Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 06:25 AM
GreenGoblin

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chris congrats bro, I am glad that the thunderstorm has passed and the sun is starting to peek thru....

I can not wait to see the thread I got my car back!
Old 07-23-2009, 06:45 AM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great news. Good Luck Chris.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:52 AM
thom000001

Finally Chris NICE!!!!!!

Can always paint those 2 parts later (yea not super easy but always an option)...there are some really good hi-temp paints/glosses that look damn near as good at powder coat and are quite durable.

tom
Old 07-23-2009, 07:55 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

WOOOHOOOO! Glad to hear the shops are providing good customer service. Like we always discussed.. every shop messes up here and there, but it's the corrective actions they take that really counts!

PS: Sad to hear that the Optimus Prime theme is NO MORE....
Old 07-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Pun1sh3RZ

+1 on having a plan in place in case something is to go wrong with motor number four, so that there is no attempt of a blame game and you sitting around.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:02 AM
Jgrizzle

I am so happy for you chris. Im glad the Mid A shops are taking care of stuff.
Old 07-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Same spec build? Or plan to change things little bit?
Old 07-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chef-J
Same spec build? Or plan to change things little bit?
since you've seen what those turbos will do, any opportunity/desire to swap to something bigger since its all getting redone anyhow?
Very similar specs in terms of bottom end parts.

CP Pistons
BC Rods
Cams TBD... but the 264* durations made good power
Nissan Bearings this time since the ACL's failed twice
Same headwork - 40cfm gain was sick

Turbos will be the same as well. The car had made a max pull of 669whp and that was with the passenger turbo out of balance and eating itself. The turbos have more in them, or so says Dave.

The dual Walbros will go in from the start and so will the CJM rails and upgraded RFS. Fuel was a limiting factor last time, but it won't be any longer. There is also a concern that pressure drop across the intercooler may have been limiting us as well, but that remains to be confirmed and the intercooler showed no signs of being inefficient since charge pipe temps were fine.

There may be a few other power mods in the works that I am stealing from XKR, but they are top secret, and don't worry about the cosmetics, the new setup will still make the haters cry
Old 07-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pun1sh3RZ
+1 on having a plan in place in case something is to go wrong with motor number four, so that there is no attempt of a blame game and you sitting around.
Justice will be responsible for the motor this time and if something goes wrong with the car this time around, I will part it out in 2 seconds and never post on this forum again. I will personally tow the car to the crusher and pay to have it destroyed and melted down into a ball of FAIL.
Old 07-23-2009, 09:13 AM
rookie

Go full bling, there's so much aluminum in the engine bay take advantage of that.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:26 PM
blueper4mancez

wow how relief i feel for you after read your above post . goodluck with everything man .
Old 07-23-2009, 09:27 PM
nyqueenz

Chris I talked your issues to some of friends ova here and Kuwait these guys build VQs all day long.. very knowledgeable. And they believe that both engine failures may have been cause by the wrong clearances on your ACL bearings. They explained to me how it could have happen to cause that one bearing to fuse with the crank. They also explained how Nissan bearing would be better off to use because it’s the right clearance and at each end there is a tip which lock the bearing in place so they will not move.
Old 07-24-2009, 04:05 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is awesome news! Very happy to read that the shops were able to work things out.

Big thumbs up to both Dave and Frank...
Old 07-24-2009, 05:03 AM
failsafe306

Originally Posted by Cass007
Justice will be responsible for the motor this time and if something goes wrong with the car this time around, I will part it out in 2 seconds and never post on this forum again. I will personally tow the car to the crusher and pay to have it destroyed and melted down into a ball of FAIL.
Don't do that! I'd gladly take that fail off your hands

But I'm hoping that it works out well for you, lord knows you've been through enough BS.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by rookie
Go full bling, there's so much aluminum in the engine bay take advantage of that.
WOW that's bling bling!
Old 07-24-2009, 05:30 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont know how there could be big thumbs up for these guys. They are only doing what is right and would be raked over the coals by lawsuits and probably have to close their doors if they didnt.

regardless, progress is being made again which is good. Sucks it has taken almost a year to get to this point though....

Originally Posted by Alberto
This is awesome news! Very happy to read that the shops were able to work things out.

Big thumbs up to both Dave and Frank...
Old 07-24-2009, 05:39 AM
UMW350Z

Originally Posted by str8dum1
I dont know how there could be big thumbs up for these guys. They are only doing what is right and would be raked over the coals by lawsuits and probably have to close their doors if they didnt.

regardless, progress is being made again which is good. Sucks it has taken almost a year to get to this point though....
I'd be surprised if FT was in ANY type of financial issues given his warranties and the fact he was ready to give up his motor. Frank, on the other hand, has shown that he is NOT financially sound and I am still baffled why he would have ANY hand in this attempt. Parts quality failures look too unlikely and the ineptitude building these motors is glaring. I'd like to see Dave turn my motor into THAT with just tuning, I'd buy him a pizza.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:01 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by str8dum1

]I'm totally offended by your response. First my one and only priority is to get Chris, my customer taken care of. It has nothing to do with money or lawsuits or anything. It has to do with DOING THE RIGHT THING. Apparently that's not something you're in touch with.

Although this comment is directed at you its important that everyone that modifies their vehicle should understand. There are NO laws or legal boundaries setup for CUSTOM high-performance modifications. Legally they refer to this as lack of precedence. In actuality there are only laws telling us we shouldn't do what we love (which sucks). I told Chris this on the phone and have no problem saying it here. He can go ahead and pursue me in court. I said I will not even bring a lawyer. I already know what the outcome will be.

The point of that statement is I will make sure Chris is taken care of because I am an ethical and a responsible business owner. Neither Frank or I can determine who is at fault. If no one feels at fault then its everyone's responsibility. Obviously Chris isn't so Frank and I and Jim at Justice Racing have stepped up to the plate. Apparently you aren't aware of the 100's of other shops that would do nothing. Literally nothing! To the extent of telling the customer with a broken car to take it to another shop.

Last edited by DaveFunction2ND; 07-24-2009 at 06:03 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 06:14 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Best Of Luck CASS! Glad to see the shops step up to the plate instead of being dragged over it!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:18 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dave your points are duly noted. Sorry that you were offended. Its good news that you guys manned up and did what was socially responsible. That should go without saying but its horribly unfortunate that you are apparently a rare breed.

I find it completely unbelievable that the tuner industry has free reign to do as they please with no responsibility for any of their actions.

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress