Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

momentum performance

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:22 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott@Momentum
Please I'm done arguing but I'm not going to allow you to make up blatant lies about what I "said". I never said nor intended that either of those conditions would be the result. Please quote me saying otherwise if you are going to continue to say that.
I believe the reason for the misconception is based on your choice of words, which i believe you did intentionally..

what you should have said was the difference between the powerlab kit and our kit is that they route the wastegate differently, we choose the other option because its how standard turbo kits are made

infact what you did say was the PL Kit did their wastegate wrong and is a huge design flaw, however it works great and it makes power and there is nothing wrong with its performance, just that they made it wrong

A wok looks nothing like a frying pan, but if it makes fried rice just the same and it taste just the same, then i'm not going to say a wok was made incorrectly

An STS Turbo Kit looks nothing like a Turbonetics Turbo Kit, but it makes power just the same and it performs just the same, then i'm not going to say an STS Kit was made incorrectly

A tampon looks nothing like a maxipad, but it prevents a woman from leaking during her time of hte month, then i'm not going to say the tampon is made incorrectly

An LCD TV looks nothing like a DLP TV, but it shows me picture just the same, then i'm not going to say the LCD TV is made incorrectly

I could go on for days, but i'm sure you're starting to see my point..

If you agree the PowerLab Kit performs correctly and does nothing to wrong, why would you say its made wrong? you should have said its different, not the avenue you have chosen, but you can't jump up and say its a design flaw if you say it works great

Until you test a PowerLab Kit and prove your theory, please stop throwing up theories and laws of physics and how things are suppose to work.. if everything in this world worked how it was SUPPOSE to work then everything would be predictable
Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 AM
alan21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread reminds me why i dont come on the forums anymore. Im so sick of all the shop nut hugging ******s its rediculous sometimes, just give it a rest. I my opinion this kit looks better then the PL.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:28 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott, What is this kit gonna cost???
Old 06-09-2009, 05:29 AM
1ZweetZ

I don't have a full build sheet but it is petty much an automatic G35 with a stock motor and our turbo kit, headers, and exhaust running 8psi.

Please I'm done arguing but I'm not going to allow you to make up blatant lies about what I "said". I never said nor intended that either of those conditions would be the result. Please quote me saying otherwise if you are going to continue to say that.
Well you can't say it "Doesn't work and everyone should move that wastegate immediately" when it does, and they don't. That is what you said, and now you are just back pedaling because the facts were pointed out obviously enough a 5 year old child could understand it.

As for the other "simple yes or no question" guys. It isn't a simple yes or no. The layout of the VQ does not allow for what is CONSIDERED "optimal" wastegate placement. Packaging, installation, heat, proper wasting of the exhaust back into the exhaust system from the wastegate, and proper operation all have to be considered. I personally can't stand wastegates that dump to atmosphere on a street car they all sound like S&!%. Intense did test both ways BTW, I was by the shop several times while this kit was being tested.

So the "Simple" answer is NO! I would want the wastegate where it performs properly (I.E. no creap, no spike), is easy to install, and allows for proper entry back into the exhaust without causing a nightmare to service. Will also allow full turbo operation when desired without requiring a change to the wastegate spring due to it opening prematurely using a spring that will allow low enough boost to run pump gas without concern.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:34 AM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by alan21
This thread reminds me why i dont come on the forums anymore. Im so sick of all the shop nut hugging ******s its rediculous sometimes, just give it a rest. I my opinion this kit looks better then the PL.
Like *******s, everyone has an opinion. We all have PL kits, and they are trouble free, how is that "nut hugging". Your just pissed off someone can't come on to these forums and insult a well established, well respected shop without reprocussion. I guess we should all just sit back and let other shops slander shops that have worked VERY hard at maintaining a good reputation for customer support, spent ALOT of money ensuring the products they produce provide excellent bang for the buck performance! That's what you want?

GTFOOH!
Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

I wasnt going to post here with all the drama, but, LMAO at dougs comment with the tampons loll.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:38 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Vas@Extended
I wasnt going to post here with all the drama, but, LMAO at dougs comment with the tampons loll.
doug has a way to say thing so i could understand it
Old 06-09-2009, 05:41 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ZweetZ
Like *******s, everyone has an opinion. We all have PL kits, and they are trouble free, how is that "nut hugging". Your just pissed off someone can't come on to these forums and insult a well established, well respected shop without reprocussion. I guess we should all just sit back and let other shops slander shops that have worked VERY hard at maintaining a good reputation for customer support, spent ALOT of money ensuring the products they produce provide excellent bang for the buck performance! That's what you want?

GTFOOH!
yeah, its amazing that all you need to win people here is buy them a 6 pack fo beer and sweet talk them at a meet and ***** out a price to at least 5$ cheaper and you get all the credibility you need lol. And then we wonder why scott bush keep leeching around lol.

When pl kit came out it did got its fair ammount of heat, PL and intense didnt go out and started bashing everybody elses turbo kit, they backed out their work with videos, dynos, and pics of their work, plus track time(most didnt know their background with the supras)....i figure thats how you earn your credibility.
Old 06-09-2009, 05:48 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

problemm solved^^^^ can we get along now? =) lol
Old 06-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Why cant we be friends, why cant we be friends, (I need musical notes)
Old 06-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Vas@Extended
Vendor - Former Vendor

Lets all join the 1 men " wolf pack " ( from " The Hangover " ) lmao
Old 06-09-2009, 06:05 AM
Glex25

Originally Posted by Jason333
All of this "burden of proof" stuff made me giggle a bit. The PL kit seems just fine and doesn't need the entire state of AZ getting their panties in a wad to jump to its defense.

Just to be clear, are all of the AZ supporters group inc (trademark) saying that the waste gate couldn't be placed better? Simple yes or no.
When the sharks smell blood
It's a feeding frenzy
Old 06-09-2009, 06:27 AM
1ZweetZ

Their wastegate placement is a HUGE issue and I would highly recommend anyone with that kit change that on their own.
Is that better? Word for word....the meaning IS THE SAME!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:33 AM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vas@Extended
Lets all join the 1 men " wolf pack " ( from " The Hangover " ) lmao
I lol'd!!
Old 06-09-2009, 06:59 AM
swede68

^--- funniest movie so far this year!
Old 06-09-2009, 07:28 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

can we give the useless bickering a rest? its only going to get the thread locked.. you guys want to fight.. fight it out in PM

alan.. you're a pretty cool guy .. respectable member.. 1ZweetZ .. you're one of the smartest dudes on this forum.. well for those of us who know who you ACTUALLY are.. the others would be suprised if they knew..

lets just move on
Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 AM
alan21

im done. I dont want this to get closed on my account.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:46 AM
coachk
Banned

Originally Posted by doug
can we give the useless bickering a rest? its only going to get the thread locked.. you guys want to fight.. fight it out in PM

alan.. you're a pretty cool guy .. respectable member.. 1ZweetZ .. you're one of the smartest dudes on this forum.. well for those of us who know who you ACTUALLY are.. the others would be suprised if they knew..

lets just move on

Not as smart as go-fast for those of us who ACTUALLY know him....

Go-fast trumps your Zweety..
Old 06-09-2009, 07:56 AM
IntenseSales
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by coachk
Not as smart as go-fast for those of us who ACTUALLY know him....

Go-fast trumps your Zweety..
Oh if you only knew.

I can simply say this, Majority of this industry has been affected in one way or another in a positive manner by 1ZweetZ but, we'll leave it at there.

It makes me ROFL anytime I see someone attempt to battle him. I guarantee there is no one on this site that can hang with him/her (lol) on an automotive intelligence level. Don't try you will look sorry just like all the others.

Not just my opinion its the truth.

GOOOO Schoementus MotorfartZ, dig that hole baby

Last edited by IntenseSales; 06-09-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:57 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

I see the free beer and socializing at Zdays paying its dividends in this thread. LOL @ the hypocrites labeling the few of us that are part of the Intense/PowerLab inner circle as nuthuggers and stating that all of AZ is getting involved here. Unlike the nuthuggers on Momentum's side of the fence that have posted here, we are not swinging for people or a product that we barely know. Some of you need to add "Will swing on your nuts for free beer" to your sigs.

Those of us who have posted (IIQuickSilverII, SlideFox, 1ZweetZ, and myself... WOW, a whopping 4 people supposedly constitutes the whole Z/G community in AZ) were all directly involved and/or present during the development of the PowerLab kit. So of course we take offense when a competitor that has not seen a PowerLab kit before comes on the forums and makes slanderous comments. We have subsequently learned that Momentum was talking sh*t about the PowerLab kit at Zdayz too. So the comments by Momentum in this thread are not an isolated incident or a one-time poor choice of words.

Some of you guys are being truly dense if you can't see the legal ramifications for a company who has zero experience with the competitor's product that chooses to make negative marketing comments about that product that have yet to be proven.

And you guys are being truly retarded if you expect us to give Momentum carte blanche to do this publicly without a strong response from those of us within the Intense/PowerLab inner circle that were directly involved in the development of this product we believe in.

It's guys like you in this thread that are beginning to make me hate the VQ community. Way too many clueless morons and sheep that will talk sh*t and swing on someone else's nuts for a free beer or for an opportunity to use keyboard courage against a forum member they don't like.

Last edited by RudeG_v2.0; 06-09-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Quick Reply: momentum performance