Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Anyone make an OIL distribution block???

Old 04-21-2010, 12:36 PM
RandomHer0

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics?
Old 04-21-2010, 02:53 PM
streetzlegend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RandomHer0
I would do a sandwich plate except I have one for my GTM Oil Cooler, for me this is the better option.
So do I, not a GTM but I have a 2nd sandwhich plate on there for my oil cooler, but like mentioned you can just drill and tap the sides of it.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 PM
=Cerberus=

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am bumping a pretty old thread here, but I wanted to add the information I got while doing this similar type thing for my car. I hope it is useful for others.

The OP has some things that are different than my car, first off I have the Momentum ST kit, I also kept the OEM oil cooler for now, and I wanted to run the AN lines for the oil cooler in a different direction than the OP.

This is how my oil pressure sensors were installed when I got the turbo put on. Not the neatest, but it worked at the time. The issue for me is these are right in the way of where I want the sandwich plate AN lines to run.

FYI: I used the ARP liquid PTFE on all connections, that is the white smears. I tried to wipe it up the best I could.

So after doing some reading in this thread, I needed a 1/8" BSP to AN adapter for the block. I ordered this from Pegasus Racing. It is a steel adapter, and I went with a -4 line size based on the OPs Comments.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/pr...p?Product=3230
P/N: 3230-2-4AN

Sorry for the blurry picture, the sony digi cam seemed to not want to cooperate and I thought my cell pics were blurry. I went up and over the oil filter with a -4 90 degree fitting and -4 Aeroquip Startlite nomex braided hose.

I purchased one of the A1 Manifold manifolds. I was very very impressed with the black annodized finish on the manifold. Because of the large diameter of the oil pressure sensors, I got a 5 port manifold, and plugged the second and 4th port, as well as one end with the appropriate NPT plugs. (1/8 for the front, 1/4 for the end)

https://www.a1manifolds.com/ItemList.aspx
P/N: MS0105

I put the two sensors on opposite ends, and the turbo feed line in the center with a 1/8 npt to -4 an fitting adapter.

To mount the manifold I drilled and tapped the sub frame for stainless 8-32 machine screws with lock washers.

You can see how large the sensors are and how tight the fit is with the Titan oil filter.

At some point in the future I want to remove the oil cooler sandwich plate, or at least bypass the hoses. I did not have the right adapter to remove the plate while i was doing the oil cooler installation. I may also have to change how the AN lines come off the sandwich plate as they still may interfere with the new AN line coming out of the block.

Last edited by =Cerberus=; 07-17-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 04:32 AM
35reilly

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm bumping an old thread here hopefully someone can give me some real Concreat evidence as to tap the oil pan for the feeds for the turbos and an additional oil psi sensor. I have a newer model where there is a temp sensor wher the older models had a plug. Is this a psi port and can I do away with the temp sensor and add my either turbo feeds or my psi sensor? I was thinking of just tapping this area where that little ball bearing thing was. I know that's in the same channel as the factory psi sensor
Old 07-11-2016, 04:48 PM
Escobar

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

I attempted to do that, the ball bearing pressed in there is hard as ****! I couldnt get it drilled out...good thing about that location is I believe that will be filtered oil coming from that port which is nice.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:01 PM
35reilly

Originally Posted by Escobar
I attempted to do that, the ball bearing pressed in there is hard as ****! I couldnt get it drilled out...good thing about that location is I believe that will be filtered oil coming from that port which is nice.
Funny cause I just did it yesterday. What a pain in the *** but I got it and if I had to do it again I could do it quick now. I used a carbide bit and grinded it as flat as I could then I drilled I to it. Did this till I could get a hold of it with a very small cold chisel and spun it. That exposed the aluminum the I could get in there and grind out a very little bit. Did this a few times till I removed most I could. Finally grabbed it with needle nose vice grips and popped it out. I'll take pics and post them up. I still have to open it up to match the factory port then tap it. Definitely worth it tho. I'm gonna run a npt to a male -4 and t off to both turbos. All true AN fittings
Old 07-20-2016, 05:54 PM
35reilly

Figure I would post up what I finally finished. So I drilled out the factory oil port and retapped it to a 1/8 npt to fit my aftermarket oil psi gauge. Then I drilled out the ball in the front of the pan. ( REAL PAIN BTW GLAD I DID IT THO ) I opened the port up to match the oem feed then drilled and tapped that as well with a 1/8 npt to run a -4 to a -4 T fitting that splits to feed the turbos. I'm very happy with how it came out

Last edited by 35reilly; 07-20-2016 at 05:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
yosip1115 (08-16-2016)
Old 07-29-2016, 09:55 AM
Escobar

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts

Nice job! That is def the way to go for feed lines.
Old 07-29-2016, 12:40 PM
35reilly

Originally Posted by Escobar
Nice job! That is def the way to go for feed lines.
Thxs man. This is my issue now. I gotta figure something out. Oil psi sensor is Rt in path of oil cooler sandwich plate/lines

Old 08-03-2016, 08:56 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Use a BSP to NPT or BSP to AN adapter and put a 4an hose off the port and have that go to a manifold for oil distribution (what this thread is about). It might fit as long as you don't need 2 adapters (BSP to NPT, NPT to AN).

For others that use an oil distribution block for oil temp sensors, be aware that the aluminum blocks will significantly cool the oil and give falsely low readings when the car is moving at speed unless you insulate the block to prevent airflow from cooling it.
Old 08-09-2016, 11:47 PM
BoostedGSdn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used 2 brass 1/8NPT T's and 3 1/8NPT steel straights I bought off ebay I have 2 pressure sensors mounted and 1 oil feed line I like this setup because you can angle each brass T for clearance and also its brass and steel I dont trust all those lines and sensors down there all riding on 1 1/8NPT ALUMINUM fitting that threads into the block.

Last edited by BoostedGSdn; 08-09-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-16-2016, 06:42 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedGSdn
I used 2 brass 1/8NPT T's and 3 1/8NPT steel straights I bought off ebay I have 2 pressure sensors mounted and 1 oil feed line I like this setup because you can angle each brass T for clearance and also its brass and steel I dont trust all those lines and sensors down there all riding on 1 1/8NPT ALUMINUM fitting that threads into the block.
You do realize that the threads are still aluminum because the block is aluminum so that is still the weak point? Furthermore, the threads are NOT NPT. They are BSP. The best way to do this is BSP -> NPT/AN -> 4AN hose (no weight on the aluminum threads) -> oil distribution block -> sensors, etc.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:42 AM
35reilly

Anyone know if the gallery where the temp sensor is has pressure?
Old 08-20-2016, 01:26 AM
aarrgghh

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Yes. It's post filter. I moved my oil feeds there as I didn't have the factory oil temp sensor (I now have a haltech one).
Old 08-20-2016, 01:47 AM
aarrgghh

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Here's a pic: