Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 10:22 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by UpRev
XKR, nothing against you personally, but why doesn't SGP (mark) just answer his phone and deal with customers directly?
chill out..he is jsut helping people out. we get it, business from sgp will be coming your way, they are a zombie shop at the moment....sad
Old 02-27-2009, 10:24 AM
iamdigital

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy@Altered
Well guys, i tuned the "built tranny" from SGP. The first major issue is that the TC didnt lock up till around 5000 rpms, then once it locked it slammed the rpms back down to 4400ish. Then the transmission was not consistent at all. It would randomly slip around.

This is an SGP TC right? The last time I spoke with Mark he told me TC is probably what gave out on the tranny and blocked oil passages resulting in overheating and clutch destruction. I don't know if that's a true/valid statement because I don't know if he even opened my tranny up yet but I wonder if there is something flawed in the TC's? The way mine went out made me feel like it was TC to begin with.

Odd slamming on RPMS, Not putting power in higher gears than lower gears. etc...
Old 02-27-2009, 10:34 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by iamdigital
XKR is simply helping all of us on here out by making stops into their shop on his own time to see what is up. He has helped get information for several of us who are not local and do not have time to fly into Houston to see what's going on.
Gotcha, just seemed odd to me that people are having to go over to the shop to get anything accomplished.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:37 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
chill out..he is jsut helping people out. we get it, business from sgp will be coming your way, they are a zombie shop at the moment....sad
Actually we'd prefer to find a Houston shop that has a good rep. Traveling to Austin for Houston customers isn't the easiest thing to do all the time.

I just got off the phone with another customer in Houston that is having to make the trek out here in the next two weeks for some work.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:45 AM
iamdigital

Gotcha, just seemed odd to me that people are having to go over to the shop to get anything accomplished.
No responses to emails
Company published phone number is disco'd
Cell phone numbers spread around through us are not working or not answered

As of now the only way to find out what's going on is to go onsite and see whats up. Definitely do not refer any of your customers to this place moving forward. In fact, maybe a good time to hire on another tech and capture some business. Drive or no drive I think people will make the trek for good work/service.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
iamdigital

Arrow Legal Action? Contact me

Okay,

I have gotten some PMs from members on here. To make things easier I'll throw this up on here. If you are interested in collaborating efforts and have a valid claim with enough evidence to prove your claims/complaints please email the following information to me ASAP. I cannot promise anything but I may be able to get my attorney to take this on for all of us with very limit fees. Again, no promises. He first needs to take a look at the claims, financial amounts, and validity/evidence of claims.

You will remain anonymous, at least I can commit that I will not post or distribute your claim/information without your consent to anyone other than my attorney. At the bare minimum I can at least get a step by step process recommendation for each of us if he doesn't feel a case is worthwhile.

Here is the information I need:

1. Name and contact information (first name and email minimum)
2. Product or Service in question purchased at SGP Racing
3. Description of said product or service
4. Order, PO, or reference number for said product or service
5. Date of payment(s)
6. Claim Description, why you desire/demand a settlement, return, or refund. Be sure if this is for services to explain values of equipment affected
7. Dates of times that you made attempts to contact and (or) resolve situation with SGP
8. Settlement, return, or refund amount $$. If it is for service or damage list damages you see fit for settlement.

email it to my gmail account:

iamdigital@gmail.com

Thanks,

JAA
Old 02-27-2009, 11:12 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the SGP thread.........you can start on page 1.

Old 02-27-2009, 12:21 PM
XKR

OK !!!! Recon 4 has been completed.....
Mark called the members that PM'ed me. I will let them post the results.

SGP is in the process of moving to another shop....I know that is not an excuse for not answering emails or phone calls.....I have told him many times that this is killing his business....but I guess Marks know what he is doing.

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
, i started calling him like that a while back when he tried to bring the "i am in law school" card
And it makes me laugh everytime I see it.....LMAO

Last edited by XKR; 02-27-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:52 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,

Did Mark have any response/comment for the teardown results on Marshall's trans???

His move has absolutely no relevance to upgraded parts (that customers paid for) missing from builds and SGP products.

I think this thread should be made a sticky and deserves to be next to the VRT thread.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 02-27-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:59 PM
NorthSideRacing

Originally Posted by XKR
OK !!!! Recon 4 has been completed.....
Mark called the members that PM'ed me. I will let them post the results.

SGP is in the process of moving to another shop....I know that is not an excuse for not answering emails or phone calls.....I have told him many times that this is killing his business....but I guess Marks know what he is doing.

And it makes me laugh everytime I see it.....LMAO

Old 02-27-2009, 12:59 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Mike,

Did Mark have any response/comment for the teardown results on Marshall's trans???

His move has absolutely no relevance to upgraded parts missing from builds and SGP products.

I think this thread should be made a sticky and deserves to be next to the VRT thread.
He did not have any idea what I was talking about....but he did call everyone in front of me. I mentioned your Trans and I got same response...My feeling is he would rather discuss it with the owners....but he did call.

The part about the move was to let you all know that if you think its hard to reach him now...it going to be worst during the move.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:07 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Hmmmm... Guess that sort of response was to be expected from Mark. It's better to declare ignorance rather than admit knowledge or refute hard facts.

So where is he supposedly moving to? Still in Houston?
Old 02-27-2009, 01:30 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
So where is he supposedly moving to? Still in Houston?
Jail
Old 02-27-2009, 01:40 PM
iamdigital

Angry

Thanks Mike for Recon 4,

Mark called while Mike was there. I could tell he was talking in front of somebody cause he was awkward sounding and while I was not an a-hole on the phone to him I was pretty demanding with my requests. Basically here is the breakdown.

First thing he tells me is "Yeah, your transmission shipped out Monday bro."

I obviously don't believe this so I asked him what address he shipped it to explaining I'm out of town and he didn't even contact me about shipping it. He fumbles for a few moments and claims he can't find the address on my email??

I asked him for the tracking number and he tells me, "I didn't know you were looking for it." I don't even comment on this because if he's that much of a fawktard that he doesn't know after 10 calls and numerous emails that I want my tranny back well...

I explain my frustrations and the new concern that he is putting stock parts into upgraded transmissions and he said, "That's a bunch of bullsh1t, this is the first of I've heard of that today". I told him that's because his phone number is disco'd and he doesn't return email addresses.

Anyway we ended the call with him telling me that he'd call right back with my tracking number. As expected he has not called back, nor emailed me my tracking number. I'm dead positive it has not shipped. Mark if you are reading this or a buddy is relaying it. I'm giving you till Monday morning to call with that tracking number and I'm filing a report with the Harris County Sheriff dept. and Constable for Grand Theft and Interstate Fraud. Not a civil report, a criminal report. The civil will follow.

Originally Posted by turismo
Jail

Last edited by iamdigital; 02-27-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: cleaned up my text
Old 02-27-2009, 01:50 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by iamdigital
Thanks Mike,

Yes, Mark called me while Mike was there. He told my tranny shipped Monday. Yeah, right, bullshish. I told him to tell me what address he shipped it to and he fumbled for a minute trying to find an email with my address in it. Then he came back to the phone and said I didn't know you were looking for it WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! No, I just donated my tranny to you fawktard. He could not find the waybill or shipping track number and said he'd call back with that information. He has not called back. I told him I was pretty frustrated and more concerned now that I hear he is putting stock parts in upgraded trannys and he said that was a bunch of bullsh1t and today was the first he heard of it. I told him no kidding, that's cause nobody can contact you via email and your phone is disconnected. I don't expect a call back from him because I'm dead positive that habitual lying... did not ship my transmission. sorry venting still
You have nothing to be sorry about. Mark couldn't provide a tracking # and he hasn't called you back with one. So you know he's full of sh*t.

I appreciate what Mike is trying to do, but it's obvious that Mark is just saying/doing whatever to appease Mike and then it's right back to the same old sh*t business as usual after Mike leaves.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 02-27-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM
NorthSideRacing

Jail
ROFL

Old 02-27-2009, 02:54 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Jail
I LOL'ed too. But that's a little premature at this point.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

After reading this thread i thank god i didnt get anything from SGP.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Boostedtrack350

Mark will say anything to carry him to the next day. I gave him a deadline of today at 5 to have my money and he didnt even bother to reply! He is a scammer 100%. I think I'll picket in front of his shop with a BIG sign that says SGP stole $10,000 from me. Anyone like to join me?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?