Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 02:21 PM
ToastZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cass007
Saw it with my own eyes at Justice the day of teardown bro. Hopefully tomorrow brings some progress.
good luck.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Had some friends over for drinks this past weekend and they all remarked about how gorgeous the car is and how much they had forgotten that it looked that nice......all I could say was "me too."
Old 07-20-2009, 03:32 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Had some friends over for drinks this past weekend and they all remarked about how gorgeous the car is and how much they had forgotten that it looked that nice......all I could say was "me too."
Its gonna get better very soon for you bud as we all know either the shops or their insurance companys are gonna have to get involved very soon.If you get bored by not having your z around to wax.....i will volounteer(spellling)my G for you to wax.

I keed....I keed.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 PM
sublimemoment

Any update on this?
Old 07-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by sublimemoment
Any update on this?
I met with Frank and Dave last night for dinner. They have offered to rebuild me at their expense and I have accepted. There would be no benefit to pursuing any futher legal action since all I ever wanted was to be made whole and that is happening.

The motor will be machined and assembled by Justice Racing using components that Jim, Frank and Dave agree will reliably produce the power I expect and must be at least of equal quality to the parts I had in the previous motor. Turbos by Blouch (those guys had better send me a Christmas card this year... 3 sets of turbos since January) and head work by HeadGames if these heads are a loss.

Frank and Dave will work together to install the motor, turbos, trans and such. All parties will be in attendence for break-in and tuning. Everything will occur on a solid schedule, time estimate is 8-12 weeks and the clock starts today.

I made two concessions for the new build. No more powder coated timing covers or valve covers. I am embracing a new design and have already begun shipping parts off to where they need to get done (no more optimus prime....sorry Ethan). It still has to show as well as its goes, so I have 6-7 weeks to see what I can make happen in terms of trying some new things.

I thank all of you in the F/I and Mid-A section that supported me through this rough time, its really nice to know that others had my back. I cross my fingers and hope that the fourth motor is the charm and that everyone involved still sees some win from this build.

A separate thank you to Sharif at Forged who was always willing to help and was there to take over my project had this not turned out for the best. A top notch shop and a very nice guy.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:06 PM
PolarBearppw
Just a radiator

That's great to hear Chris. Here's to those 8-12 weeks going by as fast as possible.
Old 07-22-2009, 05:26 PM
sublimemoment

Thats great! Best of luck to you Cass!
Old 07-22-2009, 05:44 PM
XKR

Good to hear Chris.......Best of luck......If this works out...this will be good press for Frank.....(Dave already had a name on here)....They will be able to prove that this method of building/tune can work.

Best of luck to all involved....
Old 07-22-2009, 05:50 PM
discom

I made two concessions for the new build. No more powder coated timing covers or valve covers. I am embracing a new design and have already begun shipping parts off to where they need to get done (no more optimus prime....sorry Ethan). It still has to show as well as its goes, so I have 6-7 weeks to see what I can make happen in terms of trying some new things.
Glad that things are being worked out.

I admire what you have done and how you handled situations when things went very wrong. I really hope that you get the car of your dreams this time

Might I suggest that you hold off on doing anything cosmetic for the engine parts and engine bay until after your car is running as it should? This way, it removes one variable from the equation if anything should go wrong again (touch wood).
Old 07-22-2009, 06:17 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Glad to hear that you were able to come to an acceptable agreement. I sincerely hope that it comes together perfectly for you this time around. Are you coming down this weekend for the what I hope is a nudie wash at Function?
Old 07-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Pun1sh3RZ

Originally Posted by discom
Might I suggest that you hold off on doing anything cosmetic for the engine parts and engine bay until after your car is running as it should? This way, it removes one variable from the equation if anything should go wrong again (touch wood).
+1, glad to see a civil resolution come out of this, hope for all the best man. Just stay on top of the progress and document EVERYTHING
Old 07-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

I met with Frank and Dave last night for dinner. They have offered to rebuild me at their expense and I have accepted. There would be no benefit to pursuing any futher legal action since all I ever wanted was to be made whole and that is happening.

The motor will be machined and assembled by Justice Racing using components that Jim, Frank and Dave agree will reliably produce the power I expect and must be at least of equal quality to the parts I had in the previous motor. Turbos by Blouch (those guys had better send me a Christmas card this year... 3 sets of turbos since January) and head work by HeadGames if these heads are a loss.

Frank and Dave will work together to install the motor, turbos, trans and such. All parties will be in attendence for break-in and tuning. Everything will occur on a solid schedule, time estimate is 8-12 weeks and the clock starts today.

I thank all of you in the F/I and Mid-A section that supported me through this rough time, its really nice to know that others had my back. I cross my fingers and hope that the fourth motor is the charm and that everyone involved still sees some win from this build.

A separate thank you to Sharif at Forged who was always willing to help and was there to take over my project had this not turned out for the best. A top notch shop and a very nice guy.
THIS IS TURNNING TO RIGHT WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-22-2009, 06:36 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

this is all great news

u can still get colored blue red combo of samco hoses.... zeetoys caps...poweder coat the plenum powdercoat supports of strut bar.... etc...
Plenty of optiosn to still mainting somewhat your theme and still divert on to other options......
Either way glad to hear this great turn of events.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great news Cass glad to hear your being taken care of
Old 07-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Glex25

I hope they are either the same parts or better that to me would have me on point.

Apart from that I'm glad that things are being worked out.
Not to jinx or anything but if this 4th and final try does not come off as planned. I hope you have had some stipulation in which there would be no 5th try and they would have to cover everything for another shop to get it done for you of your choice or all $$$ out of your pockets up to now would be returned.

Think of it as a prenup
Old 07-22-2009, 09:00 PM
zman1982

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome man, good to hear. I am glad all parties involved are stepping up. This will do all of them good in the long run.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:22 PM
nyqueenz

And to add to this I also have talked to Frank and he has told me that he will PUT 125% into builds from now on, too include braking in the engine properly, taking the oil samples sending them out and monitoring the engine before it ever sees boost. I’m very confident that he, Dave and Jim will be able to satisfy Chris needs and also mine.

Last edited by nyqueenz; 07-22-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:26 AM
escobar929

Originally Posted by Glex25
I hope they are either the same parts or better that to me would have me on point.

Apart from that I'm glad that things are being worked out.
Not to jinx or anything but if this 4th and final try does not come off as planned. I hope you have had some stipulation in which there would be no 5th try and they would have to cover everything for another shop to get it done for you of your choice or all $$$ out of your pockets up to now would be returned.
Think of it as a prenup
+1 great idea!
Old 07-23-2009, 05:43 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

This is great news Chris and i hopeing to see you on the road soon.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:09 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

since you've seen what those turbos will do, any opportunity/desire to swap to something bigger since its all getting redone anyhow?

Quick Reply: My Build: The Good, The Bad & The Progress