Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:43 PM
Boostedtrack350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone like to join forces just let me know via PM. I will not let this die! My car is in pieces and i'm out the money!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:03 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iamdigital
Okay,

I have gotten some PMs from members on here. To make things easier I'll throw this up on here. If you are interested in collaborating efforts and have a valid claim with enough evidence to prove your claims/complaints please email the following information to me ASAP. I cannot promise anything but I may be able to get my attorney to take this on for all of us with very limit fees. Again, no promises. He first needs to take a look at the claims, financial amounts, and validity/evidence of claims.

You will remain anonymous, at least I can commit that I will not post or distribute your claim/information without your consent to anyone other than my attorney. At the bare minimum I can at least get a step by step process recommendation for each of us if he doesn't feel a case is worthwhile.

Here is the information I need:

1. Name and contact information (first name and email minimum)
2. Product or Service in question purchased at SGP Racing
3. Description of said product or service
4. Order, PO, or reference number for said product or service
5. Date of payment(s)
6. Claim Description, why you desire/demand a settlement, return, or refund. Be sure if this is for services to explain values of equipment affected
7. Dates of times that you made attempts to contact and (or) resolve situation with SGP
8. Settlement, return, or refund amount $$. If it is for service or damage list damages you see fit for settlement.

email it to my gmail account:

iamdigital@gmail.com

Thanks,

JAA

Anyone like to join forces just let me know via PM. I will not let this die! My car is in pieces and i'm out the money!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kJSq5bo8uI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2kJSq5bo8uI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 02-27-2009, 04:15 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
ROFL

Wuz tha dizzle?
Old 02-27-2009, 04:16 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Now that I actually look at fluffy, she has a sexy bounce and a nice azz
Old 02-27-2009, 04:18 PM
coachk
Banned

Its so pathetic to hear what SGP is doing to you guys...I had my issues with Mark a few years back but nothing to the magnitude of what you guys are going thru.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by coachk
Its so pathetic to hear what SGP is doing to you guys...I had my issues with Mark a few years back but nothing to the magnitude of what you guys are going thru.
I was so close to cracking that egg head of his the day before I got my car from there.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:29 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turismo
Now that I actually look at fluffy, she has a sexy bounce and a nice azz
Wat?
Old 02-27-2009, 04:30 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Wat?

^ sexy
Old 02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by turismo

^ sexy
Ew.. lol..

This is EPIC fail status btw......
Old 02-27-2009, 04:33 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by iamdigital
Thanks Mike for Recon 4,

Mark called while Mike was there. I could tell he was talking in front of somebody cause he was awkward sounding and while I was not an a-hole on the phone to him I was pretty demanding with my requests. Basically here is the breakdown.

First thing he tells me is "Yeah, your transmission shipped out Monday bro."

I obviously don't believe this so I asked him what address he shipped it to explaining I'm out of town and he didn't even contact me about shipping it. He fumbles for a few moments and claims he can't find the address on my email??

I asked him for the tracking number and he tells me, "I didn't know you were looking for it." I don't even comment on this because if he's that much of a fawktard that he doesn't know after 10 calls and numerous emails that I want my tranny back well...

I explain my frustrations and the new concern that he is putting stock parts into upgraded transmissions and he said, "That's a bunch of bullsh1t, this is the first of I've heard of that today". I told him that's because his phone number is disco'd and he doesn't return email addresses.

Anyway we ended the call with him telling me that he'd call right back with my tracking number. As expected he has not called back, nor emailed me my tracking number. I'm dead positive it has not shipped. Mark if you are reading this or a buddy is relaying it. I'm giving you till Monday morning to call with that tracking number and I'm filing a report with the Harris County Sheriff dept. and Constable for Grand Theft and Interstate Fraud. Not a civil report, a criminal report. The civil will follow.

To Joseph, Marshall, Eric and others involved......I really feel for you all.... Yes, I was standing right in front of Mark when he spoke to you....he then went to his office when you asked for a tracking number. I really tried to explain to Mark the severity of what's about to happen to him. He seemed to understand what I was saying....I then gave him the numbers and told him the story behind each number.

It really bothers me about whats going on because ...for those of you that don't know Mark...he is reallllllly a nice guy....I am not kidding...When you meet him, he treats you like you are his best friend.

What SGP needs is a Kyle to run the front office and Mark to run the back of the shop. I dont want to turn this into a Mark vs Kyle....I like both of them.

I have met a few cons in my life time....I dont think Mark is one...I think he is over his head at this point and this economy is no help.

There is no excuse if Mark knowingly sent you guys stock trans....Lets wait and see whats up with RudeG's transmission. If it turns out to be the same as MRG's....Recon 5,6 or 7 would be worthless and my Recon unit will go out of business

I will wait to see whats up with Eric's trans.
Old 02-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Boostedtrack350

This is my experience with SGP Racing. The following are facts only.

I I brought my car (2003 CS Track Model 350z) to Mark at SGP Racing in November of 2008, to have them do a fully built Longblock and install my ATI Procharger kit. Mark told me he could have it done in 4 weeks. He promised me it would be done by Christmas. I paid him for just over half the total invoice the day I dropped off my car. Several weeks later I paid the remainder of the entire bill.

After several unanswered phone calls, I started showing up at his shop at least one time a week. By the way....I live 4 hours away in Louisiana. My car was not touched until February 2009. The Engine and Trans where taken out finally around Feb 5th I think. I was having some paint work done and Mark told me that my Motor was out and the car was across the lot at Pinnacle Paint and Body getting done. So I decide to go see for myself. I get there and see my car at SGP. The guys at SGP tell me its not at the Paint shop because they couldn't take it yet. That they where busy. So I just walked across the lot and started asking around. Come to find out my Paint work was sort of side job for one of the guys at the Paint shop. The owner of Pinnacle flipped out!!!!!

Mark will say he was doing me a favor and saving me tons of money. I never ask for any Hook up Deal. I just wanted my car finished!!

At that point I had enough! I went through a lot of expense to go pick up my Car, Engine and Transmission from Houston.

It has been two weeks now and I still don't have my money!!! I do however have a Car in my garage with no Engine!
Old 02-27-2009, 04:59 PM
XKR

^^^^ OMG^^^^ Sorry to hear man !! I really dont understand whats going on.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:03 PM
Boostedtrack350

Ive really tried to work with Mark on this but enough is enough!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:03 PM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR
To Joseph, Marshall, Eric and others involved......I really feel for you all.... Yes, I was standing right in front of Mark when he spoke to you....he then went to his office when you asked for a tracking number. I really tried to explain to Mark the severity of what's about to happen to him. He seemed to understand what I was saying....I then gave him the numbers and told him the story behind each number.

It really bothers me about whats going on because ...for those of you that don't know Mark...he is reallllllly a nice guy....I am not kidding...When you meet him, he treats you like you are his best friend.

What SGP needs is a Kyle to run the front office and Mark to run the back of the shop. I dont want to turn this into a Mark vs Kyle....I like both of them.

I have met a few cons in my life time....I dont think Mark is one...I think he is over his head at this point and this economy is no help.

There is no excuse if Mark knowingly sent you guys stock trans....Lets wait and see whats up with RudeG's transmission. If it turns out to be the same as MRG's....Recon 5,6 or 7 would be worthless and my Recon unit will go out of business

I will wait to see whats up with Eric's trans.
Mike....you're a seasoned guy and I'm sure you have heard the old addage "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". He talks out of both sides of his mouth or at least he did with me.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:05 PM
XKR

Mike....you're a seasoned guy and I'm sure you have heard the old addage "keep your friends close and your enemies closer". He talks out of both sides of his mouth or at least he did with me.

I hear you Coach ...I hear you
Old 02-27-2009, 05:20 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
This is my experience with SGP Racing. The following are facts only.

I I brought my car (2003 CS Track Model 350z) to Mark at SGP Racing in November of 2008, to have them do a fully built Longblock and install my ATI Procharger kit. Mark told me he could have it done in 4 weeks. He promised me it would be done by Christmas. I paid him for just over half the total invoice the day I dropped off my car. Several weeks later I paid the remainder of the entire bill.

After several unanswered phone calls, I started showing up at his shop at least one time a week. By the way....I live 4 hours away in Louisiana. My car was not touched until February 2009. The Engine and Trans where taken out finally around Feb 5th I think. I was having some paint work done and Mark told me that my Motor was out and the car was across the lot at Pinnacle Paint and Body getting done. So I decide to go see for myself. I get there and see my car at SGP. The guys at SGP tell me its not at the Paint shop because they couldn't take it yet. That they where busy. So I just walked across the lot and started asking around. Come to find out my Paint work was sort of side job for one of the guys at the Paint shop. The owner of Pinnacle flipped out!!!!!

Mark will say he was doing me a favor and saving me tons of money. I never ask for any Hook up Deal. I just wanted my car finished!!

At that point I had enough! I went through a lot of expense to go pick up my Car, Engine and Transmission from Houston.

It has been two weeks now and I still don't have my money!!! I do however have a Car in my garage with no Engine!
Too many stories like this one are starting to surface. I'm not surprised someone hasn't snapped and given him a beatdown yet. I would never do anything like that, but I got a few guys that work for me that think this kind of thing is a good time.

Where did all this money from customers go? Maybe I haven't experienced the norm, but even the one man shop I deal with for my build doesn't ask for deposits for work not done yet.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:36 PM
gotparts?

wow, just wow. this is getting worse and worse. well just here to chime in again on this thread. i had four sgp customers cars here in the past three weeks. one left today and one is leaving tomorrow for some fab work done. the other two is awaiting parts that we placed a week ago. they all say the same thing about sgp. it sucks that mark has taken advantage of everyone that has been burned, it was a reputable shop at one point in time that made good money and had a big list of customers and even bigger list of repeat customers. now it sounds like alot of people just want to get there car, products, or money back. from what i heard from the grapevine is that mark has some new investors that has came in to back him financially. i hope good comes out of this, meaning i hope everyone gets what is owed to them.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:53 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by gotparts?
wow, just wow. this is getting worse and worse. well just here to chime in again on this thread. i had four sgp customers cars here in the past three weeks. one left today and one is leaving tomorrow for some fab work done. the other two is awaiting parts that we placed a week ago. they all say the same thing about sgp. it sucks that mark has taken advantage of everyone that has been burned, it was a reputable shop at one point in time that made good money and had a big list of customers and even bigger list of repeat customers. now it sounds like alot of people just want to get there car, products, or money back. from what i heard from the grapevine is that mark has some new investors that has came in to back him financially. i hope good comes out of this, meaning i hope everyone gets what is owed to them.
Did you used to work with Jotech? Congrats on your success.. Sorry for OT.... I wonder who is backing SGP....
Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 PM
iamdigital

Originally Posted by gotparts?
from what i heard from the grapevine is that mark has some new investors that has came in to back him financially. i hope good comes out of this, meaning i hope everyone gets what is owed to them.
I hope this is the case too but not with Mark running the show. He needs a solid business manager/sales manager/customer service/techs...

Ditto! This guy is so "loveable" (no ghey) when you talk to him. It's the only reason I let this string on for so long, every time he called all was to be fixed right away and his whole world was falling on him. I sincerely felt bad and even offered to help him out with his website situation and order more parts when he shipped my stuff back. 6 months later though and I'm done. Nice guy or not, business is business. If I did this to a customer, just one, I'd be out of business overnight in my line of work. Mark needs to go find a good shop that knows how to run their business and work for them or hire a business manager to get his shist in order but Mike I've gotten like 10+ people telling me some horror stories. Mark claims it's all their fault and nobody paid, and while I'll agree there were probably some lame customers that failed payments he is in the wrong to too many of us right now. I stick to my claims and offers to help others until Mark learns how to right things and start calling us with daily/weekly HONEST updates or something.

I think I posted this in another comment within the 1000 on this thread but I worked for a company that went out of business. Much larger scale $1B annual. I was 1 report from CEO in that company and it was very tuff. I won't go into all the details but in the first stage of the death spiral they were having cash flow problems. Instead of being honest with the sales reps executives decided to hide problems trying to fix before anybody knew what was going on. A few months go by and there is a $200MM backlog and reps are literally not answering phones because their customers (IT Directors and CIOs) are calling demanding an answer as to where the FK their equipment is and the reps, ill equipped to answer the questions, just ignored the calls. The products I was in charge of pushing for the company were resold (HDS, CommVault, and EMC) so all was fine for me and I didn't know what was going on until one of my customers who also bought our branded products (pc/notebook/server) got fired for a $3.9MM order that was over 90 days late and he didn't get a refund/order because his rep kept telling him it was on it's way. I investigated found out what was going on, downloaded our SalesForce data, emailed every customer explaining situation, posted up on our financial boards, etc... I left a month after taking on another gig and starting another new business out of this mess.

Currently I am part of a class action from the employees to sue the management for mismanagement and other issues. The company is not only responsible for laying off ~1000 employees that they convinced to stay on during a time when the economy is good and then laid everyone off right before XMAS but there are literally hundreds of IT Directors getting fired because of their decision to use this product and now sitting without product, maintenance, or answers. Also, the vendors are fukd as well, loosing out on millions of dollars in promised payments. The CEO and other C level execs here will never work another job at this caliber again after their actions. Many people lost their jobs, and nobody was happy.

Reason for this story is if the company would of been honest and turned away customers that had orders too big to fulfill to begin with we would of had a definite shot at maintaining a smaller business size. Sure there would of been a cut in force but not all force. Greed and stupidity is what hosed this organization and what's funny is I now work with many of their customers because of my honesty and the care I showed them when things were going down hill. I just helped out somebody this week on some ongoing issues and I am selling them a $140K piece of software as well this quarter.

Moral of story is treat your customers right, with honesty, and care about them or stay the FK out of service industry!!! I hope Mark never has a shot at hosing people like this again. Funny thing is I'm sure for most of us it's the fact we haven't driven our ride in so long that erks us the most and he's in the business of making people exciting driving machines!!! SGP = FIAL

As for the Z I'm done period this time. 2 cars, ~$100K, and 2 years of not driving them = not hobby for me. If I had a local tuner I'd stick but this bullshish just ain't worth it anymore. Parting 2 built engines, turbos, and a bunch of other ***** soon. Anybody burned by SGP gets discount

Last edited by iamdigital; 02-27-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:18 PM
XKR

^^^^ I sent you a PM^^^^

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?