Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jtran Studios Presents turbo kits (fabrication thread)

Old 06-23-2010, 07:28 PM
bigcloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lookin good!!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:38 PM
FredB

Originally Posted by Jtran Studios
here is a few pics of the manifold with a slight polish before wrapping it. also a few pics of the actual manifold wrapped up and also installed on the car with the twin mvr's mounted up. finishing up the wg dump tubes and dp and ic piping today. will be starting on the oiling side and intake side today also. this is just a prototype, not for resale. we are utilizing this as a stepping tool to make the next one more towards production. material will be the same but more simplified to utilize the stock headers. will be using a smaller compressor housing also for more room. also will be adding in flex pipes and also two more vbands in the mix to help with diy'ers. trying to make it as simple as possible to install and deinstall. will have it ready for production on the next person that wants to send there car down for the finalized production piece at a heavy discount

Nice work,

This kit is going to be very expensive to duplicate, and just as advice there are alot of things that I would recommend changing around if you do plan on making a production run of anything. Because as is I personally couldnt see you selling this kit for less then 8K and make any decent amount of money. Unless you are just selling tuner kits.

Make sure you take your time making good fixtures and i'd recommend you make your prototype kit with recirculated dumptube(s) The way its being made now it looks more like a custom one off.

If you're bracing everything there really isnt a reason to use schedule tubing, in the size you guys are using the bends are insanely expensive. Alot of unnecessary time in fabrication, not to mention both of those tubes you have feeding into the turbo could be bent in one shot and you'd just cut two ends and weld (less welds less fracture points)

Last edited by FredB; 06-24-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:08 PM
athensgls
Banned

^ you have 22 post and you **** in their thread.... BRAVO
Old 06-24-2010, 06:45 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Criticism and not praise on the business level.... We are all about making our kits looking one off on every stand point. Reason for utilizing schedule 10 pipe and bends with back purging insures 100 percent penetration and also is a lot dnser material Then 16 gauge stainless pre bent. I will guarantee you our setup will last a lot longer then prebent 16 gauge stainless. Quality is more important then quantity. Our business is not run like corporate *****. We care for quality and customer satisfaction.

Johnny Tran
Old 06-24-2010, 07:57 PM
03LeMans350zed

Criticism and not praise on the business level.... We are all about making our kits looking one off on every stand point. Reason for utilizing schedule 10 pipe and bends with back purging insures 100 percent penetration and also is a lot dnser material Then 16 gauge stainless pre bent. I will guarantee you our setup will last a lot longer then prebent 16 gauge stainless. Quality is more important then quantity. Our business is not run like corporate *****. We care for quality and customer satisfaction.

Johnny Tran

Great response and great work keep it up. We need more sponsors like this
Old 06-24-2010, 08:25 PM
krnzzang84

damn that manifold looks SICK!!!!
hmm I like this setup too!!!
Looking forward for final product!!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 02:47 AM
t6378tp1

The work looks great, I just wonder why make the piping longer than it needs to be.

I also noticed the tranny jack and that you had to lower it alittle. Will this be a requirement to install the kit cause that would not be very diy friendly if so.

Last edited by t6378tp1; 06-25-2010 at 02:50 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:19 AM
bldg250z

^^^^^^^^^^^

went with this design due to the amount of room we didnt have on the passenger side due to turbo placement. we are sure the exhaust pulses will be a little delayed on the passenger side bank but will tune for it due to running the haltech and having individual trim on ign and fueling side.

str8dum1......yes to bolting the black brace back up. enough clearence for an intake box around the filter. we are gonna be running ducting from the front of the car to the filter itself. thanks for the kind words!

Mr. XKR......collin is a bad ***. he is really good at what he does. we are happy to have him here working with us.

collin is actually welding up the manifold as we speak. back purging all welds. jig has been made already. one whole runner is done as of now. test fitting it then gonna weld the other runner up, then marking for the wg placements and then finishing up on ic piping. we are wrapping the whole manifold when we are done. stay tuned for numbers and pictures!
regarding the tranny.... no it wont be lowered..... and dropping the tranny is easy not that big of an issue especially since in this case your just lowering it not unmounting .....if your doing a DIY and you think the tranny is a major issue i recommend you take it to a professional shop.

Last edited by bldg250z; 06-25-2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:16 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

the production setup of this kit will be totally different. this is a one off kit for us to get our feet wet first. next kit will have a more compact compressor housing then this one. of course the size of the turbo will be the same but will be utilizing more compact parts. production kit will be easy to install. will take about 13-14 hours to install the right way. thats taking your time will every aspect of the install. this kit will NOT be complicated in any way. took into consideration the army/navy/marine KISS term. Keep It Simple Stupid!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:18 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by bldg250z
^^^^^^^^^^^

regarding the tranny.... no it wont be lowered..... and dropping the tranny is easy not that big of an issue especially since in this case your just lowering it not unmounting .....if your doing a DIY and you think the tranny is a major issue i recommend you take it to a professional shop.
thanks buddy for answering the question. finished the dp and exhaust, ill post pics in about 15 minutes. pie cut muthaF'n central man!
Old 06-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Old 06-25-2010, 03:26 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

What size pipe is this in the photo.

Old 06-25-2010, 03:32 PM
athensgls
Banned

prob 3 " my friend
Old 06-25-2010, 03:37 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by athensgls
prob 3 " my friend
that's what I was thinking to.
Old 06-25-2010, 03:48 PM
ashtrojan2008

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice johnny. can't wait to see the finished product!
I'm liking the whole kit, but especially the intercooler

ross
Old 06-25-2010, 06:21 PM
t6378tp1

^^^^^^^^^^^

you sir have no clue if you really think this kit can not be made easier to install. Having to drop a tranny just to install a feedpipe is not hard but not nessary either.

Plus tuning for a extra long pipe does not make it right, it just working around a flaw, why not just change the design and make the pipe shorter which can be done very easy.

Again the craftmanship is great but I just don't understand the reason for the extra long pipe, I mean is it just to be different, for looks or what ?

Last edited by t6378tp1; 06-25-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:43 PM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

what's with all the pie cuts? is that just for looks? would be alot less labor intensive and smoother with a nice mandrel bend instead.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:49 PM
bldg250z

Originally Posted by t6378tp1
you sir have no clue if you really think this kit can not be made easier to install. Having to drop a tranny just to install a feedpipe is not hard but not nessary either.

Plus tuning for a extra long pipe does not make it right, it just working around a flaw, why not just change the design and make the pipe shorter which can be done very easy.

Again the craftmanship is great but I just don't understand the reason for the extra long pipe, I mean is it just to be different, for looks or what ?
No one is saying it cant be made easier for dyi.... please read the posts from jtran to inform yourself on this, i made a direct response to what you said to clarify.... jtran has stated that this kit is specifically for my build and im ok with that, if it gets reproduce changes will be made .... please try to keep this thread positive...... thanks

Last edited by bldg250z; 06-25-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:56 PM
t6378tp1

No one is saying it cant be made easier for dyi.... please read the posts from jtran to inform yourself on this, i made a direct response to what you said to clarify.... jtran has stated that this kit is specifically for my build and im ok with that, if it gets reproduce changes will be made .... please try to keep this thread positive...... thanks
ok since this is your kit maybe you can answer this question, again not trying to bash

Why loop it around the tranny is this something you just wanted so it would be different cause it's not required to place the turbo in the desired location

again now bashing just trying to understand why
Old 06-25-2010, 11:18 PM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

As stated in this thread the kit is produced as one off.this is not the production kit at all. Its funny to me that Its a t4 divided Setup where each primary is pushing eachside of the turbo that merges into one and all people can talk about is one pipe is longer then the other but yet u can have another single kit that merges two 1.5 inch pipes into a two and half inch pipe that feeds a smaller t3 flange. As far as the pie cut goes......we do it cause it takes more time and heart and soul to make a piece piece like that then a piece of pipe that I'd mandarel bent. Customer wanted something custom. Will be done with the kit next week. Waiting on a flange and feed line. Looking for min. 500whp on wg boost on our mustang Dyno.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Jtran Studios Presents turbo kits (fabrication thread)