Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Perfomance expirence!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b18c1turboed
Love this post

H. OP should have used the search button and all of this could have been avoided.
I. OP should have learned that even physicians make mistakes..where we have to go back in an correct. **** happens.
J. OP is lucky that he has one of the most honest shops around...and most would not cover this kind of damage...plus that other thing that Sharif did not I willl not mention that pisses me off
Old 01-03-2009, 10:49 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

lots of big names viewing this thread right now... guess everyone wants to see where it goes. Wonder if Sharif will post when Sandy's car gets returned since he's online right now.....

what a mess..
Old 01-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your rods must have been damaged/defective from the start

I guess Infinitti dont know how to build a car eighter!!! Funny how car ran 100% perfect for the 1500 miles.

And you say your not gonna tune it? that what was expected since you dont even have the newer software to be able too..

Juan, you really don't understand how things work. I am not saying your rods were bent prior to the car's arrival. I am saying they may have been defective or compromised prior to the car's arrive. The fact is, I have tuned a few hundred stock block FI cars, without bending a rod or popping a motor on the dyno. So I am pretty sure I know how to tune and calibrate an engine on the dyno. We are running the same FCON we started with, same software, same everything. You really must be getting your information from the wrong people.

This is besides the point. The point is, without question, I still agreed to build you an S1 Shortblock without any labor or machining charges whatsoever, and provided a loaner car during the process.

Your main issue is that were incapable of waiting patiently as the car was completed. It has been less than 4 weeks since the block arrived back from the machine shop, and your car is hours away from being 100% done.

You are the one that chose to air your dirty laundry on the forum.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:50 AM
coachk
Banned

Where's go fast...
Old 01-03-2009, 10:59 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everyone one knows Sharif's turn around time isn't the greatest... chit my car took over a year to be fully complete.

You are in good hands, let him finish his work and the car will be soild.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:00 AM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged

Your main issue is that were incapable of waiting patiently as the car was completed. It has been less than 4 weeks since the block arrived back from the machine shop, and your car is hours away from being 100% done.

no ISSUE IS BEING LIED TOO. And you keep putting car on back burner to tune other cars and so forth!!! Did you not promise the car the Monday after Christmas? and at Thanksgiving?

I’m not airing any dirty laundry, you where paid for a SERVICE!!! How are we so wrong? Because we expected what you promised?
Old 01-03-2009, 11:00 AM
XKR

Juan, you really don't understand how things work. I am not saying your rods were bent prior to the car's arrival. I am saying they may have been defective or compromised prior to the car's arrive. The fact is, I have tuned a few hundred stock block FI cars, without bending a rod or popping a motor on the dyno. So I am pretty sure I know how to tune and calibrate an engine on the dyno. We are running the same FCON we started with, same software, same everything. You really must be getting your information from the wrong people.

This is besides the point. The point is, without question, I still agreed to build you an S1 Shortblock without any labor or machining charges whatsoever, and provided a loaner car during the process.

And how do you feel now that you did all this for this customer and he still "threw you under the bus" ??? You have done more for a customer that spent less
Old 01-03-2009, 11:02 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Dude you're getting a FREE built motor from one of the BEST Z/G shops around. Most stock block people would kill for a built motor, so just relax and quit making an *** of yourself.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Blwn_By_Twins

OP if I where you I would apologize to Sharif for airing this out on the forum and ask him to finish your car. As pissed as you maybe and unhappy with the fact it took so long, once it is done you will have a G built by one of the premier builders in the country and know it will be solid. 7 months for a fully built g37 tt built by FP is not bad at all!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:07 AM
b18c1turboed

We are running the same FCON we started with, same software, same everything. You really must be getting your information from the wrong people.

:

Do you have the Consult 3 too tune the car then. You cant read any error codes on the car without it.

Isn’t that the reason you had too pull a tranny out to figure out what was wrong? and it wasn’t even the tranny or clutch!

How did you tune the car without the consult 3? How did you clear all the codes? why did you accept a car you don’t even have the software to tune it with?
Old 01-03-2009, 11:08 AM
XKR

no ISSUE IS BEING LIED TOO. And you keep putting car on back burner to tune other cars and so forth!!! Did you not promise the car the Monday after Christmas? and at Thanksgiving?

I’m not airing any dirty laundry, you where paid for a SERVICE!!! How are we so wrong? Because we expected what you promised?

He told you...**** happens....this kind of work can have as much a 6 month delay. Look at Dil's car....it took way longer than mine to be competed.

Dont get us wrong...its OK to trash Sharif and his shop....but please give us a real story...examples....

1)He sold you a stock motor and told you it was built

2) Your car cought on fire on the dyno when Sharif tuned it

3) Your car fell off the lifts...they refuse to fix it

And so on....not the things that everyone has to go through to get a Beast build
Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 AM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
Dude you're getting a FREE built motor from one of the BEST Z/G shops around. Most stock block people would kill for a built motor, so just relax and quit making an *** of yourself.
That DOESNT matter!!!! So you think just becasue the motor is built now,suppouse to be happy? Would have been happy to get hte car back stock motor and turbo. That is just a plus no biggie!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:10 AM
350Z400rwhp

I'd say at this point man just hang in there and relax. Shariff is a good guy and is covering labor and such. Sure its been forever but this isn't going to make it happen any faster and you have more than made your point. I understand your frustration though but I bet in a year if you go back and look at this thread you will regret writing it. You just have to remember that car modification is much more unpredictable then say if you were promised a date when your kitchen renovation is completed. I also think them giving you a loaner car is (especially a Lexus) is pretty damn nice of them. But I get it, its easier for all of us to downplay your experience because we aren't in your shoes, so I'll give ya that.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:11 AM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by XKR
He told you...**** happens....this kind of work can have as much a 6 month delay. Look at Dil's car....it took way longer than mine to be competed.

Dont get us wrong...its OK to trash Sharif and his shop....but please give us a real story...examples....

1)He sold you a stock motor and told you it was built

2) Your car cought on fire on the dyno when Sharif tuned it

3) Your car fell off the lifts...they refuse to fix it

And so on....not the things that everyone has to go through to get a Beast build

Wish it was one of those stories!

When this car was bought, it was bought because the motor kept blowing up in the EVo. That car was making 700+ but we replaced the block 2 times. So we got sick of it and bought the g37, so for us to go thru all this drama after dealing with the Evo, it just threw gas on a fire!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:14 AM
XKR

That DOESNT matter!!!! So you think just becasue the motor is built now,suppouse to be happy? Would have been happy to get hte car back stock motor and turbo. That is just a plus no biggie!!!
You are a Noob....I want to call you something else...but I cant. You are getting a built motor...a motor that can take anything you can throw at it...and you say "SO WHAT?" WTF???

DUDE...with a stock block and your excitement after getting the car back....you could blow that stock motor 2 miles down the road... Stop while you are ahead...you are looking foolish now
Old 01-03-2009, 11:18 AM
tig488

Wish it was one of those stories!

When this car was bought, it was bought because the motor kept blowing up in the EVo. That car was making 700+ but we replaced the block 2 times. So we got sick of it and bought the g37, so for us to go thru all this drama after dealing with the Evo, it just threw gas on a fire!!!!
the evo platform is WAY more mod and user friendly than the VQ, did you really expect to have an easier build with a G37 than the evo. LOL!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:19 AM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by XKR

DUDE...with a stock block and your excitement after getting the car back....you could blow that stock motor 2 miles down the road... Stop while you are ahead...you are looking foolish now
Why am i looking foolish? becasue having a built motor dont mean anything to me? We have drag cars for that, this is a straight VIP car. not a drag car!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:19 AM
b18c1turboed

Originally Posted by tig488
the evo platform is WAY more mod and user friendly than the VQ, did you really expect to have an easier build with a G37 than the evo. LOL!

Nope thats why we paid a shop!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:20 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Do you have the Consult 3 too tune the car then. You cant read any error codes on the car without it.

Isn’t that the reason you had too pull a tranny out to figure out what was wrong? and it wasn’t even the tranny or clutch!

How did you tune the car without the consult 3? How did you clear all the codes? why did you accept a car you don’t even have the software to tune it with?
I bet he took it down to autozone... they pull and clear codes for free
Old 01-03-2009, 11:20 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

XKR is right, you must not understand the value of Sharif's built motor. You are getting more than what you "lost" in down time
And its winter... so whats the rush?

Last edited by D350Z10; 01-03-2009 at 11:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Forged Perfomance expirence!!!