Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New winter new turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Crom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
I love those add-a-circuits, I use them all the time!
+1... Nice MAF House....
Old 01-17-2010, 05:46 PM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Some good news, starting tomorrow, I will be a vendor on here. Right now I am trying to get 3 more kits done, and stock up on "spare" part. I will have at least one of everything handy so if something does go with a customer’s kit, I can just ship the new part out.

I will have a G35 in my garage for a week starting next weekend, so this will give me a chance to test fit everything on a G. I am certain that the kit will just bolt right up, as it does on the Z. The only thing that may be different is the way the charge air gets routed from the IC to the TB, but that is no big deal.
Old 01-17-2010, 05:47 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How are you duplicating your piping, did you fabricate some jigs?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:57 PM
BoostedProbe

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
How are you duplicating your piping, did you fabricate some jigs?
Right now it's all on the car, but will be making the jigs up in the near future. Should speed things up. I should be able to get 4 kits done per month, and hope to have a group buy mid to late spring.

I would like to have 4 kits ready to ship when I do the group buy, so no delays.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:33 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

has MI 35th installed his kit yet?
Old 01-18-2010, 06:26 AM
BoostedProbe

Originally Posted by str8dum1
has MI 35th installed his kit yet?
He is receiving it today, so I am not sure when he will install it. It shouldn’t take him long to install, maybe one day. Most of the stuff is already preassembled already, so just a matter of bolting things up. Maybe a 6 hour job, depending on how “apart” his car is already.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:26 AM
zrzly?

I gotta say, read through both threads completely and I am extreiely impressed with the detail and addressing the smaller things involved with all this fabrication work. Alot of people talk about fabbing their own parts, but you've gone from a one-off kit to vendor status. Has a final price been released for this yet? Not to nit-pick but are you concerned about having to mass produce and certain things slipping through the cracks? (I am in no way shape or form ball-busting as I have the utmost respect for this guy and what he's done for these cars)
Old 01-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by zrzly?
I gotta say, read through both threads completely and I am extreiely impressed with the detail and addressing the smaller things involved with all this fabrication work. Alot of people talk about fabbing their own parts, but you've gone from a one-off kit to vendor status. Has a final price been released for this yet? Not to nit-pick but are you concerned about having to mass produce and certain things slipping through the cracks? (I am in no way shape or form ball-busting as I have the utmost respect for this guy and what he's done for these cars)

Thank you, and as you can see I am officially a vendor now.

I am not at all concerned about things "slipping through the cracks". These kits are desighned and built by me. If I was sourcing the labour/fabrication out to some shop, then I would be very concerned myself. This way, I have a system and there is no chance for errors.

Look for a group buy later this spring.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 01-18-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 01-18-2010, 03:09 PM
350Z400rwhp

I just have to say I am really impressed with your kit and hope all works out well as you start to mass produce these. I really like the way you designed it as the installation will be very easy. The main reason I went with a supercharger is because of the ease of installation. This is key when you are selling a product where a lot of people will do the install themselves. I can't wait to see the numbers!
Old 01-18-2010, 03:14 PM
marques1

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

extremely interesting.....pricing?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 350Z400rwhp
I just have to say I am really impressed with your kit and hope all works out well as you start to mass produce these. I really like the way you designed it as the installation will be very easy. The main reason I went with a supercharger is because of the ease of installation. This is key when you are selling a product where a lot of people will do the install themselves. I can't wait to see the numbers!
Thanks, simplicity was the driving factor with this setup. The kit is capbale of some very good numbers, and you can bolt up any T3 or T4 turbo to the exhaust flange. So the versatility is there too. With the right turbo 700whp is very possible.

Originally Posted by marques1
extremely interesting.....pricing?

I am looking at charging $4850 for the kit plus EMS. It looks like I struck a deal with Uprev, so with EMS you will be looking at about $5350. So this is now a full kit, with 550cc injetors, fuel pump...ect.

It will also include this oil pan:

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 01-18-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Nate76s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BoostedProbe
Some good news, starting tomorrow, I will be a vendor on here. Right now I am trying to get 3 more kits done, and stock up on "spare" part. I will have at least one of everything handy so if something does go with a customer’s kit, I can just ship the new part out.

I will have a G35 in my garage for a week starting next weekend, so this will give me a chance to test fit everything on a G. I am certain that the kit will just bolt right up, as it does on the Z. The only thing that may be different is the way the charge air gets routed from the IC to the TB, but that is no big deal.
This is what I have been waiting for.

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Thanks, simplicity was the driving factor with this setup. The kit is capbale of some very good numbers, and you can bolt up any T3 or T4 turbo to the exhaust flange. So the versatility is there too. With the right turbo 700whp is very possible.

I am looking at charging $4850 for the kit plus EMS. It looks like I struck a deal with Uprev, so with EMS you will be looking at about $5350. So this is now a full kit, with 550cc injetors, fuel pump...ect.

It will also include this oil pan:

Congratulations on vender status and the name is perfect.

I also love this kit for its attention to detail and ease of installation. I prefer to do things myself if I can.

I am assuming you will have a preset tune with Osiris? Are you shipping them a kit for testing? Also, what if someone already has the Osiris software and license (as I do for NA) can they still get the kit with the FI map and not pay for a full Osiris license? If all goes well (tax return and wife) I will be seriously considering this kit.
Old 01-18-2010, 04:53 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nate76s
This is what I have been waiting for.

Congratulations on vender status and the name is perfect.

I also love this kit for its attention to detail and ease of installation. I prefer to do things myself if I can.

I am assuming you will have a preset tune with Osiris? Are you shipping them a kit for testing? Also, what if someone already has the Osiris software and license (as I do for NA) can they still get the kit with the FI map and not pay for a full Osiris license? If all goes well (tax return and wife) I will be seriously considering this kit.
Thanks, the DIY install is a nice advantage, and I would recomed to all they they install their own turbo kits if possible, no matter what kit they get. It just makes maintenance down the road that much easier and cheaper.

As far as as Osiris goes, I am still working on the details. If you have an EMS you don't have to buy one from me, no matter what you may have. A tuner kit will also be available (no injectors, no fuel pump) for $4500 or so.

Good luck with the taxes and better luck with your wife. If you have wife trouble tell her to call my wife, she will end up buying the kit for you.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:50 PM
tylerxfire

well i just read thru all the pages, cant beleive i missed this thread...congratulations im def. in to see what numbers it puts up
Old 01-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Zkiller

yeah I've followed you from day one,,,I can't wait to see the new numbers
Old 01-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Nate76s

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Thanks, the DIY install is a nice advantage, and I would recomed to all they they install their own turbo kits if possible, no matter what kit they get. It just makes maintenance down the road that much easier and cheaper.

As far as as Osiris goes, I am still working on the details. If you have an EMS you don't have to buy one from me, no matter what you may have. A tuner kit will also be available (no injectors, no fuel pump) for $4500 or so.

Good luck with the taxes and better luck with your wife. If you have wife trouble tell her to call my wife, she will end up buying the kit for you.
Yeah, I am a DIYer for the most part. I just don't have your fabrication skills or experience. Turning wrenchs I am quite good at though.

I don't really have wife problems, but she likes to take what I spend as an excuse to spend an equal amount, even though over the last 5 years she has 10x as much on herself as I do on myself. You know how it is ... her money is her money and your money is her money.

Last edited by Nate76s; 01-18-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Sasha,
Great stuff as always, congrats on the sponsor ship. Cant wait to see numbers. Definitely interested in the kit down the road

p.s- I wanna hear the sound of this kit + some vids!!
Old 01-18-2010, 06:48 PM
zrzly?

i still haven't seen a vid yet.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Nate76s

Sasha, is the G35 you are test fitting a rev-up or non rev-up? I have a non-rev and was wondering if this would cause problems with fitment?
Old 01-18-2010, 07:36 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nate76s
Sasha, is the G35 you are test fitting a rev-up or non rev-up? I have a non-rev and was wondering if this would cause problems with fitment?
It's a 2004 non rev-up, but I don't think it will make a difference at all.

As for the guys requesting some sort of footage, I don't have any. I accidentaly deleted last years track day footage. The car souds just like any other boosted VQ35, it all depends on your exhaust. My exhaust setup was as quiet as the stock exhaust, but because of this you could hear the turbo much better. So it all depend on what you have.

I will also be working on an HR single turbo kit in the near future.. seen as there aren't any out there.

Quick Reply: New winter new turbo build