Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Momentum kit owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:52 AM
06turbo350guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not trust momentum or what Taylor says since he use to work for Nsi. They are th same company under the name accelerated brand. Just google it. They are trying to get as far away from the import with there next project. Which is a o8 mustang turbo kit then they are going euro. And don't trust there tune. I heard the same thing that they have been trying to tune a rev up g35 for like 6-8 months an momentum and national speed can not tune it!
Old 09-27-2011, 07:58 AM
bigcloud

Originally Posted by 06turbo350guy
I would not trust momentum or what Taylor says since he use to work for Nsi. They are th same company under the name accelerated brand. Just google it. They are trying to get as far away from the import with there next project. Which is a o8 mustang turbo kit then they are going euro. And don't trust there tune. I heard the same thing that they have been trying to tune a rev up g35 for like 6-8 months an momentum and national speed can not tune it!

So you expect us to believe a TROLL that came in with no evidence to believe you with only ONE post? You're logic doesn't make sense. Explain yourself because you're going to be flammed or probably banned.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:07 AM
06turbo350guy

It will be with being banned to just sleek the truth. To much bs on here about how good momentum is. They had a great staff and leader, but all them are gone now.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:32 AM
Taylor@Momentum
Vendor - Former Vendor

Thanks bigcloud. You are speaking about TWO people that no longer work for us, there are no hard feelings between Momentum and those particular people. In fact we were all around each other out at Z Nationals this passed weekend at the race track having a great time.

Also, do you own one of our Turbo Kits? If not, what are you basing your claims off of about our supplied tune. Which was in 3 cars at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend (9/25) running hot laps all day. I dont see how our tune supplied isnt trust worthy...?

The car you speak of had a ECU flashing problem.. not the tune file. That is not our fault, and I have helped them with all of my resources, even though its not related to our product. We want each and every customer to feel as we have provided the support they need, and we do!

Instead of claiming to know about us, and who I am, why don't you send me a PM and we can straighten your story out. I also extend an invitation to come to Momentum Performance to check our our facilities(since your a short drive away), talk to the people that work here to prove that Momentum isn't "bs".

Last edited by Taylor@Momentum; 09-27-2011 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:39 AM
05G35girl

Originally Posted by bigcloud
So you expect us to believe a TROLL that came in with no evidence to believe you with only ONE post? You're logic doesn't make sense. Explain yourself because you're going to be flammed or probably banned.
I can confirm the car he's referring to, it is my car. I do feel like the Momentum turbo is a nice kit and whether or not the issues with my car are related, I can't say 100% either way.

As to Taylor's comment about my car having an ECU issue. This was not the original issue and the ECU issue was caused by a bad flash while tuning the car. The ECU has already been replaced but the issues have not been corrected.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:50 AM
05G35girl

Originally Posted by 05G35girl
I can confirm the car he's referring to, it is my car. I do feel like the Momentum turbo is a nice kit and whether or not the issues with my car are related, I can't say 100% either way.

As to Taylor's comment about my car having an ECU issue. This was not the original issue and the ECU issue was caused by a bad flash while tuning the car. The ECU has already been replaced but the issues have not been corrected.
I also want to add that I do not know the person who originally posted this. I'm not saying I agree or disagree with his comments. I simply wanted to confirm that there was a car that National Speed installed the Momentum turbo that has been there for a significantly long time and still has issues. My car had no issues prior to the turbo being installed and ran perfectly. Since National Speed installed the turbo it has not run correctly and National Speed still has the car.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I know there is a g35 there that isn't running correctly and I also know that the base tune provided to customers while I worked there several months ago was good enough to get to a dyno WITHOUT going into boost for a proper tune. At that time, I would advise anyone to not go into boost until they had a proper tune done by a capable tuner.

Originally Posted by Taylor@Momentum
Thanks bigcloud. You are speaking about TWO people that no longer work for us, there are no hard feelings between Momentum and those particular people. In fact we were all around each other out at Z Nationals this passed weekend at the race track having a great time.

Also, do you own one of our Turbo Kits? If not, what are you basing your claims off of about our supplied tune. Which was in 3 cars at Atlanta Motor Speedway this weekend (9/25) running hot laps all day. I dont see how our tune supplied isnt trust worthy...?

The car you speak of had a ECU problem.. not the tune file. That is not our fault, and I have helped them with all of my resources, even though its not related to our product. We want each and every customer to feel as we have provided the support they need, and we do!

Instead of claiming to know about us, and who I am, why don't you send me a PM and we can straighten your story out. I also extend an invitation to come to Momentum Performance to check our our facilities(since your a short drive away), talk to the people that work here to prove that Momentum isn't "bs".

Taylor, it was nice seeing you over the weekend.

I'm not sure who 06turbo350guy is though.

Originally Posted by 05G35girl

I really do hope this gets resolved asap. It's been wayyy too long for you to get your car back. The time frame has far exceeded any acceptable frame which I would have put up with and your patience with them has been extremely generous. I hope they recognize that quality of you and do something to make up for all this downtime.

Last edited by Russ@Z1; 09-27-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Taylor@Momentum
Vendor - Former Vendor

Why wouldn't you trust what I have to say, I am not here to deceive people about the products we offer. And whats your point about being owned by a parent company? Some examples that you may know of.. Garrett Turbo is owned by Honeywell. Garrett is the most respected turbo manufacturer there is. Greddy, is owned by Trust of Japan. This very forum is owned by Internet Brands. There are tons other in this industry owned by a parent company. Just so happen, Momentum Performance is owned by Accelerated Brands, that also owns NSI. We are two separate companies. You may think you have uncovered some secret, but that is not the case.

We are not only a 350Z specific manufacturer, that is why we have multiple product suites in the making, and yes the mustang is in R&D now. We chose the mustang for reasons other than just because its a domestic. Again, I dont see why you think that is a secret.

As for me, Yes I used to work for NSI. The third time, no secret.

In the mean time, everyone enjoy this short video taken by a spectator at the last event.(uploaded by yours truly)

4 Momentum Performance Turbo kit Fly bys, Z1'MotorSports G35, KPR's/SOHO Motorsports Race G35, Our Race Car and Mule..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5lP9KOCsUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnmC-KpFAqU

These are just teasers off a cell phone.. wait for what our film crew will produce for us.. stay tuned!

Last edited by Taylor@Momentum; 09-27-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:41 AM
got.pho?

bump for that last vid, I was about to post that too
for soho and momentum
Old 09-27-2011, 10:10 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by russ713
I know there is a g35 there that isn't running correctly and I also know that the base tune provided to customers while I worked there several months ago was good enough to get to a dyno WITHOUT going into boost for a proper tune. At that time, I would advise anyone to not go into boost until they had a proper tune done by a capable tuner.[/i]
It's not my intention to fling mud or anything, but I will speak of what I've seen with a couple local G guys in the past couple months -- the base tune was so far off it was necessary to switch to a GTM base map in order to avoid starting completely from scratch. Just sayin...

Aside from that the kit is very good quality and makes very nice power. Best of luck to the OP!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Taylor@Momentum
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by djamps
the base tune was so far off it was necessary to switch to a GTM base map in order to avoid starting completely from scratch. Just sayin..
I have yet to hear from one of them, we want to know about stuff like this. We have never had a tune be so far off they couldn't drive it, most of the time they are rich at peak tq and continue to be moderately rich in the power band..That is because Pmas MAF Sensors are not all exactly the same and cause the cars fuel trims to be slightly diff, but never in a dangerous way. Never had one "be so far off" they had to start from scratch. Weird how it only happens around you, maybe its the installer not doing something right.

EDIT- I think your talking about the car that had the Cobb installed previously to uprev. We have seen Cobb scramble parts of the ecu that UpRev cant unscramble causing the car to run poorly. The ecu had to be sent to Uprev to fix the error the Cobb caused.

Last edited by Taylor@Momentum; 09-27-2011 at 11:31 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:35 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nope the one I'm thinking about wasn't tuned or modded at all before the turbo install. And there are no install issues, the car runs amazingly with a proper tune. Maybe your base map works OK on certain cars, but not this one. We're talking <300whp to 430+whp pre to post tune. You might wanna talk to more tuners who have dyno tuned your kit (not just installers) and see what the overall experience is before jumping to conclusions.

But don't get me wrong this is a high quality kit. I still recommend it to friends, and as with any kit get it on a dyno and properly tuned regardless of what the included reflash claims to be or not be.

Last edited by djamps; 09-27-2011 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:56 AM
Taylor@Momentum
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by djamps
We're talking <300whp to 430+whp pre to post tune. You might wanna talk to more tuners who have dyno tuned your kit (not just installers) and see what the overall experience is before jumping to conclusions.
Thats very odd. Should have given me a call to help figure it out.

Our latest base map dynos made 387(dj) on a g35 sedan with 193,000 miles, And 433hp(dyno unknown) on RDZ's 350z.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:25 PM
kparlett

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this conversation because I just read through it and cant help but be disgusted by the things some people are saying without any knowledge of the actual product. If anyone could possible vouch for the Momentum Performance products and staff I can assure you that there is no one putting out a better kit and there is no one in the industry better than these guys. I have spent a few track days with them, seen the facility and quite frankly I have probably pushed there kit harder on a G35 than anyone on this earth and I can assure you there is nothing be 100% quality, i am astonished every time i take the car out or tune it how well it performs and the guys behind the performance are absolutely great people. There is nohting better than this on the market today and I would be amazed if anyone could put out a better kit.

(Btw im in the black SOHO Motorsports G35 ahead of the Momentum race car in the above videos).

Now to some specific points I read at the end of this thread, Obv it is not a Momentum tune problem considering we ran the supplied basemap for a good portion of our early break in and with zero problems on our 05 Rev Up engine, and to verify even more, the car used to have a Cobb on it and it had zero problems transferring to Uprev and tuning was a breeze. If anyone out there has experienced these problems it is most likely some other variable probably with the shop tuning or installing. This weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway for Z Nationals 2011 were four cars on track with Momentum kits screaming down the straights and flying through the corners, two somewhat modified and two completely race built and I was one of the later so I can say with absolute certitude that there is no better kit on this earth for a G35/350Z application whether it is bone stock or purpose built racecar. Ok so maybe more than 2 cents haha

Last edited by kparlett; 09-27-2011 at 01:58 PM. Reason: i drive through screen doors hahaha
Old 09-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Russ@Z1

I have yet to hear from one of them, we want to know about stuff like this. We have never had a tune be so far off they couldn't drive it, most of the time they are rich at peak tq and continue to be moderately rich in the power band..That is because Pmas MAF Sensors are not all exactly the same and cause the cars fuel trims to be slightly diff, but never in a dangerous way. Never had one "be so far off" they had to start from scratch. Weird how it only happens around you, maybe its the installer not doing something right.

EDIT- I think your talking about the car that had the Cobb installed previously to uprev. We have seen Cobb scramble parts of the ecu that UpRev cant unscramble causing the car to run poorly. The ecu had to be sent to Uprev to fix the error the Cobb caused.
Originally Posted by kparlett
Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this conversation because I just read through it and cant help but be disgusted by the things some people are saying without any knowledge of the actual product. If anyone could possible vouch for the Momentum Performance products and staff I can assure you that there is no one putting out a better kit and there is no one in the industry better than these guys. I have spent a few track days with them, seen the facility and quite frankly I have probably pushed there kit harder on a G35 than anyone on this earth and I can assure you there is nothing be 100% quality, i am astonished every time i take the car out or tune it how well it performs and the guys behind the performance are absolutely great people.

There is nohting better than this on the market today and I would be amazed if anyone could put out a better kit. (Btw im in the black SOHO Motorsports G35 ahead of the Momentum race car in the above videos).

Now to some specific points I read at the end of this thread, Obv it is not a Momentum tune problem considering we ran the supplied basemap for a good portion of our early break in and with zero problems on our 05 Uprev engine, and to verify even more, the car used to have a Cobb on it and it had zero problems transferring to Uprev and tuning was a breeze. If anyone out there has experienced these problems it is most likely some other variable probably with the shop tuning or installing. ....

You all might want to clarify the point highlighted in red.

btw, I separated your screen door.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Taylor@Momentum
Vendor - Former Vendor

You all might want to clarify the point highlighted in red.

btw, I separated your screen door.
Knew this would eventually come up

It depends on the firmware version the Cobb was flashed with. I my self did not fix this problem. Rich from Up Rev knew this was a uncommon problem and a full re flash is required to get rid of the bug. All in all, some do and some don't. I assume the earlier access ports worked perfect before unmarrying and caused the problem. Newer versions worked fine after unmarrying.

What screen door?
Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 PM
Russ@Z1

Just wanted to add my 2 cents to this conversation because I just read through it and cant help but be disgusted by the things some people are saying without any knowledge of the actual product. If anyone could possible vouch for the Momentum Performance products and staff I can assure you that there is no one putting out a better kit and there is no one in the industry better than these guys. I have spent a few track days with them, seen the facility and quite frankly I have probably pushed there kit harder on a G35 than anyone on this earth and I can assure you there is nothing be 100% quality, i am astonished every time i take the car out or tune it how well it performs and the guys behind the performance are absolutely great people. There is nohting better than this on the market today and I would be amazed if anyone could put out a better kit. (Btw im in the black SOHO Motorsports G35 ahead of the Momentum race car in the above videos). Now to some specific points I read at the end of this thread, Obv it is not a Momentum tune problem considering we ran the supplied basemap for a good portion of our early break in and with zero problems on our 05 Rev Up engine, and to verify even more, the car used to have a Cobb on it and it had zero problems transferring to Uprev and tuning was a breeze. If anyone out there has experienced these problems it is most likely some other variable probably with the shop tuning or installing. This weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway for Z Nationals 2011 were four cars on track with Momentum kits screaming down the straights and flying through the corners, two somewhat modified and two completely race built and I was one of the later so I can say with absolute certitude that there is no better kit on this earth for a G35/350Z application whether it is bone stock or purpose built racecar. Ok so maybe more than 2 cents haha

^ screen door

What screen door?

^that one

His conglomeration of words looks like a screen door.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:50 PM
Taylor@Momentum
Vendor - Former Vendor

His conglomeration of words looks like a screen door.

Haha I get it.. funny
Old 09-27-2011, 01:56 PM
kparlett

lol want me to edit it for your liking? haha im not one to talk very often, i usually let performance on track speak for me but I cant help but be personally offended by some of the things on here because i met these guys about 8 months ago when i toured the facility and test drove the cars and have been with them at a few events and I honestly dont have a single bad word to say about them, I have been in this industry literally my entire life and i can assure any naysayers that Momentum is one of the best if not the best turbo kit company out there for our cars. If anyone has had problems it is on the person who installed it or some other problem and has nothing to do with Momentum.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:21 PM
Russ@Z1

If anyone has had problems it is on the person who installed it or some other problem and has nothing to do with Momentum.

This isn't something you should say. Not yet at least.

Quick Reply: Momentum kit owners