Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

New winter new turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Nate76s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
It's a 2004 non rev-up, but I don't think it will make a difference at all.

As for the guys requesting some sort of footage, I don't have any. I accidentaly deleted last years track day footage. The car souds just like any other boosted VQ35, it all depends on your exhaust. My exhaust setup was as quiet as the stock exhaust, but because of this you could hear the turbo much better. So it all depend on what you have.

I will also be working on an HR single turbo kit in the near future.. seen as there aren't any out there.
Sweet, same car I have.
Old 01-18-2010, 09:39 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to UPS website, the kit will be here sometime tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing this kit in action.

I know the guys down at Injected are anxious to see what this new alternative to single turbo's can do.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:41 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MI 35th
According to UPS website, the kit will be here sometime tomorrow. I am looking forward to seeing this kit in action.

I know the guys down at Injected are anxious to see what this new alternative to single turbo's can do.
I noticed there was a one day delay on delivery..ah well, better than my 5 day delay with DHL.

Either way, let me know how it goes. I think you have my number, just in case.

Just an FYI for people looking at this, shipping was $250 from Canada, so not bad at all. It was two boxes for a combined weigh of 120lbs.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:28 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Just Received it. Everything looks in order, although everything has customs tape all around it. The Looked through every item in both boxes. Its a damn green US mess off tape.

Other than that all parts are here I believe and looks great.

Just talked to Greg @ Injected they are picking up the Z in a few days, So i better get to work.

-Don
Old 01-19-2010, 12:44 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Just Received it. Everything looks in order, although everything has customs tape all around it. The Looked through every item in both boxes. Its a damn green US mess off tape.

Other than that all parts are here I believe and looks great.

Just talked to Greg @ Injected they are picking up the Z in a few days, So i better get to work.

-Don
Excelent, I bet they were looking for the Beaver. It's to be expected, every item I ever get gets opened to verify the paperwork. It's no big deal.

We are all loking forward to dyno day. Just go through the install manual a couple of times before starting, should speed things up siginificanlty.
Old 01-19-2010, 12:55 PM
bigcloud

I'm excited like a kid in a candy store!! Can't wait to see the final results of this kit!!
Old 01-19-2010, 01:00 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Read through the install manual! Very detailed, I think anyone without any experience could manage this one with basic hand tools.

On that note BP, spell check your instructions...
Old 01-19-2010, 01:06 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hahaha, I wrapped up the instructions at 2:00AM. I will spell check the instructions before sending any more out.

Read through the install manual! Very detailed, I think anyone without any experience could manage this one with basic hand tools.

On that note BP, spell check your instructions...
Old 01-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

BP, did you get my pm?
Old 01-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
BP, did you get my pm?
Yes I did. Funny thing, as I have been talking to a local member about using his VQ35HR for a sinlgle turbo mock up. The intercooler is already here.

Looks like you are going to use the same turbo location as me..sound....interesting
Old 01-19-2010, 03:50 PM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

This is what I mean:

[/QUOTE]

Looking at this picture makes me wonder if it will work on a rev-up with its different steering rack. Any input? this is critical. As my friend has his finger on the trigger to buy this set-up. Only issue is if this charge pipe will clear the rev-up power steering lines.

See below the issue we tried to address to make the turbonetics to fit a fit a rev-up model:

Where you see the red arrow, it looks like thats where your charge pipe would fit. It appears to be on a direct collision course with the power steering lines on a rev-up model Z.

Last edited by rrmedicx; 01-19-2010 at 04:07 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:01 PM
rrmedicx

Next important question. sorry if I missed it...Will this kit work with any set of aftermarket headers???
Turbonetics will not. But then again this is nothing even close to turbonetics. That much is clear. But I am not sure about the clearance of the charge pipe in relation to aftermarket tube headers. Please advise. Thanks. Kit looks great! Nice updates.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:10 PM
rrmedicx

this is what we did to try and make some additional space to accommodate the rev-up:
Old 01-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I want this kit more and more.. this would be really easy to install.. I think easier than the vortech hmm.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Next important question. sorry if I missed it...Will this kit work with any set of aftermarket headers???
Turbonetics will not. But then again this is nothing even close to turbonetics. That much is clear. But I am not sure about the clearance of the charge pipe in relation to aftermarket tube headers. Please advise. Thanks. Kit looks great! Nice updates.
Well, for starters this kit is made on an 2006 350z so a Rev-up motor. In other words it will fit fine. There is no issues as far as fitment goes, as the charge piping runs up high.

Headers, it "should" bolt up to any agtermarket header, but I am not sure about the clearance for the charge pipig under the driver side. I guess I would have to have a look at how low the header pipe sits on the driver side.

EDIT:

Went out and took a couple more pictures for you, again this is a REV-UP engine:

Let me know, I am finishing up another kit here right away. I have two turbo options, the Precision 6162 (.81 a/r)or a Garret T3 60-1, this Garret is very very simmilar to the GT35R (same compressor wheel) and has an .63 a/r. I am still waiting for 4 sets of 550cc injectors to arrive and 4 APS TT style oil pans.

Last edited by Boosted Performance; 01-19-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:05 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

I have the old style steering rack, on the revup motor. God love the 35th Anniv.
Old 01-20-2010, 04:13 AM
rrmedicx

Great to know it was designed on an '06. Those pictures above tell the story. Thanks.

But as you stated, it is not exactly clear how the system will work with aftermarket headers. Overall, you have done some outstanding work, including your systematic upgrades based on user feedback. BUT, if someone really wanted to take full advantage and get the most bang for the buck, even a 'cheapie' set of aftermarket headers on ebay would probably net maybe 500rpm faster spool just based on improved exhaust flow as compared to the stock headers. Would you agree? Only issue is that many of the aftermarket headers tend to swoop downward as they try in many cases to utilize even length tubing. Some moreso than others.

So I was just curious more than anything about recommending to my friend to go ahead and get a set of aftermarket headers and to have them installed while he is getting his motor upgraded to save time on your turbo install and to maximizing his total performance.
Any feedback? Thanks. Much appreciated. And again KUDOS on gaining Vendor status and good luck selling this kit. I'm sure it will keep you very busy!
Old 01-20-2010, 05:53 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks a bunch for the kind comments, I guess I can say the same about your DIY engine build that I have looked over a few times. Just an awesome detail and tips, and I hope to use it as a reference in the future.

I though posting a full build thread would be a good idea because there are people here that can provide very good feedback. There are also a bunch of nut huggers because they have other turbo kits and have different opinions, but that is to be expected. The douche bag comments, from people that have never done any work on a car is what I have a problem with. But that is a different story. It's just that I and many open minded people see many advantages to this kit over others.

As far as my recommendations go and if your friend is looking at this kit I would suggest OEM headers. They will flow well enough to support 600+hp. However, if he is willing to experiment you are on the right track with the ebay headers. If they don’t work out, he wouldn’t be out too much money.

Originally Posted by rrmedicx
Great to know it was designed on an '06. Those pictures above tell the story. Thanks.

But as you stated, it is not exactly clear how the system will work with aftermarket headers. Overall, you have done some outstanding work, including your systematic upgrades based on user feedback. BUT, if someone really wanted to take full advantage and get the most bang for the buck, even a 'cheapie' set of aftermarket headers on ebay would probably net maybe 500rpm faster spool just based on improved exhaust flow as compared to the stock headers. Would you agree? Only issue is that many of the aftermarket headers tend to swoop downward as they try in many cases to utilize even length tubing. Some moreso than others.

So I was just curious more than anything about recommending to my friend to go ahead and get a set of aftermarket headers and to have them installed while he is getting his motor upgraded to save time on your turbo install and to maximizing his total performance.
Any feedback? Thanks. Much appreciated. And again KUDOS on gaining Vendor status and good luck selling this kit. I'm sure it will keep you very busy!
Old 01-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Boosted Performance
Thanks a bunch for the kind comments, I guess I can say the same about your DIY engine build that I have looked over a few times. Just an awesome detail and tips, and I hope to use it as a reference in the future.

I though posting a full build thread would be a good idea because there are people here that can provide very good feedback. There are also a bunch of nut huggers because they have other turbo kits and have different opinions, but that is to be expected. The douche bag comments, from people that have never done any work on a car is what I have a problem with. But that is a different story. It's just that I and many open minded people see many advantages to this kit over others.

As far as my recommendations go and if your friend is looking at this kit I would suggest OEM headers. They will flow well enough to support 600+hp. However, if he is willing to experiment you are on the right track with the ebay headers. If they don’t work out, he wouldn’t be out too much money.
I wouldnt even worry about those people and just put em in the ignore list. Jealousy, is what makes those so called douche bags talk.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:45 AM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vas_Z33
I wouldnt even worry about those people and just put em in the ignore list. Jealousy, is what makes those so called douche bags talk.
Ahhhh that is the last thing on my mind anyway.

Just as a side note, with teh Garrett T3 60-1 .63a/r I was getting full boost of 8psi by 3100rpm. In case some are concerned about about lag.

There is less exhaust piping from header to turbo with this setup than with any other ST kit out there. Not to mention that with the other top mount turbos the down pipe is basically the full length of the car.

Quick Reply: New winter new turbo build