Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:58 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zmego1985
All im saying is anyone can come on any public forum and claim things. Unless I was their to witness that stuff I would not believe a thing.
Intense can provide the invoice for the fully builty auto trans I ordered and paid for through Intense. Up until my transaction, Intense had a good working relationship with SGP and never posted anything negative about them in the forums. Intense is not known to be an "enemy" of SGP here on my350z and there is no history of bad blood. Other members here can vouch for that, if you need some historical perspective.

So if the inspection of my trans yields similar results to what was discovered on Marshall's (mrg1981) independant 3rd party inspection on his trans, you will be hard pressed to allege that our claims are illegitimate fabrications.

We have no ulterior motive(s). The situation is delaying my car project and is keeping Marshall off the road after he had just completed (so we thought) his car project. Trust me when I say that neither one of us want to pay twice for a transmission build. We both want our cars up and running YESTERDAY.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Zmego1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im all done argueing on here as for the rest of you you should do the same.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-09-2009, 10:18 AM
350z006

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

You're not the boss of us...

Old 03-09-2009, 11:47 AM
iamdigital

Ok guys, let's have some respect. If Mark lost a relative it doesn't need to be dragged through the coals on here. I personally will give him the few days to tend to his family. No matter what bullshish has happened there are morals I won't slash no matter how p1ssed off I am. I'm just asking to leave that point out of posts. No need to disrespect the deceased. I'll update the thread with what happens on Friday as according to Mark my tranny is crated up and ready to ship last week before the incident.

As for delaying on filing. At one point I was still hoping that there was actually a storm of events that put everything behind and hoping to get my transmission. I'm guessing a lot of people wanted just to get their stuff back and filing a report is kind of the last effort when you KNOW you're not getting it back.

On a last note. I've been PM'n another shop a few times for quotes on 1: building a new AT and now 2: swapping with a 6MT and no responses. WTF man, I guess you need to be buddies with shop owners to get stuff done or show up with cash in hand to make it happen. I say we need to create a section for vendors and have different topic areas for each vendor/shop like other car forums have. Then threads can be posted congratulating or calling out the goings on and each shop could easily manage incidents without having to search the forum for their name. Also a great place for them to advertise specials, new stuff, etc... Mod's do we have, can we have this? Anybody else think that's a good idea? I am one of those mentioned above who at this point doesn't trust anything anymore. All I read were good reviews of SGP on here and I think they were a great shop that ran into issues. However, had I seen a thread like this in the past I would of never shipped my tranny in. We need a place to keep everybody honest and everybody informed. That's half the value of this forum is for n00bs to get the info they're looking for right?

Last edited by iamdigital; 03-09-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:08 PM
niceguyyy01

Default building a new AT

I think you still have some good choices here... but I have to give my nod to SFR. Tim has gone out of his way to get mine back together and even upgrade it to make it one of the baddest 5AT's available.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
iamdigital

Originally Posted by niceguyyy01
I think you still have some good choices here... but I have to give my nod to SFR. Tim has gone out of his way to get mine back together and even upgrade it to make it one of the baddest 5AT's available.
Yeah I totally trust Tim too but at this point if I actually decide to keep a Z I'll be swapping it to manual. I can change a clutch on my own but not sure about a clutch pack. Only 1 shop I know who does the conversion. Waiting for them to hit me up with some pricing to make my decision and ship my car off or just throw it all away.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:59 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Well from what I saw their everything was legit I would know I was in the shop, but I guess Im crazy or blind.
Anyone can vouch for me on this thread. I have not bashed Mark, even though I have not defended him either. I posted my story regarding my situation with SGP/Mark. I walk around the shop more frequently than most, and I know there are cars outside, that are in limbo because of some of the things that have occured with the shop having problems.

I'm not saying you're crazy or blind, I just don't think you have the same perspective as myself who has spent plenty of days at SGP.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
gotparts?

Well for starters the cars in the shop were getting worked on, and the junks outside I would put into a trash compactor for taking up space.
the junks you speak of outside are cars that have been paid in full. they are taking up space due to no parts or there motors are at the machines shop waiting on payment from him.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:10 PM
gotparts?

iamdigital where did you ship your trans from? what state and city?
Old 03-09-2009, 02:30 PM
turismo

I thought you picked up your GTR from SGP because you felt he was shaddy
Old 03-09-2009, 02:32 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by MethodRN
Anyone can vouch for me on this thread. I have not bashed Mark, even though I have not defended him either. I posted my story regarding my situation with SGP/Mark. I walk around the shop more frequently than most, and I know there are cars outside, that are in limbo because of some of the things that have occured with the shop having problems.

I'm not saying you're crazy or blind, I just don't think you have the same perspective as myself who has spent plenty of days at SGP.
He speaks da troof
Old 03-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Zmego1985

Only after phone calls from some people on here. So instead of doing something irrational, and pulling the car out I got a ticket and flew down to see for myself. Everything was getting performed that I asked.

Sincerely Glen
Old 03-09-2009, 04:06 PM
turismo

Only after phone calls from some people on here. So instead of doing something irrational, and pulling the car out I got a ticket and flew down to see for myself. Everything was getting performed that I asked.

Sincerely Glen
So you asked Mark to build you an intake, exhaust and build your trans . Didn't he also tell you he's able to upgrade the GTR's transmission . You're in for a rude awakening my friend! Don't be surprised if you find 350z parts in your trans.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:36 PM
Zmego1985

I trust him also how the hell could you fit 350z parts in a GTR they are totally different cars especially transmissions.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I trust him also how the hell could you fit 350z parts in a GTR they are totally different cars especially transmissions.
So, he has no money for machining or to finish customer's builds, but he has enough to get ahold of super expensive GTR transmission upgrade parts? Where are the GTR parts coming from anyway?
Old 03-09-2009, 04:59 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by Cass007
So, he has no money for machining or to finish customer's builds, but he has enough to get ahold of super expensive GTR transmission upgrade parts? Where are the GTR parts coming from anyway?
There are none that's the thing. Mark is suckering this guy into purchasing upgraded trans parts
Old 03-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turismo
There are none that's the thing. Mark is suckering this guy into purchasing upgraded trans parts
WRONG!!! Scott at RA is selling his new custom RA designed GTR transmission parts. It is all part of their new custom designed line. He was also going to start making his own custom designed upgraded turbos for cars
Old 03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turismo
Wow.....
Old 03-09-2009, 05:03 PM
turismo

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
WRONG!!! Scott at RA is selling his new custom RA designed GTR transmission parts. It is all part of their new custom designed line. He was also going to start making his own custom designed upgraded turbos for cars

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?