Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Old FI crew...

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 03:06 PM
redman333

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RudeG_v2.0
A lot of drama, hype, and fluff over simple TT kit installs, cookie cutter "builds" that lacked custom fabrication or any real innovation, and weaksauce tunes with power levels that weren't anything to brag about compared to other platforms. Julian, Sharif, and JT were NOOB tuners with no prior experience who were learning on the fly on customers' cars as they went ...all the while pretending to be more knowledgeable and experienced than they really were. Just a lot of posturing and pretending between rival NOOB VQ bubble shops and their nuthuggers.

While entertaining at times, it got stale and tiresome.
Wait are you talking about Shariff at forged, I thought he was a good tuner.
Old 04-29-2011, 06:17 PM
chris'smax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kwame@z1Auto
Romey has become the king of twitter (or was). Doug has been more focused on bikes (he posts in the motorcycle section of this board), his family and making money.

Chris I'm surprised you even posted in this thread.
HA what's that supposed to mean? BTW how is that never ending project of yours going?
Old 04-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Z PHAT Z

I was here since the opening of this forum. I rarely post cuze I'm not car savvy enough. But I have read all those stories, drama, and pretty much know who is who on this FI forum. Kinda bored now-aday that not much going on.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:30 AM
AlwaysNBoost

Originally Posted by rudeg_v2.0
A lot of drama, hype, and fluff over simple tt kit installs, cookie cutter "builds" that lacked custom fabrication or any real innovation, and weaksauce tunes with power levels that weren't anything to brag about compared to other platforms. Julian, sharif, and jt were noob tuners with no prior experience who were learning on the fly on customers' cars as they went ...all the while pretending to be more knowledgeable and experienced than they really were. Just a lot of posturing and pretending between rival noob vq bubble shops and their nuthuggers.

While entertaining at times, it got stale and tiresome.
bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Even just 2-3 years ago it was very entertaining on here back when I got started. Got me through many long days in Iraq.

I guess drama is entertainment
Old 05-01-2011, 06:46 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Im pretty sure I can count on my hand how many interesting threads there actually were in this forum. Coming from other platforms ive been on in the past theres no innovation, self building, diy of any kind here. Other forums its cool to know how to turn a wrench. here its cool to drop 50 grand. Drama on the internet is entertaining sometimes, but tech is what can keep me reading for hours. Cookie cutter is the most appropriate term ive seen on this forum.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

coachk surfaced a while back, but I think mods silenced him again... I used to chat with (chris) max, but it's been a while.....

either way, I thought i would be considered part of the "old fi crew", no?

edit:
and the FI forum is pretty weak lately. I keep coming in here hoping to see some E85 builds/tunes, but nothing... and I am not motivated enough, nor do I have the time to redo things on my setup to be one of the first to do it

Last edited by Zivman; 05-01-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:16 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

2003 join date? for sure. Anyway, if you recognize the names in the the first post, you already know you're OG status.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:20 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Im pretty sure I can count on my hand how many interesting threads there actually were in this forum. Coming from other platforms ive been on in the past theres no innovation, self building, diy of any kind here. Other forums its cool to know how to turn a wrench. here its cool to drop 50 grand. Drama on the internet is entertaining sometimes, but tech is what can keep me reading for hours. Cookie cutter is the most appropriate term ive seen on this forum.
So sayeth the guy with exhaust, test pipes and springs.

(not knocking your mods at all. Honestly wish I'd kept it simple, but it just goes to show that you're right...)
Old 05-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Zivman

Originally Posted by JAM3Z
2003 join date? for sure. Anyway, if you recognize the names in the the first post, you already know you're OG status.
boosted since 05..... I definitely recognize the names.... seen a lot of people/shops come and go.... seen lots of changes, lots of fraudulent builds, and lots of drama and BS.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:53 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Originally Posted by Zivman
boosted since 05..... I definitely recognize the names.... seen a lot of people/shops come and go.... seen lots of changes, lots of fraudulent builds, and lots of drama and BS.
Really more drama than substance, but in a way, it kept the place entertaining. And at the peak, we were never short of characters.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:32 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Your an OG if you remember names like Skidazzle, or when people used to put how many coats of Zaino they had on their cars in their signatures!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 08:39 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your an OG if you remember names like Skidazzle, or when people used to put how many coats of Zaino they had on their cars in their signatures!!!
LOL... I had forgotten about Skidazzle and the Zaino days. So different back then, things have definitely changed for the worst.

-George
Old 05-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by XBS
LOL... I had forgotten about Skidazzle and the Zaino days. So different back then, things have definitely changed for the worst.

-George
Skidazzle was probably the initial reason that the FI forum was created. I remember he had a custom twin turbo kit before any manufacturers had any kits in production. He and t32gzz had some of sickest North American Zs back then and the were both FI.

Anyone who used to go over to motoring remember Goingdeep's (a.k.a. Ernie) badass roadster? I'm ranting but even later on in the game remember when Jason was at Performance Nissan and he used to find the scoop on some of the rarest NISMO parts... Ahhh the memories...
Old 05-01-2011, 10:11 PM
bbs350z

been around fi section since 06, seen alot of people come n go, and even more dumb questions (whats better, st or tt, etc.) however i feel the off topic section gets all the attention nw because the fi section is slacking. but i got a plan and some spice for that section lol
Old 05-02-2011, 04:35 AM
Zivman

Skidazzle was probably the initial reason that the FI forum was created. I remember he had a custom twin turbo kit before any manufacturers had any kits in production. He and t32gzz had some of sickest North American Zs back then and the were both FI.

Anyone who used to go over to motoring remember Goingdeep's (a.k.a. Ernie) badass roadster? I'm ranting but even later on in the game remember when Jason was at Performance Nissan and he used to find the scoop on some of the rarest NISMO parts... Ahhh the memories...
ohhhh, this is my350z, you can't even hint at 'motoring while on this site

definitely remember the days and ernie's car
Old 05-02-2011, 07:13 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
This site and some of the extreme nuthuggers has caused me to become quite sour about the homos who mod their cars here.
qft....amazing how some people just "eat" and quickly believe moronic statements, and how some things quickly become gospel because its what the grouppies like....
I still LOL at all those 30+k $ builds with parts advertised for 1000hp, insanely modded, stroker engines... and 500-600 whp of power only
Old 05-02-2011, 07:30 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

The forum is what we make it. Either contribute to it or hate on it. If the forum is dead it's because of haters that don't contribute anything but their disparaging remarks.

Bah! Maybe I'm in a bad mood hearing about Chris's motor. There have been plenty of innovative ideas in threads over the past couple years if you stop to think about it.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:40 AM
thom000001

kinda became pointless to do any more with my old car. Was just about at limit of what a stock unsleeved block could take for a driver. I put miles on my car unlike 95% of other folks. And Chicago/IL have become relentless with speeders. Focusing on snatching up some property, I'll do another build one of these days, but I'm thinking more along the lines of building something at home (i.e. super performance or factory 5 cobra replica, or a ultima GTR of some sort or something along those lines)....

Tom
Old 05-02-2011, 08:47 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zivman
coachk surfaced a while back, but I think mods silenced him again... I used to chat with (chris) max, but it's been a while.....

either way, I thought i would be considered part of the "old fi crew", no?

edit:
and the FI forum is pretty weak lately. I keep coming in here hoping to see some E85 builds/tunes, but nothing... and I am not motivated enough, nor do I have the time to redo things on my setup to be one of the first to do it
Its this the EXACT problem that everyone is b1tch1ng about? No you specifically, but just that general mentality

There are a bunch of cars running on E85. Alot of the blame can fully be placed on the industry. The aftermarket support for the VQ has come to a standstill. Its super expensive to even get into the real FI game (not talking stock block setups). Then for companies to try to constantly release revisions of stuff (name EMS updates) for an already TINY market doesnt make financial sense.

Shops have found that they dont need to be on the forums anymore to keep their bays and lifts full of business. So why even bother with the drama if it has no bearing (or most likely negative) on their bottom line?

Then people just complain that nothing changes, but they themselves, wont make any changes either.

self fullfilling prophecy.

Last edited by str8dum1; 05-02-2011 at 12:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Old FI crew...