Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SGP Racing a Scammer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:35 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

5 months and 15 days since digital started this thread - there are some patient ****'s out there - how Mark hasn't seen the Sheriff yet is beyond me .

I think I could have gone to tech school and learned how to build my own transmission by now .
Old 03-25-2009, 06:31 AM
captj3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iamdigital
I faxed over my report today. Gave it a bit more to go and decided fawk it he ain't sending me a tranny ever. Supposedly he has the paperwork done on shipping but....
I really hope they hang him by his ***** and you follow through with this to the fullest extent of the law. Now the other people who were ripped off have to do the same.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by SGP-BFH
Well, imagine my surprise when I go online to check up on how SGP is doing, only to see this thread pop up. I first visited the houston-imports site, only to see that SGP has been removed as one of the sponsors ( along with a lot of other shops) and there was a link to this thread.

I've read most of the thread ( had to skip to about every 4 pages ) and I feel like I'm watching a train wreck unfold right before me.

I worked at SGP about 3 years ago ( Kyle was still around ). It was my first mechanic job after I had just graduated automotive tech school. I had a buddy that worked there to help me get my foot in the door. It was like everything I had ever dreamed of had come true. We worked on some sick cars, went in at 10 and stayed there till all hours just havin a good time and working, making some good friends along the way, both with co-workers and customers.

After Kyle left / got booted things went down hill from there, Mark had to spend more time up front handling orders and phone calls as opposed to being at the welder or at the dyno where he was needed and that was just the start of where we were getting backed up. More jobs kept coming in, even while the stuff we were doing at the moment had to be put on hold due to whatever the circumstances were, waiting on parts, waiting on customer payment or what have you.

At some point someone should have realized that we couldn't continue to work that way, but all of that was out of sight out of mind when we had cars doing 600hp dyno pulls next door and customers coming back from their test drives with smiles glued to their faces.

Employees were always coming and going, during the two years I worked there I watched at least 4 techs come and go for different reasons. I think this was one of the problems, because many cars had been there longer than the techs and no one knew what the hell was going on. My first job there was a 3000gt that had moved with the shop from Deer Park, I'll never build another 6G as long as I live.

Thomas was brought in to work the front, some folks have said that he was the source of a lot of their woes, but in truth he really is a good guy, prolly just wasent very good at what he was doing and most likely didnt have the knowledge it required of him.

For those of you who apparently found stock parts in your " built " transmissions... we never built trannies there. Whoever Mark sent your transmissions to jacked them up and in a normal situation I would tell you to get a hold of Mark because he needs to know this sort of thing and not deal with these people anymore. I have installed z33 valve bodies and torque converters while working at SGP and unless things have changed, they don't ever actually open up your tranny. If you have never opened up an automatic tranny, i can tell you its no fun, there is a whole mess of parts, friction discs, plates and gears, more moving parts than anyone in their right mind would like to deal with. Someone needs to bring this to Mark's attention ( through email i suppose) asap so no one gets another one of these trannies if it was assembled the way Chris claims.

I will always look back on my time at SGP with fond memories. We were like a family and did everything together. I believe that Mark is a good guy deep down and is not intentionally trying to screw people, but I also know that the shop is everything to him and he would do just about anything to keep it going. This stuff about him being on drugs... you can just throw that out right away. He is likely pushing 40 now, back in the day he's done his share of drugs and drinking, but he wouldn't even smoke with us when we had offered it to him several times. Hell, after the meds he was on for his second back surgery, he couldn't even drink.

R.I.P. to Mark's dad, Terry ( Bub ) who was quite possibly the nicest guy I've ever met.

obviously that was a long time ago.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:20 AM
OCG35
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboTim
I feel bad now since some guys on here are worried about getting there cars,parts,money,etc..... and we are talking about trannies.It was not my intenion to steer this thread completly off track, so I wont post in this thread anymore. I will start another thread as soon as I can but give me a little time since I am putting together more info and pictures and stuff, maybe even a little video, for the tranny illiterate types. LOL.
it is good protocol to prevent OT and open a new thread... but you have sparked a lot of interest here - so please at least post a link to the new thread once available... thanks
Old 03-25-2009, 09:55 AM
iamdigital

Originally Posted by Cass007
5 months and 15 days since digital started this thread - there are some patient ****'s out there - how Mark hasn't seen the Sheriff yet is beyond me .

I think I could have gone to tech school and learned how to build my own transmission by now .
People better follow my lead. I too fell victim of hoping that if I gave him another chance I'd get my tranny back soon enough but after seeing the work done on other's I'm thinking it's not worth it. By the time I ship to somebody else to have repairs I'm at the price of buying a new one anyway.

Unfortunately while the PD is very anxious to bust somebody the sheriff out there has pretty much the same amount of tenacity as SGP. Something in the water I'm gonna have my secretary call daily for updates though
Old 03-25-2009, 12:31 PM
stormcrow

yes, thanks Tim. i understand what you were saying now...
Old 03-26-2009, 10:00 AM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I am waiting to get the pictures of my transmission and a commitment from Chris that he is willing to testify as an expert witness if this goes to a criminal trial. I will be pushing for criminal charges as soon as those 2 items are done.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:21 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by mrg1981
I am waiting to get the pictures of my transmission and a commitment from Chris that he is willing to testify as an expert witness if this goes to a criminal trial. I will be pushing for criminal charges as soon as those 2 items are done.
..... fack him
Old 03-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No new word from Mark? or SGP driveby?
Old 03-26-2009, 05:14 PM
NorthSideRacing

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
No new word from Mark? or SGP driveby?
I drove by there today, on my way to an appointment. They were open
Old 03-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NorthSideRacing
I drove by there today, on my way to an appointment. They were open
Thanks!! I wonder WTF he is doing about all of this..
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Officially here to help! Hit us up!
Old 04-01-2009, 09:28 PM
iamdigital

Chatted with Mark today for a bit. Turns out he was fkd like we've been fkd. He was talking pretty straight and pissed off about finding out that his transmission builder was doing this. He said he was gonna have an old guy re-inspect mine. I've already moved on and going to have Tim do my tranny but I'm gonna have him inspect it and send it out to me or one of the others that have been ***** on here. Appeared very stressed and was apologetic for all the *****.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:14 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Chatted with Mark today for a bit. Turns out he was fkd like we've been fkd. He was talking pretty straight and pissed off about finding out that his transmission builder was doing this. He said he was gonna have an old guy re-inspect mine. I've already moved on and going to have Tim do my tranny but I'm gonna have him inspect it and send it out to me or one of the others that have been ***** on here. Appeared very stressed and was apologetic for all the *****.
Soooo...does that mean he'll pay me back for the work that was never done?
Old 04-02-2009, 07:45 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

BS....
just tell him to build you a tranny and sent it back to you... it should be his own cost to come up with a core too.
And when you get it... sell it.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:03 AM
escobar929

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
BS....
just tell him to build you a tranny and sent it back to you... it should be his own cost to come up with a core too.
And when you get it... sell it.
+1 IMO thats the only way to go
Old 04-02-2009, 03:30 PM
iamdigital

I guess what I'm saying is I no longer need the tranny and I highly doubt it'll sell on here so I'm writing it off and saying fawk it. What I was offering is that he finish it and send it out to somebody who got one with stock parts in their "built" tranny. Just tying to be a trooper for somebody but I think everybody who got one that ended up crapped already rebuilt through somebody else anyway...
Old 04-02-2009, 06:02 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Despite what Mark told you, he evidently hasn't felt bad or apologetic enough to contact Intense and attempt to rectify the situation with Marshall and I.

If Mark is sincere (which I doubt), he will contact Intense (which he knows how to do) and offer a refund for the troubles that Marshall and I experienced. Otherwise, Mark is just FOS and playing games with you.

Originally Posted by mrg1981
Soooo...does that mean he'll pay me back for the work that was never done?
+1 Marshall

Bottom line: Mark thus far has made no attempt to make things right with Marshall and I. If Mark makes no effort or attempt to resolve the matter in a satisfactory manner (IMO a refund is appropriate at this point), then I will pursue criminal prosecution against him.

BTW... FYI to those considering pursuing a criminal case against SGP/Mark... You should contact the Texas Attorney General instead of the local sheriff department. The Attorney General's Office handles cases involving consumer fraud.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 04-02-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:00 PM
iamdigital

Just as a note the sheriff told me to talk to the AG about fraud and the AG told me to talk to the sheriff about THEFT as opposed to consumer fraud. That was the route I took. I don't have time to fawk with either anymore and nobody on here at the time I asked was willing to jump in with me hiring an attorney so I have written off my loss and moving on.

I'm not siding with SGP's actions in handling our problems and remember I'm out a transmission as well, just giving and update... I think Mark is leaving the shop very soon or closing it down from his texts.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:40 PM
go-fast
Banned

Just as a note the sheriff told me to talk to the AG about fraud and the AG told me to talk to the sheriff about THEFT as opposed to consumer fraud. That was the route I took. I don't have time to fawk with either anymore and nobody on here at the time I asked was willing to jump in with me hiring an attorney so I have written off my loss and moving on.

I'm not siding with SGP's actions in handling our problems and remember I'm out a transmission as well, just giving and update... I think Mark is leaving the shop very soon or closing it down from his texts.
letting it go not only affects you,but sets the stage for a repeat performance.do you really want the next guy to get raped when you could have prevented it?
sgp needs a strike against them so that when they try this $hit again the judge,sheriff or ag see's a pattern and will respond more aggressively.right now they only see you.....one pissed customer.guess how many of those they see a day?

Quick Reply: SGP Racing a Scammer?