Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:44 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
Not saying i am one but.....Whats wrong with dropping the car off and expecting to have it run flawlessly when its picked up?? Thats what I paid for...should I not expect that service. They expect my check not to bounce...so I expect my car not to bounce either.....Not sure what you mean by that
+1, difference between cost and worth. Just have to figure out where you stand on the spectrum.

Last edited by Pun1sh3RZ; 07-15-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:49 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by bb1314
LOL you're just picking an argument when you knew my intention was to give Chris props for getting so involved in the build process.

But if you'd really like to argue, it is true that I along with many other enthusiasts don't show the same respect to people that just dump a shxt load of money into their cars and let the shop handle everything from purchasing parts down to finishing up dyno when they don't even know how to put spare tire on. There's nothing WRONG with that. But I just can't show the same respect. To me it's a hobby and I expect the owner of the car to actually be interested in the progress and not only the result. Now lets not get off topic... It was meant to give Chris props.
one more thing.... What's wrong with using AAA to do a tire change??
Old 07-15-2009, 11:53 AM
XKR

LOL you're just picking an argument when you knew my intention was to give Chris props for getting so involved in the build process.

But if you'd really like to argue, it is true that I along with many other enthusiasts don't show the same respect to people that just dump a shxt load of money into their cars and let the shop handle everything from purchasing parts down to finishing up dyno when they don't even know how to put spare tire on. There's nothing WRONG with that. But I just can't show the same respect. To me it's a hobby and I expect the owner of the car to actually be interested in the progress and not only the result. Now lets not get off topic... It was meant to give Chris props.

Originally Posted by Pun1sh3RZ
+1, difference between cost and worth. Just have to figure out where you stand on the spectrum.
I hear you
Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XKR
Waiting in the rain, cold, heat or whatever weather condition for 30 minutes to an hour versus DIY and get back out on the road in 5 - 10 minutes?
Old 07-15-2009, 12:19 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Waiting in the rain, cold, heat or whatever weather condition for 30 minutes to an hour versus DIY and get back out on the road in 5 - 10 minutes?
I normally would agree but i think AAA may need to get a call if you have a BBK and OEM spare!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:33 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
I normally would agree but i think AAA may need to get a call if you have a BBK and OEM spare!
Tell me about it as i found out the hard way.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:28 PM
ToastZ

There is a HUGE difference between turning a wrench for a small leak or changing a tire AFTER you get the car home. We are talking about a +$20K melt down and then the shop walking away without a scratch.

That's a big damn difference.

XKR is right.

Last edited by ToastZ; 07-15-2009 at 04:30 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:42 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

^ LOL I didn't understand why you quoted me in that post since your response didn't really seem to relate to my post...

By no mean I'm siding on the shops. All I did was giving Chris props for getting so involved in the build progress...

Here's my post that XKR was responding to...
This situation had gotten way out of hand. I'm not gonna lie I am good friends with Dave from FT even before he started to work on my car. Frank had worked on my car when he was with AAM. I had nothing but only positive experience with both guys. I've met Chris(Cass007) in person and he's genuinely a nice guy and the level of effort he had put into this build really impressed me. Most of these rich guys just dump the car at a shop and expect to pick it up running 600+HP flawlessly a month later. But Chris really put his time, money and EFFORT into this build.

All I want to say is that hopefully this issue can be settled outside of court. It's tough to see a bunch of good people having issue with each other. Now if I don't like any of the parties involved believe me I'd be taking side
READ PEOPLE READ!
Old 07-15-2009, 05:56 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Cass,

Sorry to hear that its keep going far from where it should be at...

I think only you trying to keep the friendship with these shops. Do they really thinks you as good friend/customer? Or they just care about not to spend .1 on you?

I don't know man, I think we should hear from you that "shops helping you and new build motor should be in soon" you know what I mean?
I believe that, these guys are very nice and good friend with you, but this isn't right...
Old 07-15-2009, 06:50 PM
ToastZ

^ LOL I didn't understand why you quoted me in that post since your response didn't really seem to relate to my post...

By no mean I'm siding on the shops. All I did was giving Chris props for getting so involved in the build progress...

Here's my post that XKR was responding to...

READ PEOPLE READ!
no worries.

Yes XKR is rich but thats really not what he is about. And yes, he does expect the car to run flawless when he picks it up. I'm not rich and I expect the same.

We are both very involved in every build we do the best I can tell, just pm Sharif and ask him who his "top two" high maintenance customers are,... he will say XKR first and maybe me a close second, lol.

I wasn't trying to insult you, my bad. But yes XKR is right, customers pay a lot of money for these cars being built in a shop. The cars must work flawlessly regardless of how involved the car owner wants to be.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:29 AM
CRIDDA

Originally Posted by ToastZ
no worries.

Yes XKR is rich but thats really not what he is about. And yes, he does expect the car to run flawless when he picks it up. I'm not rich and I expect the same.

We are both very involved in every build we do the best I can tell, just pm Sharif and ask him who his "top two" high maintenance customers are,... he will say XKR first and maybe me a close second, lol.

I wasn't trying to insult you, my bad. But yes XKR is right,customers pay a lot of money for these cars being built in a shop. The cars must work flawlessly regardless of how involved the car owner wants to be.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:02 AM
XKR

Old 07-17-2009, 11:43 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Holding pattern till mid next week. Waxing car bit by bit to get 7 months of shop dirt off of it, also need to assemble the trunk again now that the meth leak has been fixed. The inside of the car is a complete filthy mess.

Its like a wake, friends and neighbors coming by to see the body and offer condolences. I had an upset stomach for the past few weeks, I"m starting to wondedr if the car stress is giving me an ulcer.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:49 PM
thom000001

Cass,
I've been gone a week and there's been no progress.....I hope you are pressing the issue somehow with them at this point.

But if nothing else, this thread is emphasizing how good the good shops in our community really are.
There is a reason shops like SP, Forged, Injected, GTM, Intense.....(any others I am missing) are as good as they are. And this thread is showing exactly why.
Even Dave has at least offered solutions.
I don't know who is to "blame" for all these failures, but one thing is for sure at this point....it wasn't the guy writing the checks.....And there are only a small handfull of commonalities in all the motors at this point!!!!

Tom

Last edited by thom000001; 07-17-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:02 AM
spddmn124

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Tell me about it as i found out the hard way.
tsk tsk tsk

any updates??
Old 07-18-2009, 12:05 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by thom000001
Cass,
I've been gone a week and there's been no progress.....I hope you are pressing the issue somehow with them at this point.

But if nothing else, this thread is emphasizing how good the good shops in our community really are.
There is a reason shops like SP, Forged, Injected, GTM, Intense.....(any others I am missing) are as good as they are. And this thread is showing exactly why.
Even Dave has at least offered solutions.
I don't know who is to "blame" for all these failures, but one thing is for sure at this point....it wasn't the guy writing the checks.....And there are only a small handfull of commonalities in all the motors at this point!!!!

Tom
Old 07-18-2009, 02:16 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by spddmn124
tsk tsk tsk

any updates??
It was nothing as i forgot when i put on my BBK that the spare didnt fit and i was on the side of the highway stuck with a flat.......sorry to hijack your thread Chris.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:26 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I hope Chris brings his attorney and a digital voice recorder to the meeting next week.
Old 07-20-2009, 10:15 AM
Driven1
Professional

This is just sad.

I haven't kept up on this lately but reading back...Im surprised nothing else has been determined.

Chris....if you need help with the interior just let me know and Ill make a little trip up to help get everything looking new again and fitted in(maybe a little suede headliner for you while Im there? hehehe)

Chris...you said oil was "full" when you picked it up? Are you 100% sure and it wasn't a bad read on the dipstick? The only reason I ask is APS instructions (I believe for all their Z kits) say between 1/2 and bottom line for their kits as the recommended oil level. I have gone over 1/2 (barely) one time and my car blew a TON of white smoke out the back for a little bit (at idle) and that's typically what I've seen happen on the APS kits.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Saw it with my own eyes at Justice the day of teardown bro. Hopefully tomorrow brings some progress.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress