Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 10:05 PM
Frequency 3.5.0

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Come to Jotech at Dallas, they do very good and experienced works (built many reputable project cars as well)... if you can live with a 250 miles of commute driving that is
Old 03-09-2009, 05:40 AM
captj3

Originally Posted by iamdigital
I'm not a law grad but my attorney said if enough of us step up Mark could actually face jail time since he does not appear to have the correct protection policies and insurance for his shop. I'm not sure I want to land somebody with time or the legal battle to escape it but I'm still waiting on people to group up and take things seriously.

You will most certainly not get your parts back guys! Do what you need to do. If Mark makes a claim you need to give him an ultimatum. I'm texting him in the morning and informing him as to what I'll be doing. I'll give him two hours to send me a traceable BofL or tracking number and if nothing faxing my statements. This is theft and fraud and it faces criminal charges, not civil. There are civil matters to look at after prosecution occurs though. Technically you can not only sue for your lost parts/money/time but also you car payments during the period and other things.
You are being to nice about it with sgp. If it were me I would have him locked up and the key thrown away. You would do this to to anyone that stole your car or broke into your house or families house. If it takes jail time then so be it. At least others wouldn't have to worry about him opening another shop and doing it again. If the problem was the economy or just poor business management he still hasn't even tried to make good by sending back the stock parts. Don't be so nice just think if it was you who owed him money. Do you think he would be so understanding?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:02 AM
iamdigital

FYI...

Mark's reply text was that he had a family member pass away and would not be able to get into the shop until Thursday. I'm tempted to not believe this but I'll let it drag for 3 more days in case it's true. If nothing Thursday, I don't care if he is in a coma I'm finishing my filing.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:16 AM
Boostedtrack350

I do know for a fact that his dad passed away and the funeral is Tuesday. Was in the houston paper.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:21 AM
Glex25

Originally Posted by iamdigital
FYI...

Mark's reply text was that he had a family member pass away and would not be able to get into the shop until Thursday. I'm tempted to not believe this but I'll let it drag for 3 more days in case it's true. If nothing Thursday, I don't care if he is in a coma I'm finishing my filing.
Oldest excuse in the book for most scammers
Old 03-09-2009, 07:54 AM
Zmego1985

Not to be rude to anyone on this forum, but the poor guys dad just passed away. Leave him the f*ck alone im sure he will take care of whatever is needed to. I personally own a business and know how hard it his to please the f*cking public. The way it is now everything could be fixed in who evers favor and you would all still bicker. As for the rest of the shops if you guys are the best you claim to be why are you on a forum joining in. Is it to get business out of it? I do not put my nose in my competitors issues. Take a word of my advice I have the best Health Club in my area and I dont do pissing contests you should all do the same. You all seem to me that you all have to much time on your hands. I personally was at the shop a week ago and everything looked ok to me. I trust SGP and I am also the guy with the $96,000 GTR. I hope this settles all those rumors as well. Good luck to you all with any issues that are occuring. Mark will take care of it he is a great guy. I know so first hand I flew out 1800 miles to find out in person.

Sincerely, Glen Gilmore
Old 03-09-2009, 08:00 AM
Zmego1985

Also in life you always here your story, their storys, and then the truth so take that to thought!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so his dad just died? That doesn't excuse what has been going on BEFORE his dad died. I cannot believe people are taking this long to file police reports. Just makes the case weaker by dragging the filing process out.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury. If these people have had their stuff stolen, why did it take them months to file a report?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:46 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Boostedtrack350
I do know for a fact that his dad passed away and the funeral is Tuesday. Was in the houston paper.
That works when you have a paper due in HS, it does not work when you are in front of a judge.

My condolences to Mark for losing his father, but that is outside the scope of the issues being discussed here.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 AM
Zmego1985

Not to be rude but Im sure their is more to these stories than is being told. Maybe not for everyone but for some I am sure. Also if Mark was to defend himself on here it would go on forever, and SGP would surely not get anything done.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:10 AM
UpRev
Banned

Originally Posted by Zmego1985
Not to be rude to anyone on this forum, but the poor guys dad just passed away. Leave him the f*ck alone im sure he will take care of whatever is needed to. I personally own a business and know how hard it his to please the f*cking public. The way it is now everything could be fixed in who evers favor and you would all still bicker. As for the rest of the shops if you guys are the best you claim to be why are you on a forum joining in. Is it to get business out of it? I do not put my nose in my competitors issues. Take a word of my advice I have the best Health Club in my area and I dont do pissing contests you should all do the same. You all seem to me that you all have to much time on your hands. I personally was at the shop a week ago and everything looked ok to me. I trust SGP and I am also the guy with the $96,000 GTR. I hope this settles all those rumors as well. Good luck to you all with any issues that are occuring. Mark will take care of it he is a great guy. I know so first hand I flew out 1800 miles to find out in person.

Sincerely, Glen Gilmore
Glen, his fathers passing may be a touchy subject, and I honestly feel bad for anyone in that situation.

After hearing about the things he's done to customers, you trusting him with your car and having to tell us how much you spent on it just seems out of place. I don't care if a customer has a $96,000 GTR or a $4,000 Civic, they aren't going to be lied to, they aren't going to be charged for things never done or installed, they aren't going to get excuses every time they ask for an answer, and they are going to get an answer when they call.

If you run your company that way and thats why you think it's hard to please the f*cking public, then I guess thats why you and he get along well. The public signs my paycheck every week, and while they may not be as educated as I am about their own vehicle, I don't expect them to be, thats why I get paid for what I do as I am the expert. If the f*cking public has anything bad to say that is legitimate about my company then I'll discuss it when them in private or in the open to make sure that they are satisfied or atleast things are made obvious rather than hide and lie and never respond to the f*cking public.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:10 AM
UpRev
Banned

Not to be rude but Im sure their is more to these stories than is being told. Maybe not for everyone but for some I am sure. Also if Mark was to defend himself on here it would go on forever, and SGP would surely not get anything done.
What are they getting done exactly?

NVM just caught up with the last couple pages. I see Marks been busy stealing injectors from one customer to put in another customers car, and also making a Utec disappear. You're correct, Mark is far too busy stealing to be online.

Last edited by UpRev; 03-09-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Zmego1985

Well from what I saw their everything was legit I would know I was in the shop, but I guess Im crazy or blind.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:30 AM
UpRev
Banned

Well from what I saw their everything was legit I would know I was in the shop, but I guess Im crazy or blind.
Yeah it is pretty obvious that these guys are all making up stories. Like the guy that was at the shop this weekend and Mark TOLD HIM that he stole his injectors for another car, and the guy saw his Utec was missing. And the guy that had his transmission checked by a non-involved shop that has proof that the transmission work was not done.

I can see why you don't trust these people.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:33 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah....you're probably right.....by scanning the shop, that should be enough to give you the intimate details of each customer* and every transaction.......
Old 03-09-2009, 09:35 AM
Zmego1985

All im saying is anyone can come on any public forum and claim things. Unless I was their to witness that stuff I would not believe a thing.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:41 AM
Zmego1985

Well for starters the cars in the shop were getting worked on, and the junks outside I would put into a trash compactor for taking up space.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Zmego1985

Alot of the vehicles outside the job had to be in a car accident.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:48 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Or can't read...about 60 pages of complaints...

Old 03-09-2009, 09:55 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sincerely, Glen Gilmore
+

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/on-lPdEsaFc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/on-lPdEsaFc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>

I own a business too, and in the real world customers and creditors don't give two ***** about your personal drama, everyone has their own to deal with and nobody wants to hear someone else's drama.

If its in the paper I can understand giving him a few days, but that wouldn't stop me from filing digital, a crook is a crook and you did not put him in the hole he has dug for himself and his shop.

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?