Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jeremy Tibbs

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 01:05 PM
Cloud35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off topic: Sorry, maybe I am a forum noob but how and where the hell are some of these tags coming from? What does this thread have to do with carbon, fiber, harrisburg, or wrapping?
Old 06-06-2009, 01:14 PM
boostintt

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cloud35
Off topic: Sorry, maybe I am a forum noob but how and where the hell are some of these tags coming from? What does this thread have to do with carbon, fiber, harrisburg, or wrapping?
you dont know???? what a newb

lol jk... i was wondering the same
Old 06-06-2009, 01:15 PM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by taurran
Not all of them. There are more issues I haven't brought up, and have even already brought to light.

Hell, I remember even YOU got mad when your car sat there for only 3 months not getting much done. You had to jump through hoops to prod him into getting it finished, and I think he had more at stake in your car because you wanted to go into business with him. You were not the normal customer and even you got the runaround.

You're GREATLY underestimating the "time" it takes for a project shop car. Does your "time" include sitting in the corner for months on end, with a dead battery, collecting dust, with flat tires? All of these cars in question were sitting there for that long.

It took him almost a year to assemble Shane's motor (which was already built by GTM), modify some headers with flanges, and bolt it and the turbo kit on the car. That is definitely the worst case but my own car was just sitting there untouched for months at a time as well.

You've never been in a situation when your car was being held by a shop and you can't reallt do much about it, so I can't expect you to identify. But don't make light of the situation and try to play it off as "normal" project time. That's ********.
See Craig this is where you get in trouble when it comes to saying you know...the estimate for my motor build in writing was 2/13/08 and I dropped the car off on 2/16. The car was completed and delivered with a sales receipt on May 4th. My car was done promptly because I paid in full for the job.

I certainly understand your position on YOUR car and it was definitely a nightmare for you. I have no idea what your financial arrangement/hook ups were with JT other than you traded your time to do his web site for maybe some money you owed him. And one of/project cars do take sometimes up to a couple years if the customer doesn't have the money to finish them.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:19 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow....this has become quite the witch hunt.....even bringing old ghosts (taurran) back into the light.

from the first 18 pages of thes thread......I just don't get why everyone is so interested in the JT/AAM timeline of events? Jeremy left....end of story!

And as far as all the PF angst that is coming out of the woodwork, I find it shocking that people start jumping in all at once. It is like watching someone getting kicked while they are on the ground.....just looking for an easy way to get a cheap shot in!

All these guys with the project cars that got put ont he back burner at PF..........you knew what you were getting into. You wanted a special, custom car but you didn't want to pay squat for it! Jeremy was your means to an end, and you were his means to making a name for his shop. Those relationships/builds were born with big flaws...right from the start. maybe it is just time and maturity, but you eventually learn that you always get what you pay for. sort of a risk vs. reward situation. Both sides only saw the reward and no one really looked at the risk. Unfortunately, these situations have high risk. It is nothing more than making a a high yield/high risk investmest. You have to realize that the risk usually outweghs the reward!

I consider Jeremy a friend, and no matter what hate stories come out, it won't change my opinion. I always had easy business dealings with Jeremy. Some times, I even thought he was selling things too cheaply and I would "overpay" him for it. hell, I even sent him, as a gift, a set of aluminum AN wrenches for his toolbox just because I believed in his passion for his business.

In closing, I'd really love to these boards go back to being a great source for tech sharing. The threads recently have really been dull. I still check the FI section on a daily basis, but I rarely see anything worthy of posting. As most of you know, I mainly proivde alot of tech info/support for questions on these boards. I am not a post-***** or a drama king, just a guy with a real passion for perforance and a willingness to share my knowledge with those who need it. It is posts like this one that really turn me off to what my350z.com has become.

Here's to better times!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 01:35 PM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by QuadCam
Wow....this has become quite the witch hunt.....even bringing old ghosts (taurran) back into the light.

from the first 18 pages of thes thread......I just don't get why everyone is so interested in the JT/AAM timeline of events? Jeremy left....end of story!

And as far as all the PF angst that is coming out of the woodwork, I find it shocking that people start jumping in all at once. It is like watching someone getting kicked while they are on the ground.....just looking for an easy way to get a cheap shot in!

All these guys with the project cars that got put ont he back burner at PF..........you knew what you were getting into. You wanted a special, custom car but you didn't want to pay squat for it! Jeremy was your means to an end, and you were his means to making a name for his shop. Those relationships/builds were born with big flaws...right from the start. maybe it is just time and maturity, but you eventually learn that you always get what you pay for. sort of a risk vs. reward situation. Both sides only saw the reward and no one really looked at the risk. Unfortunately, these situations have high risk. It is nothing more than making a a high yield/high risk investmest. You have to realize that the risk usually outweghs the reward!

I consider Jeremy a friend, and no matter what hate stories come out, it won't change my opinion. I always had easy business dealings with Jeremy. Some times, I even thought he was selling things too cheaply and I would "overpay" him for it. hell, I even sent him, as a gift, a set of aluminum AN wrenches for his toolbox just because I believed in his passion for his business.

In closing, I'd really love to these boards go back to being a great source for tech sharing. The threads recently have really been dull. I still check the FI section on a daily basis, but I rarely see anything worthy of posting. As most of you know, I mainly proivde alot of tech info/support for questions on these boards. I am not a post-***** or a drama king, just a guy with a real passion for perforance and a willingness to share my knowledge with those who need it. It is posts like this one that really turn me off to what my350z.com has become.

Here's to better times!!!

Agreed
Old 06-06-2009, 01:46 PM
coachk
Banned

I don't know the specifics so I will offer an unbiased opinion on the matter. coach, how can you not agree with those statements? Basic contract law dictates that you're not even supposed to do that. If you contracted to perform a specific job for X amount of dollars, then that is what you're supposed to do. If you cannot do it, that does not give you the right to leave the car half done and ask for more money. If you cannot honor the contract, then it is up to the breaching party to restore both parties to their original state before the contract were made. Meaning that the car should be restored to its original condition when it first arrived and any monies paid should be refunded. He isn't allowed to keep those cars at all if he couldn't honor the original contract. IMO, that is considered theft. Now, if the customers have yet to pay the full amount of the original agreed upon price, then JT should have put a mechanic's lien on those titles.

As for the outsourcing comment, how can you not agree with that either? Consider this, say you brought your car in for a warranty spark plugs. (Hypothetical situation here folks so brands may not be accurate) Would it be ok for Nissan to deny your claim because they said those are NGK or Denso plugs because that's where they outsourced the plugs from? No, it would not be right. It would be Nissan's obligation because they chose to outsource those plugs, not the end consumer. What if your rim fractured from faulty casting, can Nissan deny your claim and say, "Sorry. You're gonna have to take that up with Mackin Industries." No. So if JT chose to outsource a motor as part of his work, why would he not be responsible?

I'm not trying to offend you or anything. I know that you're a long time and respected member here but I think your interests here may conflict with your ability to see the bigger picture. As a long time lurker with really no allegiance here in the FI forum, I figure I'd just lend an outside unbiased opinion.

-Jim
I respect your opinion,but don't agree with it at all. I'm probably the wrong guy to debate with about a legal issue, but anyways...

I didn't say I don't agree with those statements, I just had to clarify a few things. Once again the problem with Craigs and the other project cars was JT DIDN'T have a written agreement/contract with these guys so neither one really had any idea how much this was going to cost and how long it would take. Mistakes made by all parties involved.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:51 PM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by Motormouth
and no offense, but that is not a failure of his business sense, but his mechanical skill as well, because he should have been able to accurately time, price and design any job he decided to undertake. Greed, zeal or ignorance it doesn't really matter the reasoning behind his decisions.

These problems stray past his business acumen issues and to continually push back (coachk) and try to limit the culpability to this is only -at least to me- you defending a friend. But that isn't really called for.
I respectfully disagree with everything you have said in this post. Are you saying that every custom build doesn't have issues come up that were unforseen. If you are you're sadly mistaken.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:51 PM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I've seen people for JT and against JT.. i am curious as to how chris currently feels about this whole situation
Old 06-06-2009, 01:55 PM
coachk
Banned

Like you haven't already spoken to him about this...interesting how Craig came back so suddenly. BTW do you have my phone number as well
Old 06-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Cloud35

Originally Posted by coachk
I respect your opinion,but don't agree with it at all. I'm probably the wrong guy to debate with about a legal issue, but anyways...

I didn't say I don't agree with those statements, I just had to clarify a few things. Once again the problem with Craigs and the other project cars was JT DIDN'T have a written agreement/contract with these guys so neither one really had any idea how much this was going to cost and how long it would take. Mistakes made by all parties involved.
In regards to the debate, may I ask why? I'm currently a law student and at this stage, I would welcome any debate. The way I see it, any debate will lead to more information and knowledge on both ends so regardless of the victor, both parties still gain something. Not meant to challenge you at all, but that statement implies either you are an experienced lawyer or have more background in it than I do and I am more than willing to learn a few things.

And if that's the case that the terms were not set in stone and that both parties were just doing it as they go, then I would have to agree with you that fault lies on both parties involved. And if you do know more in legal matters, is there any professional duty or fiduciary duty owed to the customer from JT?
Old 06-06-2009, 02:02 PM
coachk
Banned

I don't know the specifics so I will offer an unbiased opinion on the matter. coach, how can you not agree with those statements? Basic contract law dictates that you're not even supposed to do that. If you contracted to perform a specific job for X amount of dollars, then that is what you're supposed to do. If you cannot do it, that does not give you the right to leave the car half done and ask for more money. If you cannot honor the contract, then it is up to the breaching party to restore both parties to their original state before the contract were made. Meaning that the car should be restored to its original condition when it first arrived and any monies paid should be refunded. He isn't allowed to keep those cars at all if he couldn't honor the original contract. IMO, that is considered theft. Now, if the customers have yet to pay the full amount of the original agreed upon price, then JT should have put a mechanic's lien on those titles.

As for the outsourcing comment, how can you not agree with that either? Consider this, say you brought your car in for a warranty spark plugs. (Hypothetical situation here folks so brands may not be accurate) Would it be ok for Nissan to deny your claim because they said those are NGK or Denso plugs because that's where they outsourced the plugs from? No, it would not be right. It would be Nissan's obligation because they chose to outsource those plugs, not the end consumer. What if your rim fractured from faulty casting, can Nissan deny your claim and say, "Sorry. You're gonna have to take that up with Mackin Industries." No. So if JT chose to outsource a motor as part of his work, why would he not be responsible?

I'm not trying to offend you or anything. I know that you're a long time and respected member here but I think your interests here may conflict with your ability to see the bigger picture. As a long time lurker with really no allegiance here in the FI forum, I figure I'd just lend an outside unbiased opinion.

-Jim
Forgot to answer this one...
If you read what I said, I did say that its JT's responsibility not the customer.

Last edited by coachk; 06-06-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:03 PM
doug

Like you haven't already spoken to him about this...interesting how Craig came back so suddenly. BTW do you have my phone number as well
i really havn't .. he remains classy about the whole situation.. he won't talk.. he would rather talk about anything else under the sun.. he loves his truck more than his car now..
Old 06-06-2009, 02:11 PM
Cloud35

Forgot to answer this one...
If you read what I said, I did say that its JT's responsibility not the customer.
My mistake. When you quoted QuickSilver and bolded the selected text, I assumed you meant that those were the points you didn't agree with him on.

Edit: If you, in fact agree with the bolded parts, then we are both on the same page.

No but seriously, I don't want to pry into your personal life but if you are a lawyer, how about an internship? Job market sucks here in Philly. LOL

Last edited by Cloud35; 06-06-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:13 PM
captj3

Its a shame that everything you have said is the furthest thing from the truth. I know you and JT don't get along and you and Gus don't get along, but to say these things only make you and your beloved Japtrix look like a bunch of idiots.
I know you will defend him to the end and that's fine he did good by you. If you feel that what I said is the furthest from the truth maybe you don't know everything. Now as far as bringing Japtrix and gus into this that makes you look like the idiot and a puppet. They have nothing to do with what I said. As a matter of fact either one of them can come here and make a comment if they choose too. Don't base a argument online with not getting along. People can argue and move on no matter how heated it gets. At least none of us are like jt he argues, threatens and then tries to sell you his services...LOL What a tool he was.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:14 PM
doug

BTW coach.. you should know i'm the last person to influence Craig to come back to this thread.. i had nothing to do with his return
coachk
Banned

In regards to the debate, may I ask why? I'm currently a law student and at this stage, I would welcome any debate. The way I see it, any debate will lead to more information and knowledge on both ends so regardless of the victor, both parties still gain something. Not meant to challenge you at all, but that statement implies either you are an experienced lawyer or have more background in it than I do and I am more than willing to learn a few things.

And if that's the case that the terms were not set in stone and that both parties were just doing it as they go, then I would have to agree with you that fault lies on both parties involved. And if you do know more in legal matters, is there any professional duty or fiduciary duty owed to the customer from JT?
When the customers ran out of money to complete the jobs I told JT to just return the cars. That was his only responsibility at the time. There was no written contracts.
Lets just say I met my wife a long long time ago while we were both in law school.
doug

In regards to the debate, may I ask why? I'm currently a law student and at this stage,
you're out of your leauge
Old 06-06-2009, 02:22 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doug
I've seen people for JT and against JT.. i am curious as to how chris currently feels about this whole situation
Why don't you just ask him?
Old 06-06-2009, 02:22 PM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by captj3
I know you will defend him to the end and that's fine he did good by you. If you feel that what I said is the furthest from the truth maybe you don't know everything. Now as far as bringing Japtrix and gus into this that makes you look like the idiot and a puppet. They have nothing to do with what I said. As a matter of fact either one of them can come here and make a comment if they choose too. Don't base a argument online with not getting along. People can argue and move on no matter how heated it gets. At least none of us are like jt he argues, threatens and then tries to sell you his services...LOL What a tool he was.
Let me ask you this...have YOU ever had any PERSONAL face to face conversations with JT or have YOU ever had any work done on YOUR car by him. If not, all your opinions are based on someone elses dealings with JT in which there are always 2 sides to a story.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Cloud35

Originally Posted by doug
you're out of your leauge
Well from what was already stated, don't you think I know that? I will be the first to tell you that too. If you read further doug, I realize that I don't know nearly enough and that my reason for the debate was hopefully to learn something if anything. You really do live up to your title

Quick Reply: Jeremy Tibbs