Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Longevity of full builds, the good the bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 09:41 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

better yet im not even gonna read you're stupid comments anymore you wanna accept my offer pm me!
Old 12-11-2009, 09:43 AM
AlwaysNBoost

thanks! finnally someone sees my point..thanks b

Originally Posted by JS04
This thread is still informative. It has discussions about sleeves, and build longevity. Good information in here. If some noob comes on here and asks a question about building or sleeves then they deserve to get flamed. Anyways...........

Build:
JE Pistons, Eagle Rods, HR Headstuds/Headgasket. Turbonetics kit.
Miles: 8K

Driven about 3 days a week. I always hit boost. Cars been on a couple of road trips also. Car was only tuned on wastegate (car wasn't a priority apparently to the tuner) only made 367hp @8psi. Car has since then been setup for 12psi. Haven't been able to get to a dyno to checkout the numbers. Only problems I have are the car sometimes smokes leaving from a stop light. Also had a very small puddle of coolant under the car a few months back. Looked over everything and couldn't find the leak. Car hasn't looked coolant since then.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by AlwaysNBoost
You wanna lock it the **** up or are you gonna come on this threads talking smack and trying to be little everyone you clown. whats up
what does that have to do with if you've ever seen a VQ Fail from detonation??
Old 12-11-2009, 09:45 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

AlwaysnBoost-it seems your mind has been made up for you.

Good luck with your future build, go ahead and do sleeves. Mine couldnt survive at 525whp or 605whp, 750+whp + sleeves + somewhat daily driven car = failure.

You are basically saying that VTR doesnt have sleeve issues, and and are asking why other do.

Look at the RESULTS of many shops and builds that have had no success with sleeves.

You are willing to look past that because you get a verbal guarantee from a shop who claims other shops dont know what they are doing? Good luck with it...your turning your head to the problems.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:47 AM
doug

better yet im not even gonna read you're stupid comments anymore you wanna accept my offer pm me!
you planning to race my bike? or did you just miss where i said i don't race cars anymore

anyway.. if you really want to run cars at E-Town.. i will make the trip out so you can shut your fat mouth.. but talk to me when your car is done.. we know how Vinny loves them 4 year builds

Last edited by doug; 12-11-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:58 AM
AlwaysNBoost

NO more z why are you even on the forums... second you know nothing about my car and if its done or not(keep assuming you know everything lol) u want me to race you're bike wow now I know you know nothing lol. Doug just continue keeping you're award "douchebag of the year" you deserve it!!! and pissing off internet nerds daily YOU ARE THE NERD!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Originally Posted by alan21
over 15,000 miles on my sleeved setup with no problems (knock on wood).
What power/boost do you mostly drive at?

Cooling mods?

ECU?

Be HONEST - how hard do you drive it?

Triple digits much?

Head studs?

Head gasket?

Anything more info would be good to gather seeing as how you have had success.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:05 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by Alberto
AlwaysnBoost-it seems your mind has been made up for you. It's been made up for a long time...

Good luck with your future build, go ahead and do sleeves. Mine couldnt survive at 525whp or 605whp, 750+whp + sleeves + somewhat daily driven car = failure. I feel you're pain bro but can't turn back the hands of time gl with you're future build

You are basically saying that VTR doesnt have sleeve issues, and and are asking why other do. I have not seen any if someone that had one of vinnys motors built with sleeves or without and has blown up please post something you wont be flammed!

Look at the RESULTS of many shops and builds that have had no success with sleeves. So just because every other shop hasn't figured it out isnt it safe to say that maybe he might be the answer we are looking for or should we assure that all engine builders build the same way and have no differences, all I m asking is why has no one else figured out the root of the problem but every thread like this one gets pulled in a different directions by internet thugs.

You are willing to look past that because you get a verbal guarantee from a shop who claims other shops dont know what they are doing? Good luck with it...your turning your head to the problems.
This maybe true but only the furture will tell...

Last edited by AlwaysNBoost; 12-11-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:08 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by alan21
over 15,000 miles on my sleeved setup with no problems (knock on wood).
please tell all you are exactly what im looking for you're info will be greatly accepted thanks
Old 12-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

If your mind is so made up, and you truly believe what your tuner/builder is telling you, then why did you PM me asking for my opinions? Why do you seem to care what anybody thinks about sleeves....your mind is set.

You have these preconceived notions that stem from no where else other than what VTR has told you. You have failed to post proof of a stock block car failing to warrant sleeves. Your 650+whp needs sleeves, and the stock sleeves fail ideas are coming from where?

Didnt it ever occur to you having a shop do sleeves isnt neccessarily looking out for your own good but is a way to make more $$$ on machining, install, and slightly more labor?

Last edited by Alberto; 12-11-2009 at 10:11 AM.
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by doug

a little bitter about the Single Turbo thread you got shut down about? try to not let your feelings carry from thread to thread..
I think you have me confused with somebody else. Please link my "Single Turbo tread" being shut down.

I know you feel you're special because you built your own Turbo Kit, but your still ignorant.. don't let it hold you back.. just keep reading and build your knowledge
doug

NO more z why are you even on the forums... second you know nothing about my car and if its done or not(keep assuming you know everything lol) u want me to race you're bike wow now I know you know nothing lol. Doug just continue keeping you're award "douchebag of the year" you deserve it!!! and pissing off internet nerds daily YOU ARE THE NERD!
I didn't say i didn't have a Z.. i said i don't race it.. i see you north jersey boys have reading comprehension problems.. probably all that gell.. anyway.. i never said i knew anything about your car.. i said when its done.. let me know so i can come down to E-Town.. yes usually when the douchebag reference comes out it means the person has lost the argument..

anyway.. as i said.. run your car .. not your mouth.. and if you feel your car could ever beat any bike i'm on.. now i know you're really sniffing that white powder

again.. since i might have lost you.. when your car is ready to run.. let me know... till then.. shut up and keep reading
Old 12-11-2009, 10:14 AM
doug

Originally Posted by BoostedProbe
I think you have me confused with somebody else. Please link my "Single Turbo tread" being shut down.
https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ed-thread.html

let me know if there is anything else i can get for you
Old 12-11-2009, 10:34 AM
BoostedProbe

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...ed-thread.html

let me know if there is anything else i can get for you

I think Alberto put the finishing touches on that thread, so I didn't reply. BTW stuff like that doesn't bother me, when somebody does it to you, it clearly bothers you though.

just keep reading and build your knowledge
I will just keep reading now, I want to learn from the greatest. Please tell all, I have my pen/paper ready.

Last edited by BoostedProbe; 12-11-2009 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:37 AM
doug

I think Alberto put the finishing touches on that thread, so I didn't reply. BTW stuff like that doesn't bother me, when somebody does it to you, it clearly bothers you though.
I guess this comment did you in huh?

If you havent OWNED or at the very least extensively driven both a ST and TT Z/G STFU!!

I will just keep reading now.
Good.. when you've experienced it for a good amount of time then you can contribute
Old 12-11-2009, 11:11 AM
G Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My build is still young...but no issues since the day it rolled out of the shop

1. Time (months) on built motor: 4 Months

2. Miles on built motor: ~ 4000 miles

3. HP, TQ, PSI (all three): 550WHP 480WTQ @ 13.4 psi APS Extreme TT

4. Who built the motor (optional): Motor built by Cosworth, heads by Port Flow, installed by Corner 3 Garage, and tuned by Technosquare
Old 12-11-2009, 11:23 AM
AlwaysNBoost

I didn't say i didn't have a Z.. i said i don't race it.. i see you north jersey boys have reading comprehension problems.. probably all that gell.. anyway.. i never said i knew anything about your car.. i said when its done.. let me know so i can come down to E-Town.. yes usually when the douchebag reference comes out it means the person has lost the argument..

anyway.. as i said.. run your car .. not your mouth.. and if you feel your car could ever beat any bike i'm on.. now i know you're really sniffing that white powder

again.. since i might have lost you.. when your car is ready to run.. let me know... till then.. shut up and keep reading
the humor in all this is that you have the same internet personality as julian did. Doug wish you the best of luck. Stop talking about cars and bikes clown comparing apples to oranges. Have fun with the plastic bikes been there done that! On to other things now. Have fun on two wheels Douchebag! And yes i lost the arguement
Old 12-11-2009, 11:26 AM
doug

the humor in all this is that you have the same internet personality as julian did. Doug wish you the best of luck. Stop talking about cars and bikes clown comparing apples to oranges. Have fun with the plastic bikes been there done that! On to other things now. Have fun on two wheels Douchebag! And yes i lost the arguement
i'm sorry i have to get back to you.. Jersey Shore is on MTV... i'm going to go watch that
Old 12-11-2009, 11:27 AM
AlwaysNBoost

If your mind is so made up, and you truly believe what your tuner/builder is telling you, then why did you PM me asking for my opinions? Why do you seem to care what anybody thinks about sleeves....your mind is set.

You have these preconceived notions that stem from no where else other than what VTR has told you. You have failed to post proof of a stock block car failing to warrant sleeves. Your 650+whp needs sleeves, and the stock sleeves fail ideas are coming from where?

Didnt it ever occur to you having a shop do sleeves isnt neccessarily looking out for your own good but is a way to make more $$$ on machining, install, and slightly more labor?
Ok Bert, answer this question for me? Forget about if sleeves are needed or not Forget about how much they cost and if a shop is making more money. IF they are installed (correctly) Do you think they will work fine yes or no? If no let me ask you why you come to you're opinion thats all I wanna know?
Old 12-11-2009, 11:31 AM
doug

Ok Bert, answer this question for me? Forget about if sleeves are needed or not Forget about how much they cost and if a shop is making more money. IF they are installed (correctly) Do you think they will work fine yes or no? If no let me ask you why you come to you're opinion thats all I wanna know?
umm.. isn't the owness of proof on you to prove why Sleeves are needed over 650 whp?

what do you consider a "standard build"

The way I look at it anything over 650 should be sleeved IMO i dont care what people think that vq can hold on stock sleeves.
You made that very bold statement and all you've done since then is run your mouth.. where is your proof? stop askign people to proove **** and proove what YOU know.. otherwise i suggest you stop posting and go back to whatever hole you crawled out of

Quick Reply: Longevity of full builds, the good the bad