Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

My HKS S/C Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 01:24 PM
jonnylaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To those that are in the middle of installing the kit, or to those that might have recently received it, can you check the coupler that connects the TB to the intercooler pipe and check the diameters/length/and whether it is a "straight" or "hump" type? I need to find a replacement that is slightly longer, but same diameters and type. thx.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:57 PM
Ruthless18x

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cool, thanks for the shop info guys.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:53 PM
_ink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IanP
Got mine from GTM & had a few issues with them not shipping when they were supposed to & also ignoring emails and pms

Tightened all my belts last night, started the car & it ran sweetley - give it a small rev and it cut out & after that it wouldnt start at all Luckily it was just a loose intercooler pipe

Real excited now, goes for tuning on may 1st
Awesome!

Are you using the provided fcon? or do you have your own management system?
Old 04-21-2010, 04:39 PM
DaytonaBlue55

Just letting everyone know that I have contacted GTM regarding the kit that I have sold ITOzann (for the third time) and they have clarified the reason why the serial number does not match the one in marbles' build thread.

The reason why is because Marbles' car was the first to successfully receive the 85mm pulley as well as there modified blower unit, this was not achieved in a single installation. Sam from GTM has informed me that Marbles car went through a series of unsuccessful trials and as many as 10, yes 10, different superchargers as well as brackets and pulleys were damaged or completely destroyed throughout the process!

P.S.

I wish u the best of luck with ur build and please refrain from accusing my sale as being a SCAM in the future, ur accusations are flimsy at best. If u have any further questions or concerns feel free to send me a PM or contact Sam at GTM he told me this would be ok.

Last edited by DaytonaBlue55; 04-21-2010 at 04:41 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 04:54 PM
_ink

Originally Posted by DaytonaBlue55
J ur accusations are flimsy at best.
I thought the serial number mismatch was pretty good and certainly far from flimsy.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:01 PM
DaytonaBlue55

Certainly grounds for a question but not to jump right into accusing someone of a SCAM without knowing all the details.... i dont know i guess i am one of those who feels people are good unitl proven bad, not bad until proven good....it has biten me in the *** a few time ill admit but cant imagine living life thinking everyone is out to get one over on eachother
Old 04-21-2010, 05:27 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jonnylaw
To those that are in the middle of installing the kit, or to those that might have recently received it, can you check the coupler that connects the TB to the intercooler pipe and check the diameters/length/and whether it is a "straight" or "hump" type? I need to find a replacement that is slightly longer, but same diameters and type. thx.
Hope this helps. Also None of them are hump type couplers.

Attached Thumbnails My HKS S/C Installation-untitled.jpg  
Old 04-21-2010, 06:12 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaytonaBlue55
Certainly grounds for a question but not to jump right into accusing someone of a SCAM without knowing all the details.... i dont know i guess i am one of those who feels people are good unitl proven bad, not bad until proven good....it has biten me in the *** a few time ill admit but cant imagine living life thinking everyone is out to get one over on eachother
Sam@GTM pm'ed me after going through this thread and I talked over the phone. The only response I got was that it was weird and not possible. Then, he requested a picture of the blower showing the serial number and the pulley even though I had the info posted here and available at the moment I called. I don't wanna involve sam or anything like that after this post but it surprises me that he asked for a pic instead of getting the serial number I have and check their records the same way he did when he told you the whole deal about the blower I purchased.

I'm really over it up to this point on what is true or not since any data will not be able to be proven by real facts other than statements either from you or Sam. Since I have the kit installed in my car, whatever statement I hear from you or Sam to this point will mean nothing to me. I've measured the pulley I received(90ishmm) with the kit and after the tune, the facts lead that the kit I purchased is a regular hks kit. I've moved on long ago and decided to deal with my situation on my own(enjoy the car the way it is now). I'm not willing or looking to win an argument with you. Up to now, I learned my lesson and that's pretty much it.

Now, don't come here as a victim and complain like a biatch! No one is bothering you or being **** with you calling you SCAMMER. I expressed my experience and the data I've gathered. The kit was advertised as a stage 5 when I purchased and I bought it from you. Up to this point there is nothing that supports the fact the this kit is an stage 5 other than the story between you and Sam. In addition the kit was not complete as advertised when I received it... even with all that, I haven't asked anything back from you other than help me get a 85mm pulley out from SAM. which you told me that was not gonna happen... you trully are a shame! --.--

Ariel

Last edited by ITOzann; 04-21-2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:12 PM
jonnylaw

Originally Posted by cdoxp800
Hope this helps. Also None of them are hump type couplers.

Yes, that helps. Thank you. So it is called a transition hose and its good there is a part number. Appartently HKSUSA, after receiving my serial number and part number for my SC, said that since my kit is a revup special order, even the silicone couplers are jdm and is not available direct from HKSUSA So, I doubt HKSUSA is ready to admit that the revup and non revup brackets might be the same, when they think that even the silicone couplers are different!

Anyways, after I installed a replacement Cosworth plenum (newer casting), the transition hose is a bit too short. So, I need to get a slighly larger one. So it is 80-60 mm (I assume that is 2.5 and 3.0 inches?). Unfortunately, it doesn't mention length for the transition hose. I should probably just take it off my car and measure it.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:29 AM
IanP

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by _ink
Awesome!

Are you using the provided fcon? or do you have your own management system?
My tuner would prefer to use Uprev & who am I to argue with him
Old 04-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Erdem

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why should Ariel complain, if everything was allrigt??
he is a well known and "accepted" member of this forum, not a liar..
Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 PM
cdoxp800

Ok here I what I think the Differences are related to the Non-RevUp De to the RevUp De.

1.The engine management was designed to work with the DE only.
2.Not all RevUp’s have the Second Idler/Fan Pulley. There are Two Belt layouts for the RevUp.

Layout 1:

Layout 2: Notice the Second Idler/Fan Pulley/

HKS Belt layout:

I do personally feel that the Brackets are 100% the same. I would recommend that if you are going to be installing it on a RevUp.
1. You first look and see if you have the Second Idler/Fan Pulley in Layout 2. If not you will need to get the missing parts from a older model Z.
2. Plan to get a engine management system

Brackets from both Non-RevUp and RevUp (Mine)
https://my350z.com/forum/8258542-post214.html

Again these are my own personal findings after seeing both kits. I am in no way saying it will work 100%, just pointing out my own observations after reading all the threads.
Now also keep in mind GTM Sales a "GTM HKS JDM GT Supercharger Tuner System"
http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...cat=321&page=1

Make of it what you will.

My
Attached Thumbnails My HKS S/C Installation-06.1.jpg   My HKS S/C Installation-06.2.jpg   My HKS S/C Installation-hks.jpg  

Last edited by cdoxp800; 04-22-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:21 PM
IanP

Has anyone tried using an Apexi filter instead of the HKS?

Mine is nearly finished now

Old 04-22-2010, 02:27 PM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by IanP
Has anyone tried using an Apexi filter instead of the HKS?
I have been looking into it. But what I have found is your going to have to Fab up a new pipe. Something like this (PowerLab GT35R Single Turbo Kit) uses.

I just have not had time to work on it.
Attached Thumbnails My HKS S/C Installation-ntnsracing_2100_435309.jpeg  
Old 04-22-2010, 03:26 PM
_ink

I don't think that setup is going to work with the HKS kits due to how the intercooler sits in the front grill. I don't think this will allow for any piping to come through.

It's looking great Ian!!!!!! Bet you can't wait to get it all tuned and ready to drive! How long did it take you all up??

To the people that already have them installed and ready to go, we need some drive by videos!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
cdoxp800

I don't think that setup is going to work with the HKS kits due to how the intercooler sits in the front grill. I don't think this will allow for any piping to come through.
Will see. I have done a dry run with no filter and it fit fine.
Old 04-22-2010, 05:21 PM
jonnylaw

just changed filters today. Looks like I'll be doing this more than I'd like, since the HKS ones don't seem to filter very well. I'm using a 3 layer dry type, not sure if that's the one that comes with the S/C.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:21 AM
_ink

Last edited by _ink; 04-23-2010 at 01:25 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:25 AM
_ink

See the kink of the intercooler on top?

This will stop you from running a pipe through.
Attached Thumbnails My HKS S/C Installation-p1040227.jpg  
Old 04-23-2010, 02:52 AM
IanP

It's looking great Ian!!!!!! Bet you can't wait to get it all tuned and ready to drive! How long did it take you all up??

To the people that already have them installed and ready to go, we need some drive by videos!!!!!!
Probably taken me about 45-50 hours over the last month - that includes fitting the bigger radiator, fans, cosworth, gauges etc The belts probably took the longest, 54mm radiator + accessory belt + fat hands = hard work

Quick Reply: My HKS S/C Installation