Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 05:19 PM
ibkarlito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is that what's left of your budget

......sorry bro, I had to ...can't wait to see the BBK
Old 12-06-2008, 06:44 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 12-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ibkarlito

Is that what's left of your budget

......sorry bro, I had to ...can't wait to see the BBK
- the budget is already shot. I was hoping for $12-15K, but it looks like that will be spent in parts alone, before anything is even in the car. At this point I am trying to keep it under $20K, but I am also trying to just do things right the first time, so once my build is done I can enjoy the car for a while and not keep sending it out to add parts and re-tunes.

I'm also hoping that the economy doesn't catch up with me after the first of the year, so far business has been steady, so I can keep making progress. I had to intercept the credit card bill this month so the wife can't see all my purchases, but she's getting suspicious because packages keep showing up at the house. I think I need to start having stuff delivered to my work instead.

Still looking for members input on how to get the new front fascia mounted. Do most people do it themselves or take it to a body/paint shop?
Old 12-07-2008, 07:55 AM
SweetDreamZ

I took my stuff to a body shop cuz i didn't have the guts to try it myself. That being said...I kinda regret doing it. I'm sure that if I would have just taken the time to try it myself, it would have been fine. Especially if you have a quality piece...and i'm guessing that your front is. You could always just try bolting it all up and check the fitment. Worst that happens is that fitment is off...and you don't feel comfortable trying to make any adjustments...so you just go ahead and take it to the shop. Best case scenario....fitment looks great all bolted up...so then you can just take it into the shop and have them paint/color match/blend....whatever is necessary....and then you can install it yourself after it's all painted. Would save you a little coin anyways...
Old 12-07-2008, 08:14 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Originally Posted by Cass007
I had to intercept the credit card bill this month so the wife can't see all my purchases, but she's getting suspicious because packages keep showing up at the house. I think I need to start having stuff delivered to my work instead.
Oh boy You better get some Christmas gifts in similar size boxes next to the tree... Or you're f*cked! LOL</p>
Old 12-10-2008, 09:43 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

BUMP for a check welfare on Cass

The last we heard... the wife was suspicious.

You OK bro???
Old 12-10-2008, 09:51 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

lol

funny thing is i started having the sutff i bought shipped directly to intense or too my house for the very same reasons lol

yes i have some big boxes under the xmass tree rude(babys toys)
Old 12-10-2008, 07:51 PM
thachadd

subscribing
Old 12-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Things are good with the wife for now, I just need to have lots of gifts under that tree for her soon. I do the guy thing and do all the shopping in one day, maybe next week. I told her that the new brakes were just "swapped" for my set with a forum member that is trading in his car.

Anyway, right now I am in a holding pattern waiting on parts. Frank spec'd out the new main bearings on Monday and got them on order, they should be in any day. We are also hoping that the heads will be back next week as well, but I had to get 20 or so new buckets and that has been the hold up (of course more $$$ as well). I am dropping off a few more goodies at the powder coater this week, I figure I've already started making things look nice, so I might as well bling it out a bit.

I hope to have pics up from the brake "swap" before Christmas and I just got a text from Frank that assembly should start next week on the shortblock. As soon as the heads get back I will tally up the rebuild bills so far and give the seller a gift of a paypal claim and possible lawsuit for the holiday season, did I mention that he gauranteed the motor until Febuary 2009. I will update that drama as it unfolds - I will start by using my nice lawyer, but if that doesn't work I will call in my bulldog, that guy just wins!

Lastly, I have made the decision not to return to stock to pass emissions in PA. I will become a "snowbird" and establish dual residency in PA and Florida and have my car titled in Florida. This will save me the hastle of PA inspection and emissions, while at the same time allowing me to accelerate my build schedule. I really want to try and make the airstrip event .

Oh, I'll post up some before pics of the stuff that is being sent out for Jet Hot. I'm excited to open my APS boxes . Thanks to everyone for the continuing interest.
Old 12-11-2008, 07:44 AM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like I said earlier.....once everything is in hand the build goes FAST. Once all my parts finally showed, SP had my car done in a week lol. Just waiting on those last few pieces felt like forever.

good luck and enjoy the holidays.

Tom

Things are good with the wife for now, I just need to have lots of gifts under that tree for her soon. I do the guy thing and do all the shopping in one day, maybe next week. I told her that the new brakes were just "swapped" for my set with a forum member that is trading in his car.

Anyway, right now I am in a holding pattern waiting on parts. Frank spec'd out the new main bearings on Monday and got them on order, they should be in any day. We are also hoping that the heads will be back next week as well, but I had to get 20 or so new buckets and that has been the hold up (of course more $$$ as well). I am dropping off a few more goodies at the powder coater this week, I figure I've already started making things look nice, so I might as well bling it out a bit.

I hope to have pics up from the brake "swap" before Christmas and I just got a text from Frank that assembly should start next week on the shortblock. As soon as the heads get back I will tally up the rebuild bills so far and give the seller a gift of a paypal claim and possible lawsuit for the holiday season, did I mention that he gauranteed the motor until Febuary 2009. I will update that drama as it unfolds - I will start by using my nice lawyer, but if that doesn't work I will call in my bulldog, that guy just wins!

Lastly, I have made the decision not to return to stock to pass emissions in PA. I will become a "snowbird" and establish dual residency in PA and Florida and have my car titled in Florida. This will save me the hastle of PA inspection and emissions, while at the same time allowing me to accelerate my build schedule. I really want to try and make the airstrip event .

Oh, I'll post up some before pics of the stuff that is being sent out for Jet Hot. I'm excited to open my APS boxes . Thanks to everyone for the continuing interest.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:10 AM
escobar929

nice bro, no emissions in florida is awesome
Old 12-11-2008, 02:08 PM
anotheraznguy

maybe slightly off topic but how are you pulling off dual residency in florida?
Old 12-11-2008, 02:25 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by anotheraznguy
maybe slightly off topic but how are you pulling off dual residency in florida?
Are you a cop or affiliated with any state or federal agency?

My mother has a house in FL, vehicle registration is easy because of high number of people that are part-time residents.
Old 12-11-2008, 03:46 PM
jtgli

If you make it to the airstrip even Im riding with you Chris! My car will look slow there
Old 12-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by jtgli
If you make it to the airstrip even Im riding with you Chris! My car will look slow there
You would be more than welcome Jon, but your car is definately not slow. I wish I had a bit more of your DIY confidence, might be saving myself some coin right now.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:24 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

LOL Glad you're doing OK and your ******* is still attached to your body. Good luck with the Christmas shopping!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:32 PM
jtgli

Ha well my DIY confidence stops when it comes to assembling the motor so as this stage Id even be having some else do it for me. Whose installing your turbo kit though? Frank or Dave?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Default Noob move !!!!

I just had a quailty noob moment. The car is up on jack stands and has the wheels and brakes removed for the brake swap. I figured I would start it up since its been on the trickle charger for a while and then........ I did not realize that the car was in gear when I disengaged the clutch and I have now put myself in limp mode!!!! Stupid dash lit up with the slip light and traction control light and car won't rev past 2K.

I need some of the more experienced members to tell me how to make this go away. I could find it by searching, but F/I is slow right now and there is not much else to do. Thanks in advance for the help.

On the up side, I have updates, some pics of an existing mod and some new parts that came in.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 AM
escobar929

doh!
Old 12-15-2008, 10:49 AM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is resetting the ECU enough to reset out of limp mode? If it is just pull neg battery cable for a bit (30min is plenty). But not sure if thats enough for limp mode.

tom

I just had a quailty noob moment. The car is up on jack stands and has the wheels and brakes removed for the brake swap. I figured I would start it up since its been on the trickle charger for a while and then........ I did not realize that the car was in gear when I disengaged the clutch and I have now put myself in limp mode!!!! Stupid dash lit up with the slip light and traction control light and car won't rev past 2K.

I need some of the more experienced members to tell me how to make this go away. I could find it by searching, but F/I is slow right now and there is not much else to do. Thanks in advance for the help.

On the up side, I have updates, some pics of an existing mod and some new parts that came in.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress