Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Momentum kit owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:07 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by kparlett
lol want me to edit it for your liking? haha im not one to talk very often, i usually let performance on track speak for me but I cant help but be personally offended by some of the things on here because i met these guys about 8 months ago when i toured the facility and test drove the cars and have been with them at a few events and I honestly dont have a single bad word to say about them, I have been in this industry literally my entire life and i can assure any naysayers that Momentum is one of the best if not the best turbo kit company out there for our cars. If anyone has had problems it is on the person who installed it or some other problem and has nothing to do with Momentum.
Well for the record I never said anything bad about the kit itself. I acknowledge it's a fine kit. But the supplied tune isn't a one-size fits all. Regardless if it's spot on or way off, anyone who doesn't put it on a dyno and making some adjustments before hitting the track needs to check their head.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:24 PM
kparlett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed ^ lol
Old 09-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

+1 gazillion
Old 09-28-2011, 06:39 AM
GoJira33
Banned

its plus +1 GODZILLION
Old 09-28-2011, 07:12 AM
rh_334

Originally Posted by Taylor@Momentum
Also, do you own one of our Turbo Kits? If not, what are you basing your claims off of about our supplied tune. Which was in 3 cars at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend (9/25) running hot laps all day. I dont see how our tune supplied isnt trust worthy...?
The Z1 Motorsports G has a custom dyno tune, as i assume the other cars would, the only thing in common with your base tune is that it is using the same Uprev Software. So I don't understand why your trying to justify the quality of your base tune usings those cars as examples.

And 433hp(dyno unknown) on RDZ's 350z.
That was on the Z1 Dynojet at Z Nationals, i didn't realize that car was on your base tune. I guess that explains why it went o 14+AFR from 5k rpm up, the owner was even advised not to do the second pull but he said go ahead

Last edited by rh_334; 09-28-2011 at 07:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Lightning Guy

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks bigcloud. You are speaking about TWO people that no longer work for us, there are no hard feelings between Momentum and those particular people. In fact we were all around each other out at Z Nationals this passed weekend at the race track having a great time.
Yup, it was good hanging with the MP crowd again.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:56 PM
kparlett

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE6eLYqI2Xs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVmDNMomxD8
Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 AM
=Cerberus=

I am going to be putting this kit on over the winter season, but I would like to do some prep work now.

Where is a good spot for an oil cooler, that will not be in the way once the inter cooler and ducting all go in?
Old 09-30-2011, 10:00 AM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by =Cerberus=
I am going to be putting this kit on over the winter season, but I would like to do some prep work now.

Where is a good spot for an oil cooler, that will not be in the way once the inter cooler and ducting all go in?
Hey Matt,

As the former director of sales there, I would highly recommend waiting until after the turbo kit is installed before adding an oil cooler. Also don't get frustrated when an "oil cooler kit" doesn't quite fit.

I recommend being an oil cooler, sandwich adapter and lines separately and make a solution yourself. I do recommend behind the crash bar and make a duct to feed it. The intercooler does not leave a lot of space to get fresh air on a stock Z bumper.

Last edited by Lightning Guy; 09-30-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:25 AM
=Cerberus=

Yeah I am not buying a kit, I am going to be assembling it from scratch. I have an oil change coming up, and seemed like a good time.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:30 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

you'll be doing an oil change a couple hundred miles after you install the turbo kit, so really, wait til then.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Lightning Guy

Originally Posted by =Cerberus=
Yeah I am not buying a kit, I am going to be assembling it from scratch. I have an oil change coming up, and seemed like a good time.
yeah, never a bad time, but since all of the I/C parts are hard and not flexible, I highly recommend waiting. The O/C lines flex a lot more than I/C lines, plus what Rich said, I would wait until after the prelim oil change so you don't contaminate the O/C if there would be a stray particulant.

Last edited by Lightning Guy; 10-03-2011 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 PM
chovden

Do you guys have dyno sheets from your cars? I am dynoing my car over the weekend so would be nice to see some other stock engine cars exept for the g35 forged has put out.
So far I have only my street tune on my car but once I got a little more boost then stock it goes realy good
Old 10-21-2011, 10:33 AM
VQpwr03z

i bought my turbo kit about a month ago from S&R Performance, so far the gains and realibility of the kit are amazing. Im building the engine and installing the kit all at once. I wanted to thank Marti @ S&R Performance for the great deal on the kit, Taylor for all his help answering my questions and also for the awesome deal on the 3" Single exhaust, and last but not least Decker @ Forged Performance for his great customer service and deals on parts.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:35 PM
chovden

A while ago I installed a momentum tuner kit on my car along with some DW1000cc injectors, aeromotive 340 pump, from earlier I had a haltech and cosworth plenum on my car and a shitty ebay 3" exhaust.
Today I finaly got to tune it, I have done a basic road tune and it has been driven approx 2000miles now.
I started on base pressure and thats about 8,5-9Psi on my logs on the street, when I got it up over 10 Psi my clutch would slip when max boost was reached so turned it back down.
My car has about 55K miles on it from earlier, the leak down was good and is showed just over 210Psi on the comp tester on al 6 before I instlled the kit.
Today I finaly got some dyno time, I got the car installed and got to tuning, on the first pull of base pressure my stock clutch started to slipp so this was not a good start..
I had to feather in the throttle and this gave a shitty torque and power curve so no point posting the graphs, but the results where 401HP and 439ft\lbs at 8,5Psi the max torqe was actualy at a boost spike of just over 9Psi due to the boost overshooting when I put full throttle so should be a bit lower.
Max power was at 5800Rpm.
Max torque at 4400Rpm but this will change once the clutch is uppgraded.
So al in al it delivers what it prommisis on my car, I knew the clutch would be the limiting factor but I did not expect it to slip as it holds base bressure on the street..
So now its almost time to park it for the winter, uppgrade the exhaust and clutch and se what it does then, and what e85 will gain me later on.
But al in al not bad for a relativly high mile Z with clutch issues.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:34 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

bummer, i hope you didn't waste too much on they dyno runs since the clutch was slipping. I prob would have waited but what can ya do?

This is on a build engine i expect. E85 might be pushing it with the aeromotive 340. Calculated fuel use for maxed 1000cc injectors would be about 360LPH so you'll need just over that to max the 1000's. Should be ok if you are keeping power around 500 though. Definitely post up how it goes so we can see how far e85 will go on the new larger single pumps.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:59 PM
chovden

Its a stock engine..
I am only using 43% of the injectors at 9Psi and just under 55% on 11Psi from memory so adding E85 I am still under the flow capasity of the Aeromotive pump as I wont get close to the limit of the injectors, I would guess I get to max 75%
The dyno I use belongs to a friend so do not cost me to much, I use it when he`s not tuning any cars.
I am pushing what the block can take but if I find the limit I can always build the engine.
But as the winter is comming soon the car is soon parked in the garage waithing for better weather in the spring and probbably wont see E85 before then as now we are getting winter blend thats e75 and I see no piont tuning for this as I only use the car in the summer
Old 10-25-2011, 06:56 AM
binder

Originally Posted by chovden
Its a stock engine..
I am only using 43% of the injectors at 9Psi and just under 55% on 11Psi from memory so adding E85 I am still under the flow capasity of the Aeromotive pump as I wont get close to the limit of the injectors, I would guess I get to max 75%
The dyno I use belongs to a friend so do not cost me to much, I use it when he`s not tuning any cars.
I am pushing what the block can take but if I find the limit I can always build the engine.
But as the winter is comming soon the car is soon parked in the garage waithing for better weather in the spring and probbably wont see E85 before then as now we are getting winter blend thats e75 and I see no piont tuning for this as I only use the car in the summer

ah, ya, on stock block you will be limited by the engine before the power those injectors can hold on e85.

I just started on my e85 tune. I'll be finishing it on the dyno this weekend or in the next few weekends. e70 or not, i still need a base tune so i don't have to spend so much time setting it up in the summer. It will only be minor changes in a/f going to the e85 from e70 and i probably won't change any timing so e85 will be safer since it is slightly higher in octane than e70.

On a factual note, i calculated the differences between stoich on e85 verses e70 and switching between the 2 fuels with the same IPW would only cause a .85 change in a/f so it will take all of a few WOT pulls to readjust my a/f in the spring.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:58 AM
binder

Originally Posted by VQpwr03z
i bought my turbo kit about a month ago from S&R Performance, so far the gains and realibility of the kit are amazing. Im building the engine and installing the kit all at once.
i just caught this real quick. How can you comment on the gains and reliability if you are still building the engine? Are you talking about "gains and reliability" that the manufacturer posts or going from what other people say?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:52 AM
VQpwr03z

Originally Posted by binder
i just caught this real quick. How can you comment on the gains and reliability if you are still building the engine? Are you talking about "gains and reliability" that the manufacturer posts or going from what other people say?
I never said my car had gains with the kit, yes im talking about gains and reliability that the manufacturer posts and shops like Z1 motorsports, Forged Performance, S&R Performance have said about this kit.

Quick Reply: Momentum kit owners