Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jtran Studios Presents turbo kits (fabrication thread)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 02:43 PM
bldg250z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car is still at the shop and it's getting the meth tune Wednesday. Johnny will post the numbers.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:42 AM
bldg250z

Alright here are some recent pics on the kit Johnny is finishing off some of the details and will be posting numbers later this week!

now for some more pics

Old 07-06-2010, 08:44 AM
bldg250z

heres a couple of vids

Old 07-06-2010, 09:59 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

any pics of the airfilter routing?
Old 07-06-2010, 10:45 AM
bldg250z

thats one of the details hes working on
Old 07-06-2010, 10:50 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

setup looks awsome. I like how the piping is bolted to that side of the engine. Gives me a good idea on how to anchor mine since it's vibrating.

question, did you reclock that turbo drain since it's pointing sideways instead of downwards like it's supposed to? garrett says no more than 15* off of complete vertical for proper draining function. Even with a pump this looks like oil would pool in the housing when the car is off (and pump off) therefore leaking oil through the seals. IDK, i'm not an engineer, i'm just going off of what garrett posts on proper installation (since i used that info for doing mine).
Old 07-06-2010, 11:23 AM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by binder
setup looks awsome. I like how the piping is bolted to that side of the engine. Gives me a good idea on how to anchor mine since it's vibrating.

question, did you reclock that turbo drain since it's pointing sideways instead of downwards like it's supposed to? garrett says no more than 15* off of complete vertical for proper draining function. Even with a pump this looks like oil would pool in the housing when the car is off (and pump off) therefore leaking oil through the seals. IDK, i'm not an engineer, i'm just going off of what garrett posts on proper installation (since i used that info for doing mine).
Correct, even though there is a return pump, it still relies on gravity to drain out of the housing correctly. It looks to me as if there is simply not enough clearance to have it drain straight down, or even at the recommended angles. Wonder if that's the reason for the smoke in the video?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 PM
bldg250z

Originally Posted by binder

yes jtran did say he would be correcting the angle of the drain.

Originally Posted by Chris@FsP
Correct, even though there is a return pump, it still relies on gravity to drain out of the housing correctly. It looks to me as if there is simply not enough clearance to have it drain straight down, or even at the recommended angles. Wonder if that's the reason for the smoke in the video?
and also correct on the smoking there was a bit of puddling and was gonna be corrected ..... again some of these are issues he was addressing this week along with a cover to protect parts of the turbo from debris!

hopefully we'll see updates later this week....
Old 07-06-2010, 02:19 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man talk about using a lot of rtv................................................i keed.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:46 PM
lazyduster

is it tap into the block?
Old 07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
FredB

I like how coolant sprayed damn near every pipe in the kit. What happened there? And the intercoolers off to the left about 2 inches, i assume its for functionality. Having the turbo drain so drastic is going to cause smoking. you should put some bolts in the turbo as well, (it helps seal exhaust gas in).

Last edited by FredB; 07-06-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
FredB

Originally Posted by lazyduster
yes
Old 07-06-2010, 04:40 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you should also have them figure how to add a muffler. You can tel just by the idle its going to resonant pretty badly. straight pipes are cool to begin with but will get old fast. my old straight pipe is sitting by my front door.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:47 PM
bldg250z

Originally Posted by FredB
I like how coolant sprayed damn near every pipe in the kit. What happened there? And the intercoolers off to the left about 2 inches, i assume its for functionality. Having the turbo drain so drastic is going to cause smoking. you should put some bolts in the turbo as well, (it helps seal exhaust gas in).
Wow really that's your input then I have no comment!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 08:06 PM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lazyduster
that's the upper oil pan, not the block.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:18 PM
gotagetmyZ

Originally Posted by str8dum1
you should also have them figure how to add a muffler. You can tel just by the idle its going to resonant pretty badly. straight pipes are cool to begin with but will get old fast. my old straight pipe is sitting by my front door.

+1
Old 07-07-2010, 06:44 AM
Jtran Studios
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FredB
wow and you arent too bright. as far as bolts in the turbo, we took that one off to finalize fitment of the actual bracing for the turbo. those are water spots on the pipe from hurricane alex idiot. why are you such a smart ***? we are adjusting the turbo drain and making sure everything is broken down and cleaned up before giving the car back to the customer.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:19 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

The motordyne 3" shockwave v2 eliminates the drone and is still straight through. A different fitting and I think you could rotate the turbo a little more down - great job working in that tiny space though - props. Congrats bldg250z!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:18 AM
bldg250z

Originally Posted by rcdash
The motordyne 3" shockwave v2 eliminates the drone and is still straight through. A different fitting and I think you could rotate the turbo a little more down - great job working in that tiny space though - props. Congrats bldg250z!
thanks i will look into that!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Elperuano

Originally Posted by Jtran Studios
wow and you arent too bright. as far as bolts in the turbo, we took that one off to finalize fitment of the actual bracing for the turbo. those are water spots on the pipe from hurricane alex idiot. why are you such a smart ***? we are adjusting the turbo drain and making sure everything is broken down and cleaned up before giving the car back to the customer.

Quick Reply: Jtran Studios Presents turbo kits (fabrication thread)