Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 04:08 PM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
For sure Paul

BTW.... Jkenefic has changed his screen name to "Mad Scientist".... someone asked me about that... Just wanted to pass tha info on....
Good to know he has finally accepted his new name. Once I rode in that car and learned of all the history, "Mad Scientist" fit him perfectly

That's just one of many "small" forum items that get fixed at ZdayZ. Cass however has a serious problem, need to get started a little earlier on this one so he'll be there and ready to ride in that flying lawnmower
Old 07-12-2009, 04:17 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by Cass007
The oil was filled to the full line on the dipstick and was golden brown in color, not black or grey like what came out of the pan. I saw this in person just before teardown began. I have no idea who filled it though or why it was at that level when the instructions in the APS kit clearly say to only fill to the low level when using the APS pan.
The "full" line, also known as the "normal" line is perfectly acceptable for the APS-TT. No problem there, the motor had plenty of oil.

Meh, the instructions say "low" but that doesn't tell the story for all cars, ask APS Peter will tell you. My car has never seen an oil change at the "low" level. That's not the problem, everyone move forward a step, no more post on oil levels.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:38 PM
thefireboy

The oil was filled to the full line on the dipstick and was golden brown in color, not black or grey like what came out of the pan. I saw this in person just before teardown began. I have no idea who filled it though or why it was at that level when the instructions in the APS kit clearly say to only fill to the low level when using the APS pan.
kkkkk

Last edited by thefireboy; 07-12-2009 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:46 PM
ToastZ

Originally Posted by thefireboy
mmmm
The grey stuff was in the bottom of the pan.
Old 07-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nick - you can keep stirring the pot and trying to get people to wonder what happened, when and why, but none of that changes my situation one bit. Every piece of infomation I am posting is the complete truth as far as I understand it.

I can no longer worry about the shops or their respective reputations, I can only try and recoup my loss and move on with as little pain for everyone involved as possible. The longer this drags on (already 2.5 weeks) the more upset I will get and the nastier things will become.

Frank and Dave are good people running good shops, I wish neither of them any ill will whatsoever, but my experience has been a repeated pattern of failure that I no longer wish to continue. I just need to be compensated for my loss so I can move on somewhere else.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
Havok_RLS2

mmmm
That the sound you make with Franks junk in your mouth?
Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
thefireboy

thats fine i am not speaking for any shop either jsut for me and my thoughts.. and i am just making point of things that people seem to miss or dont pay any attention to.. i am done in this thread.. i hope things work out for you chris and i hope to see you on the streets or meets with a running car...
Old 07-12-2009, 05:09 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I wish you all the best Cass......I just hope Dave isn't the one coughing up the $$$.....seems all signs point towards Frank IMO.

Good luck.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:41 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

thats fine i am not speaking for any shop either jsut for me and my thoughts.. and i am just making point of things that people seem to miss or dont pay any attention to.. i am done in this thread.. i hope things work out for you chris and i hope to see you on the streets or meets with a running car...

You sure? you remind me of blublur defending halo 3
Old 07-12-2009, 06:15 PM
jtgli

Waiting for thefireboy's next nut hugging comment.......
Old 07-12-2009, 06:22 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

but as my car just sits and the shops don't seem to be working together to resolve my issues, I am forced to start just looking after my own best interests and let the chips fall where they may.

If shops think the cost of my rebuild is expensive, just wait till you see the lawsiut (not a threat, just the reality).

This is a bad bet for sure. I'm 3 motors deep and the car has never seen the road under boost with me driving. This is moving past relationships and "I'm sorry" to business and there is nothing I can do about that.
^^^ Therein lies the problem right now and the shame in all of this. It seems that the shops are putting their own self-interest above doing the right thing to make you whole again ASAP with the Z build you paid them for.

You told me yourself that Frank had a negative reaction at the teardown when Justice proposed that he should just cover this second motor failure. Frank didn't seem to like that idea, huh?

So is Frank really such a "nice guy"???

I indeed think it is time for you to stop being the nice guy and handle "business" by getting your lawyer involved.
Originally Posted by thom000001
Chris, Sucks even more than any other result so far.

IMHO get your car away from both of these shops (as you are doing).

You have a motor that looks like it just did a full season of ALMS racing and it ran for less than 1000miles. To me either something (like say um A RAG) caused debree to get into the motor and starve parts for oil OR, the motor was not Mic'd out when it was built. IE they didn't measure the tolerances of bearings, shaft play, etc and used the wrong bearing clearances and such.

And the turbo OMG Chris, you should HAVE DEMANDED a full inspection at FRANK's cost when it was found. But thats beside the point

Give them an ultimatum at this point.....Either they pay another shop (UP FRONT btw) to rectify the situation cause these 2 CANNOT BE TRUSTED with your car/parts at this point. Or a judge can have them refund ALL your money based on receipts, plus pay any damages for your lost time (and yes a judge can/will do this..I had to for a shop up here years ago that did something similar to my Z31)........up to them.

tom
Excellent post. I couldn't agree more.

It's time for Chris's attorney to jam a lawsuit up some asses "dry and sideways".

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 07-12-2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:37 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I hope you are done, cuz your lame and naive "nice guy" defense of Frank was making me wanna puke. You "don't wanna go there". People who met Scott Bush and Mark Gust will tell you that they are both "nice guys". Do you really wanna be compared to nuthuggers like Lawchick and RobertK??? Cuz you will be if you choose to continue down this slippery road of FAIL.

Your friend Frank took advantage of your friend Chris when he duped Chris into thinking that the powdercoat was responsible for the first engine failure. People who have first hand experience building VQ's have posted that this is BS.

And then your friend Frank balked at the idea of covering the second motor failure when it was proposed to him at the teardown by Justice.

Bottom line: One of your friends is screwing over your other friend. Either choose a side or bow out and STFU to preserve both friendships. I suggest the latter.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 07-12-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:42 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
You sure? you remind me of blublur defending halo 3
actually this guy is reminding me of the old navygolf syndrome... check for refence of a case study

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
I hope you are done, cuz your lame and naive "nice guy" defense of Frank was making me wanna puke. You "don't wanna go there". People who met Scott Bush and Mark Gust will tell you that they are both "nice guys". Do you really wanna be compared to nuthuggers like Lawchick and RobertK??? Cuz you will be if you choose continue down this slippery road of FAIL..
, i guess kind of late

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 07-12-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by jtgli
Waiting for thefireboy's next nut hugging comment.......
Wait for it..... Any minute now.....
Old 07-12-2009, 08:43 PM
zman1982

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cass this is terrible the lack of business ethics that are being displayed here. I agree with the fact that it is time to put the nice guy away, you have swallowed enough of your pride here.

And WTF is the deal with fireboy is he somehow related to Lawchick? I mean this is cut and dry, it's been ever since the rag was found.

I hope that someone mans the f*ck up here and soon, it just seems like the Mid-A is so damn inconsistant when it comes to the VQ community.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:23 PM
nyqueenz

Chris sent u a PM..
Old 07-12-2009, 10:30 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Everyone in here sees the story though the victim's eyes and yes, the 100% correct thing to do is to get him on the road regardless of whos fault it is. But did anyone stop and think of how the shops view this issue?

From a business perspective, they're not going to offer any compensation unless there is a definite shop to blame for the issue. If you run a business, you know that it's thousands of dollars in resources you have to cough up. So unless you absolutely HAVE TO cough it up: the reality of the situation is... it NEVER will be coughed up unless proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Sorry to bring the bad news, but no one is going to do squat or compensate crap for you Chris... regardless of how friendly they are to you. So if you're just waiting around for them to resolve it, it ain't gonna happen and you're just wasting more time since it seems like ppl are busting out the "I didn't do it... HE DID!" card. At the end of the day: broken motor or not, money's money, and no one wants to give that away unless they're forced to.

"Nice guys always finish last" time to unleash the inner-A**hole! A job needs to get done and someone needs to pay.

Last edited by abui01; 07-12-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:45 PM
nyqueenz

^ to be honest i belive in this 100% as i look over my invoice from Hill's Garage..

BOLD letters "NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO CARS OR ARTICLES LEFT IN CARS IN CASE OF FIRE, THEFT OR ANY OTHER CAUSE"

OF note ...
quote" We welcome you to provide any parts for your project, but any and all parts you would like Hill's Garage to provide for your project will be at your approval only and we will require additional payments as parts are supplied.

Lance, you do understand we do not provide warranty for any parts you provide for your project? We will help anyway possible if issues arise." end quote

bottom line is we as in Chris and I accepted this agreement when we signed over our cars to Hills Garage.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:02 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by nyqueenz
^ to be honest i belive in this 100% as i look over my invoice from Hill's Garage..

BOLD letters "NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO CARS OR ARTICLES LEFT IN CARS IN CASE OF FIRE, THEFT OR ANY OTHER CAUSE"

OF note ...
quote" We welcome you to provide any parts for your project, but any and all parts you would like Hill's Garage to provide for your project will be at your approval only and we will require additional payments as parts are supplied.

Lance, you do understand we do not provide warranty for any parts you provide for your project? We will help anyway possible if issues arise." end quote

bottom line is we as in Chris and I accepted this agreement when we signed over our cars to Hills Garage.
If thats true then its all the more reason never to ever take your car to Hills Garage. How that reads is "You can pay me to do the work but I'm not responsible for anything that happens while your car is in my care or the service I provide... EVER." It's utterly stupid to agree to a contract like that.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:38 AM
alan21

hey nyqueenz if i were you I would get my car out of hills garage asap. He built two motors and both failed the same way, coinsidence, I think not. His work appears very sloppy (first motor he had to beat the cam gears covers on with a hammer and the second he left the biggest rag ever in the f*cking turbo intake). Plus now he will not even own up to his mistakes, this makes me sick to my stomach. Cass I feel so bad for you man I wish you the best and I hope you finally get to enjoy this thing someday. You just need to have everything done at one place and maybe consider a more proven EMS. I just dont understand how i can do a built motor swap with all the goodies in my driveway but this so called professional can not even accomplish this task

p.s that little contract he made you sign is just plain ********. Everyone needs to stay as far away from hills garbage (not a typo) as they can!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by alan21; 07-13-2009 at 05:42 AM.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress