Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Boosted Performance & R/T Tuning..My build

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 10:20 AM
gixx76
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by binder
bias ply are the best things for track use. They will absorb the impact off the line and save your axles as well. Not sure if anyone makes an 18" bias ply though.
This car will never see the drag strip..... My track days are road racing my good man

stock heads and cams from what I was told.
Stock heads and cams ...for now
Old 10-16-2012, 10:34 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gixx76
This car will never see the drag strip..... My track days are road racing my good man
Aftermarket turbos in auto-x or other road racing will make you so out classed it's silly (unlimited/outlaw type classes). Do you actually run your car at these events competitively?
Old 10-17-2012, 05:25 AM
binder

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Stock heads and cams ...for now
I wouldn't get into a hurry on head work. It's crazy expensive and it pushed my curve to the right. The amount of power I use is well within the limits of the stock heads so I would have been better off with more midrange.
Old 10-21-2012, 01:46 PM
gixx76
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djamps
Aftermarket turbos in auto-x or other road racing will make you so out classed it's silly (unlimited/outlaw type classes). Do you actually run your car at these events competitively?
dj, I am not sure I follow you?
You meant that I would be out classing the rest of the pack I think,.....Yes that is the point Road racing is 80% driver 20% power, having all that power at your disposal just helps the ones who know what they are doing on the track, Fortunately for me 13 years of road racing puts me in that group

Nothing competitive, simply a hobby, as many track days a year(with the groups that have drivers that actually know what their doing on a track) that we can fit in as possible.

I wouldn't get into a hurry on head work. It's crazy expensive and it pushed my curve to the right. The amount of power I use is well within the limits of the stock heads so I would have been better off with more midrange.
Thanks binder, Good to know, thanks for the heads up.. What about intake? worth any gains with cosworth or the Kintetix??
Old 10-21-2012, 02:16 PM
binder

kinetix is junk. cosworth there were some gains but for forced induction you can get more from 1psi of added boost than an 1100$ intake.

I think what djamps was saying is your turbo puts you in a more competitive class in a sanctioned event. Those guys are ruthless.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Boosted Performance
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

What about intake? worth any gains with cosworth or the Kintetix??
Depending on how far you want to go with the power, the cossworth manifold is a nice piece of hardware. However, before you start adding other components I would consider going to the larger .96 a/r turbine housing as well. It will open things up a bit more, and you could go to 650whp + with just that upgrade, and a couple of more psi of boost. The IAT's would go down as well, because the exhaust back pressure would also be reduced with the larger, housing that flows more. You are already making more power with a ST than any other production kit out there....and there is still room to go..

And remember, with any changes the tune should be adjusted.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:21 PM
binder

from personal experience, after 600 the fun factor goes down and the stress during driving goes way up! it requires a lot more driver attention to keep it going.