Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

VQ35DE 5AT G35 Build (By Dynosty)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:39 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Triji
Well then.... Here is to praying that the tranny will hold up for a good while at least.

Will start out w/ the 2.87 and cross fingers that the TQ is at a manageable upper 300ish / low 400 area.
Your trans should hold up quite well with the transgo and cooler.Remember your torque will not hit as hard as my twins setup and mine has lasted for over 70,000 miles...granted i dont drive it ***** to the walls all the time.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Triji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Your trans should hold up quite well with the transgo and cooler.Remember your torque will not hit as hard as my twins setup and mine has lasted for over 70,000 miles...granted i dont drive it ***** to the walls all the time.
Good to go, that is what I am hoping for... I don't drive all crazy anymore either so it should be good to go for awhile.
Old 03-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Triji

Ok so Dynosty just got the TR # on the Kelford cams so they are on their way and once they get there things can start moving forward once again.

My blower came back from 928 today and is again at Dynosty... Good turn around time from them... About a week total time getting the rebuild done and back.

Here is a pic of my timing cover, the small covers pictured are just place holders for now. I am going either with polished or a 'black chrome' powdercoat effect. Have not totally decided on that part yet but have to figure that out soon.

Last edited by Triji; 03-19-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default engine cover

...sorta looks like that......
Attached Thumbnails VQ35DE 5AT G35 Build (By Dynosty)-engine-front-end-most-ic-pipes-in-closeup-nice.jpg  
Old 03-19-2013, 08:20 PM
Triji

Yup a bit like that although I am changing up the 4 covers a tad. I looked at many pics before deciding on the color and went with more of a 2 stage anodized blue. The whole silver / polished thing is a bit played out to me and I am also going with the Cosworth and will have that done a bit differently as well.... Just trying to figure out the SC bracket and how I want that done, to match the timing cover or the accent pieces...

This was my engine bay 'before' ...

Old 03-20-2013, 06:01 PM
ogiehooker

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default sweet

sweet AND CLEAN!!!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:19 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by ogiehooker
sweet AND CLEAN!!!
Thanks man

Going to be cleaning up some of the wiring and replacing the SSV w/ a Cosworth so the engine cover will be going as well... Getting a catch can and replacing the resiviors with a cleaner set up... Just got to figure out what color to do the SC bracket... Since it will be covering much of the timing cover almost thinking of going with that same blue... Then the smaller covers will be an offset color, either the polished or a black chrome powdercoat... Then the piping will also be that same offset color as well as the SC housing..
Old 03-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Get a rare jdm cover now before you have the sprocket covers painted and have it painted to match.
Also i wouldnt have my ic piping painted so i hope you're getting them anodized....

Originally Posted by Triji
Thanks man

Going to be cleaning up some of the wiring and replacing the SSV w/ a Cosworth so the engine cover will be going as well... Getting a catch can and replacing the resiviors with a cleaner set up... Just got to figure out what color to do the SC bracket... Since it will be covering much of the timing cover almost thinking of going with that same blue... Then the smaller covers will be an offset color, either the polished or a black chrome powdercoat... Then the piping will also be that same offset color as well as the SC housing..
Old 03-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Triji

Originally Posted by Resmarted
Get a rare jdm cover now before you have the sprocket covers painted and have it painted to match.
Also i wouldnt have my ic piping painted so i hope you're getting them anodized....
Doin a wire tuck so no need for the rare jdm cover as that would also cover up the top of the timing cover I just had powdercoated... I'll either get the IC piping powdercoated or leave it polished depending on if I polish or powdercoat the cosworth.

I am leaning towards polish at this point in time but I keep going back and forth on it because if done right the 'black chrome' powdecoat could look pretty sweet.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Triji

The Kelford cams showed up today so it's almost time to start getting it all put together! This was one of the last peices of the puzzle we were waiting to show up!

Old 03-24-2013, 08:37 AM
meanz

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Car looks great, cant see how yours turns out when finished. Our builds are pretty similar. What intercooler did you decide on getting?
Old 03-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Triji

Originally Posted by meanz
Car looks great, cant see how yours turns out when finished. Our builds are pretty similar. What intercooler did you decide on getting?
Thanks! I am hoping she runs strong and reliable when I get har back... First thing I have to do is get her emissions tested which I am slightly nervous about with the new build... Hope she gets through that smoothly. I am still waiting on clearance measurements from Hal... I am looking at two Treadstones currently, 10.5" X 22" X 4.5" (TR1045) and the 12.5" X 22" X 3.5" (TR1235)

I am thinking that the 4.5" depth may be a tad 'too' deep and be snugged up to tight against the radiator so I am leaning towards the TR1235 at this point because the clearance would be nice there not to mention the airflow to the rad.

Last edited by Triji; 03-24-2013 at 09:04 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 AM
timeltel

Received 177 Likes on 123 Posts

Hi, Triji: Was in the Dynosty shop Fri., talked with front guy Justin, Hal, & a tour of the immaculate shop. Your G was stored carefully against the back wall, looked not far from being freshly detailed. Nice car.

There to confirm Osiris tune & enable cruise for my '08 base Z, wish now I'd payed more attention, snapped a few pics.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:19 AM
Triji

Originally Posted by timeltel
Hi, Triji: Was in the Dynosty shop Fri., talked with front guy Justin, Hal, & a tour of the immaculate shop. Your G was stored carefully against the back wall, looked not far from being freshly detailed. Nice car.

There to confirm Osiris tune & enable cruise for my '08 base Z, wish now I'd payed more attention, snapped a few pics.

Good to go! I washed and waxed her before putting her on the transport to get her out there... She probably got a bit of dust on here from the trip but I am glad she is still looking good. There are a couple of 'cosmetic' things I need to do to clean her up, one of which is the hood where a tranny shop tried to close it on the hood pins and cracked the paint on her nose (grrrrrrrr) .... I'll get to that though once I get her back on her feet.

I hear that they have a surgically clean shop and that they keep it that way which is one of the reasons I put her in their care. They should be able to start more work on her soon since the cams are now there...

Damn wish I lived closer so I could take a tour! ... I researched many places before shipping her out there and feel very comfortable with my decision.

Thanks for the report!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:55 PM
Colombo

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

any new updates!!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:30 PM
tcw015

If you don't mind me asking I am about to ship my car to NC and curious what transport you went with and how you liked them?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Triji and I both used Agape Auto Transport to transport to Dynosty (in KY but I live in NC). Very good customer service, but they are a broker, not the actual transport company.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:23 PM
OldManZ350

Received 230 Likes on 170 Posts

Update!!!!!!!!!????????????

When is this G35 going to hit the road?
Old 07-20-2013, 06:14 PM
Resmarted

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by OldManZ350
Update!!!!!!!!!????????????

When is this G35 going to hit the road?
6 months before mine does.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:30 AM
gixx76
Banned

Drooling in awww... looks awesome.

Quick Reply: VQ35DE 5AT G35 Build (By Dynosty)