Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:39 PM
turismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
Man! This shhh is getting out of hand. From what i heard from another forum, SGP was closed an hour early today.

To RobertK. Dont take this the wrong way. But i think you need to stop trolling this thread. Because you dont have the slightest clue about what goes on at SGP or what is going on at SGP. All you know of is,stuff that Mark feeds you. Your just a customer like everyone else here or was.RobertK you dont even work there!

I didnt want to dip my nose into this. But damn!
Man hit me up tomorrow. I'll be out that way. Sorry for taking so long with the insurance issue.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 PM
go-fast
Banned

on a serious note,robertk don't discount other peoples unfortunate circumstance.karma is a b$tch and it WILL be you one day.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:39 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Man! This shhh is getting out of hand. From what i heard from another forum, SGP was closed an hour early today.

To RobertK. Dont take this the wrong way. But i think you need to stop trolling this thread. Because you dont have the slightest clue about what goes on at SGP or what is going on at SGP. All you know of is,stuff that Mark feeds you. Your just a customer like everyone else here or was.RobertK you dont even work there!

I didnt want to dip my nose into this. But damn! Let Mark handle this shhhh! Not you! Cause all your doing is making the situation worse.
What does a companies hours have to do with any of this?

Trolling? The major troll that has zero business here is go-fast. And I do have a bit of knowledge of what's going on. I'm just not in the postion to tell it. I spend enough time there I might was well get paid. LOL

And I know Mark is handling it. I talk to him about it every now and than. I have every right to defend a friend/company that has taken care of me as the person that bitches.

You can't jump into the ring cause you think you can box! LOL (That's a joke to lighten up the situation before you or anyone else get thier panties in a bunch.)
Old 12-17-2008, 09:17 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down

Ooohhh GRRREEEAAATTT... It's the bash on go-fast hour now.

If you have nothing to post about SGP or the situations of customers such as myself, GTFO and take it to PM's. This is the second time you have douched up this thread with your personal grudge against go-fast.

Step away from the computer and take a fap break.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 12-17-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 10:35 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by turismo
My car was there for a year.
I usually just lurk and read this thread because I don't want to get involved. But I have to chime in on this comment. Chris knows me and there are definately no hard feelings towards each other and Chris, I hope you know I'm not taking sides cause I know your plight.

However, your car was not there continuously for one whole year. There were periods where you took possession of the car and actually drove it around town. Now I don't know how long these periods were, but the car did leave SGP at different times against the advice of Mark and the lead tech at the time because all the issues had not been worked out. You even drove it to a nissan dealership to get some work done if I'm not mistaken. Also, I know that while the car was there to address issues, you also had some other things done too did you not? Therefore adding time to the car being there. I only bring this point up because again some of the statements made, make it seem like all the issues with your car originated at SGP, when they did not. I'm not here to argue right or wrong with whats going on at SGP, but a statement like this can be misleading.

As for your car being damaged in the storm, it is unfortunate. My car was there too during the storm and ran the same risks your car did. I knew full well that if my car was damaged that SGP was not responsible. They took precautions with everyones cars, its not like your car was left outside. Your car was parked inside and it just so happens that the wind knocked down a compressed air tank onto your car and the bay door got blown in and hit your car. But there is a sign there in the front office that clearly states that they are not responsible for the damages. Right or wrong, SGP is not the only place that I have seen this sign. I have also seen this sign at dealerships and body shops. I don't know the reason behind this sign, maybe someone can find out. Maybe its just here in Texas that shops have this disclaimer.

I feel it's only right if all the facts were posted also. This also goes back to the claim that Mark owned a GTR.. Statements like that are inflammatory and might lead people to think that Mark was taking customer's money and buying himself a $90K car.

Originally Posted by turismo
The car ran fine from Autobahn. The reason why I took it to SGP in the first place was to replace the gaskets(they where leaking), take off the old turbo kit and replace it with Greddy tt and the ecu that was in the car with a FCon.

Point being, my car had a perfect compression ratio and leak down test, while my car was at SGP(they performed the test). So Autobahn did the job correctly.

From there it was downhill.
Why did you not stick with Tommy Banh since he built your motor? Did he also install the first turbo kit? PE TT right? Did your car not come to SGP with electrical issues where your gauges were all screwed up?

I'm asking because I don't pretend to know all the issues that have happened and I wanna get a better understanding.

I didnt want to dip my nose into this. But damn! Let Mark handle this shhhh! Not you! Cause all your doing is making the situation worse.
My boy Eddie here drives home why I don't get involved. Yes I am friends with Mark. He's helped me out probably more than he's needed to. Do I know everything that goes on or has gone on at SGP? No. I am also not taking sides!!!!! I can understand some peoples frustrations with this whole situation. I would just like people to know that not all the facts are being put out there. Which unfortunately, has not been addressed by both sides (customers/former customers and Mark).

Just to let some know my "credentials" regarding SGP. I am just a customer there. It just so happened that I spent A LOT of time there over the summer months when I was there pretty much everyday. I am good friends with the former lead tech at SGP and so he actually was teaching me the ins and outs of the VQ and wrenching as a whole. No I did not work on any of the customers cars. Let me repeat that... I DID NOT WORK on any of the customers cars. Mark and the lead tech allowed me to work on my car after hours or in an area that did not take away from them working on customer's cars. There were times when I was at SGP until 1-2am with the lead tech getting my car ready for this past year. But since I was there "everyday", I was privy to some information that most customers wouldn't know or need to know. Northsideracing can attest to me being there more than most of the customers/former customers. Not to mention that I have been a customer for over 3 years, which is probably longer than some of the customer/former customers who are arguing.

Ok, go back to bickering

Last edited by MethodRN; 12-17-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:18 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by MethodRN
As for your car being damaged in the storm, it is unfortunate. My car was there too during the storm and ran the same risks your car did. I knew full well that if my car was damaged that SGP was not responsible. They took precautions with everyones cars, its not like your car was left outside. Your car was parked inside and it just so happens that the wind knocked down a compressed air tank onto your car and the bay door got blown in and hit your car. But there is a sign there in the front office that clearly states that they are not responsible for the damages. Right or wrong, SGP is not the only place that I have seen this sign. I have also seen this sign at dealerships and body shops. I don't know the reason behind this sign, maybe someone can find out. Maybe its just here in Texas that shops have this disclaimer.
Having worked in the insurance industry briefly when I got out of college I do not think this sign holds any weight. I am sure that the state mandates shops to carry a minimum level of insurance, usually around 1mil liability, and any good shop will carry that plus an umbrella policy over the top of that as well. I sell bagels for $2 a pop and I have a 1mil liability and 3mil umbrella.

Also, there is a standard in the insurance industry for liability in damage cases such as this, it is care, custody and control. If your car was in the care, custody and control of another party at the time damages occured, they are liable. Unless Texas has a law waiving hurricane damages the way most states waive flood damage, I believe they would be liable.

But since I was there "everyday", I was privy to some information that most customers wouldn't know or need to know.
This is a recurring theme in this thread, like there is some big secret that explains it all, but only Mark's inner circle understand the truth. This isn't the X-files, if Mark has personal or family drama that may help customers understand the delays they are experiencing he should at least tell them, even if it is personally embarrassing IMO.

I am impartial in this matter as well, but clearly SGP is making it hard to defend their side. If I was Turismo and my car was just sitting and not being worked on, waiting on parts or whatever, and there was something that could get accomplished at the Nissan dealer during the downtime, why wouldn't I take it over and bring it back?
Old 12-18-2008, 06:33 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by iamdigital
All & Mods, do not let this thread be shut down.
+1

All the people defending SGP need to stop, you can get upset at go-fast for his comments on the lack of profesional work and communication at SGP, BUT HE IS RIGHT....you come with your sgp experience from a while back and ignore the problem many of the current customers are going through... thats bs
ITs time for you to admit that the sgp of now is not the same sgp as when you had your car there and had no issues. And it with the navygolf-like posts...
Old 12-18-2008, 06:37 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

But myself, Old School, Meatbag, MethodRN, etc... are CURRENT customers.

I feel this forum is bashing SGP cause they don't post on it. If this was a situation with Forged, or other My350Z sponsors the thread would've been locked a long time ago.

To the members that have situations... Good luck and do what you feel is right.

I'm gonna go drive my JWT TT, SGP fixed & tuned 350Z.

Last edited by Robert_K; 12-18-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:06 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Robert_K

I feel this forum is bashing SGP cause they don't post on it. If this was a situation with Forged, or other My350Z sponsors the thread would've been locked a long time ago.

TOTALLY INCORRECT!!!!... i don't think there aren't people that are always there to bash, but SGP was still considered legit and ...again... there is a reason why rude trusted in the performance of marks products and intense have done business with sgp before all this...
Its just sad that the quality of communication and the big turmoil going on at SGP have derailed it so much. This thread isn't just a one customer trying to bash sgp because he had a disagreement with mark, you cant compare it like that. THERE ISN'T EVEN ANY COMMUNICATION OUTSIDE OF THE FORUMS EITHER... so please stop being moronic and naive.

Its also obvious that you really like Marks smooth way to talk things, you are his friend (or you like his nuts?) and you want to defend him because you had no issues with him when you had your car there, why don't you leave your car at sgp now for a clutch install and see how long it takes? at least you'll have the benefit of living close so you could stop by frequently.

HE has admitted himself that he is lacking badly on many issues and he is in trouble yet you come here trying to paint a whole different picture.. pleaseeeeeee

I have given sgp a pass on this whole situation, i did not focused on others i focused on others but on rudes situation alone... after seein what he has gone trhough, its no different than what many other troubles customers have dealing with. BEFORE i had some things to like from marks work after seeing his work(charged too much but) on a local built G and Z and how the tranny worked for marshall. BUT THAT IS NOT WHATS IN QUESTION!

To the members that have situations... Good luck and do what you feel is right.

I'm gonna go drive my JWT TT, SGP fixed & tuned 350Z.
...mods....sorry for the bickering.. but what can you say about this moronic post?

When people don't answer phones when they don't want to talk to the person on the other end of the line...be it a mad customer...or someone wanting their money...

THis last part of his posts makes it official...he is the new navygolf

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 12-18-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:06 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by Cass007
Having worked in the insurance industry briefly when I got out of college I do not think this sign holds any weight. I am sure that the state mandates shops to carry a minimum level of insurance, usually around 1mil liability, and any good shop will carry that plus an umbrella policy over the top of that as well. I sell bagels for $2 a pop and I have a 1mil liability and 3mil umbrella.

Also, there is a standard in the insurance industry for liability in damage cases such as this, it is care, custody and control. If your car was in the care, custody and control of another party at the time damages occured, they are liable. Unless Texas has a law waiving hurricane damages the way most states waive flood damage, I believe they would be liable.
Thanks for the explanation. Like I said I don't know the reason for the sign, but I have seen it before. Weather or not it holds wait, again I don't know. I was just stating that since it is a disclaimer that is clearly stated, I looked at it like all disclaimers.

This is a recurring theme in this thread, like there is some big secret that explains it all, but only Mark's inner circle understand the truth. This isn't the X-files, if Mark has personal or family drama that may help customers understand the delays they are experiencing he should at least tell them, even if it is personally embarrassing IMO.

I am impartial in this matter as well, but clearly SGP is making it hard to defend their side. If I was Turismo and my car was just sitting and not being worked on, waiting on parts or whatever, and there was something that could get accomplished at the Nissan dealer during the downtime, why wouldn't I take it over and bring it back?
It maybe a recurring theme, but I just don't feel it's my place to say. The information that I have heard or know came from hearsay or not backed by facts so I took it for what it was worth. That is why I don't repeat them because I feel it would just add to drama. And I am not using it as an excuse to defend SGP's position. Again it's not my place. I am just a customer! I made this statement to make a point that I know that not all the facts are being posted by either side. I agree that by Mark not posting his side of the story makes it hard to defend. But that is his decision. SGP has been around for a long time and they have survived when most shops around Houston have not. Houston is not like the west coast or east coast with a thriving import scene. So for a shop to last as long as they have, must mean something.

As for Turismo taking his car and taking it to a nissan dealership, I believe it was for an unrelated issue from what Chris told me. I was just stating that his car was not there for a WHOLE year like he was making it seem like with his statement. Again, I just wanted people to know that the statement was misleading and I was just using the trip to the Nissan dealership as a specific example. I could have also said that Chris met me in his car in the Galleria (for those not in Houston, the Galleria is about 20-30miles away from SGP). Or that I saw his car at the school parking lot across from my place (about 10 miles from the Galleria and maybe 15 miles away from where Chris was living at the time). All these instances happened this past year. I'm trying to post clear and concise accounts of what I know, so that everyone can get a better idea of the situation. That's all I'm doing.

I do not want to get involved in this thread and all the conjecture going on so I'll stop posting unless I can give insight with actual facts. Take what I have posted for what it's worth. GL to all with issues with SGP.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This always happens with SGP "drama", its been goin on for years.. The only thing that will fix it if Mark man's up and posts.... SGP should be fixing these issues not customers of SGP or friends of Mark.. Just IMHO.....
Old 12-18-2008, 07:24 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Please do not include me on either side! Yes I am a current customer. Yes I have become friends with Mark in the 3 years that I have been a customer at SGP. He has done right by me and has helped me more than he has needed to. However, I can see where some of the disgruntled customers are coming from. This is the reasons why I abstain from taking sides!!!!

I can and will only speak of MY experiences and of things that I can back with actual facts. I am only trying to give you guys as much information about certain situations that I have first hand knowledge of.

But then again.... I'm a moron according to some.........

Last edited by MethodRN; 12-18-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:53 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just makes me wonder why people still take their cars to SGP after several years ago them screwing people. Why you think Kyle left that sh*t hole of a place because of lies and screwed up customer service Mark did. And they are still doing it. When will people learn. That is why I now say whoever has taken their cars and didn't pay attention to their past is a moron.

Sadly I am sorry you guys ran into this problem, they really did use to be good in the early 2000s, and even the 90s, but as of the past 4 years they have gone to crap.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:01 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Old 12-18-2008, 08:05 AM
coachk
Banned

I guess this might be a little OT, but I think its still on point. When JT @ PF was called out on a thread awhile back and everyone started bashing him, I made a phone call to him along with another member who is his friend, and JT came on moments later and resolved the issue and the B.S stopped. Why can't one of Marks "friends" do the same and have Mark just post up the current situation like JT did and it goes bye bye. just my opinion.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

coachk: I have talk to Mark about it. I can't force the man to post on a forum. I'm sure when he is ready he will.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:25 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Does everybody else here find interesting Robert_K can call and talk to Mark yet Intense, Rude, IamDigital, turismo, B.versacce etc etc can't

Robert, if you are truthfully talking to mark, and he still doesnt care to repond even outside the forums (unless he answer the phone by mistake) then:

1) mark doesnt give a damm
2) you are doing a shitty job in comunication the urgency to him

in either case, best if you stop acting like navyG and
Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by MethodRN
....Yes I have become friends with Mark in the 3 years that I have been a customer at SGP.

I can and will only speak of MY experiences and of things that I can back with actual facts. I am only trying to give you guys as much information about certain situations that I have first hand knowledge of.

Method... i am sure Vo will back up how your car runs and on the work done by Mark. But that is not the point.. you have been there for 3 years, so even if you were after kyle you still were in better days for SGP than now.

If you cant see this point then you are being as mornic a robert:
When people don't answer phones when they don't want to talk to the person on the other end of the line...be it a mad customer...or someone wanting their money...

This is truth, and if you refute this then you are lying. If you cared so much about SGP you should be sad to see them spiral down like this. But you cant defend mark(doesnt matter if he is a nice guy) until he does somethign to correct sitution. THat is comunication, finish long overdue projects, get deb situation solved, show commitment by hiring the right person to work with him...after that we can talk about if sgp can get back to better days(like when you took your car at the very least) or like 4 years ago
Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 AM
iamdigital

I'm not sure they are on any forum as I don't see recent posts from them anywhere other than small sales threads on a forum posted a while back. I for one welcome both sides of the story (positive and negative) but do understand that a few of us are in pretty negative situations right now. Also, let's keep the positive and negative information civil and directed toward results rather than individuals on this forum.

If this happened at Forged and a thread got locked I'd be out of this forum and into another in a heartbeat. I'm on G350z driver forum too but after seeing the way this thread went decided to leave it all in one place.

I still haven't heard back on anything personally yet. Hoping to this week before XMAS break or I'm gonna have to give it a break until January... Out of country now and flying back out after holiday.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:16 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Well, I called Intense this morning at 10:30 and they hadn't received any communication yet today from Mark/SGP. Remember that RobertK supposedly called and spoke with Mark last night about my situation. *cough* *cough* *gulp* *dribble* *yummm* *cough* Yet apparently, it wasn't important enough for Mark to contact Intense first thing this morning. Now Intense is trying to contact him.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 12-18-2008 at 09:25 AM.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?