Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Boostedtrack350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard the story about the new investor too! Mark was even telling me that I would have my money tomorrow. Then it was tomorrow and then guess what! Tomorrow! He refuses to talk to me now. I really dont see how he plans on staying in bussiness and just not pay his bills. Maybe he doesnt plan on staying in it anymore?

I am moving ahead full force to pursue both criminal and civil action against him.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:10 AM
chris'smax

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
This is my experience with SGP Racing. The following are facts only.

I I brought my car (2003 CS Track Model 350z) to Mark at SGP Racing in November of 2008, to have them do a fully built Longblock and install my ATI Procharger kit. Mark told me he could have it done in 4 weeks. He promised me it would be done by Christmas. I paid him for just over half the total invoice the day I dropped off my car. Several weeks later I paid the remainder of the entire bill.

After several unanswered phone calls, I started showing up at his shop at least one time a week. By the way....I live 4 hours away in Louisiana. My car was not touched until February 2009. The Engine and Trans where taken out finally around Feb 5th I think. I was having some paint work done and Mark told me that my Motor was out and the car was across the lot at Pinnacle Paint and Body getting done. So I decide to go see for myself. I get there and see my car at SGP. The guys at SGP tell me its not at the Paint shop because they couldn't take it yet. That they where busy. So I just walked across the lot and started asking around. Come to find out my Paint work was sort of side job for one of the guys at the Paint shop. The owner of Pinnacle flipped out!!!!!

Mark will say he was doing me a favor and saving me tons of money. I never ask for any Hook up Deal. I just wanted my car finished!!

At that point I had enough! I went through a lot of expense to go pick up my Car, Engine and Transmission from Houston.

It has been two weeks now and I still don't have my money!!! I do however have a Car in my garage with no Engine!

Thats sucks man, sorry to hear that! Where in Louisiana are you? Man i wish you would have checked with some of us local guys because i would have deff recomended you to go to Forged in atlanta.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:19 AM
Boostedtrack350

I live in Shreveport. Yeah thats who will do it when I get my money back from SGP. I had know idea. I did some research, but I guess not enough. I just kept hearing good things about SGP. Guess I just came to them at the wrong time. RIP SGP!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:26 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
I wonder who is backing SGP....
Old School and Robert K?

Old 02-28-2009, 07:30 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Shreveport. Yeah thats who will do it when I get my money back from SGP. I had know idea. I did some research, but I guess not enough. I just kept hearing good things about SGP. Guess I just came to them at the wrong time. RIP SGP!
Yep. No offense intended (cuz I made the same mistake of choosing SGP), but this thread was created in October (before you took your car to SGP) and has been getting frequently bumped to the top of the FI forum ever since.

Much of my decision to send my trans to SGP was based on a local SGP customer in AZ who is personal friends with Mark. I met this guy a couple years ago and his SGP built Z was legit. He was a customer of the old SGP. After I sent my trans, I discovered that SGP isn't what they used to be.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 02-28-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:31 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Old School and Robert K?

Old 02-28-2009, 08:03 AM
iamdigital

Guys,

It's only fair I post this here publicly. While only hearsay, I've heard from people on here and another forum (Houston Imports) through PMs that they are not moving anywhere but out of their shop. SGP sounds like it may be impounded or closing. If you have cars or equipment there get it the **** out ASAP!!! or go into overtime trying to. Thanks to those who dropped the information/heads up. I'm gonna move forward pressing charges on Monday anyway and see where it goes.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:21 AM
gotparts?

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Did you used to work with Jotech? Congrats on your success.. Sorry for OT.... I wonder who is backing SGP....
nah i didnt. i USED to work for sgp. but from what is stated in this thread and also what i stated in this thread on why i left.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 AM
XKR

Old 02-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

- Time for a roadtrip to get your stuffs.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:37 AM
NorthSideRacing

Originally Posted by iamdigital
Guys,

It's only fair I post this here publicly. While only hearsay, I've heard from people on here and another forum (Houston Imports) through PMs that they are not moving anywhere but out of their shop. SGP sounds like it may be impounded or closing. If you have cars or equipment there get it the **** out ASAP!!! or go into overtime trying to. Thanks to those who dropped the information/heads up. I'm gonna move forward pressing charges on Monday anyway and see where it goes.
I heard different. I hear they arent closing or moving. Im about to roll by there in a few to see what is really going down

As you guys call it "Reacon" Hopefully the tango isnt down...LOL
Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
I heard different. I hear they arent closing or moving. Im about to roll by there in a few to see what is really going down

Whats "Reacon"

Mark himself told me he was moving...not hearsay!!.....He told me the 2 areas he was looking at....
Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 AM
gotparts?

Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing

hey meedang, we up at the shop doing clean up if you wanna roll up here. gonna bar b que and drink later on along with the bonfire thang. hit us up if you wanna roll up here.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:46 AM
gotparts?

Originally Posted by XKR
Whats "Reacon"

Mark himself told me he was moving.....He told me the 2 areas he was looking at....
mark also told me that when i was working there. kept telling me we moving but never happened.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by gotparts?
mark also told me that when i was working there. kept telling me we moving but never happened.
Its for real this time
Old 02-28-2009, 09:54 AM
iamdigital

Somebody on Houston Imports who claimed to have worked there in the past said they are closing up shop and nobody will sell them parts anymore cause of non-payments. I dropped a thread on there asking if anybody knew what was going on and got a ton of PMs from civic, supra, and Z/G guys with similar stories as well. Two people on here have told me they heard something similar. I can't confirm anything obviously but like I said if you have something there. I'd get it the FAWK out! I'm seriously not trying to scare monger but if they do close/impound it will be very hard to acquire anything you have there...
Old 02-28-2009, 10:02 AM
gotparts?

Originally Posted by XKR
Its for real this time
if it is, good luck to him and his business. he has been saying it even before i was there.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:11 AM
NorthSideRacing

Yea! everything gotparts said i agree. he told me the same ****. im on my way up to the shop
Old 02-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Boostedtrack350

While you are there. Ask Mark When Jason can get his Money back! Since he wont answer my calls! Let us know if there is any work being done on cars today. If he doesnt pay me, I will picket in front of his shop! And call the T.V. station and radio and anyone else I can think of to get it covered!
Old 02-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While you are there. Ask Mark When Jason can get his Money back! Since he wont answer my calls! Let us know if there is any work being done on cars today. If he doesnt pay me, I will picket in front of his shop! And call the T.V. station and radio and anyone else I can think of to get it covered!
I am quite sure he already spent your money. Cannot get back what he does not have.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?