Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 02:52 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by SmallTuner
the GTM intercooler inlets are more bigger then the greddy intercooler.

allso the turbo outlet pipes are bigger 2

and its a pain in the *** when installing it on the pas said
Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
The GTM intercooler is bigger then the Greddy, more surface area. Large surface area and bar & plate is the best combo = GTM

Sam
LOL. Ok, ok, I stand corrected. I was just seeing if you were paying attention Sam. I remember sending Mike a PM a while back recommending the GTM intercooler when I did some research like Terry just posted above.

Sharif and Mike will have some hard data with the before/after IC temp gauge though. I'm interested to see how much difference in temps there is compared to what you are used to with your IC. He won't be able to measure IC pressure drop though and that is also important. In fact I think that may be more important given that METH is being injected which will control AIT anyway. I believe bar and plate has much better internal flow characteristics and less pressure drop.

Last edited by rcdash; 10-09-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcdash
LOL. Ok, ok, I stand corrected. I was just seeing if you were paying attention Sam. I remember sending Mike a PM a while back recommending the GTM intercooler when I did some research like Terry just posted above.

Sharif and Mike will have some hard data with the before/after IC temp gauge though. I'm interested to see how much difference in temps there is compared to what you are used to with your IC. He won't be able to measure IC pressure drop though and that is also important. In fact I think that may be more important given that METH is being injected which will control AIT anyway. I believe bar and plate has much better internal flow characteristics and less pressure drop.
No problem Raj, I'm always paying attention

And for The record i was against using the greddy intercooler for that simple reason

Sam
Old 10-09-2009, 04:56 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

tha APS extreme IC is WAY bigger. 5" thick vs 3.5" for the GTM. PLus vertical flow which makes sense from their ad on the APS website

Originally Posted by Cass007
Great progress Mike, you're almost there

I just had a random thought that might be fun for a joke when you do the high speed mile.... turn your left blinker on when you start and just leave it on the whole time

Can't wait to see you put down some serious powa!!! BTW. I saw the pic a few pages back and there is no way those cars are yours, they all look stock .

Mike, post or PM me the specs on that GTM IC, if its large enough (similar to APS Extreme IC) and you don't need it, I may take it off your hands.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:00 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
The GTM intercooler is bigger then the Greddy, more surface area. Large surface area and bar & plate is the best combo = GTM

Sam
Hold on there for a second Sam...

While I won't argue or disagree about the superiority of the performance of bar & plate design, the published dimensions I have seen for both your intercooler and the Greddy 23R core used in the Z/G DE kits does not support your assertion that the GTM core is bigger.

From your product announcement thread:
-3.5 x 13 x 24 Bar and PLate Core Intercooler Rated 1000hp
According to mynismo.com, the dimensions of the Greddy 23R core are:
4.5 x 11.5 x 23.6

http://mynismo.com/products/Default.asp?id=2644&v=more

If the published dimensions for the Greddy core are correct, the Greddy core is in fact larger when you do the math. The extra inch of depth in the Greddy core makes the difference.

GTM: 3.5 x 13 x 24 = 1092

Greddy: 4.5 x 11.5 x 23.6 = 1221.3

Can someone confirm if these published dimensions for the Greddy core are correct? Is it in fact 4.5 inches thick?
Old 10-10-2009, 03:02 AM
SmallTuner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

greddy or GTM IC........

we wana see some 1000WHP with those GT35s turbos or im gonna cray
Old 10-10-2009, 04:40 AM
ttg35fort
Professional

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
Can someone confirm if these published dimensions for the Greddy core are correct? Is it in fact 4.5 inches thick?
Greddy is another vendor that does not publish much in terms of specifications on their website.

I double checked a couple of retailers on the Internet, though, and those appear to be the correct dimensions. I don't remember mine being quite that thick, but it may have been.
Old 10-10-2009, 05:01 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

agreed with rudes post and excellent to point out where truth is.....but IMO either should still work fine anyways...its not a fatal "flaw" for OPs build
Old 10-10-2009, 05:09 AM
Cass007
350Z-holic

Mike - If you get a chance, please ask Sharif if he is going to track pressure loss from inlet to outlet across the intercooler. If you make the power you expect without much loss, I should be able to stick with the IC I currently have with no issues. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:26 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Overdrive/Jtran
car sounds awesome! great work and great car! cant wait to see it in person!
Sorry I took so long to respond... I am in Polk City FL at the Wirld Cup of Paintball

Thanks Johnny...I will bring it by your shop when it's back in town

Originally Posted by CRIDDA
Enough with the **** tease Mike. I guess I am going to have to sneak into forged on sat. night(bring a big ribeye for Cesar) and make off with your car so I can give the folks here a show

LMAO....

Last edited by XKR; 10-10-2009 at 06:30 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:31 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by XKR
Sorry I took so long to respond... I am in Polk City FL at the Wirld Cup of Paintball

Thanks Johnny...I will bring it by your shop when it's back in town

LMAO....
awesome!!.. hows Dynasty doing this year?!
Old 10-10-2009, 06:34 AM
XKR

Great progress Mike, you're almost there

I just had a random thought that might be fun for a joke when you do the high speed mile.... turn your left blinker on when you start and just leave it on the whole time

Can't wait to see you put down some serious powa!!! BTW. I saw the pic a few pages back and there is no way those cars are yours, they all look stock .

Mike, post or PM me the specs on that GTM IC, if its large enough (similar to APS Extreme IC) and you don't need it, I may take it off your hands.
Thanks Chris...... I will pm you when I get the info

Originally Posted by Motormouth
dude... what's up with those red hoses in the engine bay? we back in 1995 and did your G turn into a Civic?

:P
the civic look is in dude....

Last edited by XKR; 10-10-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 06:41 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Vas@Extended
awesome!!.. hows Dynasty doing this year?!
you know about paintball.....kool... Dynasty not doing good man ... Oliver Lang left and the went to ****....these are guys I grew up with .... It was good to see them again after 4 years.

Mike - If you get a chance, please ask Sharif if he is going to track pressure loss from inlet to outlet across the intercooler. If you make the power you expect without much loss, I should be able to stick with the IC I currently have with no issues. Thanks.
I will check with him Chris....my guess is he will to see if he is losing out on powa somewhere... To change IC or not....

While I won't argue or disagree about the superiority of the performance of bar & plate design, the published dimensions I have seen for both your intercooler and the Greddy 23R core used in the Z/G DE kits does not support your assertion that the GTM core is bigger.

4.5 x 11.5 x 23.6

If the published dimensions for the Greddy core are correct, the Greddy core is in fact larger when you do the math. The extra inch of depth in the Greddy core makes the difference.

yes... Those numbers are correct.... I am told that Greedy makes or use to make more than one size of IC....I am thinking.Terry may have the smaller one after reading his post. I got in the middle of GTM and FP over this IC thing....and decided to stay out of it.....

I am thinking that they are close enough that it should not hurt me either way

Last edited by XKR; 10-10-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:15 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4.5 x 11.5 x 23.6

LOL, I actually went and measured one myself in the shop before making my earlier statement, here is the measurement

Greddy: 4.0 x 11.5 x 23.0 = 1058

Sam

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 10-10-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:26 PM
SmallTuner

GTM wins

now still there is one thing, we need to see a 900whp car coming out of the GTM kit
Old 10-10-2009, 01:34 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by XKR
you know about paintball.....kool... Dynasty not doing good man ... Oliver Lang left and the went to ****....these are guys I grew up with .... It was good to see them again after 4 years.
Aw man, where is he now? Ironman?.. its been forever! .. I used to play professional paintball for PEV. but I quit almost 3-4 years ago... I regret it though.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:17 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Vas@Extended
Aw man, where is he now? Ironman?.. its been forever! .. I used to play professional paintball for PEV. but I quit almost 3-4 years ago... I regret it though.
Dude..... You know me then.... I use to play for Platinum...I went to coach Legacy and cut most of the players and started over before the broke up!!! I know the owner Pev's ( correction).... I met the owner of pev's at the PSP in PA over 4 years ago when he lost his Rolex watch.... The stories I could tell you. Yeah... Ollie is with the Ironmen,, Chris Lasoya was hanging with us today...matter of fact I am on my way to Old Town to meet up with a bunch of the pro players... Rich Telford and his crew.... BTW... They got SPANKKKKKED today... So did Ironmen. Russians are in the finals again. Go to www.pspevents.com. And watch the live streaming video... Matti Marshall is the spokesman..... If I get a chance I will go up in the booth and give a shoutout to my350z.....
Old 10-10-2009, 03:14 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by SmallTuner
GTM wins

now still there is one thing, we need to see a 900whp car coming out of the GTM kit

I think the GTM STG 4 in your car is capable of 900whp so...

Do it.. do it do it
Old 10-10-2009, 03:15 PM
dikspiel
Chestons Toilet

Received 92 Likes on 72 Posts

shut up paintball nerds
Old 10-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by XKR
Dude..... You know me then.... I use to play for Platinum...I went to coach Legacy and cut most of the players and started over before the broke up!!! I know the owner Pev's ( correction).... I met the owner of pev's at the PSP in PA over 4 years ago when he lost his Rolex watch.... The stories I could tell you. Yeah... Ollie is with the Ironmen,, Chris Lasoya was hanging with us today...matter of fact I am on my way to Old Town to meet up with a bunch of the pro players... Rich Telford and his crew.... BTW... They got SPANKKKKKED today... So did Ironmen. Russians are in the finals again. Go to www.pspevents.com. And watch the live streaming video... Matti Marshall is the spokesman..... If I get a chance I will go up in the booth and give a shoutout to my350z.....
no ****!!! that's crazy!!.. ahh im trying to remember , im trying to remember.. the Russians again!.. I gotta start catching up!, its been forever. Those Russians and those bob longs Intimidators. They always do good. Especially Dimitry ( cant spell his name ) he is good! ( if he is with them still ) ...ah man, i miss PSP . im definitely gonna watch some streaming videos for sure!
Old 10-10-2009, 03:23 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Some of us hunt people with real guns.

Quick Reply: XKR Super G... Going for Mach 1