gain by doing such, as Intensepower has no partnership WHATSOEVER with SGP. If you would like me to seek information, you will need to PM me. I will NOT entertain details of ANY transaction between YOU and SGP on this or any other public forum.

Again, respect that I am posting privileged, private information between Mark and myself. In no way is it meant to discredit or demean SGP and/or it's affiliates, employees, or customers.

Good day gents.

Darren
Darren,

I went by SGP today I talked to Mark & his co-workers regarding the tranny. I don't know all the details but I did inform SGP/Mark that you have been trying to contact him. I guess there was still a bit of confusion on where to ship it. I don't know. I'm glad to hear that Mark was able to contact you and it will be shipped soon.

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
First of all, I want to thank Darren and the rest of the Intense staff for their tireless efforts to get in contact and get a response from SGP to resolve this issue. Han called me earlier today with the good news while I was at work. I was non-stop busy the rest of my shift. I then made a follow-up phone call to Darren on my way home from work. I feel very relieved to hear the good news today. However, I will feel even better once Intense receives a tracking number, which should happen within the next couple days.

I also want to thank those of you here on the forum who have offered assistance to go to SGP on my behalf to get some answers. The help and support from fellow members is much appreciated.

I also want to clarify that I let Intense proactively handle the situation on my behalf. I didn't personally call or E-mail SGP or Mark. I let Intense handle this on my behalf. I then received generous offers of assistance from a couple of local TX members here to stop by SGP and talk to Mark on my behalf.

I have no issue or problems with Mark calling Intense instead of me, since they were the ones repeatedly trying to contact him. All I want is my trans back. I don't care to listen to listen to Mark's apologies or excuses for his lack of communication, because IMO there is no acceptable or satisfactory excuse for what occurred. It's not like he was in the hospital in a coma all this time. It should be noted that I paid Intense directly for the full cost of the auto trans build and they in turn paid SGP in full up front. So at the end of the day, the invoice at SGP has IntensePower's name on it. Not mine.

If we do not receive a tracking number for the shipping as promised this week, I will let all of you know and may again enlist the services of those who have already offered their assistance.

Thanks again to everyone for the help and support.

I sincerely hope that the OP and the rest of you who have shared your problems with SGP, get your issues resolved quickly and to your satisfaction. I hate to see other customers and fellow forum members getting screwed. Those of you who are not having success dealing with SGP on your own... You might want to take Darren up on his generous offer and shoot him a PM or give Intense a call.
Rude: I wish this was a better experience for you. I'm glad your tranny will be getting to you soon. I wish you had the chance to know SGP, Mark & his co-workers like I have.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:56 PM
ACI318

Originally Posted by Cass007
I totally agree with you on this one, but i feel his pain. I have to return voicemails every day, and when someone leaves me a 5 min voicemail before giving me their name or number it is hell. I am just giving him the benefit of the doubt that he spent all his FREE time answering all the other emails and voicemails before me.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:57 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Darren,

I went by SGP today I talked to Mark & his co-workers regarding the tranny. I don't know all the details but I did inform SGP/Mark that you have been trying to contact him. I guess there was still a bit of confusion on where to ship it. I don't know. I'm glad to hear that Mark was able to contact you and it will be shipped soon.

Rude: I wish this was a better experience for you. I'm glad your tranny will be getting to you soon. I wish you had the chance to know SGP, Mark & his co-workers like I have.
Thanks Robert. It sounds like you enjoy the same kind of relationship with Mark and SGP that I share with the guys at Intense. It's nice to be included in the inner circle of a shop and we are both fortunate indeed.

But just to clarify... This was an organized effort for several weeks by Intense, mutual friends with Mark, and other forum members to get in contact with Mark/SGP. We're not talking about a week or two. Also, I don't know what the confusion possibly was. Intense was very specific in their request to Mark that they wanted him to hold off on shipping until they had moved into their new location. The new address has been posted on Intense's website for weeks. Mark should have been trying to get in touch with us. Not the other way around IMO.

Also, I have met Mark before. Granted... I don't know him as well as you do. But I am friends with a former SGP customer out here in AZ who had an SGP built 550whp Z. Mark stays at his house whenever he comes out here. I venture to say that this mutual friend has known him longer than you and yet Mark wasn't exactly prompt in responding to his efforts to get in touch with him on my behalf.

My build has been delayed because of this fiasco. Sorry, but my patience has reasonable limits, and they were exceeded with this transaction.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:59 PM
ACI318

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII

hey ACI318 if you are going to sgp for a tune.. you better talk specifics with him and ask him to tell you something to post to respond to turismo, rude (and other members here i might be missing). If you have nothin solid like that to report back you might as well not ever come back on my350z...i imagine you joined the site to share and learn your Z experiences right? time for you to do your duty!
I will serve all of you well, lol

on a more serious note, if ya need me, pm me
Old 12-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Thanks Robert. It sounds like you enjoy the same kind of relationship with Mark and SGP that I share with the guys at Intense. It's nice to be included in the inner circle of a shop and we are both fortunate indeed.

But just to clarify... This was an organized effort for several weeks by Intense, mutual friends with Mark, and other forum members to get in contact with Mark/SGP. We're not talking about a week or two. Also, I don't know what the confusion possibly was. Intense was very specific in their request to Mark that they wanted him to hold off on shipping until they had moved into their new location. The new address has been posted on Intense's website for weeks. Mark should have been trying to get in touch with us. Not the other way around IMO.

Also, I have met Mark before. Granted... I don't know him as well as you do. But I am friends with a former SGP customer out here in AZ who had an SGP built 550whp Z. Mark stays at his house whenever he comes out here. I venture to say that this mutual friend has known him longer than you and yet Mark wasn't exactly prompt in responding to his efforts to get in touch with him on my behalf.

My build has been delayed because of this fiasco. Sorry, but my patience has reasonable limits, and they were exceeded with this transaction.

I do understand how great Intense/Darren are. 75-80% of my Z mods were purchase from Intense/Darren. Many PMs and international calls from Kuwait to Darren were made. At one point was considering shipping my car to Intense.

Anyhow, I wish people knew how busy Mark/SGP is. I also wish people knew how hard SGP works to correct problems that come in from other shops. To include customers that are there to get their car built. They are getting caught up but customers every day drop off their car(s) and say fix it than leave. I feel that once all this BS blows over SGP will continue to be the shop to take the Z32, Z33, GTR and I'm sure Z34 too.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:12 PM
go-fast
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so he contacts new work coming in,but once he's got your car/parts your second class?and if he is so busy and can't keep in touch with the customers he has then why is he taking time to tune your car?it still smells like sh$t to me.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:16 PM
go-fast
Banned

i think it was post #445 that turned him around.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:31 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Robert_K

well rude meet mark and also a good friend of rude is good friends with mark too...
there is no talk here about marks abilities really, there is a reason why rude went to sgp for the tranny...but mark has to be able to get the comunication issue rectified 1st of all, then get the all pending customers straighten up, then he needs to show commitment by hiring the right person to handle customer relations...then we can talk about him going forward and keeping sgp alive...
Old 12-15-2008, 08:41 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
well rude meet mark and also a good friend of rude is good friends with mark too...
there is no talk here about marks abilities really, there is a reason why rude went to sgp for the tranny...but mark has to be able to get the comunication issue rectified 1st of all, then get the all pending customers straighten up, then he needs to show commitment by hiring the right person to handle customer relations...then we can talk about him going forward and keeping sgp alive...
Well said Jorge. It sounds like some priorities are screwed up over there.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:46 PM
JS04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will serve all of you well, lol

on a more serious note, if ya need me, pm me
Hey fool, wad you going down to SGP for??? You trying to get ready for the Minden trip..........
Old 12-15-2008, 09:12 PM
ACI318

Originally Posted by go-fast
so he contacts new work coming in,but once he's got your car/parts your second class?and if he is so busy and can't keep in touch with the customers he has then why is he taking time to tune your car?it still smells like sh$t to me.

Im just personally giving my experience, I hope everyone is getting some sort of response. If he has something of yours you would like for me to check up on, pm me.

Also just remember, that he has to take in some quick easy money to pay the bills. He cant just not take on quick easy money or he would never be able to support his shop for the big projects. I think alot of you that have big projects sould be happy that he can still take in business, if he goes under imagine what you would loose. I am not justifying any broken promises or defending anything he has done wrong, I just hope that all of you get your vehicles back the way you want them regardless of time.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:15 PM
ACI318

Originally Posted by JS04
Hey fool, wad you going down to SGP for??? You trying to get ready for the Minden trip..........
Haha, we are a lil off topic but who cares at this point. If them Minden boys want some ill give it to them, we are hoping to come home with a superfast car. Shreveport FTW, Minden FTL lol
Old 12-15-2008, 09:25 PM
go-fast
Banned

Also just remember, that he has to take in some quick easy money to pay the bills. He cant just not take on quick easy money or he would never be able to support his shop for the big projects. I think alot of you that have big projects sould be happy that he can still take in business, if he goes under imagine what you would loose. I am not justifying any broken promises or defending anything he has done wrong, I just hope that all of you get your vehicles back the way you want them regardless of time.
he has people like rudeg's money to pay the bills,from what i understand intense paid in full.his claim is the shop is so full he has no time to return calls,so unless he's lying your theory doesn't fly.you see....anyone can take reservations,but can they keep the reservation?
Old 12-15-2008, 09:44 PM
ACI318

Originally Posted by go-fast
he has people like rudeg's money to pay the bills,from what i understand intense paid in full.his claim is the shop is so full he has no time to return calls,so unless he's lying your theory doesn't fly.you see....anyone can take reservations,but can they keep the reservation?
Do not take this the wrong way, but does he have anything of yours and have you tried to contact him personally?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:06 PM
go-fast
Banned

Do not take this the wrong way, but does he have anything of yours and have you tried to contact him personally?
does he have my parts,no........my attention,yes.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:32 PM
ACI318

Again, dont take this the wrong way, but try and give them a phone call, or drop them an email about some product and see how long it takes to get a response from. You may never get one, but this thread is way to long because people are posting on here with stuff that is not revelant. I would much rather see you posting "I left SGP a message x amount of days ago and still no response"

If I would have put SGP has 10k of my money, you would say get a lawyer, or I got your back. I was just trying to let people on here who are concerned about their car, money, ect.. that I have personally spoke with Mark. You are not really contrubiting to this particular thread, you are just making it longer with no facts to back up your opinions.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?