Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Forged Performance - My Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 06:04 AM
Tokugawa1973

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
On the contrary. No one cares what you do with you car because you've been here two years and no one has ever heard of you. Your post was retarded.
I'm not trying to make a name for myself on a "internet forum" I have a life princess. If you don't care then why did you comment? This is a public forum, where I am free to express any statements per the rules and regulations of this site and so are you. Never the less, I find your comment to be highly laughable. Do you own Forged Performance or have a vested interest in the company? If so, then I can understand your comment, but it just goes back to the non-customer service that the orginal poster stated. In cases like this, you want to regain the public's confidence in your company's goods and services. Instead you make stupid comments about not caring if someone visits a shop. You forget, if "retards" like me don't visit the shop, you have no business. The internet and public forums are a very powerful marketing tool, especially when it comes to the tuner market. Be careful what you say on these forums, it has a very strange way of coming back and biting you in the ***.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:11 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Just for the record, I have not been aware of any intentional wrong doing. In the past few days there has been much innuendo, but I have not seen any proof that documents malicious or nefarious intent.

The wrong turbo being put onto a car when the ordering part # is the same across multiple customers' invoices can be understood (if not forgiven), when the turbos in question look identical except for a marking that cannot be seen once the turbo is mounted in the car. (Not providing an excuse, just an explanation of how it could happen without ill intent).

I also won't turn my back on a shop that has done so much for me and this community. I do sincerely hope that there will be changes for the better and that the customer will always remain the #1 priority, even if it means swallowing some pride and investing some money to make it happen...
Old 04-20-2010, 06:14 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

troll got finally banned

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 04-20-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:26 AM
ToastZ

Hey Mike !! You joining the GT-R Club ?
Old 04-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdash

The wrong turbo being put onto a car when the ordering part # is the same across multiple customers' invoices can be understood (if not forgiven), when the turbos in question look identical except for a marking that cannot be seen once the turbo is mounted in the car. (Not providing an excuse, just an explanation of how it could happen without ill intent).
When a customers asks a shop owner multiple times to check the turbo that was ordered, shipped, delivered AND installed, AND you fail to take those concerns seriously there is no excuse. Not to mention he even had the supplier involved. For FP to just assume it was correct is beyond me.

You are right that is not ill intent that is incompetence.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:35 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
I received some more info and pictures from a name I will not mention.....all I will say is ...he/she is not a regular on here....

I am sure this will all come out soon....so let me say this in advance. Usually when things start to fall apart...it does so very quickly. Look at Tiger Woods.....he screws a few ******.....but more ****** that he has never seen come out of no where claiming that they were also screwed....I hope you get my point.

I have seen the pictures and the bills that proves the point. Yes it's shocking.....I am quite sure that Sharif knows what he needs to do to get back his good name.....he does not need me to tell him.

I just want to let other shops that serve this community know that they too are also put on notice.....because if a shop like FP can have issues like this.....I am sure I don't have to say more.

Like I said before...this can only help future customers get what they have paid for.....transparency is the way I see it now.

I will not discuss anything further about FP f-ups or what I now know.....If the discussion is what they can do to clean up ...then I am in. But the point has been made.
Originally Posted by XKR
Yes....I have had issues with time lines before and have mentioned that taking on too many cars will only **** off customers. On my car I expect whoever started it to finish it....

On another note..... I don't want members to think that I am turning my back on him.....I am not that kind of a person to turn my back on a friend when he has problems.

I am about to buy a new car made by Nissan... And have another joint venture between FP and GTM..... Pic of every stage will be posted on schedule.
The catch is.... He will sign a contract that car will be finished on a selected date or labor is free.

Some say ego is an issue... Some say greed.... I feel life experiences can change people.
Wow... Seriously Mike???

Seeing your posts this morning reminded me of a point Jeffie effectively made earlier in this thread...

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Next time my wife sucks some random guy off I'll keep in mind that she will be a better wife after I teach her how what she did was wrong and she learns from it.
So we can all feel better and reassured that Sharif will have new found honesty and commitment to do the right thing now that everyone is watching? Gimme a break. True character and integrity are defined by what a person does when the world isn't watching.

As the leader of the Recon Unit, you didn't show Scott Bush, Mark Gust, or JT the same consideration and willingness to forgive. After multiple victims came forward, you didn't express such eagerness for us to give those guys a second chance to redeem themselves and become a better shop. Once multiple victims came forward, you chased Scott Bush to the ends of the earth. Yet it's all different when Sharif is the accused?

It's truly sad and disappointing to see you so blinded by friendship and your affiliation with Forged.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:44 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
True character and integrity are defined by what a person does when the world isn't watching.
While I agree with this statement, I think you are being too hard on Mike. I think he's seen the positive side of things (as many FP customers have) and it's only human nature to hope for the best. You want to bury FP for the incidents that have come to light? So be it. That's your perogative and opinion, but give others the room to at least have their own perspective. Why do you have to railroad everyone into agreeing with you?

There is a big difference between RA and FP, and the responses posted by Scott and Sharif. As the supporter of another shop, you're not completely unbiased here so stop coming across as the high and mighty saviour of the VQ FI community. If this community loses a good shop, only other shops benefit. The community loses as they have fewer options available to them.

Last edited by rcdash; 04-20-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:46 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by Alberto
When a customers asks a shop owner multiple times to check the turbo that was ordered, shipped, delivered AND installed, AND you fail to take those concerns seriously there is no excuse. Not to mention he even had the supplier involved. For FP to just assume it was correct is beyond me.

Well, technically, I'd call it negligence. But yeah, it's sad.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:51 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

^^ you are jsut arguing semantics there..all it does it "butter it up" more or less
Old 04-20-2010, 06:53 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Hey Mike !! You joining the GT-R Club ?
Not sure what I'm going to do if I can't rely on Mike's quick shifting abilities at the airstrip!

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
^^ you are jsut arguing semantics there..all it does it "butter it up" more or less
No it has a different meaning entirely and I'm not sure it's any better.

Last edited by rcdash; 04-20-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

We are seeing the true colors of the "Forged Army" now...they will die clinging to the left nut of their leader
Old 04-20-2010, 06:58 AM
rcdash

We are seeing the true colors of the "Forged Army" now...they will die clinging to the left nut of their leader
You mean were not turncoats and cowards. I'll take that. Care to clarify any inaccuracies, please feel free, but baseless, petty comments are best left unwritten. You want to attack FP supporters for wanting their shop to do better? Your perogative - hope it makes you feel better.

Last edited by rcdash; 04-20-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:05 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Yes call me a turncoat because somebody was incompitent enough to not get things done correctly, for numerous people, on numerous builds myself included. Call me a turncoat because I refuse to be treated that way and pay $10K+ for those services. My issues are nothing to the crap being posted and not posted by others, picstures are worth 1000 words and many people have tons of em.

I dont stay on ships as they sink, I told Mike @ AAM that before he even touched my car, I essentially told Sharif that the last time we spoke.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 AM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I agree with this statement, I think you are being too hard on Mike. I think he's seen the positive side of things (as many FP customers have) and it's only human nature to hope for the best. You want to bury FP for the incidents that have come to light? So be it. That's your perogative and opinion, but give others the room to at least have their own perspective. Why do you have to railroad everyone into agreeing with you?
I don't like the double standard I see here. In his Tiger Woods analogy, Mike referred to false victims. Yet I don't recall any of us in the Recon Unit being as skeptical and dismissive when victims of those other shops came forward. We all took an active role in trying to bury those shops because we believed it was the right and just thing to do to protect consumers in our community.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:10 AM
Vas_Z33

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Yes call me a turncoat because somebody was incompitent enough to not get things done correctly, for numerous people, on numerous builds myself included. Call me a turncoat because I refuse to be treated that way and pay $10K+ for those services. My issues are nothing to the crap being posted and not posted by others, picstures are worth 1000 words and many people have tons of em.

I dont stay on ships as they sink, I told Mike @ AAM that before he even touched my car, I essentially told Sharif that the last time we spoke.
ive been following this whole thing and im not the one to beat on a shop that I HAVENT spent 10k+ on... but the mans got a point ^ ( especially the bold line )
Old 04-20-2010, 07:18 AM
rcdash

That's fine for you, but why would you attack customers that have had positive experiences? I'm not calling you a turncoat - sorry if that's the way it came across. I meant that I don't feel it's right to turn my back on him when he's done right by me and there is the potential that he can do better. I'd like to believe that people sometimes make bad decisions, but they can learn from their mistakes. Some don't (e.g. Scott) - time will tell...
Old 04-20-2010, 07:49 AM
IslandZavage

There is a big difference between RA and FP, and the responses posted by Scott and Sharif. As the supporter of another shop, you're not completely unbiased here so stop coming across as the high and mighty saviour of the VQ FI community. If this community loses a good shop, only other shops benefit. The community loses as they have fewer options available to them.
I think RUDE is just stating that its a double standard. I have to agree with him. You guys roasted the nuts off other shops, but this you guys handle with care/excuses. Be firm clear down the line with all bias put aside.

Even RA/SGP/VRT/JT had customers with good experiences and u guys killed them, so y the double standard now? Why werent they allowed to have their own perspective heard (ur own words)?

im just sayin..........
Old 04-20-2010, 07:55 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

I think it's understandable that a customer's first instinct is to stick by the shop that has done them right in the past. While I certainly believe that these incidents prove a pattern of unsupervised and rushed work, I can't exactly place Sharif in the same category as Mark Gust, Mr.A, JT, and Scott Bush just yet.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:56 AM
IslandZavage

+1.. when a customer is told repeatedly its the right one, but in the end its not, How do u get past that? theres NO EXCUSES for that one. I dont care what invoice/order number etc. was used to order.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:59 AM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
I think RUDE is just stating that its a double standard. I have to agree with him. You guys roasted the nuts off other shops, but this you guys handle with care/excuses. Be firm clear down the line with all bias put aside.

Even RA/SGP/VRT/JT had customers with good experiences and u guys killed them, so y the double standard now? Why werent they allowed to have their own perspective heard (ur own words)?

im just sayin..........
Forged has f*cked up pretty badly. No two ways about that. However, I think the internet bashing had very little, if anything, to do with PF collapse.

FWIW, I wonder why this community has had so much trouble with performance shops. Could be my imagination, but I see a trend here.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance - My Story